criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Grievous' damage

Narrnax
9 posts Member
edited December 3
Now after the patches Grievous is better, but maybe too much. His damage is abnormal. Was playing Obi-Wan and half of my health disappeared just from like two of his skills.
Yoda, same.
The light side heroes keep getting the push ability which does not even work, meanwhile Grievous damages you in every way. After he catches you with the Claw Rush, you are usually 3-4 hits for him. Totally broken.
Reduce his base damage and the card ability, because he is no fun to play against . The only one who can do real damage to him, while being attacked by him, is Chewie.

Replies

• He is easy to kill. Don't face him face to face, just doge and get him from behind or sides.

Remember his stamina will be over in no-time.
  • GGAMA92 wrote: »
    He is easy to kill. Don't face him face to face, just doge and get him from behind or sides.

Remember his stamina will be over in no-time.

Yes, that is a good tip.

Still when he gets into your face, and you cannot do anything, because strikes sometimes makes your character incapable, you are dead then.
    Or if he attacks from behind, same. Half the time you cannot even block him.
    And he is always the first, beause of the insane damage, I don't think that is fair.
  • Grievous is unquestionably OP. Currently the most OP character in the game for HvV.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    3460 posts Member
    edited December 7
    No, Obi-wan is just no match for Greivous, his block is useless against him and all Grievous has to do to win is swing. When Obi-wan doesn't get constantly staggered he can easily out wait Grevious and whack him to death with mind trick and mash RT. Luke and Rey Have no problem, just block his claw rush.
  • The range of Grievous' hits, their overall damage, him not staggering after hitting a block and the hitbox of claw rush should all be slightly nerfex fixed. Grievous would be absolutely fine if claw rush only hit in the area where his body is and they slightly reduced the area and damage of his hits (SLIGHTLY, like 10%) and he should aswell be staggered like anyone else when hitting a blocking lightsaber hero.
  • The real issue is that even though Obiwan blocks enemy's lightsaber attack it knocks them too far back to get a quick attack on them. Also when you try to quick attack them when they stumble it misses a lot still even though you have stamina and you are aiming at them.

Also they need to fix the freaking stun locking that happens when a lightsaber enemy is hitting you and you can't roll away or block anymore. You use to be able to get like 3 maybe 4 hits on the enemy before they could roll away, dodged, or block. It seems like you can't do anything now until they decide to take a break in attacking you or they don't have stamina anymore.

.............EVERY update keeps making the hero vs villians game play WORSE. Dice is really messing up the heros with every update they make. Hero gameplay was getting better a few updates ago and now it's getting drastically worse again.
  • Narrnax
    9 posts Member
    edited December 9
    Topi00100 wrote: »
    The range of Grievous' hits, their overall damage, him not staggering after hitting a block and the hitbox of claw rush should all be slightly nerfex fixed. Grievous would be absolutely fine if claw rush only hit in the area where his body is and they slightly reduced the area and damage of his hits (SLIGHTLY, like 10%) and he should aswell be staggered like anyone else when hitting a blocking lightsaber hero.

Yes, that is another huge problem, that Grievous can just keep smashing against the block, and he doesn't stagger at all, so, if you don't have enough stamina to block him you can be easily killed. If you have half health and he has half health you are probably dead. I saw him many times easily wipe out 2 characters alone, when they didn't have full health (he didn't have either), all because of stun lock, insane damage and insane hitbox.

And another thing. You cannot dodge behind him through him with simple dodge, because all the characters kinda bump into him and get stuck, he is like a massive block. I think there was more than once that even Luke's rush abilty didn't get through him.
    I can do it with any other character, but not him.

I played him many times, all you have to do with him is just swing, and you will be probably the first on the leaderboard.... After being this OP he became pretty boring actually.