criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Megathread] Battlepoint Squad Issue

12357

Replies

  • Finishhimvox
    113 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Just level up the heroes in GA yeah it takes time but it takes time to learn to use the hero effectively.

    People dont own up and say yeaaah im awful but im okay with that. They try and justify it.

    There is no justification, youre using glitches in multiplayer games in some vainglorious effort to get an advantage over the other team.

    Want an advantage just play as bossk you can sit at the back of everyone and get tonnes of kills all while doing 0 to actually take an objective.

    Edited to remove swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • KresusFIN
    1387 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Just level up the heroes in GA yeah it takes time but it takes time to learn to use the hero effectively.

    People dont own up and say yeaaah im awful but im okay with that. They try and justify it.

    There is no justification, youre using glitches in multiplayer games in some vainglorious effort to get an advantage over the other team.

    Want an advantage just play as bossk you can sit at the back of everyone and get tonnes of kills all while doing 0 to actually take an objective.

    Edited to remove swearing. - EA_Cian

    That would work just fine if the heroes in question were "viable" GA picks. (Okay sure, every hero is viable in a way, but ideal? Prime?) As it stands, they're not. The priority has not changed for LS since launch with the exception that Finn now shares a spot with Yoda and Rey as Prime 1st and 2nd picks.

    The situation with DS is much the same. The Prime picks used to be Bossk and Palpatine. Then Iden got her HoA and personally I've started choosing her over Palps because ranged capability. Given how Bossk basically exists to secure objectives, it's likely he'll never be removed from the #1 spot in every map EXCEPT Geonosis.

    The only map where this META isn't applicable so far appears to be Geonosis, where the clones need to do their utmost to disrupt the backline as hard as they can. Probably the only map too where saber heroes are actually more useful than blasters when thinking about the objective priority. So long as one hero is Leia.

    For DS, this is mostly true. Iden is #1 because of how she turns the AT-TE into piles of rubble, but Bossk serves practically no purpose on this one.

    I realize this post derails the thread a bit, but the point here being: The new heroes aren't ideal GA picks. There is no reason to pick them in GA if your goal is to actually win. I hope to be proved wrong, but I very much doubt Dooku and Anakin will be either.
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • given the lack of kit/hero shortcut kits to level (why isn't this a thing now that the lootboxes are gone? Would serve as a revenue stream for EA/DICE and mitigate the annoying grind for players), and the fact that most heroes aren't actually viable until they get things like their heal cards which can take hours each to access, I actually don't care about people using this bug overmuch.

    But then I'm old school and hate every unlock system ever. This is a shooter right, not some bad RPG? Why don't I have all the competitive options available from the start, again? Skinner boxes don't interest me.
  • Same for those peoplethat come on here asking for help to complete milestones... Or beg EA to make them easier...which they did on some..

    Each to their own.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • I agree that people should earn their position as a level 40 hero. I know I do.
    gctn47nz145u.png

    I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.
  • given the lack of kit/hero shortcut kits to level (why isn't this a thing now that the lootboxes are gone? Would serve as a revenue stream for EA/DICE and mitigate the annoying grind for players), and the fact that most heroes aren't actually viable until they get things like their heal cards which can take hours each to access, I actually don't care about people using this bug overmuch.

    But then I'm old school and hate every unlock system ever. This is a shooter right, not some bad RPG? Why don't I have all the competitive options available from the start, again? Skinner boxes don't interest me.

    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Seriously though, I enjoy leveling my heroes, but the game has been out for a year. If someone wants to take a shortcut to catch up with their friends and 90% of the other players who have everything maxed out, in order to level the playing field, I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Not enough to go punching the wind over it, especially since the majority of those folks, especially if they need a glitch like that, are probably not forum regulars and will never see OP's post.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

    Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • bfloo
    12458 posts Member
    We should all do this to Christmas noobs to help them catch up :)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • westgreateight8
    390 posts Member
    edited December 5
    this glitch is a noobs christmas present and ours is the glitch going away ;)
  • On PS4 the situation is going out of control. I played 3 matches in a row where people had heroes after 20 seconds, ruining the whole game experience for everyone
  • Finishhimvox
    113 posts Member
    edited December 5
    See thats the thing it is genuinely ruining others experiences.

    Thats the issue. Its utterly selfish and quite indicitive of the human race in general right now.

    I want the cheat way to everything and then i dont even want to own up to being a see you next tuesday so ill try to justify my actions by saying that it takes ages to grind to the level of players who joined early...

    As said all the star cards in the world wont help crappy players. Thats not what annoys me. what annoys me is that other people will deffo lose a match cause of two or 3 players being selfish.

