criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Focused Feedback: Geonosis

1235

Replies

  • Geonosis is fantastic! I think this is the most fun I've had in the game--and I've enjoyed the game since launch. The vast scale, new vehicles, and unique gameplay make it phenomenal. It really feels like an all out war. You guys did a great job and thank you for all the updates via the Community Transmissions.

    That being said, here's my critiques:
    - My biggest critique is when playing as the clones during transition from Phase 2 to Phase 3. Inevitably there's AT-TEs that just got dropped off and there's literally no way to get them to the new boundaries in time. I have died twice in freshly dropped off AT-TEs trying to save them for the next Phase. Likewise, as a droid in one game, I saw two AT-TEs get dropped off and then both were blown up at full health because they didn't clear the boundary in time.

    - There were a few of spots in the map where the AT-TEs had trouble navigating, but overall they handled the terrain nicely.

    - As a Clone, it's very difficult to determine which Spider droids were part of the scenery and which were attacking. I think there needs to be the regular "player/vehicle hit" visuals and players should be awarded points for destroying them

    - Also, it would be really cool if somewhere down the line the Separatists could play as the spider droids.

    - My last request is to keep this map heavy in the new rotation queues. While Kashyyyk and Naboo are fun, they are NOT Geonosis.


    Thanks again for the awesome update and I can't wait for 2019!
  • BradCafe wrote: »
    Just did two rounds of Geonosis.

    ...hard to understand mission objectives. I feel like I'm just running around in a chaotic battle until someone randomly wins and it looks like everyone else is doing the same too.
    It kind of feels like the 10-15 seconds in between objectives on other maps but all of the time. We need detailed verbal cues about what exactly to do instead of just "take that ship down" or "defend that ship". All the maps in BFII make it very easy to know where you need to go and what you need to do. This is the first time where I found myself saying "I have no idea what I'm doing" at my TV.

    This. Much of the time, I can't work out what to do.
    Playing the Clones...
    Phase 1: yeah, that's pretty clear, the same as the archive slicing on Kashyyk or in the Yavin temple.
    Phase 2: Attack the two big pod thingies, when they become vulnerable. How do we make them become vulnerable? I have no idea.
    Phase 3: No idea what I am supposed to be doing at all. So I just equip homing shot and point it at random into the murk, where it fires off at enemies I can't see.

    Playing the Droids...
    Phase 1: Stop the Clones getting to the consoles. Got that.
    Phase 2: Kill everyone.
    Phase 3: Kill everyone.

    Other comments: I definitely like that the STAP droid vehicles can be attacked by both anti vehicle and anti infantry weapons, which is logical. Serves them right because the players with the biggest kill streaks are those having a field day running people over.



  • CypressHorn
    160 posts Member
    edited November 30
    BradCafe wrote: »
    Just did two rounds of Geonosis.

    ...hard to understand mission objectives. I feel like I'm just running around in a chaotic battle until someone randomly wins and it looks like everyone else is doing the same too.
    It kind of feels like the 10-15 seconds in between objectives on other maps but all of the time. We need detailed verbal cues about what exactly to do instead of just "take that ship down" or "defend that ship". All the maps in BFII make it very easy to know where you need to go and what you need to do. This is the first time where I found myself saying "I have no idea what I'm doing" at my TV.

    This. Much of the time, I can't work out what to do.
    Playing the Clones...
    Phase 1: yeah, that's pretty clear, the same as the archive slicing on Kashyyk or in the Yavin temple.
    Phase 2: Attack the two big pod thingies, when they become vulnerable. How do we make them become vulnerable? I have no idea.
    Phase 3: No idea what I am supposed to be doing at all. So I just equip homing shot and point it at random into the murk, where it fires off at enemies I can't see.

    Playing the Droids...
    Phase 1: Stop the Clones getting to the consoles. Got that.
    Phase 2: Kill everyone.
    Phase 3: Kill everyone.

    Other comments: I definitely like that the STAP droid vehicles can be attacked by both anti vehicle and anti infantry weapons, which is logical. Serves them right because the players with the biggest kill streaks are those having a field day running people over.


