criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Duel mode 1 VS 1 - Why it doesn't exist?

KOCMOC
12 posts Member
edited December 7
I really dont know =D

Probably developers having problems with imagination, this is commonly known problem in the modern world where fast money dominate over ideas.

Rare player come into 2 vs 2 mode but 1 vs 1would be 100% full I am sure

What are your thoughts on this?
I really like this game , i believe it can be better!
Post edited by IronSoldier on

Replies

• Casual nature of the game would most definitely mean this is unlikely. Having an actual way to prove you are better than another is something they want to stay well clear of I imagine
  • I remember something about if you enter Hero Showdown with a 4 person group, it'll split you up and run as a private server. What happened to that?
  • 1v1 would just shine a light on how horribly balanced the hero’s are. The hero combat in general doesn’t lend itself well to 1v1. I mean how many times have u all been locked into a saber v saber fight against an equally skilled opponent. It’s just block > stagger > dodge > ability > block > stagger > dodge over and over until someone from your team or theirs breaks it the hell up.
  • bfloo
    12456 posts Member
    This game isn't balanced around 1v1's.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

this game isnt balanced since any player may leave the game anytime or stay AFK up to 8 rounds so your point doesnt make any sense to me
  • bfloo
    12456 posts Member
    KOCMOC wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

this game isnt balanced since any player may leave the game anytime or stay AFK up to 8 rounds so your point doesnt make any sense to me

Players leaving/ going afk has nothing to do with balance.

Imagine how much fun Boba vs Yoda would be, all Boba needs to do is sit on top of something and Yoda will never touch him while Boba unloads rockets at him.

Any good blaster hero will rip apart any saber user before they even get close.

Most of this player base can't even beat Vader with Luke.

The entire 'balancing' is dependent on team work, and thus far with 1 notable exception (Luke), Dice has refused to balance modes separately.

h846398gb27k.png

Imagine how much fun Boba vs Yoda would be, all Boba needs to do is sit on top of something and Yoda will never touch him while Boba unloads rockets at him.

The entire 'balancing' is dependent on team work, and thus far with 1 notable exception (Luke), Dice has refused to balance modes separately.

If developers were smart they could split up matches for melee / weapon units or insert a triggered rule before the match that would allow players to choose
  • KOCMOC
    12 posts Member
    edited December 3

By the way I dont understand why devs havent fixed it yet. it is obvious that not all heros can fight together on same maps because they come from different ages and parts of the movie.

How it would look like when Anakin will be fighting against Vader? this is total nonsense. it will be nonsense if he will be fighting together with Vader on the same team either
  • bfloo
    12456 posts Member
    Ani vs Vader in GA is really going to bother me.

Out of era heroes already takes me out of the game.

h846398gb27k.png

Ani vs Vader in GA is really going to bother me.

Out of era heroes already takes me out of the game.

Yea I’m not a fan of cross era heros in GA. I tend to stick to era specific heros myself. Wish others would do the same.
  • Sad_History
    4 posts Member
    edited December 5
    It would be a fun mode for some Heroes but others would be completely destroyed. Palpatine vs Chewie/Han/Lando would be very annoying.

I would prefer 1 vs 1 instead of 2 vs 2, but realize that the amount of complaining on reddit would be unbearable.

Hopefully we'll get it in some way, because i don't really like being part of a Team. :(

I would only play as Boba and with chat hidden....
    Post edited by Sad_History on
  • TiNie
    141 posts Member

Of course, it's really hard for Luke to survive against Vader. Luke's force push is buggy, especially with Vader.
    Vader's lightsaber deals much more damage and with the right star cards and rage switched on you have enough health. By the way Vader's force choke is glitching. So Vader choke Luke, then uses lightsaber through, while closing in and before any other strike is done, Luke lost over 200HP. Remember his health regeneration is 200HP, while Vader's was 250HP.

If you are not a really noob player, Luke has no chance against Vader in a 1 vs 1 fight in most of the cases.
  • boo hoo.....

at least console plays have split screen which has duel for offline play. (dammit)

all we got on pc is a broken **** mod that allows partial split screen.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)