    [Edited language]

    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • WhiteMaceWindu69
    454 posts Member
    edited December 5
    I'm not playing till its fixed. Smash comes out Friday so I'll probly be back when either Dooku or
    Anakin comes out.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • KresusFIN wrote: »

    I realize this post derails the thread a bit, but the point here being: The new heroes aren't ideal GA picks. There is no reason to pick them in GA if your goal is to actually win. I hope to be proved wrong, but I very much doubt Dooku and Anakin will be either.

    So I'm guessing you leveled Kylo and Phasma up a bit, maybe chewbaca. Trust me still trash.
  • See thats the thing it is genuinely ruining others experiences.

    Thats the issue. Its utterly selfish and quite indicitive of the human race in general right now.

    I want the cheat way to everything and then i dont even want to own up to being a see you next tuesday so ill try to justify my actions by saying that it takes ages to grind to the level of players who joined early...

    As said all the star cards in the world wont help crappy players. Thats not what annoys me. what annoys me is that other people will deffo lose a match cause of two or 3 players being selfish.

    [Edited language]

    Yeah you got the point: ruining the experience.
    I don't care if someone uses the glitch to earn credits or to level up heroes or classes. What I care about is not being able to play normally because people basically start GA matches with heroes, screwing up the balance of the game.

    What I find even more annoying is that it will take one week to disable the respawn on squad battle points. It proves laziness since it will take nothing to fix it immediately. If something like this would have happened on fortnite, Epic would have fixed in half a day.
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    PC, person had 365K score. GA, German server.
    62sp626mxzpx.jpg

    Looks like its time for another officer nerf!
    giphy.gif

    “Pessimism never won any battle.”
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

    “Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
    -Ronald Reagan
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Seriously though, I enjoy leveling my heroes, but the game has been out for a year. If someone wants to take a shortcut to catch up with their friends and 90% of the other players who have everything maxed out, in order to level the playing field, I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Not enough to go punching the wind over it, especially since the majority of those folks, especially if they need a glitch like that, are probably not forum regulars and will never see OP's post.

    People have to earn their lvl 40 heroes. This glitch is outrageous and it needs a hotfix ASAP.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • CypressHorn
    160 posts Member
    edited December 5
    But then I'm old school and hate every unlock system ever. This is a shooter right, not some bad RPG? Why don't I have all the competitive options available from the start, again? Skinner boxes don't interest me.

    As someone that had been away from gaming for about a decade before playing BF2, the rpg element in this game really surprised me. Let people's skills decide matches. How grinding, something that isn't fun, became acceptable in games, which are suppose to be fun, is beyond me.
  • stevenomes
    4597 posts Member
    edited December 5
    so basically it's become heroes unleashed since you can get a hero now in less than 30 seconds by doing the glitch?
  • So I figured out how this works from a friend of mine who does this (shame on him), and it seems that they person who performs the exploit is not the one who benefits from it. That guy with over 300,000 points should not be banned or punished, because the exploiter is someone in his squad. Proving he knew about it sounds impossible.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • the officers don't need a nerf! it's not like they are the only people who can use the officer you can too!
  • can we suspend the players doing it? it’s super annoying
  • Can I please be paired up with teammates who PTFO?!? Maybe this is another reason matchmaking as well is FUBAR.
  • crazy_liuk wrote: »
    See thats the thing it is genuinely ruining others experiences.

    Thats the issue. Its utterly selfish and quite indicitive of the human race in general right now.

    I want the cheat way to everything and then i dont even want to own up to being a see you next tuesday so ill try to justify my actions by saying that it takes ages to grind to the level of players who joined early...

    As said all the star cards in the world wont help crappy players. Thats not what annoys me. what annoys me is that other people will deffo lose a match cause of two or 3 players being selfish.

    [Edited language]

    Yeah you got the point: ruining the experience.
    I don't care if someone uses the glitch to earn credits or to level up heroes or classes. What I care about is not being able to play normally because people basically start GA matches with heroes, screwing up the balance of the game.

    What I find even more annoying is that it will take one week to disable the respawn on squad battle points. It proves laziness since it will take nothing to fix it immediately. If something like this would have happened on fortnite, Epic would have fixed in half a day.

    They probably have more hamsters powering the engines. Not making excuses for them, it just a fact. Still doesn't excuse fixing something like this timely. Everything else should be put on hold until its fixed.
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    Once again thanks for mega confirming that these official forums are not where EA personelle announce critical info or consider a focus

    I disagree, all of the CT's, Focused Feedback, Patch and Update notes and more are located here. The forums are a priority for us and that will remain the case. This hasn't changed simply because F8RGE had decided to quickly issue out a message on Twitter. He had even instructed me to post the messages over here, because we want this place to remain in the loop :smile:


    Well said.

