criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Where Would You Put Obi Wan on the List of Most Powerful Heroes?

Prev1
Title. I haven't played with him yet so I want to know what you guys think of Obi Wan.
jexdw69dwod3.png

Replies

• 1. palps
    2. Bossk
    3. Yoda
    4. Vader
    5. Iden
    6. Kenobi
    7. Rey
    8. Han
    9. Maul
    10. Lando
    11. Luke
    12. Grievous
    13. Boba- can be 1 depending on which map i.e kashykk, geonosis.
    14. Kylo
    15. Finn- map dependent
    16. Chewie
    17. Phasma- map dependent

IMO
  • 1. palps
    2. Bossk
    3. Yoda
    4. Vader
    5. Iden
    6. Kenobi
    7. Rey
    8. Han
    9. Maul
    10. Lando
    11. Luke
    12. Grievous
    14. Kylo
    15. Finn- map dependent
    16. Chewie

IMO

So you think Kenobi is pretty good? Also you forgot Leia.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • i think he is definitely up there ;) or at least that's what i think of him
  • KotasMilitia
    349 posts Member
    edited November 29
    I think he's very good, but he definitely plays differently than other sabers so there is a little bit of a learning curve with him. As far as LS heroes, I would still say Chewie and Rey are probably stronger, and I think there could be a good case made for him being the 3rd strongest hero. Just my opinion.

Edit: I was thinking of HVV.
  • 1. palps
    2. Bossk
    3. Yoda
    4. Vader
    5. Iden
    6. Kenobi
    7. Rey
    8. Han
    9. Maul
    10. Lando
    11. Luke
    12. Grievous
    14. Kylo
    15. Finn- map dependent
    16. Chewie

IMO

So you think Kenobi is pretty good? Also you forgot Leia.

Crap I did my b 13 I would put her. Also yes but i think once all the maps come back you'll really see how powerful he is. Imagine a Kenobi yoda combo in the turbo tanks I like that combination more than the Finn one. Obi mind tricking palps & bossk players trying to push into the obj only to be rendered helpless
  • AVGN
    405 posts Member
    Heroes vs Villains:
    1. Lando
    2. Luke
    3. Han
    4. Rey
    5. Kenobi
    6. Leia
    7. Chewbacca
    8. Finn
    9. Yoda

This is not a list of the best characters ranked, just my personal preference.
    What were they thinking?
    ij4u9kqox4ip.gif
  • AVGN wrote: »
    Heroes vs Villains:
    1. Lando
    2. Luke
    3. Han
    4. Rey
    5. Kenobi
    6. Leia
    7. Chewbacca
    8. Finn
    9. Yoda

This is not a list of the best characters ranked, just my personal preference.

The nerf herders will be after Lando next.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • 1. palps
    2. Bossk
    3. Yoda
    4. Vader
    5. Iden
    6. Kenobi
    7. Rey
    8. Han
    9. Maul
    10. Lando
    11. Luke
    12. Grievous
    14. Kylo
    15. Finn- map dependent
    16. Chewie

IMO

Grevous should be higher
  • 1.) General Grevous(as of now)
    2.) Bossk
    3.) Darth Maul
    4.) Palpatine
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Iden
    7. Han
    8. Luke
    9. Obi Wan Kenobi
    10. Lando
    11. Chewbacca
    12. Leia
    13. Rey
    14. Yoda(very good in GA)
    15. Boba
    16. Kylo
    17. Finn
    18. phasma
  • Dash
    11044 posts Member
    edited November 29
    This would be easier if we each answered with a list of best to not so good designated by the Mode.

HVV List:

GA List:

Etc.

I want to read everyone’s input. I like this post and I’m curious to see where each of you puts the heroes.

Best of luck! Let the debate begin! :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    This would be easier if we each answered with a list of best to not so good designated by the Mode.

HVV List:

GA List:

Etc.

I want to read everyone’s input. I like this post and I’m curious to see where each of you puts the heroes.

