criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

One Change: Galactic Assault

Replies

• I gotta go with the map selector too...
    There's so much more but ONE thing you guys can change with no mess up head to be a map selector. Or vote.
  • Supino
    68 posts Member
    edited December 4
    Saber tracking for GA is ridiculous bad. The worst feeling in GA is missing an obvious hit and get shot in the back while doing it.
    Post edited by Supino on
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Looking to try something new, so here it is. We receive tons of great feedback, thoughts and ideas from our community and this new ‘One Change’ series looks to take that one step further.

The goal here is to get your insight into some key topics of discussion. Usually these will be based around conversations we’re having ourselves within the team, so this is a great way for us to ensure we get even more community input.

As tempting as it might be to list everything you can, please keep your feedback to your most desired change.
    With that said, let’s kick things off.

If you could make one change to Galactic Assault, what would it be?

NO VEHICLES. Or a hill to capture on death star so there can be overtime games on the only map without vehicles.
  • The ability to kill a teammate using a.) The wrong hero. b.) a hero badly and getting away with it constantly. c.) hero they know won't win them the match but "muh litsabr look mom!!"
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Be able to choose the map....

Agreed.... I got to only play Geonosis twice the entire weekend thanks to EoR MM.... That sucked.
  • Option to choose a specific map to play please.

I sometimes only get to play a game or two and would love the flexibility to pick my favorite maps.

DO NOT implement a vote option. My favorite maps always seem to be in the minority of the lemmings here.
  • set a timer for how long you can wait in the spawn menu so people don't camp for heroes
  • Nugmilk wrote: »
    set a timer for how long you can wait in the spawn menu so people don't camp for heroes

Either that, of the ability to spend your points early and book a the hero of your choice, enabling you to switch to them the moment they become available.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Starmasui73146
    911 posts Member
    edited December 4
    If you could make one change to Galactic Assault what would it be?

Hmmmm hah that’s a good question. As a whole I love it it is fun. But for me I look at the future...the long term. The one change for me would be allow us to play Galactic Assault against A.I. Offline. I noticed that in Arcade the huge maps were there...we just were restricted to small parts of it. So all’s we need is vehicles, troops, starfighters, moving on it on those maps. Today lost connection to the EA servers 7 times, not sure if it’s solarflares or what. I have great internet connectivity. Offline mission based fun is a must.

The new Control Point mode coming in February, for On and Offline, should help alleviate some of that need I hope.

P.S.- Please don’t forget for Offline the ability to jump in vehicles of ALL kinds and the ability to ride creatures as well, thank you.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Era specific hero's, and only 1-2 hero's per game
  • Ppong_Man12
    1271 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Take out the bottlenecks and make it closer to Geonosis. Map selection and private matches for goodness sakes. Also give console users a fov slider as the camera is to close.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • More enforcers: Droidekas, Clone commandos or ARC troopers, Clone Flametroopers for Geonosis, Rebel commando, Elite Praetorian guard, etc.

Also adding more game modes: Supremacy was great, cargo and droid run were cool as well. 1 or 2 more big modes and 3 or 4 more 10v10 to 6v6 size.
  • They would have to adjust or remove EORMM in order to implement a map selector I believe. They have shown no interest in doing so. Itll be interesting to see if anything comes out of this feedback.
  • My one change (going on the idea that "more maps" and "more weapons" isn't the sort of change you're asking about) would be no heroes and enforcers.

I chose from the list:

No heroes and enforcers.

More maps.

More weapons.

Era playlists/map selection.

Era locked heroes.

Mixed GA/SA era locked playlists.

If you're not going to ditch the heroes it is probably better with Heroes Unleashed full time.