    Clones objectives. Droids need to kill ATTEs to stop these.
    Phase 2
    Get in ATTE, get close enough to big cylinders (hardcells) for ion shot to work. Siege mode. Use right ability for ion shot to disable cylinders. Fire main weapon in siege until invulnerable. Ion shot. Rinse repeat for both cylinders.
    Phase 3
    Get an ATTE into capture zone. Get fired at by everyone. Hope to live long enough to capture. Clones get 10 ATTEs.
  • My main request /observation is that a version of this map belongs in the upcoming non-linear game mode. It will do well there. I appreciate what the Dice team was trying to do here with the still-linear but much more open map, but I think it confused some people (myself included initially). I wanted that request to be noticed first.

    I got to play Geonosis a handful of times last night, maybe 2 or 3 as separatists, and 2 or 3 as clones. Separatists won every time, so to me the map seems to favor the defenders.

    Pros
    I LOVE that there are more vehicles in this map that you can climb into. I want even more vehicles. Please keep providing maps with vehicles like this.
    Beautiful map
    Love the storm, to me it totally changed the combat dynamic and allowed for some flanking that you otherwise couldn't get away with.
    I liked the difference in objectives, I'm assuming it will take players a few times playing the map before they figure out what they're supposed to do, but we'll figure it out.

    Cons
    Need to reduce damage on AT-TE's or increase their health, those things are such big targets and its just too easy to hide behind a rock and fire off a bunch of missiles and turrets.
    Need more vehicles, especially big ones on the separatist side. Not having the spider Droids playable is a miss IMO.
    I don't spawn in aircraft a ton, but the battle felt like it needed an air element to it.

    Overall I think it's a great addition. I'm really looking forward to the non-linear game mode coming out. Once that happens Battlefront 2 will go from a pretty good game to a great one.
  • Col_Burton wrote: »
    My main request /observation is that a version of this map belongs in the upcoming non-linear game mode. It will do well there. I appreciate what the Dice team was trying to do here with the still-linear but much more open map, but I think it confused some people (myself included initially). I wanted that request to be noticed first.

    Actually, the conquest mode will be on Geonosis. A section of this new GA map will be used with another portion expanded out from it. Possibly it’s currently out of bounds or they may not have finished that yet. This was stated in an Community Transmission a few months ago, after both Geonosis and Conquest has been announced. I can’t remember exactly when and didn’t feel like looking it up.
  • Played 3 times. It was fun. Kind of hard to tell where you need to go. Loved the sandstorm and use of enviromment to effect game play. I'll be playing again soon.
    Noticed good guys never could make it to victory.
  • Separate loadouts for heroes!

    One for ga
    One for hvv.

    Please.
  • The map looks and feels stunning. I know this has been somewhat addressed, but the only suggestion I have at the moment would be to add smaller maps for HVV, Blast, Strike and Extraction.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Horrible, very.
  • Dust storm phase makes the sound distort and crackle SO BAD and the electric sound of the ships is probably 2-3x as loud as everything else.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    doesnt feel like Geonosis at all, No geonosians, Missing their weapon sound effect which is part of the immersion. You dont even have NPC varients of geonosians.
    No Droidekas. No Air support in Galactic assault on Geonosis. (as a Starpilot im really digging being forced to play GEONOSIS WITHOUT ANY FREAKING SHIPS TO FLY, IN GALACTIC FREAKING ASSAULT!) TERRIBLE IDEA!
    Servers are all garbage and bloated atm, Patch broke a lot of optimization for PC.
    And for some reason you thought it would be a great idea to force us to play Geonosis only. a Planet that is lacking in immersion and content. New players will be deterred by these new issues, the game ALREADY has a bad reputation.
    A lot of players will be giving it a chance due to it being on sale and having "Geonosis content".
    They will be dissappointed. The game is worse after the patch, and i dont even mind the buffs and or nerfs, I mind the quality of the service, and the FORCED PLAYLIST CHOICE For Galactic assault.
    You literally screwed over the pilots, bet we could of bombed those Separatist ships taking off or the clone Walkers.
    I cant believe i suggested this game to my friend only a week earlier!
    VERY DISAPPOINTED.