General grevous and Darth Maul are my too go in any modes and I don’t really use enlighten side hero’s in GA.
  • Dash wrote: »

HVV List:

GA List:

Etc.

I haven't played Obi Wan yet but aside from him:

HvV:

1. Vader
    2. Iden
    3. Grievous
    4. Lando
    5. Palpatine
    6. Han
    7. Chewie
    8. Kylo
    9. Rey
    10. Boba
    11. Bossk
    12. Maul
    13. Luke
    14. Leia
    15. Phasma
    16. Yoda
    17. Finn

GA:

1. Palpatine
    2. Bossk
    3. Yoda
    4. Iden
    5. Rey
    6. Maul
    7. Lando
    8. Leia
    9. Han
    10. Vader
    11. Grievous
    12. Luke
    13. Finn
    14. Kylo
    15. Phasma
    16. Boba
    17. Chewie

Just my two cents.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • awakespace
    565 posts Member
    edited November 29
    I think he's almost goodish, but he's hitchy. Like dodging and then chaining a special doesn't work. everything is a bit delayed and stuttered with him. His blocking is very suspect and fails a lot. Also the no audio issue on his saber strikes is very disorienting.

He's pretty good against blasters, and not very good against sabers. His defensive rush locks you into the animation so it actually makes you very vulnerable to sabers and force powers. His mind trick is also weak unless you are against blaster heroes - saber heroes just block, jump, or spam R2. His push is fine - but I wish everything was a bit snappier with him.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    I think he's almost goodish, but he's hitchy. Like dodging and then chaining a special doesn't work. everything is a bit delayed and stuttered with him. His blocking is very suspect and fails a lot. Also the no audio issue on his saber strikes is very disorienting.

He's pretty good against blasters, and not very good against sabers. His defensive rush locks you into the animation so it actually makes you very vulnerable to sabers and force powers. His mind trick is also weak unless you are against blaster heroes - saber heroes just block, jump, or spam R2. His push is fine - but I wish everything was a bit snappier with him.

couldnt agree more and also seems when you try to block with him it either delays your specials or they just all together fail. like you said hes 'hitchy' to say the least. so now we beta test him and hope they fix him sometime within the next year.
    2.) Bossk
    3.) Darth Maul
    4.) Palpatine
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Iden
    7. Han
    8. Luke
    9. Obi Wan Kenobi
    10. Lando
    11. Chewbacca
    12. Leia
    13. Rey
    15. Boba
    16. Kylo
    17. Finn
    18. phasma

Nooooo
  • bfloo
    12449 posts Member
    HvV to 1/4 - top 1/3.

I haven't used him in GA
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

2.) Bossk
    3.) Darth Maul
    4.) Palpatine
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Iden
    7. Han
    8. Luke
    9. Obi Wan Kenobi
    10. Lando
    11. Chewbacca
    12. Leia
    13. Rey
    15. Boba
    16. Kylo
    17. Finn
    18. phasma

Nooooo

What’s wrong
    2.) Bossk
    3.) Darth Maul
    4.) Palpatine
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Iden
    7. Han
    8. Luke
    9. Obi Wan Kenobi
    10. Lando
    11. Chewbacca
    12. Leia
    13. Rey
    15. Boba
    16. Kylo
    17. Finn
    18. phasma

Nooooo

What’s wrong

Bossk & Palpatine are the kings of ga. I love the general but no. Also yoda
    1. anakin unleashed
    2. palps the senate
    3. boss(k)
    4. eden
    5. chewy the cookie
    6. marie sue
    7. obi want's kenobi
    8. grievous the cough coward cough
    9. maulta
    10. yodat
    11. leia groundwalker
    12. luke skyflyer
    13. landough
    14. kylo rent
    15. han yolo
    16. bob a fett
    17. finnagain
    18. phantasma
  • Anakin isn't out yet... i assume you mean Vader.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • He's pretty up there, can block for days
  • HvV:
    I do not fear him, I've played against him quite a bit and there is nothing about him that makes me afraid of him.

