criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why are there Characters from different time periods everywhere?

Egzekutor_X
21 posts Member
edited November 28
Is it only annoying to me?
Following the logic of Han Solo, or Leia, or Rey, or Kylo running on the Geonosis, we should also have Storm-troopers there, or Resistance troopers, Ewoks, why not, right?
Also you put so much pressure at keeping the game as realistic as possible (which I appreciate), but you gonna allow Anakin to fight Vader on Kashyyk or any other planet?
It's like having a theme party, where everyone dresses as Batman villains and suddenly you see a dude dressed as Jar Jar Binks... and it's pretty funny, I admit, for like one day, but he does it every time.

Replies

  • Clone Wars has begun? More like Time Wars.
  • You could add R2-D2 and C3PO and then.... they could be at any time period and then you would have two slots extra for players to choose from. In post Return of the Jedi period, C3P0 could have red arm skin. He could have; Translate Ability, Fast Walk Ability and Confused Mode Ability... I wouldn't have any issues with him running on the battlefield, at any anytime.
  • Why isn't there Jango Fett on the field? He almost looks like Boba Fett
  • Or you could add Passel Argente
  • or Rick and Morty
  • Does somebody has information, or any clue, that they are going to change it?
  • You must be new to the game. This has been a feature since launch.
  • I know it's a feature since launch, but are they going to do something about it?
  • I saw some people complaining about it too. Is it cause of the lack of Characters per map? Or people actually just ignore that?
  • In the first Battlefront, like for example Walker Assault on Hoth, you wouldn't get distracted by Darth Maul running around, but you could breath in the cold air and occasionally get choked by man in the black mask...
  • Though he is more machine than a man, his mind is twisted and evil.
  • Dumb idea for several reason. Primarly because in the sequel trilogy the Empire would be outnumbered in terms of Heroes to choose from, as well as being stomped in the last phase in a 2v4 situation. Broken. Its also incredibly limiting and obtrusive to force me into playing a Hero I hate just to satisfy your selective disbelief, because of course the Clones never fought on Naboo, Weapons from multiple eras litter the battlefield, rainbow legions never existed, among other anomalies too numerous to count. In short, it makes the game worse than it already is. implementing restricted era with no way to opt out would just finish this game off.
  • StarCraftSniper
    7 posts Member
    edited November 29
    Current situation
    Geonosis without Geonosians or StarFighters

    OOPS!
  • Dumb idea for several reason. Primarly because in the sequel trilogy the Empire would be outnumbered in terms of Heroes to choose from, as well as being stomped in the last phase in a 2v4 situation. Broken. Its also incredibly limiting and obtrusive to force me into playing a Hero I hate just to satisfy your selective disbelief, because of course the Clones never fought on Naboo,

    Dumb idea is Kylo Ren fighting Clones. If there is not enough of Characters to choose from, then that's the problem. Clones can fight on any planet for that matter, but they are not gonna be fighting Resistance... So if EA would be too lazy to make Droids, your argument would be, ow... the game works now, why bother, selective disbelief.

    To clear things up, I'm only talking about Galactic Assault, so nobody is forcing anyone to play with the Hero. I don't like the idea, of mixing every character on the field from every movie, and btw the fractions are dictating when the war is happening, so it doesn't matter where they are. (unless it's a Resistance vs First Order on the planet that already blew up)
  • TerramineLightvoid
    14 posts Member
    edited November 29
    I just think some fans are too obsessed. Besides I see fanboys on here who like characters that have **** sacks for faces, and the old wrinkly ball sack Palpatine. What the fans want seriously preturbs me sometimes.

    This is no exception. It's a video game where you get to play as your favorite characters. You would think the real fanboy lust would be to see those what if scenarios of "what if X character battles Y character". If this was Dragonball, or Marvel, that's exactly what you'd want.

    But starwars fans? "No I completely lack an imagination and despite this series just being a sci fi action about kickass laser saber battles between powerful rivals, I'm not actually watching it with a childlike wonder akin to how one deals with Action Figures. Nah, I just want to play out the strict linear and boring vanilla canon. Nevermind that I'm fighting on crait, and instead of old luke clashing on the battlefield with kylo distracting him, the battle is just happening and oh don't forget half of those battles will see the First Order win and crush the rebels and slaughter Luke and everybody else, which also didn't happen canonically according to the story."