    You will get compliments for a job well done when a Job is WELL DONE.

    It's about time that GA had a map without starfighters. All due respect but you "starpilots" have an entire mode, plus the entire original GA playlist to choose starfighters. It's nice to finally have a mode where I'm only fighting enemies on the ground.

    That said, I wouldn't take issue with an LAAT or two.

    This is their most immersive map because the devs have attempted to prevent the inclusion of units not actually at the battle of Geonosis. No wookies AND no starfighters.

    However, once Conquest is released. Providing that is a ground forces only mode, I think it would be fair to include starfighters on the GA version of Geonosis.

    You mean maps like DS II. How many maps have star fighters throughout the entire match? Tatooine, Takodana and Kashyyyk and I think that's it as most GA battles end in an enclosed area where it is grenade and hero spam. 3 modes with star fighters. SA, SA HvV and only in certain phases of GA. Strike, Blast and Extraction is strictly infantry as it should be. (I would have included EH and JPC but then who'd take it seriously?) :D :D

    DICE could have added star fighters in Geonosis. Maybe the sandstorm could have grounded star fighters during that phase. Star fighter damage has already been nerfed against ground troops and also it's not like there isn't any counters to star fighters. Both teams, if they are good, should already have some players using the heavy class so aim that ION torpedo to the skies and shoot them down.
    If we would have gotten an SA map with the release of Geonosis then it might not be so bad but the SA mode has gotten nothing since D'Qar and absolutely no communication re: the mode which has made some of us who like to fly, and provide combat support for ground troops, a little bit salty. Not the end of the world that there are no star fighters in GA Geonosis but it was disappointing for those who do like to fly on occasion.

    Conquest should include all elements, including star fighters, to create a large scale battle otherwise it's not Conquest, just a bigger GA map without star fighters.

    All in all I'd say the Geonosis map is one of the better GA maps, even though there are no star fighters, because it is an open map and does not end in some choke point grenade hero spam mess that is the format of most of the other GA maps.
  • I’m not a GA fan, in fact I’d go as far as saying I dislike it but Geonosis is great! Maybe it’s the more openness of the map or the lack of choke points but I’m loving it. I even don’t mind all the Hero’s on it!!
    Good job well done. I’m now eagerly awaiting the new mode.
  • STAP and speeders in general should cost more than 150. Having this low price players abuse them and become kamikaze. Make the more expensive so people will play more carefully with them.
  • The new Geonosis map is amazing. Well designed, great objectives and cinematics and I love all the small details in the background. I think it#s one of the best maps in the entire game.

    Though, I agree with some players that the separatists should have access to another playable vehicle (like the spider droid) beside the AAT to counter the AT-TE. If the model of the spider droid is done, why not make it playable?

    Also the phase 1 of the Geonosis map needs to be a map for small modes like Arcade & Blast & HvV in the future. Hope you will add a small map to those modes soon too.
  • Playables: OG-9, Dwarf spider droid, Droideka, Magnaguard, Geonosian warriors, Geonosian starfighter, Geonosian Cannon.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Can you imagine the extra lag if starfighters were added?...GA with Starfighters is soooooooo laggy
  • I'm not impressed. The same problems still remain which is gameplay. Yes the map is stunningly beautiful but the core elements of the game are not being addressed. Moreover, allow us to play as the other vehicles like the Spider Droid rather than it being a standing prop. I mean really, you always refer to the "sandbox" explanation, but you only give us a few toys to play with. Please refer to the original SWBF1/2 where we could play as a spider Droids, CADs, Hailfire Droids. Stop limiting our options and possibilities.
  • Moxx
    58 posts Member
    Wow. Such a broken map. Yay. Didn't test this one either did you? Seriously, do you not bother with industry standards? Do you not have BA's? Testers? Code migration? It is totally unbalanced. Every game ends the same. Yay this broken map will be the only thing people can play for, what? 5 days? Too bad.

