criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

PSA: You can get a hero first with any class

Prev1
Thechosen1_anakin
1894 posts Member
edited December 5
Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be
Post edited by Thechosen1_anakin on

Replies

  • OcDoc
    470 posts Member
    A much needed PSA.

    Thank you
  • Phyrebrat
    445 posts Member
    edited December 5
    One thing I’ve learnt from these fora is players will and do play exactly how they want.

    So your PSA will not have much effect I’m afraid. It’s a shame but there it is.

    pH
  • Jazza_21SD wrote: »
    Yeah this is so true - and I really wish people would stop saying "You're only using the officer to get heroes you're so scum" when;
    A) I enjoy using the class so I can use whatever I like?
    B) Me getting a hero is actually good for the team because I've learnt how to properly play the objectives and help my team win?

    I'm with you here. I love playing as officer as I quite like being a support, being able to buff my health, and I love the S-5; a good proper blaster pistol that isn't an automatic or burst job.
    But I did get a WEE bit suspicious the first time I played as clones on Geonosis and out of the 20 chaps there, there was a good... 13 officers? I think it particularly stood out because it was supposed to be a deployment to a huge battle on a foreign world and you had 13/20 guys not wearing any armour. Kinda got the feeling that they just really wanted to FOR THE HONOUR OF OUR BROTHERS play as Obi-Wan.
  • Is this why all the top players were running officer??? Haven't played much GA since the update but I could get top with Assault & Heavy but it was just easier to do it with officer. Also all the "good" players were running officer so I had to run it as well
  • tandoori_oven
    1908 posts Member
    edited December 5
    QFT...
  • PSA: heroes ain't everything.

    Apparently they are seeing as how most people want HERO unleashed to be permanent
  • PSA: heroes ain't everything.

    Apparently they are seeing as how most people want HERO unleashed to be permanent

    They're people who aren't good enough to get kills as heroes in HvV and ain't good enough to get heroes in normal GA. The event is hideous.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • just play the class you have the most fun with. thats why im glad i have all 4 maxed now so i just pick whichever one i want. usually assualt or officer.
  • PSA: heroes ain't everything.

    Apparently they are seeing as how most people want HERO unleashed to be permanent

    They're people who aren't good enough to get kills as heroes in HvV and ain't good enough to get heroes in normal GA. The event is hideous.

    Actually its a pretty fun chaotic game mode.

    I played the last event to try it out, it was fun only because it was a limited time event, got stale pretty quickly.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • PSA: heroes ain't everything.

    Apparently they are seeing as how most people want HERO unleashed to be permanent

    I'm not a fan of playing as a heros and quite often I'm one of the first who can afford them but never use them. But I like heros unleashed better than regular GA. I find there is more of an objective push and people aren't camping as much waiting for heros cause they know they'll have a chance to play as one.
  • PSA: heroes ain't everything.

    Apparently they are seeing as how most people want HERO unleashed to be permanent

    They're people who aren't good enough to get kills as heroes in HvV and ain't good enough to get heroes in normal GA. The event is hideous.

    Nah dude. There are many others who love the game mode. I average 1-4 in GA and almost always get heroes, and I fricken love heroes unleashed
  • Take it a step further! Play a certain class according to certain maps and phases ON that certain map!

    The clone aerial, I've recently come to learn, is practically a hero in his own right...
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    It depends on the map. The Officer is clearly not the best class for all maps and all situations, like much peoples here try to make it sound like.

    At Crait and Hoth i'm 100% sure to beat Officers with Specialist nearly always to get the Hero first.
    I think Geonosis also looks like a good map for doing that for me, i don't played that map enough yet.


    Not my best game, but Ion Sniping on the First Order Side is nearly a 100% guarantee to get the Hero first for me at Crait.
    (I also could have picked the Hero much earlier here, but had to much fun sniping)

    Overall there is also maps where the Heavy clearly dominates battle point gain and not the Officer.
    No Officer can outshine the Heavy at this maps on phase 1:

    Crait - Resistance - Phase 1
    Hoth - Rebels - Phase 1
    Nabo - Republic - Phase 1
    Kashyyyk - Republic - Phase 1

    For all other Maps it depends on skill and personal player preferences.
    On small Maps where a lot of peoples fight near to each other the Officer is of course verry good at battle point gain.
    But that's not on all Maps and all situations always the case.

    At the end i'm sure that people will complain as long until the Officer becomes completely useless.
    But be aware, after that an other class become the players favourite number one.. and the story will begin again

  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    I get heroes first 2 minutes using specialist in quite often. Just rarely record as it's not really a big deal since 150hp.



    first 30 secs or so got cut off as is common for PS4 (15 mins record max) but I had 4500 BP for a Palp/Bossk/Maul by the time of the first assist which was roughly 80 seconds in (wanted to get 6000BP for Iden so kept going).
  • Oidmetala wrote: »
    At the end i'm sure that people will complain as long until the Officer becomes completely useless.

