criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Change Obi Wans German Voice. (Big importance for us germans)

Prev13456
jordi1337
112 posts Member
edited December 7
Hey dear Battlefront 2 Team. I dont know if u can do anything about the following but it is very important for the German Scene. The Obi Wan Voice Actor in Germany isnt the right one. (Philip Moog is the on from Clone Wars who shouldve been used). There is a lot of backlash on social media platforms from german fans. We want Philip Moog. Im not saying the currently used actor is a bad voice actor... but his voice doesnt fit Obi Wan. The current actor sounds almost childish. You can see on different social media platforms or youtubers that im not the only one disliking the current voice of Obi-Wan. I think you wouldnt understand how much this means to me and the german fanbase. Please contact ea germany so that they can do something about this. We all would be very pleased to be playing with Obi Wan. His voice is very important and iconic. Would love some support from the other people. This is a big problem for us germans please help out! Thank you

Official statement from EA Germany, please read it:
Hello there,

after almost a week, we received an answer from @EA_Germany.

"Hey, we've heard your feedback and forwarded it :). However, we don't have anything to announce for a new voice-over at this time."

source:
The German dubbing studio who's responsible for BF2 is called 'rain Productions' and is almost exclusively responsible for the localization of German EA titles. We should contact the community and tell them about our collective displeasure about the dubbing of Obi-Wan and say that we want a change as a whole community. In addition, this incident must not happen to our heroes who will be released in the future, which reduces the gaming experience for many German fans. The studio also has an official website where you can contact it.

http://www.rain-productions.de/games.html
According to German law, this is a "Schlechtleistung".

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlechtleistung

Those responsible must remedy this poor performance without further remuneration in accordance with §§ 323 para. 1, para. 5 sentence 2 BGB, § 326 para. 1 sentence 2 BGB. So invite the speaker again and correct the translations as well as voice it new.

Best regards,
AdmiralSarlacc

Source: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1266950/#Comment_1266950
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Replies

• Title says everything.

His voice soo different to his well know voice which is used in Rebels, The Clone Wars TV Series and the movies in german.

• isnt it the same guy that did the voice in TV series?
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    isnt it the same guy that did the voice in TV series?

It is. That’d be James Arnold Taylor or something like that
  • WorldShuffle
    242 posts Member
    edited November 29
    stevenomes wrote: »

No .. I asked many of my German friends and they all say that he sounds very bad or different or also a bit childish ..
    Post edited by WorldShuffle on
  • WorldShuffle
    242 posts Member
    edited November 28

Guys please read the title right :joy:

It’s his German voice actor who doesn’t fit to the tv series and movies
  • stevenomes wrote: »

Guys please read the title right :joy:

It’s his German voice actor who doesn’t fit to the tv series and movies

Now I thought you meant the standard voice sounded German! Haha oops!
  • Same for italian, its another voice
  • ooo okay. you mean the voice they use for German translation. Keine ahnung. Wie heisst der Deutsche Schauspieler?
  • Use the frkn one and only correct English language then you wierdos or learn it. Are you kidding you are not right when you want to play with other languages...

What the heck. What if he lives in Germany? He doesn’t have to do thing she likes in a second language. If his choice dude.
  • it's just they guy they used to dub the voice in German. probably found a random to do it.
  • Same things for french voice its another actor not Bruno Choel do the dubbing voice please dice change this voice , also your emote and victory pose and voice line are good.
  • I dont know if im right here, but the Obi Wan Voice Actor isnt the right one in Germany. The one from the movies is really iconic (as well as the Anakin Voice Actor), and the German Community really complained about this issue. For me personally it's really really important to change the voice actor. Just put in their voice actors from Clone Wars. I cannot describe how much it would mean to me... dont let the german community down. (you maybe wont understand it but it's very important for us)
  • Obi-Wan: Phillip Moog
    Anakin Skywalker: Wanja Gerick
    Such iconic voices, please fullfill this dream i dont want to switch to english because i love the voice of luke in the german version (and i would love anakin and obiwans voices)
  • Rey also has the wrong voice actress in german, but i don't really care about her When I first heard Obi Wan talking today i was really dissapionted… Since all the other heroes have the same voice actors as they had in the movies. But unfortunately I think they won't be changing those things after a character is already released.
  • Also the Spanish Voice is not the same. Please fix this @F8RGE
  • cost savings I'm siure.
  • I still don't get it why they had to translate Star Wars movies in some countries...
    Check out my skin idea for Palpatine:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117692/the-forgotten-skin-emperor-palpatine

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞

#LeiaOrgana
    4z1aaxrauk54.gif

• jordi1337 wrote: »
    I dont know if im right here, but the Obi Wan Voice Actor isnt the right one in Germany. The one from the movies is really iconic (as well as the Anakin Voice Actor), and the German Community really complained about this issue. For me personally it's really really important to change the voice actor. Just put in their voice actors from Clone Wars. I cannot describe how much it would mean to me... dont let the german community down. (you maybe wont understand it but it's very important for us)

It's weird because most characters do have their original voice actors. I wouldn't complain if they chose at least a better fitting voice (Rey does have a different voice actress too, but both of them sound a lot a like). The German Obi-Wan in the game does nothing sound like Obi-Wan. Neither does he sound like his regular voice actor "Philipp Moog" nor does he resemble the english voice of Obi-Wan at all. It's just a random voice actor which doesn't fit.
  • stevenomes
    4597 posts Member
    edited November 28
    Wer ist dieser Mensch der Obi Wan geauessert? Die normalle stimme ist weg.
  • Also are most of them not correct in German and I guess that it „destroy“ the characters of obi-wan. Wen need a new voice actor in German.
  • Weird thing is most characters do have their regular german voice actors. Though the Obi-Wan voice actor in the game doesn't sound anything like his regular German voice actor, nor does he resemble the english voice actor. It's just some random voice. Could as well be a regular trooper or officer.
  • I hate to say it, but "Hello There" doesn't sound exactly like in ROTS...
    Check out my skin idea for Palpatine:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117692/the-forgotten-skin-emperor-palpatine

