criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Focused Feedback: Geonosis

Prev13456
F8RGE
312 posts EA Community Manager
With the arrival of Geonosis today there’s no better time than now to kick start a Focused Feedback thread dedicated to it.

You’re all familiar with these by now, but as always, we want your feedback. The good and the bad. What do you like about Geonosis? What don’t you like? What other feedback do you have?

Drop your thoughts below!

Replies

• Oh my god, just got out of school can’t wait to download the update and play on Geonosis😆😆😆
  • Make the spider droids playable is my feedback. More variety the better.

True this, have some AI so there's always some attacking the objective and have some controllable. They look and sound amazing.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Ultras
    15 posts Member
    edited November 28
    LOVE IT!!!! its so massive, the only thing that its missing is the replacement for the Wookie, and PLEASE make it a 5 days geonosis marathon !!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Ultras wrote: »
    LOVE IT!!!! its so massive, the only thing that its missing is the replacement for the Wookie, and PLEASE make it a 5 days geonosis marathon !!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE

Haven't played yet... have to wait 8 hours until after work. So there are no enforcers on Geonosis?
  • First impression was very fun. I liked the lack of choke points.
  • Sath
    227 posts Member
    1. Heavies can easily snipe the AT-TEs from afar and do massive damage, too many, and the clones got no chance to win.
    2. After using ion shot my heavy gun loses its sight when zooming (only tested with the second heavy weapon so far).
    3. When a squadmade stands near a gorge, we can actually fall down after spawning on him.
    4. Under certain circumstances we can spawn with a speeder out of bounds (clones).
    5. Hero xp gain (even during dxp) is very low compared to HvV, but i guess that has always been like that.
  • Enjoying the new map, but is it possible to play any other maps today? I’d like to give Obi Wan a try on other maps, but only can load into Geonosis.
  • JayJedi wrote: »
    Ultras wrote: »

Haven't played yet... have to wait 8 hours until after work. So there are no enforcers on Geonosis?

I had a game as the Republic, we had Rocket Troopers, plus BARC speeders and AT-RTs. Saw loads of Super Battle Droids.
  • Love the map, everything about it but Im finding the ATTEs are pretty weak, a team with disrutptor and ion shot has too easy of a time taking them down. I dont think ive seen one get within 100 meters of the final objective.
  • I'm looking forward to trying this in a bit. I've heard that the 242 with disruptor shot is doing to much damage from a distance to the vehicles. I'm hoping you don't do a general nerf but rather decrease the damage they do to those specific vehicles in Geonosis if anything is updated. I use this with improved cooling in GA all the time and I'd hate to see a nerf made to the damage it does for Geonosis affect the other maps. It already takes 3 shots to kill people when not going after vehicles and I'd hate to see it go to 4-5.
  • Wow. Such a broken map. Yay. Didn't test this one either did you? Seriously, do you not bother with industry standards? Do you not have BA's? Testers? Code migration? It is totally unbalanced. Every game ends the same. Yay this broken map will be the only thing people can play for, what? 5 days? Too bad.
  • Grievous is STILL doing multiple danage with his claw rush. This needs a hotfix as in HvV it 8s game breaking whe he does it 3'4 times.
  • NERF OBI-WAN!!

:D
  • vidovi1995
    2 posts Member
    edited November 28
    Very nice map. Still the Officer is Op but Obiwan and the map is the best map. Now I'm waiting to droidekas and please fix the squad system and the matchmaking because I can't join a game with my friend in the same Squad!
    Things to improve:

-GA CW rotation permanent

-Fix squad system with friends to stay in every round and match with them

-the most impotant, bring us Droidekas

-LAAT and Ships in Geonosis would be extremely great
  • The map and the different take on GA is sick. So multi-dimensional and tough for one hero to dominate because it’s so open. I don’t really get the Ion shot with the AT-TE: I know you need to use it to take the shield off the Hardcells, but when I’ve been in the AT-TE it’s never been available to use. One thing I’ve noticed with Obi-Wan is when he connects with his lightsaber it seems to make a noise like a standard melee attack, rather than a lightsaber connection SFX, most of the time. That’s on XONE.

Thanks for all the hard work, it’s really fun.
  • Great map, good vibes. Love the ending cinematics.

Spider droids should definitely be playable, the droids need some love.
    Maybe the spiders at the end could serve as a sort of turret for the droids? Would be a nice idea!

Kenobis block ability is not working properly, his defensive rush is a bit buggy. He needs an exit/dodge exit like rey.

I've additionally noticed that mauls Saber throw never does damage when i throw it right through an enemy.
  • Wattsy93 wrote: »
    The map and the different take on GA is sick. So multi-dimensional and tough for one hero to dominate because it’s so open. I don’t really get the Ion shot with the AT-TE: I know you need to use it to take the shield off the Hardcells, but when I’ve been in the AT-TE it’s never been available to use. One thing I’ve noticed with Obi-Wan is when he connects with his lightsaber it seems to make a noise like a standard melee attack, rather than a lightsaber connection SFX, most of the time. That’s on XONE.

