criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Suggested Obi Wan Tweaks

awakespace
901 posts Member
edited November 2018
Fix audio so that strikes register

Defensive Rush: Make him able to block sabers and force powers while active. Right now it is good agains troopers but a pretty weak move against opponent saber users. He should also be able to get out of the move by jumping and dodging like Rey/Han.

Mind trick: This ability is somewhat good against blaster users but not against force users. I think the remedy is to also disable blocking. The animation also needs to be faster and the base effect should last at least 5 seconds. As is, it is almost not worth it due to the very short 4 second duration during which the enemies can easily unload on you.

Replies

• awakespace wrote: »

Defensive Rush: Make him run a bit faster forward like Rey's dash speed OR make him able to block sabers and force powers while active. Right now it is good agains troopers but a pretty weak move against opponent saber users - either of the above fixes would remedy this. He should also be able to get out of the move by jumping and dodging like Rey/Han.

Mind trick: This ability is somewhat good against blaster users but not against force users. I think the remedy is to also disable blocking. The animation also needs to be faster and the base effect should last at least 5 seconds. As is, it is almost not worth it due to the very short 4 second duration during which the enemies can easily unload on you.

Agree with everything you are saying. Also, I would add that his saber reach be increased. It seems like I need to be right on top of someone to hit them.
  • blocking is all ready glitchy and inconsistent we dont need an ability to ruin blocking as well.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Am I the only one that does not like how Obi Wan holds the lightsaber when blocking (Like Kylo Ren).
    This is absolutely not like Obi Wan would do. I would love if the blocking animation looked more like his standing pose in the selection screen, holding the saber with his 2 hands
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    blocking is all ready glitchy and inconsistent we dont need an ability to ruin blocking as well.

Yeah, for Obi Wan being described as having the best lightsaber defence prior to launch, blocking sure seemed ineffectual the few times I played him in HvV. Though I guess blocking is spotty for all the saber heroes.
    "All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of muppets."
  • DarthJ
    6070 posts Member
    NXT_S4L4M4 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that does not like how Obi Wan holds the lightsaber when blocking (Like Kylo Ren).
    This is absolutely not like Obi Wan would do. I would love if the blocking animation looked more like his standing pose in the selection screen, holding the saber with his 2 hands

Whilst I agree, I don't mind it too much. They got the inspiration from Ep II when he blocks Dooku's force lightning like that.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6070 posts Member
    awakespace wrote: »

Defensive Rush: Make him able to block sabers and force powers while active. Right now it is good agains troopers but a pretty weak move against opponent saber users. He should also be able to get out of the move by jumping and dodging like Rey/Han.

Agree on audio.

Agree partially on defensive block. I don't mind it too much as it is great against troopers and blaster heroes (to a point). I would have it blocking sabers but not force powers. Agree he should be able to get out of it easier though.

Mind trick - disagree on it disabling blocking. The nerf calls to change it back would be through the roof if that happened as you effectively leave yourself defenceless against saber heroes gunning for you as well as blaster heroes blasting you from across the map. Agree though that the animation needs to be faster and base effect could do with a slight buff, although I haven't tried his mind trick buff card as of yet.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • awakespace
    901 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    DarthJ wrote: »

Agree on audio.

Agree partially on defensive block. I don't mind it too much as it is great against troopers and blaster heroes (to a point). I would have it blocking sabers but not force powers. Agree he should be able to get out of it easier though.

Mind trick - disagree on it disabling blocking. The nerf calls to change it back would be through the roof if that happened as you effectively leave yourself defenceless against saber heroes gunning for you as well as blaster heroes blasting you from across the map. Agree though that the animation needs to be faster and base effect could do with a slight buff, although I haven't tried his mind trick buff card as of yet.

I guess the thought with disabling blocking is the the saber heroes could still jump and move and it's only for a very short period. Using the ability on a blocking saber hero basically makes it like they've used their abilities but really doesn't have much effect compared to Rey's or all of the stuns, chokes, freezes, etc.

Perhaps it could disable jumping instead of blocking? This would make it much more effective against palp too.

It just seems like it's over so quickly that the there is almost no point against force users.

Perhaps you are right that it would be good enough if it just lasted a bit longer and the animation was faster and left you less exposed.
  • greedo1980
    665 posts Member
    edited November 2018

He has a star card to extend the duration of that.

Tricky to compare new heroes to epic'd existing heroes