criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Megathread] Battlepoint Squad Issue

24567

Replies

  • Jazza_21SD wrote: »
    Pardon my navity but how exactly does that benefit them?

    I'm not sure exactly what they are doing, but maybe mashing buttons or something and I benefited somehow by being in their squad.

    It benefits them because they get heaps of score and XP for their troopers/heroes and get a ton of credits for getting a high score without doing anything.

    This. You can hit 40 in 10 minutes
  • I'm on PS4 and I noticed yesterday one player got over 185,000 points in one match. I thought it was a fluke until I was just in another game and someone got over 1 million points in GA on Kashyyyk? What the hell?
  • Fair enough
    I'm not reporting someone for this, punk move if you ask me. I reserve reports only for legitament Hacking.

  • I doubt a Hot fix will be able to solve this, guess your stuck with it till the 12th.
  • I saw someone with Finn record 7 eliminations and had a score of around 178,000 happy I’m not the only one who notices some hackers! Crazy!
  • Saw a Finn with 6 eliminations and 168k score on PS4. What a noob way to get xp.
  • [Sarcasm] Explaining how to utilize glitches on the forums has been known to be an extremely smart move :) [/sarcasm]
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    [Sarcasm] Explaining how to utilize glitches on the forums has been known to be an extremely smart move :) [/sarcasm]

    It's getting out of hand here on PS4. Seeing this stuff in every GA match.
  • ValinAkuji wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    [Sarcasm] Explaining how to utilize glitches on the forums has been known to be an extremely smart move :) [/sarcasm]

    It's getting out of hand here on PS4. Seeing this stuff in every GA match.

    Oh I know. I've seen it too. But ultimately, it's not the biggest of deals. What matters most remains a big flashing "VICTORY!" when the match ends. The only problem this causes is people potentially picking wrong heroes when pushing.

    ..But I can only sympathize with anyone who wants a fast-track through the hell that is leveling Obi-Wan in his current state.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Pardon my navity but how exactly does that benefit them?

    The Player which had Obi Wan had enough BP to raise his Hero Level from 1 to 40 in that single round
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    [Sarcasm] Explaining how to utilize glitches on the forums has been known to be an extremely smart move :) [/sarcasm]

    Dice shouldn't have so many bugs in their game tbh.
  • SVEJ
    932 posts Member
    There is one that disables your ability to respawn, like honestly you die you cannot play anymore.
  • I don't see how this is the boosted persons fault. If someone else's game bugs and they decide to boost someone else for an entire match it's not up to the person being boosted. Why would you ban the person being boosted and not the person who is boosting them?

    If I was playing and this happened to me, what am I supposed to do about it if someone else just decides to spam spawns on me because I happen to be the first in their squad. I think you guys are putting blame on the wrong person in these situations.
  • I'm not reporting someone for this, punk move if you ask me. I reserve reports only for legitament Hacking.

    abusing a glitch is cheating.
  • It's game breaking, cheaters are abusing the glitch to level up. Why was the other thread deleted?xxt6bfcqu9ps.jpg
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    I'm not reporting someone for this, punk move if you ask me. I reserve reports only for legitament Hacking.

    abusing a glitch is cheating.

    While it is cheating and it is a horrible thing to do, hacking is worse. You are modifying the game to suit your needs. Using glitches is using the game as is. Almost everybody was abusing the explosive glitch. If they didn't abuse it, they most likely at least tried it to see how OP it was. But they never hacked the game and they shouldn't be banned for that. It was DICE's fault. Here you have the same thing (unless it really is hacking).
  • Abusing a glitch is flatout cheating, I will report anyone I see using it. Cheating is cheating, whether you use a hack or glitch it comes down to the same thing.
  • Yea I reported a couple instances of this today. Granted all they were doing was screwing over their teammates but still, using a glitch to do something like that is a muppet move.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4253 posts Member
    edited December 4
    ... it is so prevalent in Strike that I have a list of 5 playerids and I have not even bothered to play that much . Of course in a small mode like Strike when these wasters are doing this you are losing big time
  • Using a Glitch is using the game as is?

    Wow... I’ve heard some tenuous logic here over the past year but that has to take the gold.

    pH
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Using a Glitch is using the game as is?

    Wow... I’ve heard some tenuous logic here over the past year but that has to take the gold.

    pH

    Tenuous logic? I only said it means using the game without modifications. Read what I said. I am not in favor of abusing glitches. I actually hate people that do that. I was comparing hacking to glitches. Thanks for skipping most of my post.
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Abusing a glitch is flatout cheating, I will report anyone I see using it. Cheating is cheating, whether you use a hack or glitch it comes down to the same thing.

    Feel free to do it. It may help patch the glitch, which in the end benefits everyone. It might not get someone banned if it really is a glitch and not a hack, though. Did you report everybody that decided to use the explosive mod when it was glitched? Because according to you they were all cheaters.
  • Why it was deleted? Negative publicity is bad for a company. EA/DICEs main tactic is to shuv their heads into the sand and deny that everything they touch breaks..

