criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Players Found a Way to Cheat with the AT-TE's

Players are now parking the AT-TE's up on the mountain ridge and firing the ion shot as high as they can and it is hitting the objective clear from the republic spawn. I just seen it while playing on the Republic side and felt bad for the droids because this makes it to where they don't even get a chance to shoot them down.

Replies

• No. if they can't push up its their own failure.
  • spawn as heavy Trooper with ion torpedo an ion blaster weapon respawn, Get Single trooper aerial platform. Rush the AT-TE and jump out behind the Walker and shoot the belly
    RINSE and Repeat
    Maybe this helps in maybe it doesn’t, it helps better than not responding at all
  • willywonka7
    872 posts Member
    edited December 3
    It also helps if you get in AAT and shoot at the side of the vehicle.

The underbelly of the AT-TE is slightly exposed from the sides and if you go all the way to either side of the map with an AAT you can switch to the main cannon and fire at the sides of the AT-TE fairly easily and take it down. Yeah it takes a bit more time because less people are hitting the vehicle, but you can still take it down.
    Post edited by willywonka7 on
  • Insightful posts and replies.

The AT-TEs should be a multi-occupant vehicle and should have directional lasers so it's not as flat-footed and capable of firing on enemies in almost a 360 degree range.

I know you can do this in Battlefield with planes and tanks...why didn't DICE incorporate the coding to do so in SWBF2? Saving the feature for SWBF3?
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    Zorshaitan wrote: »
    Insightful posts and replies.

The AT-TEs should be a multi-occupant vehicle and should have directional lasers so it's not as flat-footed and capable of firing on enemies in almost a 360 degree range.

I know you can do this in Battlefield with planes and tanks...why didn't DICE incorporate the coding to do so in SWBF2? Saving the feature for SWBF3?

We don't have a big enough player count
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Moxx
    57 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

We don't have a big enough player count

They better just cut off dev then if that's the outlook. On to the next one!
  • Guys lets use a little common sense. Even if the droids pushed all the way up and started bombarding the AT-TE's with Ion Torpedoes, AAT barrel shoots, and STAP shots, the AT-TE's would still get the Ion Shot off because they are shooting the objective from their *spawn*. If this is allowed to persist, the droids will never win the second stage ever again.
  • The officer's S5 ion shot has no discernable effect on the AT-TEs.
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    Sejanus_4 wrote: »
    Guys lets use a little common sense. Even if the droids pushed all the way up and started bombarding the AT-TE's with Ion Torpedoes, AAT barrel shoots, and STAP shots, the AT-TE's would still get the Ion Shot off because they are shooting the objective from their *spawn*. If this is allowed to persist, the droids will never win the second stage ever again.

Good point, but do we really ever want the Droids to win on phase 2?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• willywonka7
    872 posts Member
    edited December 4
    Moxx wrote: »

They better just cut off dev then if that's the outlook. On to the next one!

I wish they still had the downvote/dislike button in the threads.

I'm with you bfloo, the servers can't handle more people as they can hardly handle 40 players right now.......but I guess only us Veterans know that since we have been playing since day one.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Sejanus_4 wrote: »
    Guys lets use a little common sense. Even if the droids pushed all the way up and started bombarding the AT-TE's with Ion Torpedoes, AAT barrel shoots, and STAP shots, the AT-TE's would still get the Ion Shot off because they are shooting the objective from their *spawn*. If this is allowed to persist, the droids will never win the second stage ever again.

Good point, but do we really ever want the Droids to win on phase 2?

Yeah only the best and most effective teams should go on to phase 3 or 4 of most maps.
  • then the clones win the second phase and get SWAMPED the third. the at-tes have to be moving in order for them to win the third.