criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Poll: Are You In Favor of Cross Era Heroes in GA?

Prev13
MyLittleGreenFriend
2240 posts Member
edited November 29
https://strawpoll.com/e673szx3

I'm going to start us off with a yes.
jexdw69dwod3.png

Replies

• Yes for GA and HVV but in Conquest, please don’t.
  • I'm talking about strictly GA. I'll edit the title.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Put my vote in.

I get why people want the immersion in NO cross era characters. But I think the bad outweighs the good in regards to balance issues and in some cases outright availability.

So I am a YES for cross era heroes
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    Put my vote in.

I get why people want the immersion in NO cross era characters. But I think the bad outweighs the good in regards to balance issues and in some cases outright availability.

You can vote on the poll that I posted.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I voted no not because of Immersion but because it makes the game boring seeing Palpatine or Rey on every map.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Voting update: Yes to cross era has six votes, no has three. It surprises me how many people vote on the poll but don't post a comment.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Yes because ST maps would be boring and unbalanced with just Kylo/Phasma, and I don't really like playing any of the PT era heroes so likewise there.
  • @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Yes for GA and HVV but in Conquest, please don’t.

I'm not fussed for GA but yeah for Conquest it better only be 2 heroes on each side maximum which would also allow it to be era-specific. This would allow GA and Conquest to be two large modes that'd offer different experiences.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I liked it but once anakin comes get rid of it please except for sequel trilogy caise they dont have anyone
  • I liked it but once anakin comes get rid of it please except for sequel trilogy caise they dont have anyone

So did you vote yes or no?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I didn't really care until I saw obi wan and Luke on geonosis at the same time, so I'll vote no.

So did you vote yes or no?

Yes for the sequel trilogy no for the others
  • When Conquest drops, it should be cross-era/unlimited heroes (but full price). GA should go era-locked with a two hero at-a-time limit.

Conquest for the heroes unleashed/cross era crowd, GA for the era-correct and large-trooper-mode crowd.
  • When Conquest drops, it should be cross-era/unlimited heroes (but full price). GA should go era-locked with a two hero at-a-time limit.

Conquest for the heroes unleashed/cross era crowd, GA for the era-correct and large-trooper-mode crowd.

Nah, this should be the other way around.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I cannot describe how meaningless this poll is... it is not a representative sample firstly, and secondly, the votes are tallied based upon IP address which means you can vote as many times as you wish using proxies and dynamic IP's lol... ya.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I cannot describe how meaningless this poll is... it is not a representative sample firstly, and secondly, the votes are tallied based upon IP address which means you can vote as many times as you wish using proxies and dynamic IP's lol... ya.

I don't know how you would create a poll that was a representative sample, and secondly, many people on this forum are using strawpoll to conduct polls since the forum doesn't allow it, so I don't know why you are singling out this poll either.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
    I cannot describe how meaningless this poll is... it is not a representative sample firstly, and secondly, the votes are tallied based upon IP address which means you can vote as many times as you wish using proxies and dynamic IP's lol... ya.

Probably why the no votes are losing. Ha.

Probably why the no votes are losing. Ha.

It is very close.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Voting update: 13 votes for yes to cross era and 12 for no.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

I disagree. From the sound of it, Conquest is a wide open, free for all type setting, perfect for a hero mash while leaving enough space for troopers to have some fun as well.

Missions in GA are specific to their eras by design. Not only does it make more sense story-wise, but the linear, choke point heavy design of GA leaves little for troopers to do except serve as cannon fodder with 16+ heroes running around.
  • I’m in the, don’t care either way camp.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    For a compromise for now, bring heroes unlimited or whatever it is called, then era lock regular GA with a 2 hero max. To even out the st a bit, give them Bossk as a choice, I think he was still running around somewhere after the OT.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I seemed to have tied it with my “no” vote 🤷‍♂️
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • bfloo wrote: »
    For a compromise for now, bring heroes unlimited or whatever it is called, then era lock regular GA with a 2 hero max. To even out the st a bit, give them Bossk as a choice, I think he was still running around somewhere after the OT.

Well we don't know when he died for sure.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

I disagree. From the sound of it, Conquest is a wide open, free for all type setting, perfect for a hero mash while leaving enough space for troopers to have some fun as well.

Missions in GA are specific to their eras by design. Not only does it make more sense story-wise, but the linear, choke point heavy design of GA leaves little for troopers to do except serve as cannon fodder with 16+ heroes running around.