    To emphasize, you're already playing the game to play out scenarios that are the exact opposite of what actually happened in the story. I don't see you trying to sabotage your team when you're on the first order's side of crait, shouting blasphemy that they are actually trying to win and are betraying the canonical sequence of events.

    For **** sake, this isn't a History Re-enactment gig, it's just a game for you to **** off your starwars fanboy lust while Rey gets pounded by Vader's large saber. Accept it, embrace it, let it flow through you!
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • Dumb idea for several reason. Primarly because in the sequel trilogy the Empire would be outnumbered in terms of Heroes to choose from, as well as being stomped in the last phase in a 2v4 situation. Broken. Its also incredibly limiting and obtrusive to force me into playing a Hero I hate just to satisfy your selective disbelief, because of course the Clones never fought on Naboo,

    Dumb idea is Kylo Ren fighting Clones. If there is not enough of Characters to choose from, then that's the problem. Clones can fight on any planet for that matter, but they are not gonna be fighting Resistance... So if EA would be too lazy to make Droids, your argument would be, ow... the game works now, why bother, selective disbelief.

    To clear things up, I'm only talking about Galactic Assault, so nobody is forcing anyone to play with the Hero. I don't like the idea, of mixing every character on the field from every movie, and btw the fractions are dictating when the war is happening, so it doesn't matter where they are. (unless it's a Resistance vs First Order on the planet that already blew up)

    So, you care less about game balance than your 'immersion?'
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    JediJulius wrote: »
    Dumb idea for several reason. Primarly because in the sequel trilogy the Empire would be outnumbered in terms of Heroes to choose from, as well as being stomped in the last phase in a 2v4 situation. Broken. Its also incredibly limiting and obtrusive to force me into playing a Hero I hate just to satisfy your selective disbelief, because of course the Clones never fought on Naboo,

    Dumb idea is Kylo Ren fighting Clones. If there is not enough of Characters to choose from, then that's the problem. Clones can fight on any planet for that matter, but they are not gonna be fighting Resistance... So if EA would be too lazy to make Droids, your argument would be, ow... the game works now, why bother, selective disbelief.

    To clear things up, I'm only talking about Galactic Assault, so nobody is forcing anyone to play with the Hero. I don't like the idea, of mixing every character on the field from every movie, and btw the fractions are dictating when the war is happening, so it doesn't matter where they are. (unless it's a Resistance vs First Order on the planet that already blew up)

    So, you care less about game balance than your 'immersion?'

    I'd rather have immersion. Heroes are easy enough to kill in this game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png



  • JediJulius wrote: »
    Dumb idea for several reason. Primarly because in the sequel trilogy the Empire would be outnumbered in terms of Heroes to choose from, as well as being stomped in the last phase in a 2v4 situation. Broken. Its also incredibly limiting and obtrusive to force me into playing a Hero I hate just to satisfy your selective disbelief, because of course the Clones never fought on Naboo,

    Dumb idea is Kylo Ren fighting Clones. If there is not enough of Characters to choose from, then that's the problem. Clones can fight on any planet for that matter, but they are not gonna be fighting Resistance... So if EA would be too lazy to make Droids, your argument would be, ow... the game works now, why bother, selective disbelief.

    To clear things up, I'm only talking about Galactic Assault, so nobody is forcing anyone to play with the Hero. I don't like the idea, of mixing every character on the field from every movie, and btw the fractions are dictating when the war is happening, so it doesn't matter where they are. (unless it's a Resistance vs First Order on the planet that already blew up)

    So, you care less about game balance than your 'immersion?'


    But it's not about disturbing the balance, it's about what is lacking. Btw. injustice in the balance of power would take you from your 'immersion' too, I guess.
    So if somebody is listening :) I have, a suggestion. Focusing on a lesser amount of heroes, per time period, would be easier then balancing all of them. They could be more specific in nature, more colorful and unique.
    I think that the Game, as the Game should be joining two worlds, of game-play and the story... And the story here is, every character symbolizes something. A lot of players are playing it, because it's Star Wars, not a blank silhouettes shooting each other.
  • JediJulius
    182 posts Member
    edited November 29
    JediJulius wrote: »
    Dumb idea for several reason. Primarly because in the sequel trilogy the Empire would be outnumbered in terms of Heroes to choose from, as well as being stomped in the last phase in a 2v4 situation. Broken. Its also incredibly limiting and obtrusive to force me into playing a Hero I hate just to satisfy your selective disbelief, because of course the Clones never fought on Naboo,

    Dumb idea is Kylo Ren fighting Clones. If there is not enough of Characters to choose from, then that's the problem. Clones can fight on any planet for that matter, but they are not gonna be fighting Resistance... So if EA would be too lazy to make Droids, your argument would be, ow... the game works now, why bother, selective disbelief.