Thanks for all the hard work, it’s really fun.

You need to be in siege mode to be able to use the ion shot.
  • Feedback

Good

- Stunning visuals
    - It's fun
    - It's chaos

Bad

- STAP is a chore to use. Poor controls. Aiming reticle level needs tweaking.
    - OG-9 Spider Droids need objective markers and stronger health.
    - Still don't understand why we can't play as any Spider droid
    - Lack of LAAT playability feels weird.
    - Stopping the Clones from calling for reinforcements objective is over so quickly. I'm noticing players not bothering to defend.

Side stuff

- EoR screen still insistent on giving me "Match already over" screen despite transitioning to a new map. Once I'm in a server that ends a match with that screen, it never fixes itself
  • stevenomes
    4601 posts Member
    edited November 28
    At work so cant really dig in until later today when i get back. I only played one Geo match this morning and went through an arcade with obi wan so this is just my very first initial reactions.

Obi Wan feels really good to play. like his blocking rush animation it feels different and also his jumping strike attack (when you use light saber just out of standard range) looks real. like how his push can be adjusted width depending on how long you hold the button. he wasn't buggy for me in arcade but I dont know about Geo, I never got to him yet.

Geo - the map is stunning. I found myself running to the edges wanting to explore more but knew the team would hate me so I had to push forward. it feels really different and refreshing than other maps. wide open but enough cover to still make approach. I have a feeling the ion shot will be OP for empire though.

so far everyone is just running around getting used to map and how to play it so I dont expect well have a good feel for how it is for another few days. looks to be a big addition to the game. I look forward to sitting down tonight with a few drinks and really grinding the map.
  • seems like pointless chaos
    I am 100% unsure of what is going on at any point of the battle and it appears that everyone else on my team is wandering around aimlessly.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Feedback

Good

- Stunning visuals
    - It's fun
    - It's chaos

Bad

- Stopping the Clones from calling for reinforcements objective is over so quickly. I'm noticing players not bothering to defend.

Side stuff

- EoR screen still insistent on giving me "Match already over" screen despite transitioning to a new map. Once I'm in a server that ends a match with that screen, it never fixes itself

This sums it up.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    We're seeing reports that AT-TE's are being destroyed quickly. We're looking into 'potentially' increasing their health via a server side tweak. Currently analysing our data on your matches to find the 'right' amount.

More info as it develops.
    Don’t forget Obi wan push bug

Getting stuck in animation
  • lMaximuSl
    1 posts Member
    edited November 28
    Hello there,
    • (PS4)Obi-wan emote "Your move" has wrong animation in game(not at the menu). Instead of that it's got an animation for "Absolutes".
    • AT-TEs need more health, becasue they're being destroyed very quickly on the 3 phase.
    • OG-9 Homing Spider Droids need an icon to be recognised as an enemy and also a hitmarker.

• RandLock
    12 posts Member
    edited November 28
    Only had time to play 2-3games, once defending and twice attacking.

Good things:
    - amazing landscape, the map looks amazing. Really feel like I’m in the war during attack of the clones. Immersive
    - like how there aren’t any choke points
    - The first phase is cool how it blends into the bigger and large scale war,
    - The last phase concept is very cool, meaning how you have to cross with an ATTE in a large area and not just a small area
    - the chaotic aspect is really cool

Bad things (more like improvements):
    - more vehicles, please add the LAAT (if possible make it controllable, you’ve already made the ATTE controllable why not go a step further and make it even more epic with controllable LAATs!)
    - Add the spider droids, the big ones and the dwarfs, plus the snail droid, this way the clones have LAAT and ATTE (two very powerful vehicles) while the CIS have smaller more mobile vehicles and it would even out. It makes so much sense to make it a huge vehicle based map since that’s how it was in the movie. Also it’s hard as a trooper to cross the map because it’s so wide, more vehicles would change this
    - (Also maybe some starfighters, however might be weird with the sandstorm so not a priority)
    - The thing with the Wookiee’s of course, would love to see some awesome new clone reinforcements (ARC troopers maybe)
    - the sniper thing, impossible to take down as the ATTE but sniper can shoot from anywhere, however a skilled ATTE driver could probly deal with this. Maybe just lower the damage from sniper slightly just on the ATTE

Another small, more general thing, can you add more clone wars music playing more often? Like the trailer song, or the droid March song, just feels so epic in the trailer and the music would really add that feel while playing.

Haven’t really played enough to point out too much. In general tho super cool, everything looks great! Only thing is vehicles, add more!

