criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

THANK YOU EA!!! General Grievous is much better, but he’s still missing what we’re all asking for!

Battlefront II developers, you did great work fixing General Grievous’ previously broken abilities “thrust surge” and “unrelenting advance.” A change I especially like is that Grievous now points his rear 2 lightsabers downward and outward during “unrelenting advance” giving the player a view of the full blades instead of the sabers pointing forward and hiding the blades from the player’s view like they used to do. This was something I actually requested in a post shortly after first testing G.G, and I’m thrilled to see that you guys actually made the change (I don’t know whether others requested it too or not, but it’s awesome! Thank you!). Grievous is much better now, BUT there is still the need for more 4-armed action, because that is the main thing we battlefront players are asking you guys for concerning G.G. We all want to be able to use all 4 sabers during standard combat with G.G., and this can easily be added as a switch-on-switch-off “extra ability” (I’ve seen many people ask for just that). For example, hold down the buttons for unrelenting advance instead of tapping them and he will pull out his other 2 sabers, however his attacks with all 4 arms deal slightly less damage (and therefore will not be buffed by his “Sith Trained” star card) but have unlimited stamina, or at least much more stamina than his normal (2-armed) attacks, and are faster (this makes his 4-armed mode work in an opposite way from his 2-armed mode, as 2-armed has more damage and less stamina, but 4-armed has less damage and more stamina...a perfect balance if I do say so); or another way to balance this is to make his 4-armed attacks remain unaffected by the “Sith Trained” star card both in damage and stamina, so they work like every other saber-wielding hero’s standard attacks, dealing normal damage and draining stamina at a normal rate (although I really think 4-armed mode should drain less stamina and/or have faster attacks than 2-armed mode). Balance is needed because there should to be some type of reason besides aesthetics to using the 4-armed mode over the star-card-buffed 2-armed mode. Basically, the Grievous I’m proposing has his normal (current) 2-armed mode with slower, stronger, low-stamina attacks and he has a 4-armed mode with weaker, faster, stamina-boosted attacks (or normal-damage attacks unaffected by star cards with more stamina and/or faster speed). Both modes have advantages and disadvantages that make neither one “better” than the other, so players could play based on their preference and strategy. There would be situations where it would be wise to use all 4 sabers and others where it wouldn’t; and if a player simply feels like pulling out all 4 sabers because it’s awesome, then that’s great too. Players can switch between the 2 modes as they wish, and there should be a short animation sequence for taking the extra sabers out and for putting them away which can be performed while moving or standing still. This 4-armed mode easily works with his abilities too, because for “thrust surge” and “unrelenting advance,” he would just already have all his sabers out and would perform the abilities the same way; and for claw rush, he would already have all 4 arms out to crawl around with. It would work great and believe me, everyone would love love LOVE it! I for sure would, so please think about it EA.

The only other thing I find that Grievous really needs is more standard attack animations, because every other saber-wielding hero has a diverse amount of saber moves but G.G. boringly repeats the same 4 slashes (besides his one lunge attack animation) over and over like in the old 2005 Star Wars Battlefront II, so I’d say it is very important for the sake of realism and diversity that you guys give him more animations for players to enjoy, since all the other saber heros have twice as many animations. Thanks again EA and keep up the good work!ubi4kc642d9o.jpeg

Replies

• Or trade this in for his ability to turn his sabers on/off, instead of an "ability" that affects damage output either way. He already does beast levels of damage, so the aesthetic of 4 sabers would just fit with the same logic that him having 2 sabers causes so much damage.

