criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Your Galactic Assault Rotation

Replies

• Woeisaustin
    21 posts Member
    edited December 5
    Geonosis
    Kamino
    Naboo
    Kashyyyk
    Death star

• 1. Geonosis
    2. Kashyyyk
    3. Naboo
    4. Hoth
    5. Crait
  • This will be in addition to the full rotation being available, correct? That's how I read the original post, but you never know around here.

that's what they said the last time but it ended up being CW only with no possibility to play other maps until the event ended.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    This will be in addition to the full rotation being available, correct? That's how I read the original post, but you never know around here.

that's what they said the last time but it ended up being CW only with no possibility to play other maps until the event ended.

Exactly. That's why I asked. I'll be surprised if the question is answered. The bottom line is you shouldnt be limiting content on this game given the lack of maps added since launch.
  • Although allowing input in map rotation is a step in the right direction, I think it's important to distinguish limiting the current map rotation versus map selection. They are not the same. It seems as though map voting/selection is off the table, and if so I guess this is the best we can hope for.
  • This will be in addition to the full rotation being available, correct? That's how I read the original post, but you never know around here.

The way I read it, is that they are once again limiting the maps to just a handful. If so, it really sucks. Looks like they decided on Geonosis, Kamino, Death Star and Crait for who knows how long.
  • Geonosis
    Crait
    Endor
    Naboo
    Kashyyyk

(maps that don't drain tickets by dying, well sort of)

I prefer balance than which map because with balance every map is fun, when it's one sided no map is fun, but you'd last a bit longer on naboo than any other map that is imbalanced ....
  • Naboo
    Endor
    Crait
    Geonosis
    Death Star 2
  • Moxx
    59 posts Member
    Server browser.

Then people can just pick what they want to play ;)
  • Geonosis
    Kamino
    Naboo
    Kashyyyk
    Hoth
  • Imho, I would like a full and fixed Rotation but in chronological order.

That would solve several issues at once.
  • Kashyyyk, the most lag plagued map in the game.
  • speaking of galactic assault rotation i've noticed that whenever i get endor i get starkiller and whenever i get the wretched hive of scum and villainy takodana i get hoth then geonosis
  • Geonosis
    Naboo
    Endor
    Death star II
    Kamino or hoth
  • They'll probably leave us with only 4 maps to play while they go on their month long vacation. Merry Christmas!
  • They're just temporary player-made rotations, don't know why people are assuming it's gonna be a permanent list where the other maps are removed.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • holstar1993
    499 posts Member
    edited December 5
    They're just temporary player-made rotations, don't know why people are assuming it's gonna be a permanent list where the other maps are removed.

Because they just did it last weekend? I realize it wasn't permanent, but reducing content is not okay even temporarily.
  • They're just temporary player-made rotations, don't know why people are assuming it's gonna be a permanent list where the other maps are removed.

Because they just did it last weekend?

Because a new clone wars map came out, hence the clone wars-era playlist that was only on for a weekend that a bunch of people panicked over.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

If it’s a separate playlist to the main, full GA rotation then great. Otherwise in my opinion this is just crazy. If they replace the full rotation with these.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I actually like the idea of just using Era Specific rotations and going by order of seeing them in the movies.

CW: Naboo, Kamino, Geonosis, Kashyyyk.

OT: Tatooine, Yavin, Hoth, Death Star II, Endor.

ST: Jakku, Takodana, Crait.

What I'd really like is a Planetary Assault rotation that started with Starfighter Assault, went to Blast, then Strike, and finally GA, all on the same planet, with big rewards for successfully defending or completing.

Precursor to an actual Galactic Campaign online. :)

Because a new clone wars map came out, hence the clone wars-era playlist that was only on for a weekend that a bunch of people panicked over.

Right. And after all the complaints, here they are ready to reduce content again. Just get rid of the lousy EORMM system and make multiple playlists.

It's just a temporary playlist that'll only happen probably over one weekend lol, geez
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    1959 posts Member
    edited December 5
    They're just temporary player-made rotations, don't know why people are assuming it's gonna be a permanent list where the other maps are removed.