Mind trick: I thought this would be a something that posed a threat to my Queen, it doesn't. For it to be effective he would have to sneak up on me from behind because if he does it from the front well...

It cancels abilities but I always get my stun droid off first and if he did sneak up behind me I can always run forward because like REY he needs to cement his feet into the ground while he does this ability.

Defensive Dash: Yeah this is a meme. He nonchalantly frolicks forward twirling his lightsaber very easy to dodge and shoot him in the back of the head.

Push: Problem with this is that pushing me is not an effective way to fight me, it actually helps me. But there also lies the problem that it is so obvious when he is gonna try to do it, easy to predict and easy to overcome it.

GA:
    With all the stuff above considered I don't see how effective he can be in GA, certainly not better than Finn, REY, Yoda, and Han/Lando team.

Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• Basically worst saber user.
  • more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Loool no
  • KrolJulian1916
    1061 posts Member
    edited November 30
    Basically worst saber user.

Loool no

Vader, Kylo, Maul, Luke, Yoda, Rey are obviously better in GA/Hero modes. He is outclassed by Grievous in Hero modes, but he isn't reliable pick in GA due to lack of mid air abilities (Luke with his push, Rey with an Insight and Yoda with health buff, dash , hitbox and Unleash are undoubtedly better picks in GA). Am I missing something? I didn't even start how (in) consistent his push is..

Loool no

Vader, Kylo, Maul, Luke, Yoda are obviously better in GA/Hero modes. He is outclassed by Grievous in Hero modes, but he isn't reliable pick in GA due to lack of mid air abilities (Luke with his push, Rey with an Insight and Yoda with health buff, dash , hitbox and Unleash are undoubtedly better picks in GA). Am I missing something? I didn't even start how (in) consistent his push is..

Lack of midair push really bummed me out. Also to be fair, all pushes are inconsistent, because the bugs have yet to be removed, 1 year in.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • KrolJulian1916
    1061 posts Member
    edited November 30
    Basically worst saber user.

Loool no

Vader, Kylo, Maul, Luke, Yoda are obviously better in GA/Hero modes. He is outclassed by Grievous in Hero modes, but he isn't reliable pick in GA due to lack of mid air abilities (Luke with his push, Rey with an Insight and Yoda with health buff, dash , hitbox and Unleash are undoubtedly better picks in GA). Am I missing something? I didn't even start how (in) consistent his push is..

Lack of midair push really bummed me out. Also to be fair, all pushes are inconsistent, because the bugs have yet to be removed, 1 year in.

Sure but with Luke and his range you can heal up most of your HP 3/4 of time you try to push the group. With Kenobi? You'll be dead during animation.

Hopefully fixes soon.
  • Obi wan is,nowhere near garbage

Loool no

Sure but with Luke and his range you can heal up most of your HP 3/4 of time you try to push the group. With Kenobi? You'll be dead during animation.

Hopefully fixes soon.

You have to learn how to use it properly. If you master it you can use it effectively.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    HvV:
    I do not fear him, I've played against him quite a bit and there is nothing about him that makes me afraid of him.

Mind trick: I thought this would be a something that posed a threat to my Queen, it doesn't. For it to be effective he would have to sneak up on me from behind because if he does it from the front well...

It cancels abilities but I always get my stun droid off first and if he did sneak up behind me I can always run forward because like REY he needs to cement his feet into the ground while he does this ability.

Defensive Dash: Yeah this is a meme. He nonchalantly frolicks forward twirling his lightsaber very easy to dodge and shoot him in the back of the head.

Push: Problem with this is that pushing me is not an effective way to fight me, it actually helps me. But there also lies the problem that it is so obvious when he is gonna try to do it, easy to predict and easy to overcome it.

GA:
    With all the stuff above considered I don't see how effective he can be in GA, certainly not better than Finn, REY, Yoda, and Han/Lando team.