    Posting pre-prepared texts( created by others?) is the minimum to expect...Interaction is surely what CMs should be doing. Focused feedback - has a single statement been made on any of them and a direct patch correlation shown?
  • So I figured out how this works from a friend of mine who does this (shame on him), and it seems that they person who performs the exploit is not the one who benefits from it. That guy with over 300,000 points should not be banned or punished, because the exploiter is someone in his squad. Proving he knew about it sounds impossible.

    What I have noticed is a coordinated effort. Last night a player had well over 300K points, was a hero, sat at the back of the map, and had zero kills. So that tells me he had a buddy doing the glitch and he was benefiting. If he had no idea it was happening he would have been playing, pushing forward, getting kills, etc. The fact these players are stationary and racking up points is proof they are well aware of what is going on.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    So I figured out how this works from a friend of mine who does this (shame on him), and it seems that they person who performs the exploit is not the one who benefits from it. That guy with over 300,000 points should not be banned or punished, because the exploiter is someone in his squad. Proving he knew about it sounds impossible.

    What I have noticed is a coordinated effort. Last night a player had well over 300K points, was a hero, sat at the back of the map, and had zero kills. So that tells me he had a buddy doing the glitch and he was benefiting. If he had no idea it was happening he would have been playing, pushing forward, getting kills, etc. The fact these players are stationary and racking up points is proof they are well aware of what is going on.

    Plus, if they don't leave as soon as they notice they're gaining a massive amount of BPs they're still knowingly abusing the glitch, even if it's a random actually doing it.
  • But then I'm old school and hate every unlock system ever. This is a shooter right, not some bad RPG? Why don't I have all the competitive options available from the start, again? Skinner boxes don't interest me.

    As someone that had been away from gaming for about a decade before playing BF2, the rpg element in this game really surprised me. Let people's skills decide matches. How grinding, something that isn't fun, became acceptable in games, which are suppose to be fun, is beyond me.

    Its a virtual operant conditioning chamber. Unlocking "stuff" gives people pleasure even if all your "reward" is for is because you performed the task of playing X number of hours to get Y amount of XP (or you bought a box and got stuff randomly, not too dissimilar to how a slot machine works in terms of mental conditioning). That it can be paired with microtransactions to generate huge revenue over games that don't have it is probably no small factor as to why it has been maintained.

    Hard to get away from it now. It's in pretty much every shooter now except legacy ones (e.g. Counterstrike, Halo) or indie games. I think that the original CoD Modern Warfare started it, because everything after has had this annoying unlocks regime (albiet CoD didn't have any financial incentives).

    But I sort of answered my own question. This game was setup to heavily exploit the lootbox model. Though that was removed due to massive amounts of complaints (and possibly the Belgian gov't), the infrastructure fitting the initial concept remains in the form of a grindy unlock experience.
  • 64tfr6d0bop9.jpeg

    Kind of pointless since it’s pretty well documented now, but thought I’d share anyway. This guy and his buddy in second place were camping at the back of Naboo on Xbox. Zero kills for Maul. We lost in second phase cause he tied up a hero and we couldn’t push.
  • it has been getting bonkers lately
    PSN: computerson
  • It is really hard to play in Janina's honor when I have to deal with trying to outscore people who are at 100,000+ score 5 minutes into the match...
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW


  • This is getting stupid..in a GA match..top 14 have scores over 100 k with top 2 over 500 k and between ALL OF THEM COMBINED have 16 kills. RUINING the darn game as half the people are not even playing
  • 64tfr6d0bop9.jpeg

    Kind of pointless since it’s pretty well documented now, but thought I’d share anyway. This guy and his buddy in second place were camping at the back of Naboo on Xbox. Zero kills for Maul. We lost in second phase cause he tied up a hero and we couldn’t push.

    hope you reported them
  • This should have gotten an emergency hotfix...instead it has to wait until the 6th to be "fixed".
  • So I figured out how this works from a friend of mine who does this (shame on him), and it seems that they person who performs the exploit is not the one who benefits from it. That guy with over 300,000 points should not be banned or punished, because the exploiter is someone in his squad. Proving he knew about it sounds impossible.

    But, if they are on a party, and they have done it for a few matches... It isn't farfetched to assume that they are abusing this glitch. It's even more clear if they take turns to do it... Just saying, there are ways to check the data and find some culprits.
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Abusing a glitch is flatout cheating, I will report anyone I see using it. Cheating is cheating, whether you use a hack or glitch it comes down to the same thing.

