criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Obi-Wan's abilities suck, but instead he got RED BOOTS ...

KOCMOC
12 posts Member
edited November 30
We expected more from Obi-Wan.. not great job DICE/AE/whatever!!!
I really like this game , i believe it can be better!
Post edited by KOCMOC on

Replies

• Disagree. He's a great addition.
  • He’s decent but the red boots are kinda funny lol
  • KOCMOC
    12 posts Member
    edited December 12
    camerog wrote: »
    Disagree. He's a great addition.

as a character yes but ... force push absolutely useless unless its fully upgrated, mind control very weak, defensive rush doesnt do serious harm ... and those red boots ..
    Post edited by KOCMOC on
  • battlefront fans are asking: why does obi have red boots!?!?!?! will the devs respond!?!?!? find out 3 years later
  • His boots in the movie are kinda red-brown. I don't really know whats the big deal? Depending on the lighting of the maps they may stand out more, but i have to say that i like it.
  • Obi-wan is horrible. He's useless.
    Push works less than half the time.
    Blocking is ineffective half the time.
    He's only strength is the color commentary you get to hear.
    They should have made luke's push like obi-wan is now and Obi-wan like luke's.

I'm no longer looking forward to the other releases.
    Way to nerf a very strong character.
  • Yup force push is crazy bad.
  • I’m so glad I’m not the only one disturbed by his Ruby Slippers.

On a bright map they’re hysterical to see.

pH
  • i think the issue people have with the push, is the failure to charge it up for full effect, (you can also see it coming in animation if on receiving end so can block it) it's totally different to Yoda and Luke where theirs are pretty much instant, i notice on full charge up, the enemy fly off really far and fast,which makes me laugh every time, and has had a few swear words from people in chat as a result.
    The 2 occasions when they don't is either you haven't charged it up e.g. just pressed it and let go, or as i noticed the other day a sabre user is blocking, which also protects another character standing next to them.
    Boot colour (not bothered at all).
    defensive rush, yeah agree wast of space doesn't do much damage, and glitched similar to Grievous one, have to keep mashing the key to try to get it to stop.
    Other than that he is different to the others and will take some getting used to, i do think he is a bit flat at the moment, and could do with a re look for a bit of a polish up on the buff front.
    Rebellions are built on hope.
  • KOCMOC wrote: »
    camerog wrote: »
    Disagree. He's a great addition.

as a character yes but ... force push absolutely useless unless its fully upgrated, mind control very weak, running attack doesnt do serious harm ... and those red boots ..

90% of players don't realise the force push can be charged up, making it massively more effective.
  • TiNie
    144 posts Member
    Obi-wan is horrible. He's useless.

I can confirm all of this.
    His force push is horrible. Try to push a running Character in HvV. If you are a bit higher or below the foe, it's not working as intended. In this case even Yoda's Force Push is much better. And of course I know that you have to charge his push and how it is done!
    His blocking is really bad compared to other Lightsaber heroes.
    His mindtrick is somehow useless. Most of the time, if Obi-Wan uses it, the Villain uses a force ability against him and only this works. Obi-Wan then has to reload his Mindtrick ability without having it used.
    It always happened with Kylo, Freeze and Pull, Maul and Vader, Choke.
    I got the impression, that a lot of time Obi-Wan's lightsaber strikes didn't deal any damage.
    In my opinion Luke and Yoda are far better than him. I don't really care about Rey though.
    Greetings.
  • TiNie wrote: »
    Obi-wan is horrible. He's useless.

His mindtrick is somehow useless. Most of the time, if Obi-Wan uses it, the Villain uses a force ability against him and only this works. Obi-Wan then has to reload his Mindtrick ability without having it used.
    It always happened with Kylo, Freeze and Pull, Maul and Vader, Choke.
    I got the impression, that a lot of time Obi-Wan's lightsaber strikes didn't deal any damage.