    One ore both of these companies will have a new name in a couple years. Remember my words.

    I have lost all trust in these companies, companies that doesn't even understand that mocking your investors is a bad thing. The lack of professionalism is disturbing, to say the least..
  • They don't want more people to find out about the exploit, but it's already made it's way to YouTube.
  • The laughable thing is how long it takes them to update, most games company's fix in hours or a day, these take ages to do anything. They probably make it worse when they do patch it anyways, there will add another ten bugs.
  • Blinker wrote: »
    The laughable thing is how long it takes them to update, most games company's fix in hours or a day, these take ages to do anything. They probably make it worse when they do patch it anyways, there will add another ten bugs.

    Something like that yes.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4253 posts Member
    edited December 4
    Actually the original Strike squad spawn bug was not fixed and the Genosis patch made it 1000 times worse by making the orinal glitch happen more frequently and then allow this exploit in multimodes...way to go, way to go 😠
  • Dash wrote: »
    Would be a good punishment for those that exploit this to have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis/Obi update, and a temp ban that way they gained nothing. I Despise exploiters/cheaters.

    Yeah but remember the person getting the battlepoints isn't the exploiter, I was just given 10,000 battlepoints for no reason and I even told my squadmates to stop.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Good. It's just the biggest exploit in this game so far. Don't roll a hotfix or fix it in the December update. Why would you.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Dash wrote: »
    Would be a good punishment for those that exploit this to have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis/Obi update, and a temp ban that way they gained nothing. I Despise exploiters/cheaters.

    Yeah but remember the person getting the battlepoints isn't the exploiter, I was just given 10,000 battlepoints for no reason and I even told my squadmates to stop.

    I was going to say that. I had the spawn glitch while playing Strike and while I was trying it I gave undeserved points to my squadmates because I was trying to check what was happening. If I had kept doing it they wouldn't deserve any punishment.
  • Dash
    11083 posts Member
    edited December 4
    Dash wrote: »
    Would be a good punishment for those that exploit this to have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis/Obi update, and a temp ban that way they gained nothing. I Despise exploiters/cheaters.

    Yeah but remember the person getting the battlepoints isn't the exploiter, I was just given 10,000 battlepoints for no reason and I even told my squadmates to stop.

    Oh I understand that. 100%. My issue is with the people that coordinate the exploit and take turns dumping it all on a person. I’ve been in about 5 matches now with some of the same dudes who do it. I report each of them every time every game for exploiting and wrote commentary. Each time. I’ll keep doing it too because why not!? Better than just letting it happen without a whisper.

    So like I said, those that are blatantly doing it purposefully, (suddenly millions of credits, suddenly super fast leveling of heroes/classes), yeah, they should have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis and temp banned for a week.

    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif




  • Dash wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Would be a good punishment for those that exploit this to have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis/Obi update, and a temp ban that way they gained nothing. I Despise exploiters/cheaters.

    Yeah but remember the person getting the battlepoints isn't the exploiter, I was just given 10,000 battlepoints for no reason and I even told my squadmates to stop.

    Oh I understand that. 100%. My issue is with the people that coordinate the exploit and take turns dumping it all on a person. I’ve been in about 5 matches now with some of the same dudes who do it. I report each of them every time every game for exploiting and wrote commentary. Each time. I’ll keep doing it too because why not!? Better than just letting it happen without a whisper.

    So like I said, those that are blatantly doing it purposefully, (suddenly millions of credits, suddenly super fast leveling of heroes/classes), yeah, they should have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis and temp banned for a week.

    I agree with that. They should be able to investigate the issue and see who got the points passively and who did it to exploit the system and punish accordingly.
  • Dash
    11083 posts Member
    edited December 4
    TheScape wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Would be a good punishment for those that exploit this to have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis/Obi update, and a temp ban that way they gained nothing. I Despise exploiters/cheaters.

    Yeah but remember the person getting the battlepoints isn't the exploiter, I was just given 10,000 battlepoints for no reason and I even told my squadmates to stop.

    Oh I understand that. 100%. My issue is with the people that coordinate the exploit and take turns dumping it all on a person. I’ve been in about 5 matches now with some of the same dudes who do it. I report each of them every time every game for exploiting and wrote commentary. Each time. I’ll keep doing it too because why not!? Better than just letting it happen without a whisper.

    So like I said, those that are blatantly doing it purposefully, (suddenly millions of credits, suddenly super fast leveling of heroes/classes), yeah, they should have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis and temp banned for a week.

    I agree with that. They should be able to investigate the issue and see who got the points passively and who did it to exploit the system and punish accordingly.

    It wouldn’t even be hard either.

    Let’s say User “Darth Jar Jar” previously before Geonosis had $45k credits.

    Now shy of a week after that that same user has $850k credits.... yeah no brainer. Roll that account back ASAP.

    Same with classes. Low level classes suddenly maxed out as well as heroes/villains!? Nah dude, double XP ain’t that good across all those characters/classes in such a short time frame.