But are they good players
    HvV:

GA:

I'm not afraid of him regardless of skill, mind trick is only effective if they sneak up on me, which he can't do in GA and in HvV he has yet to sneak up on me and he shouldn't because one should always be aware of their surroundings.

His dash is a meme and his force push doesn't help him in a direct engagement.

Abilities aside he is easy as the other sabers to defeat, with the abilities at my disposal.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png

Loool no

He lacks midair push for a reason. He can aim it, if timed right can knock a Boba outta the air.

Loool no

He lacks midair push for a reason. He can aim it, if timed right can knock a Boba outta the air.

Same with Luke. There is no single instance where Obis push is superior.

Loool no

The fact that he can aim it makes it better. And that it works better over terrain. I've hit people while part of a rock is blocking my way.

Loool no

The fact that he can aim it makes it better. And that it works better over terrain. I've hit people while part of a rock is blocking my way.

Luke can aim his push as well. Yoda can also sometimes ignore an outline and push outside it if you rotate your camera correctly.

With Luke I don't care about rock I will push mid air.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    HvV:

GA:

I'm not afraid of him regardless of skill, mind trick is only effective if they sneak up on me, which he can't do in GA and in HvV he has yet to sneak up on me and he shouldn't because one should always be aware of their surroundings.

Abilities aside he is easy as the other sabers to defeat, with the abilities at my disposal.

Sureeeeeeeeeeeee
    HvV:

GA:

Sureeeeeeeeeeeee

Why would I lie about that?
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png

• Never mind I level Obi Wan some more and he’s pretty enjoyable
    HvV:

GA:

obi is like grievous when he first came out, super good with his base stuff but only one ability works which is super good by the way and he is at least better than luke
  • With full stamina and full health in a 1v1 against Grievous, my Obi Wan got slaughtered trying to block Grievous' melee attack. Maybe a glitch? It appeared I was blocking but still taking punishing damage. He killed me in 3 swings.

I'll reserve any official judgement for when I confirm that this was just a glitch. No ranking today.

I'll rank his commentary at #1 though because the few times I've played as him, he's been cracking me up with his comments.
  • GA, high up there, can hold his own with cards. Will have to play more with him to accurately determine where he sits.

HvV, not that good honestly.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

HvV:

GA:

Sureeeeeeeeeeeee

Not lying I just don't agree so i said sure. His dash ability is actually quite useful it blocks all blaster fire explosive sentry, super charged sentry included idens secondary(surprisingly) that my friend is not a meme also imo iden gets destroyed by saber heros especially yoda & luke. All kenobi has to do is dash behind you & boom dead. If any saber hero loses to a blaster hero when they close the distance they're doing something wrong & probably r2 spamming.
  • With full stamina and full health in a 1v1 against Grievous, my Obi Wan got slaughtered trying to block Grievous' melee attack. Maybe a glitch? It appeared I was blocking but still taking punishing damage. He killed me in 3 swings.

I'll reserve any official judgement for when I confirm that this was just a glitch. No ranking today.

I'll rank his commentary at #1 though because the few times I've played as him, he's been cracking me up with his comments.

This has happened to me as well my block disappears but it's still draining.

Loool no

Obi can aim it and I think it actually can reach farther with his push card as someone who mains luke I can tell you that both have there uses so neither is better then the other imo.

This has happened to me as well my block disappears but it's still draining.

Glad I'm not the only one. After it happened, I just kinda blankly stared at the screen thinking, "there's no way that worked as intended"...
    HvV:

GA:

Sureeeeeeeeeeeee

Your right Obi Wan mind trick is useless. His mind trick should of been like rey mind trick from launch before it was neft

Loool no

The ability works 5/10 times when I use it and yes I aim it straight at then.
    HvV:

GA:

Again Obi Wan is weak and General Grevous is OP. Another unbalanced addition to the game. Please buff the light side for HVV, Obi Wan, yoda, and Luke.