    The 5 days ended up being only 1 as far as I could tell
  • Oh my god; I love playing on Geonosis!!! It's an amazing map and the graphics are nice and are better than the graphics on Geonosis in the original Star Wars battlefront 2!!! I hope you guys add Geonosis to other game modes like Heroes vs villains, hero showdown, blast and arcade mode!!! For those game modes it should be in the arena on Geonosis which would be nice!!! But if can't be in the arena then do it on phase 2 or phase 3 of where galactic assault is as a back up plan. But mostly go for the arena for those game modes I suggested!!!
  • I have yet to see geonosis since they had the geo only playlist. never saw it during CW playlist.
  • Since the last patch (geonosis update) the middle ability ,,frenzy/rage,, is buggy. The targeted enemies are not properly attacked and receive no damage. Kylo performs the animation, but remains far behind his goal. Who has this problem too? And DICE please fix this. Because i LOVE your design of Kylo and its very fun for me to play him. But with this bug :/ he isnt the same. The ,,frenzy,, ability is very important for me.
  • xSloky
    16 posts Member
    edited December 4
    Every Game on Geonosis i have 1 single freeze. This goes 2 seconds and then it goes on normally.
  • Please, OG-9 homing spider droid & DSD1 dwarf spider droid PLAYABLEE!!!
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • 2 Heavies with full Ion Loadout. 1 Recharge Officer to keep them going.

    Oh look. Droids won the battle.

    Sure, it's all new and exciting. That doesn't make it good. It's far too heavily droid favoured. There are ways for the clones to steal the match, but that requires insight beyond what the average playerbase has available, I'm afraid.

    Prime picks for Droids: Iden, Boba (Boba needs a recharger) Pulse cannon and rocket barrage the targets for easy win.

    Prime picks for Clones: Yoda, Leia. (Sneak these two to the backline and make sure Yoda keeps her safe while she deals with heavies and other anti-armour units.)
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Correct the bad control and target practice of the STAP and other bikes.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Starmasui73146
    911 posts Member
    edited December 4
    Correct the bad control and target practice of the STAP and other bikes.

    (1.) Yeah the default crosshairs points at the ground for the STAP it is ultra awkward.

    (2.) The BARC also tends to not be able to am high enough and seems less useful then it should be.

    (3.) Obi Wan needs a little more health and his lightsaber normal attacks seem weak compared to Grievous, of course he does have several blades.

    P.S.- Devs when are we getting Destroyer Droids?

    Loving Grievous...
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    2 Heavies with full Ion Loadout. 1 Recharge Officer to keep them going.

    Oh look. Droids won the battle.

    Sure, it's all new and exciting. That doesn't make it good. It's far too heavily droid favoured. There are ways for the clones to steal the match, but that requires insight beyond what the average playerbase has available, I'm afraid.

    Prime picks for Droids: Iden, Boba (Boba needs a recharger) Pulse cannon and rocket barrage the targets for easy win.

    Prime picks for Clones: Yoda, Leia. (Sneak these two to the backline and make sure Yoda keeps her safe while she deals with heavies and other anti-armour units.)

    That’s odd, I’ve played “Galactic Assault” on Geonosis now like I think 10 times and won 5 times as the Clone Army and 5 times as the Droid Army, sooooo.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    2 Heavies with full Ion Loadout. 1 Recharge Officer to keep them going.

    Oh look. Droids won the battle.
    I'm not even sure you need the recharge officer.
  • Geonosis is a refreshing change. More of the other GA maps should have been similar in design with more openness and less choke point funneling in the later phases. Since all other maps are this way, any future GA map designs should not be.

    Great job with this map fellas! Well done. Gratitude for Geonosis, and appreciation for your continuing efforts!
  • Starmasui73146
    911 posts Member
    edited December 4
    xSloky wrote: »
    Since the last patch (geonosis update) the middle ability ,,frenzy/rage,, is buggy. The targeted enemies are not properly attacked and receive no damage. Kylo performs the animation, but remains far behind his goal. Who has this problem too? And DICE please fix this. Because i LOVE your design of Kylo and its very fun for me to play him. But with this bug :/ he isnt the same. The ,,frenzy,, ability is very important for me.

