criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Obi Wan critical thoughts

I'm on PS4

His basic strikes don't seem to register properly... They definitely don't have appropriate audio synced up with his strikes. Very often his swings and hits produce no sound which is hard to work with and disorienting... I can't really tell if his strikes are actually missing at times or it is just an audio issue.

His Defensive Rush needs to be able to be canceled by and chained into jump and dodge - having R2 be the only way out is clunky. It's also strange because to get out of Grievous's Rush you use R1... I also believe Defensive Rush should block force attacks and lightsaber strikes while being used since it is supposed to be defensive/blocking while in use.

I also think his mind trick should not sound like Rey's - not a big deal but an opinion

I've had a bunch of experiences with his blocking not working at all - full stamina and saber raised with one opponent just hitting me through the block - but this happens with all saber users sometimes

Replies

• Agree on defensive Rush, not fluid at all. Didn't notice the saber synching. I will add his Push has similar Hit box issues the same way luke does, I'll assume its just the terrain of genosis but startling nonetheless. Mind Trick is bad against Force users, they just run or Jump when stunned and you can't capitalize as well as you can with Reys. It wrecks blaster users like Iden However if you corner them.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Agree on defensive Rush, not fluid at all. Didn't notice the saber synching. I will add his Push has similar Hit box issues the same way luke does, I'll assume its just the terrain of genosis but startling nonetheless. Mind Trick is bad against Force users, they just run or Jump when stunned and you can't capitalize as well as you can with Reys. It wrecks blaster users like Iden However if you corner them.

Once he has Cards and can get off Geonosis I see him being second to yoda in GA.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I too have found his block and hit registering to be pretty inconsistent. I played a bunch of HvV today and both were glaring issues.

Maybe its just me, but his Mind Trick takes too long to activate. In HvV I continually was hit mid-animation and the ability never registered or finished. Push is kinda iffy with level changes

Once he has Cards and can get off Geonosis I see him being second to yoda in GA.
    Good point

Don’t think any hero can shine on this map
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    we dont know yet because its geo only for 2 days then clone wars. well know more next week when the maps are open again and not locked away. check back early next week.

Yes I agree that mind trick is pretty much a non-factor with force users (including palpatine) - if it lasted a little longer it might make more difference - also the animation is too long and thus leaves you too vulnerable given the small payoff
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Yeah I don’t understand the mind trick with saber yielders. Also, what’s up with Push? I don’t feel like it works properly. Very minimal damage if at all
  • Yeah I don’t understand the mind trick with saber yielders. Also, what’s up with Push? I don’t feel like it works properly. Very minimal damage if at all

The push is really strange. Like they changed it just to change it. What's the difference between it and Luke's other than giving Darth Vader 5 chances to chop you in half before you charge it all the way up? (Only using Vader as a unit of measurement. 5 Vaders = 5x as dead).
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.