Infantry should be prioritised over heroes in Conquest, if people want to play with heaps of heroes that's what HvV and Heroes Unleashed is for. Conquest should primarily be focused towards its objective play (which I'm really looking forward to), not "hero mashing" simply because the maps will be wide open.

And since Conquest is gonna be more open and less linear there's no need for more heroes as battles are gonna be spread out and not condensed like in GA, so it ain't gonna be dependent on heroes to push the objective (even though Infantry are more than capable of pushing objectives anyway, even in GA if one knows how to play).
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

I don't know how you would create a poll that was a representative sample, and secondly, many people on this forum are using strawpoll to conduct polls since the forum doesn't allow it, so I don't know why you are singling out this poll either.

You can't... only DICE can, and they have refused to do so. As far as other polls using straw poll, they are all equally invalid as the participants can vote over and over lol... when I get home I could vote 50 times using proxies, so anyone else could do that as well.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

You can't... only DICE can, and they have refused to do so. As far as other polls using straw poll, they are all equally invalid as the participants can vote over and over lol... when I get home I could vote 50 times using proxies, so anyone else could do that as well.

Of course this poll will not be 100% accurate, it isn't like the devs are using this to decide whether or not to lock cross era heroes. Also because I posted this on the forums we can see to some degree if people are using proxies, so if nobody commented in favor of cross era but cross era was destroying the poll, I would assume a few people voted more than once.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Split down the middle right now. Wish I could say the nays have it!

If anything, this. I prefer cross era, but my main point of contention is drastic changes, and you can't change what doesn't exist (from our perspective, at least) yet. I don't want era locked weapons or skins (though a bit of precedence for the latter might help convince me otherwise).
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Voting update: Yes in the lead by one.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • As I say every time this comes up, there should be two versions of GA -- one in the Hero Modes category that is the current cross-era mode (or the Unleashed version), and another in the Assault Modes category that is 1 Hero per side, 2 per side in the final phase, and era-accurate.

Both sides of the debate are happy. Some folks might even enjoy both versions of GA.

But I'm guessing that's not an option on the voting. So if I had to choose just a clean Yes or No, I'd say No wrong-era heroes in GA.
  • It's a no from me and always will be.
    I still dislike playing on a PT map and seeing Kylo Ren coming at me, or worse still, seeing Kylo Ren fighting his dad on literally any map. Cross-era wasn't even meant to be in this game, if it was then their marketing language wouldn't have changed from "heroes authentic to their era" to "heroes from multiple eras" a few months before it released. Best guess is that they realised they wouldn't have enough per era at launch to allow for multiple heroes at a time so they made them cross-era.
    Would prefer they stick to their respective eras and let HvV be the fantasy multi-era hero mode.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • I'm indifferent. Doesn't bother me at all that we have cross era heroes and I wouldn't care if they restricted them to their eras.
  • I’m happy with cross era heroes. It is a game after all.
  • I would like one mode of game play with large numbers that has no cross era heros. Dont care which mode.
  • It was 50 to 50 when I posted my vote. Of course, as has been mentioned, this poll is tied only to IP, which could lead to it being stacked fairly easily. And even if it wasn't tied only to IP, it would need at least 1000 votes to become statistically relevant. But it's an interesting honor-system sort of way to take a look at how people here are feeling on the topic.

Cross era and cross era polling in this game actually have an interesting history...

It comes in three parts:

- EARLY COMMUNITY CONVERSATION -
    After the beta released with Han Solo and Rey running around leading clones and fighting separatist battle droids, there was quite a bit of outcry about how silly and inaccurate this seemed. The conversation ranged from places like Reddit, YouTube, Facebook, and this forum, and there was a strong minority contingent who wanted no cross era in any part of the game. But soon the community settled on one relatively confident response.

Most of the people posting and commenting basically felt that cross era could be fun, and they were confident that cross era would only be in modes like HvV or Hero Hunt. Obviously, they said, DICE isn't going to put cross era heroes in their main battle modes, like Walker Assault or Supremacy. That would be ridiculous.

Apart from occasional clashes with the Zero Cross Era minority (of which I was a part), the only real debates on the topic were things like whether blast should be part of the Anything-Goes category with HvV, or the Accuracy-Only category with Galactic Assault. Mostly, the community was agreed: some cross-era would be fun in fantasy modes, but obviously the main battle modes would have accurate heroes.

- POLLING PART 1 -
    After the beta, a few of the Game Changer folks on YouTube started promoting a poll on the question of cross era heroes. I think they mainly did it to quiet down the Zero Cross Era contingent, by showing us that we were in the minority.