This is correct. His powers just seem to be switched off if another player uses one of theirs at the same time.
    However, I don't think it's just Obi Wan whose saber strikes aren't doing any damage some of the time. I experienced the same thing with Rey against Grievous earlier today - she kept smashing at him again and again and again, and he wasn't blocking, and then he killed her and it showed him as being on full health, something that should have been impossible. But it's certainly true of Obi Wan that sometimes he inflicts zero damage with a good solid hit. It may be a bug that's affecting all saber users in certain circumstances.

• My question is why does it have to be a defensive 'rush' ? The saber flury should activate and then be up to the player to move or not, similar to Grievous. What if I'm actually defending, as the name suggests? Trying to protect a target, or holding a choke point against blasters... I don't want to charge towards them. It would make the extra damage on deflection card much more viable. Imo his default blaster deflection should do more damage/be more accurate than others, or at least have a star card to upgrade it vs upgrade damage of deflection during defensive rush.
  • His powers are absolute trash in HvV. Force push maybe works 25% of time, and you could go get a cup of coffee by the time it is ready to be used. Terrible.
  • Force push works half the time, or not at all if you don't charge it.
    Rush does almost no damage yet sends you THROUGH the target so you get back attacked to death.
    Mind trick does not work, even if you hit Kylo with it and he gets the white outline and the sound players he can walk up and freeze you, same with vader and the gun villains.
    Block doesn't work half the time as both sabers and blaster hit him even with full stamina.
    Seriously does anybody test this crap before they release it?
  • Yeah couldn’t agree more about the simply overly red boots of Obi Wan’s it’s rather distractingly odd. I posted a similar threed here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/125503/obi-wan-kenobi-s-boots-are-mega-to-red-please-add-some-more-brown-tint-he-looks-silly-thank-you#latest
    “There is always hope.”
  • Boots are aesthetic and Independent of gameplay, but I agree make them dark brown not the ruby red. I mean, they made leia's Hair worse than before, why not improve Obi-wan. Whatever though.

As for the actual character I agree. The only bright spots on Obi-wan are his Saber tracking, 400 HP regen, and that's about it. I've found out that the rush deals no additional damage after striking an opponent, they become invincible to any further damage. So even if someone Dodges backwards while your rushing their I-frames cancel any further damage to them even if they're backed into a corner. Broken.

Force push has a hit rate almost worse than Grievous's launch thrust surge. Charging up against anyone with a gun is just asking to lose all your health. Completely counterintuitive ability to use in Galactic assault.

Mind Trick is pretty much a non Factor. Saber Users just jump and run away and Gun users including infantry just unload and Aim like nothing. Needs more mobility so Obi-wan can actually capitalize on the ability.

6/10 Hero, Obviously tonned down before release to avoid making him OP. Please stop with this trend. More Heroes Like the Emperor and Bossk Please.

That means 3/3 versatile and effective abilities that get kills or significantly buff the Hero. At least 5 equally useful Star cards that aren't overly situational. No more trash Regen thresholds. Currently 80% o the Heroes are lacking 1,2, or all 3 of these qualities.
  • His force push connects rarely and the less said about his '**** boots' the better
  • I cannot believe that 'K i n k y' is a restricted word 🙄
  • Moxx
    59 posts Member
    edited December 9
    I was just saying last night I havent really had any fun with him yet, which is sad.

He should at least hold his saber up and block (some/all) blaster shots while charging up his push. That would make it feasible.
  • Obi Wan is probably the weakest HERO at this point. Very easy to kill and his abilities are not consistent or useful.
  • KOCMOC
    12 posts Member
    edited December 11
    John_Doe13 wrote: »
    Obi Wan is probably the weakest HERO at this point. Very easy to kill and his abilities are not consistent or useful.

I had couple successful games, force push isnt that bad but it takes time to charge up
  • Starmasui73146
    930 posts Member
    edited December 17
    KOCMOC wrote: »
    John_Doe13 wrote: »
    Obi Wan is probably the weakest HERO at this point. Very easy to kill and his abilities are not consistent or useful.

I had couple successful games, Force Push isnt that bad but it takes time to charge up

The Force Push they need to make the cone point start narrow and go wide like a shotgun blast.

Mind trick half the dang time has little effect even when they are not blocking, Rey’s works way better.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”