    People will complain about officer until it takes skill to rack up enough BPs to get a hero with them. Sure, great players can get a hero first without an officer. Sure, heavy has advantage on some maps. That said, it does not take skill to get a hero with an officer on rounds that don't have a walker in the first phase (or people using speeders on Crait). You may have to wait in the spawn screen a bit to get one, but less skilled players can get heroes with officer class without doing much to earn it.

  • farming LAAT's/speeders or walker/MTT's objectives doesn't really take much "skill" either, though.

    Officer's only unique in that a relatively low effort path to high BP gain is available on every map rather than just some.

    Besides, spamming Battle command won't be enough to beat another player who is going on a killstreak with any other class, you'll have to work in a good number of kills yourself, too. You can't simply rely on assists to get you to hero first if there are other good players on your team.

    There are more heroes than the first hero. Also, BPs matter for more than just heroes. Officer BP gain doesn't affect elite players much. Helping your team towards the objectives with skill should award the most BPs regardless of whether you are the best player on the team or about 4th best. Currently this is not the case except for elite players.
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    I get heroes first 2 minutes using specialist in quite often. Just rarely record as it's not really a big deal since 150hp.



    first 30 secs or so got cut off as is common for PS4 (15 mins record max) but I had 4500 BP for a Palp/Bossk/Maul by the time of the first assist which was roughly 80 seconds in (wanted to get 6000BP for Iden so kept going).

    Change it to 30 minutes. Go to broadcast in the settings option
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    I disagree, the burst mode says hello.
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    This is what people need to understand.
  • EA_Cian
    1096 posts EA Moderator
    I've removed some posts. Folks let's please watch the tone and keep it civil and respectful - we're not here to get into the specifics of reading between the lines, logical fallacies, etc.
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Depending on the map. Maps that start with open first phases are not that great for Officer, because people spread around the map and it's hard to get assists. I'm thinking Hoth or Kashyyyk, where consequently, you have walker assault first phases that can net you a lot of points if you play the objective (and Specialist is better suited for it).
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    I disagree, the burst mode says hello.
    This guy gets it
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    I disagree, the burst mode says hello.

    Maybe on a map like Crait but on the vast majority of maps officer is the best class by far.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12494 posts Member
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    What is so hard about killing an officer?

    Aim, pull trigger, repeat til dead...
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • CommanderSoul
    6 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    I really wish they'd stop nerfing things in the game as an attempt to fix balancing when they're bascially just throwing stuff on the wall to see what sticks. I despise officers, like in game, good class for ganking people and in my experience seems to be more skiller player base with officers, but in the same breath I never thought they needed to be nerfed, I mean they shouldn't be combat experts, they're a support class after all but it is a shooter and every class should at least be able to hold their own. They nerfed Emperor too and I felt that was stupid as well cos now for average player he's useless.

    My point being, yeah you're 100%, stop nerfing all classes, like stop this balancing act that isn't working just to appeal to vocal minority of complaining fans while theres hordes of us content with way game is and more than happy to develop strategies within its current balancing. Honestly I can't wait until they're done with content updates, maybe finally fix all this bizarre design choices.

    Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.

    I mean to the first hero.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    I disagree, the burst mode says hello.

    Maybe on a map like Crait but on the vast majority of maps officer is the best class by far.

    Nah, I would argue skill is the best class by far. Overall the other classes have more killing power than Officer.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    I disagree, the burst mode says hello.

    Maybe on a map like Crait but on the vast majority of maps officer is the best class by far.

    Nah, I would argue skill is the best class by far. Overall the other classes have more killing power than Officer.

    See above post.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.

    I mean to the first hero.

    Heavy can beat Officer, Assault can beat Officer if he's running the right build, and Specialist can too, they simply have to use the class effectively to kill. Specialist wins against Officer if there are any vehicles present, simply because of his Ion mods. Heavy wins if the maps have walkers on them, and he wins because of Combat shield. Assault can win if he can get the killstreaks up, and Officer can win if he recharges the team, and gets a few kills. Tbh I would say that's balanced.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.

    This is about battle points, not 1v1.
  • bfloo
    12494 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.

    I mean to the first hero.

    Heavy can beat Officer, Assault can beat Officer if he's running the right build, and Specialist can too, they simply have to use the class effectively to kill. Specialist wins against Officer if there are any vehicles present, simply because of his Ion mods. Heavy wins if the maps have walkers on them, and he wins because of Combat shield. Assault can win if he can get the killstreaks up, and Officer can win if he recharges the team, and gets a few kills. Tbh I would say that's balanced.

    The other classes can, but not as easily as the officer.

    It leads to officers being over represented in every game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Lee1981
    997 posts Member
    edited December 6
    bfloo wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.

    I mean to the first hero.

    Heavy can beat Officer, Assault can beat Officer if he's running the right build, and Specialist can too, they simply have to use the class effectively to kill. Specialist wins against Officer if there are any vehicles present, simply because of his Ion mods. Heavy wins if the maps have walkers on them, and he wins because of Combat shield. Assault can win if he can get the killstreaks up, and Officer can win if he recharges the team, and gets a few kills. Tbh I would say that's balanced.
    It leads to officers being over represented in every game.
    This is not true at all, every match I play I see even numbers of all classes

    Just more rubbish spilled to bring the officer down
  • bfloo
    12494 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.