They offered two options on their poll: "I want cross era heroes in Battlefront 2", and "I do not want cross era heroes in Battlefront 2". The poll came out 60% for cross era heroes, and 40% against. The developers and executives took notice, and made comments about how the community preference was clear.

- POLLING PART 2 -
    Seeing how clumsy that first poll was (only giving two options), the community quickly generated a few other polls, all with the same basic idea of giving more options and providing more clarity on what the community wanted. There were two or three polls that became relatively popular, and each of them gave at least these three options: Cross era everywhere, No cross era anywhere, or Cross era heroes but only in hero modes like HvV and Hero Hunt, etc.

In part because there were three polls instead of just one, and also in part because these polls were not being promoted by the YouTube Game Changers, it took awhile for these polls to reach the 1000-vote mark of statistical relevancy. But when they did, the results were clear. 10% wanted cross era in every part of the game that had heroes, another 10% wanted there to be no cross era in the game at all, and the remaining 80% wanted some cross era but only in hero modes. But by this time, the game was almost released and the devs were not paying attention.

When the game released, it still had cross era heroes in every mode that had heroes. Most people here were not happy about this, but the general consensus was that surely they were only doing this until they had added in enough heroes for every era. We resolved to be patient, since the game looked promising. Time passed and nothing changed, the topic came up again here in the forms, over and over. Every time it came up, there were a few more people that just gave up on the game being accurate, at first just because they were having fun with it as it was and didn't feel the need to demand anything better.

But after a while as the Cross Era In Everything minority began to grow (as well as growing more vocal), the remaining people who were asking for accuracy began to get harassed and steamrolled into silence. It soon became obvious that DICE had no intention of changing anything, and so many people gave up entirely and just accepted the game for what it is... And that leads us to now.

What I find interesting is that the shock of seeing Kylo Ren and Darth Vader running around such an otherwise stunning and accurate map as Geonosis seems to have reminded people how annoying cross-era heroes is, outside of the hero modes.

I maintain my position: They need to put the current 8-hero cross-era version of GA into the Hero Modes category for safe keeping, and then make a new Assault version of GA with 1 era-accurate Hero per team at a time, 2 per team in the last phase. And fewer Enforcers, while we're at it.
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I don't want era locked weapons or skins (though a bit of precedence for the latter might help convince me otherwise).
    Precedence? I mean, this is the first Battlefront game ever to have cross-era in anything but HvV. Sounds like precedence is required more to justify cross-era in GA than to argue against it.
  • I vote !
  • Until there are enough heroes for each era to make it balanced I think it’s fine with cross era. The sequel maps would be a bit off as the first order only currently have two villains. If they changed it to era specific they would also need to release old Luke, Han and leia skins and lock that appearance to the era. You can’t have Alden’s Han fighting for the resistance if you went down this path.

Maybe a clone wars weekend event for GA. Have only prequel maps and heroes locked to that era for that weekend.
  • Voted. All for it.
  • No, it’s really immersion breaking. Would need a good balance and new hero’s but I am all in favour of restricting to era.
  • To me, its a game. I want things to be in this game that wouldn't be possible in the movies, shows, etc. Its pretty cool to be on Geonosis as Darth Maul fighting Rey and have Luke sprinting at you ( which happened as I was playing last night ). This would never happen as I said if not for this game.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • That will be a big fat yes for me.
  • A big NO. Cross era heroes is the only big issue of this game bugging me since launch. It's absolutely immersion breaking in GA and not fun at all. I want to replay movie like SW battles like they are portrayed on screen and not some unrealistic scenarios. Seeing Luke fighting Droids on Geonosis and stuff like that is just a no-go for me.

Cross era heroes in GA must finally be removed from the game.

If people want to play cross era heroes they can play the hero only modes or play an arcade match and have fun with hypothetical fantasy scenarios. But GA should completely stick to "in-universe realism" and be as immerseive as possible.
  • hsf_
    1233 posts Member

Of course this poll will not be 100% accurate, it isn't like the devs are using this to decide whether or not to lock cross era heroes. Also because I posted this on the forums we can see to some degree if people are using proxies, so if nobody commented in favor of cross era but cross era was destroying the poll, I would assume a few people voted more than once.

Ignore him, for some reason he has this unadulterated hatred for polls and stats, no idea why, he just spouts the same "it's not representing the full community so I'm going to have a little whinge".

I voted yes because I'd prefer to either have them all or none at all in GA.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    Put my vote in.

You can vote on the poll that I posted.

I did the poll before my post. I can understand why you were thinking I didn’t. Sorry for the confusion.