Otherwise, great job!
  • Feedback

Good

- Stunning visuals
    - It's fun
    - It's chaos

Bad

Side stuff

@Chrissycole64

EoR screen troubleshooting tip: I'm not sure if you play any arcade before jumping into Multiplayer but I do. Every single time I play arcade first, I receive the "Match already over" screen. So the quickest and easiest workaround I use is to quit and reboot the game after I get my daily credits in arcade. Haven't had the "match already over" screen issue since. Hope that helps.
  • Feedback

Good

- Stunning visuals
    - It's fun
    - It's chaos

Bad

Side stuff

@Chrissycole64

EoR screen troubleshooting tip: I'm not sure if you play any arcade before jumping into Multiplayer but I do. Every single time I play arcade first, I receive the "Match already over" screen. So the quickest and easiest workaround I use is to quit and reboot the game after I get my daily credits in arcade. Haven't had the "match already over" screen issue since. Hope that helps.

the solution for me has been to play arcade last. use the last 30 min of my bf2 to run some arcade. then you dont have to deal with the EOM display glitch in multiplayer
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    Feedback

Good

- Stunning visuals
    - It's fun
    - It's chaos

Bad

Side stuff

@Chrissycole64

the solution for me has been to play arcade last. use the last 30 min of my bf2 to run some arcade. then you dont have to deal with the EOM display glitch in multiplayer

You could do that too. I never know how long I'll be playing for and I want to guarantee I'll get my 2k free credits (arcade + crate) which is why I always start with that. Rebooting the game works every time for me, which is really only an extra 90 seconds or so. No big deal. I know for a fact that once I start playing the new map today, there's no chance I'll stop playing to get arcade credits. So today, instead of blowing myself up 15 times, I plan to play as Obi Wan in custom arcade 15 times, then it's off to the new map!
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    Feedback

Good

- Stunning visuals
    - It's fun
    - It's chaos

Bad

Side stuff

@Chrissycole64

You could do that too. I never know how long I'll be playing for and I want to guarantee I'll get my 2k free credits (arcade + crate) which is why I always start with that. Rebooting the game works every time for me, which is really only an extra 90 seconds or so. No big deal. I know for a fact that once I start playing the new map today, there's no chance I'll stop playing to get arcade credits. So today, instead of blowing myself up 15 times, I plan to play as Obi Wan in custom arcade 15 times, then it's off to the new map!

true. but the fact remains why does this glitch still exist after multiple months. they already fixed it once then it came back. I guess its the new normal.
  • The STAPS have to be WAY faster. Like 2 or 3 times faster. As well as how agile they are, how quickly they turn around and/or hover to the sides laterally. That needs to be increased a lot as well. They feel so slow and clunky at the moment. There's no momentum, they feel nothing like what we saw in the movies. It's a vehicle that is already quite a big target out there, they need more movement capabilities.

Also I'd love them to be able to fly up a bit, high enough to fly over the AT-TE. In the movies (especially the Clone Wars animated film) they were able to fly really.

Barc Speeders I thought were ok, from the small amount of time I've played with them.

Also (when defending as the Separatists) invisible walls on the left side out of bounds. It breaks the immersion. When you can see troopers running there but you can even get to them. Out of bounds should be a free zone to explore, the 10 second timer is enough to get you out of there.
  • Was so hyped for this but NOT feeling it which is super sad i love clones too.
    Just like Kasshyyk The ongoing scenes that are around the actual gameplay look loads better than what’s actually going on... I don’t understand the mission for clones or CIS. Really not enough vehicles for this map unfortunately is all i can say with to much focus on the AT-TE speeders were welcomed but nothing great about them also AAT was never ever on Geonosis.
    Snipers yes snipers everywhere.
    I don’t think i can suggest the things that will help this map because they just aren’t in the game.
  • @F8RGE
    Don’t get me wrong, I really love this update and obi wan, but his German voice is horrible. Please fix
  • Only played it a couple of rounds and due to matchmaking, got clones both times.

Overall I like it as much as anyone else here and agree with previous posters observations, particularly re the health of the AT-TE (haven’t seen the third phase yet!)

One thing I noticed is that there is already a lot of spawn camping in the second phase:
    Default position for clones to spawn is next to one of the AT-TEs, if you can’t squad spawn.
    However, the droids are able to get in behind it easily, and stand back some distance, picking off clones as they spawn in.

I’m all for being able to flank, but this is a pretty cheap tactic TBH.
    There is some cover around the area, and I managed to get my own back on a couple of the rascals, but I think there ought to be something to prevent this happening, particularly while we’re still learning our way around on this one.

Maybe have one of those invisible “fall back” lines for the droids, a short way behind the rear-most AT-TE, so flanking is still possible, but so they can’t hang around for long, as the vehicles will move forward?
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Right on time...the AT-TE health will soon be increased. We're just waiting for servers to restart. No download required.

Good news!

I played both sides twice, and effectivelly, the AT-TE never reached the capture zone while looking at the score, the team looked balanced.