• More maps across all eras.
  • Map selector.
  • Add galactic conquest similar to 2005 BF2 or Battlefield 2142. Start a guild and be able to build bases and control planets. Go against good players. Build capital ships, land vehicles and be able to control or re-direct them. Pool in how much reinforcements can they put against a controlled planet. Stuff like that will make the game more interesting.
  • JohnIn60Seconds
    40 posts Member
    edited December 5
    The change I would make would be to have an indicator telling players when they have enough battle points for the hero they want and if it is available. This would cut down people waiting in the respawn screen for heroes and improve everyone's game experience.
  • avmav
    491 posts Member
    Please don't do a 'map vote'. There will be maps we'll never get to play again otherwise. This was introduced in Battlefield One, and since it was it's the same few maps over and over, with one map I've literally never played again since it was implemented
  • avmav
    491 posts Member
    Add a timer to auto spawn to stop people hero camping on the main menu
  • Billkwando
    785 posts Member
    edited December 5
    There's a lot of things I could suggest or request, but the thing I've felt GA needed the most was some kind of briefing at the beginning of the match to tell you exactly what you're supposed to do/how to play the objective. Make it skippable, or voiceover, something so it doesn't inconvenience the players who don't need it, but for GA noobs (even GA noobs who've been playing the game for a year, like me) we're out there running around like headless chickens. (That Fall Back thing is the most confusing "feature" of any FPS I've ever played, BTW....just running in a random direction hoping for the best.)

It could even be a separate tutorial in a menu outside of matchmaking....it could even be just text and pictures, but whatever it is, there needs to be one for EACH map or objective type, since they're all played differently.

I know it seems like it should be intuitive to many of you, especially if you play in groups where you can learn from each other, but us randos are all on our own and it can be overwhelming with everything going on. I very rarely played GA before they introduced the squad spawn system. Now it's slightly less rare, because at least I can follow someone who ostensibly knows what they're doing (and even less rare when it's Heroes Unleashed, so more of that please, or just make it permanent).

If that's a definitely no go, then I guess I would ask for the ability to "reserve" heroes/vehicles while waiting for the spawn timer to count down (I also hate the spawn timer lol). Also, I'm trying to get Luke's Push milestone, so I am one of those guys unapologetically camping the spawn screen.

It would also be nice if you could reserve your hero in advance for when they next become available, and then you could respawn as a trooper, and once your hero is available, automatically spawn as them (maybe get a 5 second countdown to cancel if you're in a good trooper fight and decide you don't want to leave the action at that moment).

I don't know if that final idea would have unintended drawbacks, but it would be nice. Maybe a queuing system that tells you you're 4th in line for Luke Skywalker, lol.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Oh and I'd like map voting/selection, because EOR:MM ruins the rotation, but I'm pretty sure that's never gonna happen.

Oh and proper, not random, skill based matchmaking (but that means you'd have to track player stats, at least on the back end).
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • We've been playing the same maps for months so a map selector has come down to auto-quitting certain maps. There is your map selector.

Need new maps created like Geonosis or ported SWBF 15 WA maps like Sullust, Bespin and Scariff.
  • To have the ability to choose what maps i want to play on like in Battlefront 2015. I really do love GA but some of the maps you play on either feel mediocre or the way the game plays out on that map isnt fun. But if i were able to choose and lets say i get the maps i wanted 80% of the time and only 20% of the mpas i didnt like, than id be fine
  • Remove the tickets and replace them with with a timer instead.. 10 minutes per phase would be perfect . I'm sick of having a game and it end on the first phase!, what's the point? It doesn't achive anything apart from wasting a huge map .

Kamino is the WORST for this. That first phase is an absolute joke. The clones just cover every single entrance into the room and with an easy 100 kills the WHOLE game is over... BORING.

Give us walker /ATAT assault.
  • Map voting/selection
  • Remove the tickets and replace them with with a timer instead.. 10 minutes per phase would be perfect . I'm sick of having a game and it end on the first phase!, what's the point? It doesn't achive anything apart from wasting a huge map .

Kamino is the WORST for this. That first phase is an absolute joke. The clones just cover every single entrance into the room and with an easy 100 kills the WHOLE game is over... BORING.

Give us walker /ATAT assault.

I just feel they need to move the clones start point back maybe 10-15 meters.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • New weapons.
    #ShutDICEdown
  • RDC
    34 posts Member
    32 v 32 and 200 tickets with 50+ every accomplished phase
  • Map selector
  • Vehicle or at least big vehicles such as AT AT or MTT be non spawnable meaning we can renter the vehicle on the map without battle points. Let’s be honest the majority of players rather spend there battle points on hero’s then vehicles so with this change more players are more likely to use a vehicle. I know I would.
  • TW33NSW4G wrote: »
    Longer games.