    To clear things up, I'm only talking about Galactic Assault, so nobody is forcing anyone to play with the Hero. I don't like the idea, of mixing every character on the field from every movie, and btw the fractions are dictating when the war is happening, so it doesn't matter where they are. (unless it's a Resistance vs First Order on the planet that already blew up)

    So, you care less about game balance than your 'immersion?'


    But it's not about disturbing the balance, it's about what is lacking. Btw. injustice in the balance of power would take you from your 'immersion' too, I guess.
    So if somebody is listening :) I have, a suggestion. Focusing on a lesser amount of heroes, per time period, would be easier then balancing all of them. They could be more specific in nature, more colorful and unique.
    I think that the Game, as the Game should be joining two worlds, of game-play and the story... And the story here is, every character symbolizes something. A lot of players are playing it, because it's Star Wars, not a blank silhouettes shooting each other.

    But I don't play this game to get immersed. I play it to escape from depression and to have fun with my friends since a lot of them are or were Star Wars fans. Balance is important, especially in a shooter.

    What are you even arguing at this point anyway? I don't even understand your last comment. Less heroes? More unique? Why do we need less in a game already sparse in some regards.

    Every hero does symbolize something and most of the heroes and villains in game are important. But Star Wars has a PLETHORA of important characters. And you're right that no one is forcing anyone to play as a Hero, but I'd LOVE to see a team win without a single hero vs a team that consistently uses 2-3.

    The Prequel and Sequel trilogy just need another hero or two a piece before they should consider something like locking Heroes to an era(s). Even then, that's still limiting content at any given time in GA which I see as more of a detriment than a blessing just for a marginal gain in immersion.
  • Focusing on a lesser amount of heroes per time period, which means less heroes for a map.
  • Immersion, escaping from depression, or just for fun... same thing.
    But I understand that you're agreeing that they should lock heroes to an era.
  • Or they could add maybe extra Raw Galactic Assault just without Heroes at all
  • Dumb idea for several reason. Primarly because in the sequel trilogy the Empire would be outnumbered in terms of Heroes to choose from, as well as being stomped in the last phase in a 2v4 situation. Broken. Its also incredibly limiting and obtrusive to force me into playing a Hero I hate just to satisfy your selective disbelief, because of course the Clones never fought on Naboo, Weapons from multiple eras litter the battlefield, rainbow legions never existed, among other anomalies too numerous to count. In short, it makes the game worse than it already is. implementing restricted era with no way to opt out would just finish this game off.

    So just limit the heroes at 2 or 3 in ST for each side...
  • It seems silly, but this is also how the original 2005 battlefront II worked. The heros didn’t always sensibly match up with their maps, and there was an assault mode where all heroes and villains from all eras fought too. I think it works fine and makes the game fun. Plus, in GA, if we could only play as heroes relevant to their maps, there wouldn’t be enough playable heroes for us to use simultaneously.
  • TerramineLightvoid
    14 posts Member
    edited December 3
    SteveyJoe wrote: »
    It seems silly, but this is also how the original 2005 battlefront II worked. The heros didn’t always sensibly match up with their maps, and there was an assault mode where all heroes and villains from all eras fought too. I think it works fine and makes the game fun. Plus, in GA, if we could only play as heroes relevant to their maps, there wouldn’t be enough playable heroes for us to use simultaneously.
    To be fair tho, Battlefront 2 had a much more robust Arcade mode that let you play every mode that you can online, in offline single player and local multiplayer. While on the reverse side online servers involved players setting up their own map playlists with their own custom rules.

    So actually, if you wanted a canon playlist that kept the heroes and units in their respective Eras... it was barely an inconvenience to do. That's what this game is really missing. This is something that is an absolute must for them to work on after the classic Comand Posts game mode is added. They need to add the ability to host our own servers with our own custom playlists and rules, especially because what happens when online play for this game stops? Plus it's just so annoying that we can't pick the maps we play on and their selected playlists are pretty stupid(Did people even really want a "clone wars playlist" when it basically just acted as a map limiter that limited the maps to only a couple of maps which gets boring over time?), etc.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

    Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

    We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • SteveyJoe wrote: »
    It seems silly, but this is also how the original 2005 battlefront II worked. The heros didn’t always sensibly match up with their maps, and there was an assault mode where all heroes and villains from all eras fought too. I think it works fine and makes the game fun. Plus, in GA, if we could only play as heroes relevant to their maps, there wouldn’t be enough playable heroes for us to use simultaneously.
    To be fair tho, Battlefront 2 had a much more robust Arcade mode that let you play every mode that you can online, in offline single player and local multiplayer. While on the reverse side online servers involved players setting up their own map playlists with their own custom rules.