    So yes, they can see/tell who did it. The real question is will they do something about it!? They had better. :rage:

    A lot of us here Earned our way. We Played our way. Exploiters are no better than cheaters. They’re Sub level no skill griefers.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif




  • It seems a quick "fix" would be to turn off XP, BP, score for squad spawning. Glitch would still be there, but it would limit the reward.
  • It seems a quick "fix" would be to turn off XP, BP, score for squad spawning. Glitch would still be there, but it would limit the reward.

    If they could do it server side it wouldn't even need a client download. I know they can play with exp gain (that's why we have double exp events) but I don't know if they can do it for BP.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    It seems a quick "fix" would be to turn off XP, BP, score for squad spawning. Glitch would still be there, but it would limit the reward.

    If they could do it server side it wouldn't even need a client download. I know they can play with exp gain (that's why we have double exp events) but I don't know if they can do it for BP.
    My guess is that there are decent odds they could do it server side. Also, even if they can't, that should not be a hard hot fix.
  • It seems a quick "fix" would be to turn off XP, BP, score for squad spawning. Glitch would still be there, but it would limit the reward.

    You’re definitely on the right track. I’m sure there’s more involved with something like this, but this is a good example of how the devs should be thinking in the short term.
  • It’s a disgrace that this is even allowed to happen, then even worse it’s not fixed straight away that really is inexcusable to me
  • It’s a disgrace that this is even allowed to happen, then even worse it’s not fixed straight away that really is inexcusable to me
  • crazy_liuk
    6 posts Member
    edited December 4
    Fix this asap, the game is starting to be broken due to this glitch, people have heroes 2 seconds after the match starts
    It takes 5 minutes to fix it, it will take you 5 moths probably... lol

    And life ban all the people who used it, it's not something you can do by mistake so they deserve permanent ban
  • Fix this glitch! @IronSoldier can you inform the devs that this is breaking the game and needs a hotfix as soon as possible.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • "Pride and Accomplishment" = Sitting in the back of a map with a hero for an entire match using an exploit to "earn" xp. Noobs are still going to noob, a few purple star cards won't help them as much as they think it will.

    I put in a lot of hours to grind my classes and heroes to max rank. I can't help but feel like those accomplishments are de-valued now. Any time I saw someone with max rank on a hero or class, I knew they put in the time too. Now that there are YouTube tutorials for this exploit, these ranks don't mean a damn thing. Anyone can be max rank regardless of skill or time spent.

    I'll be staying out of GA for a while until this is patched. This is just a game, but it used to be a game I enjoyed playing. My main focus is the big 'Victory' at the end of a match, but when someone gets a hero and hides somewhere instead of helping with an objective, I'm finding myself losing more and more with no way to turn the tide.

    I hope they get this fixed soon.
  • Dash wrote: »
    Would be a good punishment for those that exploit this to have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis/Obi update, and a temp ban that way they gained nothing. I Despise exploiters/cheaters.

    how about Rolled Back to Level 1

    :D
  • Dash wrote: »
    Would be a good punishment for those that exploit this to have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis/Obi update, and a temp ban that way they gained nothing. I Despise exploiters/cheaters.

    how about Rolled Back to Level 1

    :D

    Too risky.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Dash wrote: »
    Would be a good punishment for those that exploit this to have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis/Obi update, and a temp ban that way they gained nothing. I Despise exploiters/cheaters.

    how about Rolled Back to Level 1

    :D

    It would be so unfair for the players who didn't do anything.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • If you don't solve it asap you deserve people to abandon the game definitely. We've been patient enough with microtransactions epic fail, and it took you ages to fix a broken progression system.
    If you are just 1% serious you should fix this in a matter of days
  • ValinAkuji wrote: »
    "Pride and Accomplishment" = Sitting in the back of a map with a hero for an entire match using an exploit to "earn" xp. Noobs are still going to noob, a few purple star cards won't help them as much as they think it will.

    I put in a lot of hours to grind my classes and heroes to max rank. I can't help but feel like those accomplishments are de-valued now. Any time I saw someone with max rank on a hero or class, I knew they put in the time too. Now that there are YouTube tutorials for this exploit, these ranks don't mean a damn thing. Anyone can be max rank regardless of skill or time spent.

    I'll be staying out of GA for a while until this is patched. This is just a game, but it used to be a game I enjoyed playing. My main focus is the big 'Victory' at the end of a match, but when someone gets a hero and hides somewhere instead of helping with an objective, I'm finding myself losing more and more with no way to turn the tide.

    I hope they get this fixed soon.

    being level 40 was never anything special as far as heroes go anyway if I wanted to do so I can get on right now and get a 4vs4 going in HvV and farm Obi to 40 it takes time but its not that hard could get from 1 to 40 in a single day if I wanted to.
  • stevenomes
    4600 posts Member
    edited December 4
    I agree with OP it probably won't be anytime soon. come mid December DICE will be checked out for holidays. unless it happens during small update with obi appearance we wont see it u til at least January. also is this the new rubberbanding spinners thing? in that case though it wasnt really a glitch just DICE not creating a system that values performance over time spent.
This discussion has been closed.