Also, they didn't fix the thrust ability perfectly. It does connect nearly perfectly when the animation does play out, but now there is an odd issue where a lot of the time he won't complete the animation and thus won't do the "stab". He'll just fly over to the enemy, and not do anything to them.
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • TerramineLightvoid—Yeah, that’s a great thought too. I just honestly, like so many other players, want to be able to play as Grievous the way he fights in the movie and show. Everyone wants to use the 4 sabers, and however it comes will be cool with me...I just hope it actually does come. And yes, thrust surge is still buggy, but I’m glad they’re working on it.
  • The only problem I have now with Grievous is his hit box is too large with Claw Rush. I was playing on Obi-wan and the enemy player used Claw Rush. I anticipated the attack, so I strafed to the side well out of the way of Grievous's body. I still got hit by the Claw Rush and knocked off a cliff on Kasshyyk.
  • Andrien wrote: »
    The only problem I have now with Grievous is his hit box is too large with Claw Rush. I was playing on Obi-wan and the enemy player used Claw Rush. I anticipated the attack, so I strafed to the side well out of the way of Grievous's body. I still got hit by the Claw Rush and knocked off a cliff on Kasshyyk.
    Right and when you jump. How the **** does he "trip" you, when you're in the air? Does your shoelace get hooked in his armor or what?
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
  • SteveyJoe wrote: »
    Battlefront II developers, you did great work fixing General Grievous’ previously broken abilities “thrust surge” and “unrelenting advance.” A change I especially like is that Grievous now points his rear 2 lightsabers downward and outward during “unrelenting advance” giving the player a view of the full blades instead of the sabers pointing forward and hiding the blades from the player’s view like they used to do. This was something I actually requested in a post shortly after first testing G.G, and I’m thrilled to see that you guys actually made the change (I don’t know whether others requested it too or not, but it’s awesome! Thank you!).

Grievous is much better now, BUT there is still the need for more 4-armed action, because that is the main thing we battlefront players are asking you guys for concerning G.G. We all want to be able to use all 4 sabers during standard combat with G.G., and this can easily be added as a switch-on-switch-off “extra ability” (I’ve seen many people ask for just that).

For example, hold down the buttons for unrelenting advance instead of tapping them and he will pull out his other 2 sabers, however his attacks with all 4 arms deal slightly less damage (and therefore will not be buffed by his “Sith Trained” star card) but have unlimited stamina, or at least much more stamina than his normal (2-armed) attacks, and are faster (this makes his 4-armed mode work in an opposite way from his 2-armed mode, as 2-armed has more damage and less stamina, but 4-armed has less damage and more stamina...a perfect balance if I do say so); or another way to balance this is to make his 4-armed attacks remain unaffected by the “Sith Trained” star card both in damage and stamina.

So they work like every other saber-wielding hero’s standard attacks, dealing normal damage and draining stamina at a normal rate (although I really think 4-armed mode should drain less stamina and/or have faster attacks than 2-armed mode).
    Balance is needed because there should to be some type of reason besides aesthetics to using the 4-armed mode over the star-card-buffed 2-armed mode.

Basically, the Grievous I’m proposing has his normal (current) 2-armed mode with slower, stronger, low-stamina attacks and he has a 4-armed mode with weaker, faster, stamina-boosted attacks (or normal-damage attacks unaffected by star cards with more stamina and/or faster speed). Both modes have advantages and disadvantages that make neither one “better” than the other, so players could play based on their preference and strategy. There would be situations where it would be wise to use all 4 sabers and others where it wouldn’t; and if a player simply feels like pulling out all 4 sabers because it’s awesome, then that’s great too.

Players can switch between the 2 modes as they wish, and there should be a short animation sequence for taking the extra sabers out and for putting them away which can be performed while moving or standing still. This 4-armed mode easily works with his abilities too, because for “thrust surge” and “unrelenting advance,” he would just already have all his sabers out and would perform the abilities the same way; and for claw rush, he would already have all 4 arms out to crawl around with. It would work great and believe me, everyone would love love LOVE it! I for sure would, so please think about it EA.

The only other thing I find that Grievous really needs is more standard attack animations, because every other saber-wielding hero has a diverse amount of saber moves but G.G. boringly repeats the same 4 slashes (besides his one lunge attack animation) over and over like in the old 2005 Star Wars Battlefront II, so I’d say it is very important for the sake of realism and diversity that you guys give him more animations for players to enjoy, since all the other saber heros have twice as many animations. Thanks again EA and keep up the good work!ubi4kc642d9o.jpeg

Cleaned the wall of text.
  • Yeah, let's buff an already tough hero with MORE abilities...
    No thanks.
    Someone Didn't like my signature asking for Inferno squad skins....