    Nice try, but your conflating two very separate issues, and trust me pal, I wish I could keep you at spawn instantly head shotted the moment you load in so you'd have a clue as to what I'm talking about. However suffice to say, if its an in-game mechanic that can be abused by anybody, its called an exploit or glitch. Not a bloody cheat.

    Report away though, I don't care, I just wanted to clear that up. And btw if your reporting through console it doesn't actually reach EA I'm pretty sure. You'll have to actually follow one of their links on that one, good luck with anything coming of that.
  • DarthJ
    5161 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Its getting daft now - seeing it almost every game in PS4. Usually 1-2 per team. out of about 8 GA games last night, only one had no exploit score players in, and it was the best game by far.

    These players know full well what they are doing, sitting there with no kills but 300k scores. Annoying thing too is that they take up a hero or reinforcement slot usually, leaving your team disadvantaged, unless the other team has the same issue.

    I hope this temporary fix of removing the spawn bonus works.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • 64tfr6d0bop9.jpeg

    Kind of pointless since it’s pretty well documented now, but thought I’d share anyway. This guy and his buddy in second place were camping at the back of Naboo on Xbox. Zero kills for Maul. We lost in second phase cause he tied up a hero and we couldn’t push.

    You better cover up the names better or you'll be in trouble for naming and shaming.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Abusing a glitch is flatout cheating, I will report anyone I see using it. Cheating is cheating, whether you use a hack or glitch it comes down to the same thing.

    Nice try, but your conflating two very separate issues, and trust me pal, I wish I could keep you at spawn instantly head shotted the moment you load in so you'd have a clue as to what I'm talking about. However suffice to say, if its an in-game mechanic that can be abused by anybody, its called an exploit or glitch. Not a bloody cheat.

    Report away though, I don't care, I just wanted to clear that up. And btw if your reporting through console it doesn't actually reach EA I'm pretty sure. You'll have to actually follow one of their links on that one, good luck with anything coming of that.

    I guess you are one of the exploiters trying to justify your cheating. Abusing an exploit IS cheating. No excuse for doing it and also against T.O.S. of any online game.
  • Takes ages to fix this...please Dice stop doing any updates to this game, between the map restriction, the added problems and other things this shows like amateur, do you have protocols for validating what are you doing? If you have a quality team you'd better hire new one, or create one if you don't have...
  • Yeah, it's even worse. Because my friend also sent me this. Apparently, at least on PC, there is a macro that can be used to make sure nobody can spawn in a game. It's outrageous, and needs to be fixed ASAP. I play on PS4, so I have never seen this before. But this serves no purpose other than to troll other players and make them quit. I suppose it IS possible on consoles too.
    f7amuqdpb7di.jpg
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Its not so much the battle points that angers me but these guys take up a hero which puts the team at a serious disadvantage.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Galactic assault is pretty much unplayable if you want to enjoy getting a hero and not glitching to do so. Things like this is why we need DICE to step it up like other games and not just have the "once a month fix" thing. A week is fine but the lack of hot fixes with the game really drags the game down when there are severe issues like this. We will see if they will fix this within the standard week most games do.
  • So I just had a very annoying session where 3 matches in a row had the same 3 players racking up 6 figure scores. It ended when they either quit or EORMM kicked in. It’s the same story 4 or less kills but over 500,000 points with one of them having 800,000. When this happens once to a random player it’s a glitch, when it happens to the same 3 players in 3 matches then it’s an exploit and they should be penalised. I have screenshots of these players so, c’mon DICE, what are you gonna do about it?
  • Nnagildan
    106 posts Member
    edited December 6
    deleted
  • Its not so much the battle points that angers me but these guys take up a hero which puts the team at a serious disadvantage.

    And they take a hero and hang around the back getting points and contributing absolutely nothing while their ‘team’ battles on.
  • Nnagildan wrote: »
    Its not so much the battle points that angers me but these guys take up a hero which puts the team at a serious disadvantage.

    And they take a hero and hang around the back getting points and contributing absolutely nothing while their ‘team’ battles on.

    Snipers disguised as heroes.
  • Watching these XP glitches got me like

    fuqxxje6g6f9.gif

    xrcvqaj8vto2.gif
  • This has totally ruined the game and made it not any fun at the moment. People are using this glitch to get heroes and then sitting in the spawn the entire match meaning they don't die and you can't play as a hero.

    I don't understand why they didn't turn off the spawn points the moment this was spotted and I won't be playing again until it is fixed
  • I think people who exploit this, especially because this glitch is very intentional to do, I think people who do this should be suspended or banned. It's ruining the game and it's a straight up choice. Ban these players asap.
This discussion has been closed.