    So actually, if you wanted a canon playlist that kept the heroes and units in their respective Eras... it was barely an inconvenience to do. That's what this game is really missing. This is something that is an absolute must for them to work on after the classic Comand Posts game mode is added. They need to add the ability to host our own servers with our own custom playlists and rules, especially because what happens when online play for this game stops? Plus it's just so annoying that we can't pick the maps we play on and their selected playlists are pretty stupid(Did people even really want a "clone wars playlist" when it basically just acted as a map limiter that limited the maps to only a couple of maps which gets boring over time?), etc.

    It seems like it would actually solve the problem.
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    SteveyJoe wrote: »
    It seems silly, but this is also how the original 2005 battlefront II worked. The heros didn’t always sensibly match up with their maps, and there was an assault mode where all heroes and villains from all eras fought too. I think it works fine and makes the game fun. Plus, in GA, if we could only play as heroes relevant to their maps, there wouldn’t be enough playable heroes for us to use simultaneously.
    To be fair tho, Battlefront 2 had a much more robust Arcade mode that let you play every mode that you can online, in offline single player and local multiplayer. While on the reverse side online servers involved players setting up their own map playlists with their own custom rules.

    So actually, if you wanted a canon playlist that kept the heroes and units in their respective Eras... it was barely an inconvenience to do. That's what this game is really missing. This is something that is an absolute must for them to work on after the classic Comand Posts game mode is added. They need to add the ability to host our own servers with our own custom playlists and rules, especially because what happens when online play for this game stops? Plus it's just so annoying that we can't pick the maps we play on and their selected playlists are pretty stupid(Did people even really want a "clone wars playlist" when it basically just acted as a map limiter that limited the maps to only a couple of maps which gets boring over time?), etc.

    The og's were mainly sp games, at least on console. MP online was new to console at the time and wasn't really big until the next generation of consoles came out.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Prequels: Bad guys: (Maul), Palpy (just add him diffrent cloak), Dooku, they cold add Jango (which would be Boba in diffrent skin, jesus) Good guys: Ani, Obi, Yoda, add Rex for example

    Main: Bad guys: Vader, Palpy, Boba, Bossk, Good guys: Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia, Lando

    Sequels: Good guys: Rey, Finn, Old Solo, Old Chewie, Bad guys: Kylo, Phlasma, ammm... add Hux and Snokie?

    Done. I think it's enough, or do like TerramineLightvoid said... but maybe they can't? Cause there is too little players online these days? And more options would make maps empty.
  • Moxx
    57 posts Member
    Well given that the marketing for this game is all about "cross-era" combat and playing out your Star Wars fantasies, it makes perfect sense.
  • Moxx wrote: »
    Well given that the marketing for this game is all about "cross-era" combat and playing out your Star Wars fantasies, it makes perfect sense.

    :( Daaamn.
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    Moxx wrote: »
    Well given that the marketing for this game is all about "cross-era" combat and playing out your Star Wars fantasies, it makes perfect sense.

    you have different Star Wars fantasies than I do
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Moxx
    57 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Moxx wrote: »
    Well given that the marketing for this game is all about "cross-era" combat and playing out your Star Wars fantasies, it makes perfect sense.

    you have different Star Wars fantasies than I do

    I think that's how fantasies work.
  • Moxx wrote: »
    Well given that the marketing for this game is all about "cross-era" combat and playing out your Star Wars fantasies, it makes perfect sense.

    I don't know actually if marketing is about cross-era, maybe at the beginning because they had like 3 characters, and they had Rey and Maul running around on Naboo, cause it presents, that you might have a lot of options in the future, like all the characters (Maul from the very beginning, and maybe from very end; Rey, of ow boy, all Star Wars universe).
    Now, marketing is like; Last Jedi Map? Last Jedi Characters? Geonosis? Grevious, Obi... and Dooku and Ani.
  • Here we go again.

    Nothing to see here, Devs, move along. Move along.
Sign In or Register to comment.