    For me the bugs since launch were:

    (1.) I’d use Obi Wans mind trick against three with their back turned and there’s zero reaction, Focused Push also fails intermittently.
    (2.) Han Solo’s detonite does zero damage and just blinks invisible on activation.
    (3.) Naboo Hangar HvsV top of left stairs, if you use an ability you get trapped there.

    I’ve reported most of these I believe.
    -allow us to play as the other vehicles like the Spider Droid rather than it being a standing prop. I mean really, you always refer to the "sandbox" explanation, but you only give us a few toys to play with. Please refer to the original SWBF1/2 where we could play as a spider Droids, CADs, Hailfire Droids. Stop limiting our options and possibilities.


    This...so this. No offense devs we love all your hard work, but what he said.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I didn't get enough time with it but overall liked it. My general reaction was, "Why have you been keeping this from us?"

    I think the last phase maybe needs some more cover for the defenders on first impressions.

    Assault class seemed a little left out or like just not a choice.

  • Really starting to enjoy this map and the feedback on it... In fact, can we get a Massive Tank Battle (MTB) added. I just made that up 30 seconds ago
    Geonosis is a beautiful place to fire some large cannons and capture some flags? Just a thought
  • Correct the bad control and target practice of the STAP and other bikes.

    I didn't realise the STAP had a weapon. I thought you were just meant to run people over with it because that's all I ever see anyone do.
  • We need the spider droids and laat as playable
  • Let the spider droids be playable and that they have to crack the shell of the AT-TE's before other weapons can hurt the AT-TEs. If all spider droids get destroyed, clones have a second way to win. Put it on both sides to have to protect their most powerful weapons.
  • I loved the Geonosis-only Playlist, personally, because I dislike all the other GA maps (due to insane hero spam and wrong-era heroes). But why was Geonosis-only the sole option? Should have been a Geonosis-only tile on the homepage, and the regular GA rotation on the Multiplayer / Assault / GA selection.

    Though I don't like GA other than Geonosis, I liked the Clone Wars era Playlist, because A.) it's fewer maps to play before getting Geonosis, and B.) it's nice to play as Clones since that's rare in this game.

    Also the special Playlist tiles need to be WAY more clearly marked. The Geonosis-only tile didn't have the words "Geonosis only" on it anywhere.

    Also, what's the talk of a five-map rotation about? Use all the maps. Modes need more maps, not less.

    Give the Spider Droid small enemy markers, and give us reticle alerts for when we're doing damage.
  • I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any BP gain for shooting at the AT-TE's. I figure the Separatists should at least get the "Playing the Objective" bonus for shooting at it.
  • i am unable to get to play geonosis since the weekend. hmm ... it's always something else but no geonosis
  • i am unable to get to play geonosis since the weekend. hmm ... it's always something else but no geonosis

    Same here! Ive played at least 30 rounds of GA and haven't seen Geonosis a single time. Last time I saw it was last Friday. Is it still in the game?
  • Only played it once but first impressions are I like the map, especially phase 3. Match went by fast though. Wanted more time in that large scale battle. Also add it to Arcade! This goes for any map that is added to the game; it should be made available in arcade right away.
  • jtbesquire wrote: »
    i am unable to get to play geonosis since the weekend. hmm ... it's always something else but no geonosis

    Same here! Ive played at least 30 rounds of GA and haven't seen Geonosis a single time. Last time I saw it was last Friday. Is it still in the game?


    I never seem to get it in rotation as well. Once I’ve played it. I can be limited on play time so I can’t wade through a bunch of rounds/maps, BOTH factions each planet, just to play the map once.

    Map selection please. Or at least put it HEAVILY into the map rotation.
  • I have played Geonosis 8 times now, and I'm split. Part of me really wants to like it, it has great looks, better than the actual movie, and as has been mentioned several times, it makes you feel as being part of a large battle.

    That being said, gameplay-wise I find the last two phases totally confusing, anti-climatic and I am not sure whether the AT-TE mechanic really works for the separatists.
    As separatists you are supposed to blow these things up, right? Problem is being Star Wars, walker vehicles are actually super unpractical, they cannot seek cover, are slow and can practically be targeted from anywhere on the map.