    I mean to the first hero.

    Heavy can beat Officer, Assault can beat Officer if he's running the right build, and Specialist can too, they simply have to use the class effectively to kill. Specialist wins against Officer if there are any vehicles present, simply because of his Ion mods. Heavy wins if the maps have walkers on them, and he wins because of Combat shield. Assault can win if he can get the killstreaks up, and Officer can win if he recharges the team, and gets a few kills. Tbh I would say that's balanced.
    It leads to officers being over represented in every game.
    This is not true at all, every match I play I see even numbers of all classes

    Just more rubbish spilled to bring the officer down

    not in my experience, it is mostly officers everywhere, snipers hanging out in the back accomplishing nothing and 2, maybe 3 each of assaults and heavies.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.

    I mean to the first hero.

    Heavy can beat Officer, Assault can beat Officer if he's running the right build, and Specialist can too, they simply have to use the class effectively to kill. Specialist wins against Officer if there are any vehicles present, simply because of his Ion mods. Heavy wins if the maps have walkers on them, and he wins because of Combat shield. Assault can win if he can get the killstreaks up, and Officer can win if he recharges the team, and gets a few kills. Tbh I would say that's balanced.
    It leads to officers being over represented in every game.
    This is not true at all, every match I play I see even numbers of all classes

    Just more rubbish spilled to bring the officer down

    not in my experience, it is mostly officers everywhere, snipers hanging out in the back accomplishing nothing and 2, maybe 3 each of assaults and heavies.
    Not having any of that
  • bf2pro wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.

    This is about battle points, not 1v1.

    read above post
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • bfloo wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.

    I mean to the first hero.

    Heavy can beat Officer, Assault can beat Officer if he's running the right build, and Specialist can too, they simply have to use the class effectively to kill. Specialist wins against Officer if there are any vehicles present, simply because of his Ion mods. Heavy wins if the maps have walkers on them, and he wins because of Combat shield. Assault can win if he can get the killstreaks up, and Officer can win if he recharges the team, and gets a few kills. Tbh I would say that's balanced.
    It leads to officers being over represented in every game.
    This is not true at all, every match I play I see even numbers of all classes

    Just more rubbish spilled to bring the officer down

    not in my experience, it is mostly officers everywhere, snipers hanging out in the back accomplishing nothing and 2, maybe 3 each of assaults and heavies.

    I usually see around 5-10 assaults and heavies, like three Specialists, and around 7 Officers, If I am playing in a group. Otherwise their are like 7 Assaults, 5 or 6 heavies, three specialists, and three or four Officers.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • bfloo
    12494 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.

    I mean to the first hero.

    Heavy can beat Officer, Assault can beat Officer if he's running the right build, and Specialist can too, they simply have to use the class effectively to kill. Specialist wins against Officer if there are any vehicles present, simply because of his Ion mods. Heavy wins if the maps have walkers on them, and he wins because of Combat shield. Assault can win if he can get the killstreaks up, and Officer can win if he recharges the team, and gets a few kills. Tbh I would say that's balanced.
    It leads to officers being over represented in every game.
    This is not true at all, every match I play I see even numbers of all classes

    Just more rubbish spilled to bring the officer down

    not in my experience, it is mostly officers everywhere, snipers hanging out in the back accomplishing nothing and 2, maybe 3 each of assaults and heavies.

    I usually see around 5-10 assaults and heavies, like three Specialists, and around 7 Officers, If I am playing in a group. Otherwise their are like 7 Assaults, 5 or 6 heavies, three specialists, and three or four Officers.

    Explains why you don't see the same flash grenade spam I do.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Saw the title and had a feeling it would be ‘git gud’ with zero insight.

    Wasn’t wrong.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Oficer is working as intended. Passive BP generation is the point of playing support, big pay to Heal and refresh your allies abilities, especially when It's Heroes. Nothing to see here. Move along.
  • Can confirm, do it all the time on Assault. B)

    Officer has the advantage of having point generation when there are no available targets, such as when you're stomping. It's okay though, I like having buffs and I don't want people to stop using Officer in the future.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf the officer class because you're not that good to get a hero with the assault class or heavy or specialist. Every class has ways to get battle points quickly & you all need to learn how to play. The officer class has been nerfed 4 times already & you still won't leave them be

    Good luck trying to beat a good officer with a specialist.

    Can be done

    An equally skilled officer will beat an equally skilled specialist every time.

    Heck no man, Infiltration means Officer loses any 1v1. Specialist can tell where the Officer is and simply headshot him for around 200-225 damage. Officer loses most engagments. Also, the 280-CFE can pretty much be a Bluurg in close range, oneshot capabilities. Officer can be better teamplay, but overall they will lose to the other classes simply because the others have higher killing potential.

    I mean to the first hero.

    same problem in that it's map dependent and ultimately skill curve flattens at the top.



    ^like to see an Officer do that kind of stuff with the garbage range nerf blasters he currently has.
Sign In or Register to comment.