criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Luke and force push

Did Luke ever use force push in any movie?

Replies

• He used telekinesis. It's not a stretch.

It's not like he's mastering Mind Trick with no training at all. Or mastering telekinesis an multiple heavy rocks with no training at all. Or mastering the lightsaber with no training at all. Or mastering flying with, admittedly, very little training at all. Or mastering Gunnery with no training at all.

What abilities would you want him to have based solely on what we see in any movie?
  • ArthritisEye
    156 posts Member
    edited December 3
    He used telekinesis. It's not a stretch.

It's not like he's mastering Mind Trick with no training at all. Or mastering telekinesis an multiple heavy rocks with no training at all. Or mastering the lightsaber with no training at all. Or mastering flying with, admittedly, very little training at all. Or mastering Gunnery with no training at all.

What abilities would you want him to have based solely on what we see in any movie?

Force choke like Vader. ROTJ. Would be better than his ground smash.
  • I dunno I'm just grasping at straws, he needs to change though, as does obi wan useless mind trick
  • Heh. Obi-Wan's Mind Trick is useful for killing heroes who can't block, but that's it.
  • Lando's smoke grenade… still the best weapon in the game… "stand back everyone, Im throwing a smoke grenade"

"they'll never know what hit um"
  • I mean, I've always been pseudo baffled at DICE's want to turn him into a hit & run style guerrilla fighter with fast speed. When does he run away from anything once he's a Jedi? When does he run period? Hoofing it out under the AT-AT?

And you're right. He doesn't necessarily Force Shove anyone. He Force Chokes a couple of Gammoreans, yanks a pistol to his hand, reads thoughts and feelings, and lifts heavy objects slowly. Other than those things, he swings a mean saber and can block blasters.

But.....

DICE is tasked with two things. Making a game faithful to the characters and making a game that's fun to play. Making the characters balanced as well. DICE chose to make Luke a skirmisher type in order to give him a little more flavor I suppose.

.... though, as I'm writing this... it might be kind of funny to have him have an ability exactly like Vader's but it just doesn't do damage. Force Lift. Be able to move them faster than Vader's Choke, and just keep them in the air while others killed them. A kind of active stun. I dunno. I've had too much sugar.
  • I mean I want to defend DICE and don't. They had a difficult, some might say impossible task. But some of the design decisions they made... just on the characters alone....

Why does Phasma has a stunning droid?