    However, I noticed that as a heavy trying all game nothing else but shooting these things with sentry and ion torpedo, you don't actually get a lot of points for shooting them, even if you do damage relatively quickly. I noticed getting 1000 battle points sometimes for the kill shot, but it's spotty at best and you don't really are rewarded for shooting it unless you kill it.

    Finally it's mind-numbingly boring to shoot these things from afar, up close you die to quickly to get the battle points. So yeah, I think the entire mechanic is somewhat broken.

    I think I'll start skipping Geonosis on the separatist side when it comes up....
  • mkite wrote: »
    I have played Geonosis 8 times now, and I'm split. Part of me really wants to like it, it has great looks, better than the actual movie, and as has been mentioned several times, it makes you feel as being part of a large battle.

    That being said, gameplay-wise I find the last two phases totally confusing, anti-climatic and I am not sure whether the AT-TE mechanic really works for the separatists.
    As separatists you are supposed to blow these things up, right? Problem is being Star Wars, walker vehicles are actually super unpractical, they cannot seek cover, are slow and can practically be targeted from anywhere on the map.

    However, I noticed that as a heavy trying all game nothing else but shooting these things with sentry and ion torpedo, you don't actually get a lot of points for shooting them, even if you do damage relatively quickly. I noticed getting 1000 battle points sometimes for the kill shot, but it's spotty at best and you don't really are rewarded for shooting it unless you kill it.

    Finally it's mind-numbingly boring to shoot these things from afar, up close you die to quickly to get the battle points. So yeah, I think the entire mechanic is somewhat broken.

    I think I'll start skipping Geonosis on the separatist side when it comes up....


    There are possible solutions for this problem that there are campers shooting from the distance.

    - LAAT playable in this map.
    - AT-TE with two players: driver and turret gunner at the same time.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Too much dust effects.
    Obscures vision too much and contributes to server lag during the battle.
    Someone Didn't like my signature asking for Inferno squad skins....
  • Starmasui73146
    911 posts Member
    edited December 8
    We need the spider droids and laat as playable

    Agreed and I just noticed that when in Galactic Assault on Kashyyyk we can NOT use the forward dual pulse lasers, why? You can see it here at 2:37 and 6:39

    If you give us LAATs for Geonosis to control can we please have the ability to:

    (1.) pick up passengers- just jump on the craft no need to mount a gun

    (2.) Also hitting “X” and left or right bumper to toggle choosing between the numerous gun mounts -
    (a) driving and forward dual pulse lasers
    (b) left laser beam turret gunner pod
    (c) right laser beam turret gunner pod.

    Thank you.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I'm surprised they didn't just take the AATs off of Geonosis and replace them with the hailfire droids. That seems like it would have been the logical choice since the AATs weren't even on Geonosis in the movie. Same thing with Kashyyyk, except replace them there with the snail tanks. Just an easy way to add 2 more awesome vehicles and improve the accuracy of the battlefields at the same time.
  • SVEJ
    932 posts Member
    Spergicide wrote: »
    I'm surprised they didn't just take the AATs off of Geonosis and replace them with the hailfire droids. That seems like it would have been the logical choice since the AATs weren't even on Geonosis in the movie. Same thing with Kashyyyk, except replace them there with the snail tanks. Just an easy way to add 2 more awesome vehicles and improve the accuracy of the battlefields at the same time.

    DICE would say it's IMPOSSIBLE because the Hailfire droids move too fast and would get stuck on the narrow spaces, snail droids on kashyyyk would be the same issue.
  • SVEJ
    932 posts Member
    Can you guys just fuse, Strike, Blast, Extraction Ewok Hunt and Cargo into One Playlist/gamemode and call it like Fiesta? Then Make Geonosis it's own Playlist?
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    Can you guys just fuse, Strike, Blast, Ewok Hunt and Cargo into One Playlist/gamemode and call it like Fiesta? Then Make Geonosis it's own Playlist?

    Fixed. I don’t want to play that other junk in order to play Extraction.
  • avmav
    491 posts Member
    Make Geonosis every other map for a couple weeks
  • Let us play as the Spider Droids and Hellfire Droids. No reason not to allow it. Stop limiting our choices for vehicles.
Sign In or Register to comment.