GA is the longest game mode amidst several very quick game modes. I play it for a longer game. Ivr played conquest in Battlefield ever since Battlefield 2 Modern Combat in 2005 because of the consistent 20-40 minute games. (60+ for the max ticket BF3 fans out there)

Having one long game mode that is predictably long allows you to get into the groove and enjoy the rough draft more in my opinion.

No, in my opinion that would be very tiresome I rather conquest or a open sand box mode last a hour because the players chose how the game is play which in my opinion, much more enjoyable.
  • The maps seem to Linear. The spawns are always straight in a line. You get maps like Kameino, with a ton of dead space that never gets used.
  • The Droid hover Tank against Air artillery LAAT needs a rebalance.
  • Make EOR MM optional and ONLY for ppl who pressed the button, leave all the rest in the lobby for next spin (and populate from ppl from different GA matches that also pushed the Matchmake button).

That would let me enjoy the game once again.

To add something more:
    - Option to vote for next map.
    - 32 vs 32 instead of 20 vs 20
  • Make heroes weekend a game mode from Galactic Assault, call it Hero Assault, I don't care, hell put the hero ships in too as unlocks for the dog fighting. That weekend was literally most fun I've had playing this game, every match felt like maps were progressing, always epic duels, and most importantly if you don't make this a game mode for hte love of the gods at least explain why you limit the number of heroes on GA, it just seems like a waste of resources and that you guys like, don't want the game to be too fun or something? I'm honestly at lose with that since launch.
  • If I can only pick one thing I'd say remove the spawn timer.

Actually scratch my previous post, THIS
  • One change:

All BF15 maps ported to BF17.

Rather they be in Arcade. :)
    Looking to try something new, so here it is. We receive tons of great feedback, thoughts and ideas from our community and this new ‘One Change’ series looks to take that one step further.

The goal here is to get your insight into some key topics of discussion. Usually these will be based around conversations we’re having ourselves within the team, so this is a great way for us to ensure we get even more community input.

As tempting as it might be to list everything you can, please keep your feedback to your most desired change.

I would remove the Prequel maps from the rotation. Or let me choose not to play them.

Map Vote.

Bye-bye Jakku!

No, because every map you don't like is some other player's favourite. You might just as well have said "cut three maps from the game". The least popular will never get a turn. What if one of them was your favourite?
  • Voter_Colonel
    519 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Change the "contested" rule so that it is affected by player numbers.
    For example: three attacking players capture an area faster than one or two. But if two defenders come in, rather than stopping dead at "contested", the capture continues but at the rate of as if only one person was capturing. Equal numbers will result in a contested hold. In other words, the capture happens at a rate determined by how much the attackers outnumber the defenders, even when the defenders are present.
  • Map Voting?

Not sure how well it would work with the current matchmaking system. After finishing Offense/Defense, allow the player lobbies to vote for the next map between 2-3 choices.

Will keep players experiencing all of the game's maps, while not feeling like they are being forced to replay the same maps over and over.
  • mkite
    29 posts Member
    edited December 7
    Well I am mostly thinking: More love for trooper classes. Additional weapons and mods...

But if it has to be one change only: give people an incentive to win! Right now there is barely any, you get 100 credits more per win, which hardly matters.
    Post edited by mkite on
  • More maps.
  • dirgerex
    46 posts Member
    edited December 7
    EightMile wrote: »
    1 change: do NOT listen to any player about anything. they ruin the game.

Largely THIS!

Too many people whining about everything. Nothing RUINS immersion. You weren't there. You didn't partake in the battles. It's a game. Play it. Love it. Or, hate it, which in that case go somewhere else.

Edited for language, let's please be mindful of the words we use. - EA_Cian
  • Map vote or era playlists
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Era selecters
  • GA Tatooine:

Swap the X-Wing for an A-Wing
    Swap the X-34 for a T-47.
    Someone Didn't like my signature asking for Inferno squad skins....
  • Map selection