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞

#LeiaOrgana
    4z1aaxrauk54.gif

• Admiral_Xen
    1850 posts Member
    edited November 28
    This is why I always use the English version. The dub in my language is often horrible.
  • I agree. The current voice actor is terrible.
  • Right! Sounds absolutely terrible, didn't even buy emotes :s
  • So they make a blog post and interviews for the english voice actors and how accurate they are, and in all the other languages we get some random ones? I find that very dissapointing. It just don't really feels like playing Obi-Wan, just another random jedi. When we could get almost all the other voice actors from the movie heroes, why not one of the most iconic? He didn't even try to sound a bit like obi...
  • support would be appreciated so we can try do something about it
  • TheScape
    1212 posts Member
    edited November 29
    This is why I always use the English version. The dub in my language is often horrible.

Same here... And since I'm trying to watch the movies (and shows) in their original language it's jarring to change their voices to the ones from my country.

I still think they should try to find VAs that are similar to the ones that were used for the dubs. I don't know who is at fault for these differences, since I doubt that DICE themselves are the ones responsible for localization (I might be wrong).
  • Use the frkn one and only correct English language then you wierdos or learn it. Are you kidding you are not right when you want to play with other languages...

Are you American by any chance
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • The French community supports you. :-D
  • EA_Cian
    1078 posts EA Moderator
    edited November 29
    Alright. I'm hopping in here with a big warning.

The OP is speaking about the German voice actor. This is, and I cannot stress this (continued discussion will result in a lock) not a launchpad for discussing "the correct language" and attributing comments like this to specific nationalities. So let's get back on topic, please.

Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Use the frkn one and only correct English language then you wierdos or learn it. Are you kidding you are not right when you want to play with other languages...

Are you American by any chance

Nope
    Priority list:

1. Fix Split Screen bugs
    2. Fix other bugs
    3. Reduce the overly bright (lightsaber) light reflections
    4. 91st Scout trooper for Assault
    5. Server renting
  • Yeah im with you guys, Only english good with clone wars actor. But thinks about other langage and peoples they want play immersive gameplay like me, i play always in french audio with french voice all are good but only obi wan kenobi make me feels bad its not the voice of bruno choël, i play standard gun, please dice read us ty.
  • DarthJ
    5148 posts Member
    edited November 29
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Alright. I'm hoping in here with a big warning.

The OP is speaking about the German voice actor. This is, and I cannot stress this (continued discussion will result in a lock) not a launchpad for discussing "the correct language" and attributing comments like this to specific nationalities. So let's get back on topic, please.

*hopping

Sorry, had to :joy:

Warning noted!
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • EA_Cian wrote: »

Alright.
    But can you give us any information (or do you have information) why the German voice actor isn’t the well known Philipp Moog from the Clone Wars Series + Movie?

Or @F8RGE ?

Or is it even possible to convert the voicelines from the movies and series to use them in BFII?
  • Liocos29 wrote: »
    Yeah im with you guys, Only english good with clone wars actor. But thinks about other langage and peoples they want play immersive gameplay like me, i play always in french audio with french voice all are good but only obi wan kenobi make me feels bad its not the voice of bruno choël, i play standard gun, please dice read us ty.

thanks for the support! the i also want to stick with the german version because of lukes iconic german voice actor but obi wan (and anakin) also have iconic voice actors
  • 7Z7 wrote: »
    The French community supports you. :-D

I love you brother thank you very much! i heard pretty much every country's obi wan voice actor isnt the right one sadly... lets just hope it will be changed for all
  • EA_Cian
    1078 posts EA Moderator
    DarthJ wrote: »

*hopping

Sorry, had to :joy:

Warning noted!

You caught me. Thankfully i can say with 100% certainty that there are no tpyos this time around... wait a minute! (I've edited the post now, thanks for the catch, haha)

Alright.
    But can you give us any information (or do you have information) why the German voice actor isn’t the well known Philipp Moog from the Clone Wars Series + Movie?

Or @F8RGE ?

Or is it even possible to convert the voicelines from the movies and series to use them in BFII?

Can't give ya any insight there, sorry.
  • But can you give us any information (or do you have information) why the German voice actor isn’t the well known Philipp Moog from the Clone Wars Series + Movie?

Or @F8RGE ?

[...] + audiobooks + audioplays + ...

I was so excited. It is disappointing. really.

SadDougam :-(

• Yeah it really doesnt fit to the character.
  • Obi Wan Original German Voice!!!!
  • Supported!!!!
    For the German ORIGINAL GERMAN OBI WAN VOICE!!!
  • Vccgrom99
    90 posts Member
    edited November 30
    Philip Mogg is THE real Actor and
    Iconic for Obi Wan please EA CHANGE THE VOICE!!!!!
    Post edited by Vccgrom99 on
  • Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    Supported!!!!
    For the German ORIGINAL GERMAN OBI WAN VOICE!!!

thank you very much bro that means a lot to me :D
  • thanks for supporting man lets hope they do someting about it
  • LETS GET THIS GUYS!!!! PHILIP MOOG FOR THE WIN!
  • No problem
  • I still don't get it why they had to translate Star Wars movies in some countries...

Because it is common to translate most of the movies into different languages?