I don't think it is a matter of players worried it becoming a permanent rotation, more that it is due to the lack of new maps that players are frustrated. Not just for GA but all modes and in particular Extraction and SA. That some of the same GA maps we have been playing for months, now appears with even greater frequency is not enjoyable for me. One map that you and I might like, others will not. Now if we had 3 or 4 additional maps per mode, then maybe the frustration and disappointment with limited content rotations would not be so strong. If I had 3 or 4 new maps from new locations or some ported SWBF 15 maps, Sullust, DS, Bespin, Scarif for Extraction, GA and SA, then I'd say have at it with limited content rotations. Now I'm auto-quitting most GA maps as they have just worn thin. Maybe if there was some differences in how the maps play it would not be so bad but the same end in a choke point hero filled room format that is consistent throughout most of the maps makes the mode repetitive no matter the planet. Geonosis excluded.

While I appreciate the request for feedback on GA, a large problem with GA is the much too long of a wait for new content for the mode. These events only exacerbate the problem.
  • Favorites Rotation:
    Naboo
    Kamino
    Endor
    Death Star 2
    Crait

And Mos Eisley as the sixth if you can fit it in.

Question: What’s the point of a map rotation if the EOR MM will send us wherever it wants to? Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of special playlists; I am just a little concerned about how often each map will come up for me.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX

Right. And after all the complaints, here they are ready to reduce content again. Just get rid of the lousy EORMM system and make multiple playlists.

It's just a temporary playlist that'll only happen probably over one weekend lol, geez

I know, I just won't play much again, so whatever. A "playlist" should be voluntary as they have done in the past. Nobody complains about having additional options, unfortunately they have painted themselves into a corner with EORMM.
  • “Walker Assault”

1. Naboo
    2. Geonosis
    3. Kashyyk
    4. Hoth
    5. Endor
    6. Crait
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Some good feedback today on the Galactic Assault rotation. We've made a change and it's now the below. We'll be changing it up more frequently as we move forward. Keep the feedback coming.

Geonosis > Kamino > Death Star II > Crait

Reckon you can squeeze in Yavin IV?

giphy.gif?****=19f5b51a5c085758435a616e594944d4
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Saber91
    955 posts Member
    edited December 5
    F8RGE wrote: »
    If you could have a Galactic Assault rotation of 4-5 planets, what would it be?

We'll look at adding some of these 'player made' rotations into the game at certain times.

So, what would yours be?

whatever it is you should have all maps of an era happen consecutively. so like Naboo should be followed by kashyyk, which is then followed by kamino, and then followed by geonosis. Same for OT and ST.

this is until you implement a map selector or era selector. some people want to play more clone wars maps than OT. and so we shouldnt have to sit through hoth to play geonosis.

my rotation would be:

Naboo
    Kashyyk
    Kamino
    Geonosis
  • thorzhammers
    191 posts Member
    edited December 9
    I would love to see a timeline specific rotation for each trilogy.

If I were to choose my five favorite random maps:
    Geonosis
    Tatooine
    Death Star II
    Kamino
    Hoth

Of course, none of this would matter with EOR MM still on. Still would appreciate eliminating MM.

Thank you

Post edited by thorzhammers on
  • StarWars0525
    2007 posts Member
    edited December 5
    Genosis, Yavin V, Tatoonie, Death Star and Kamino.

No I think he mean only 5 maps from the current roatation for a limited play list
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Some good feedback today on the Galactic Assault rotation. We've made a change and it's now the below. We'll be changing it up more frequently as we move forward. Keep the feedback coming.

Geonosis > Kamino > Death Star II > Crait

does this mean we won't be able to play Takodana?

but i need to feed my Pet Chicken!

:(
  • I’d simply say set up the playlist by Star Wars era: but make it like a list of 5 for each era! I see a lot of people adding scariff and sulust! Add those from the other battlefront! Mix those in with: Tatooine, Death Star 2, Endor! For clone wars: Geonosis, Kamino, kasyyyke, along with classics like: utapah and maybe please... coresaunt! (Bad spelling). For new Star Wars movies: crait, Star killer base, takodana, add something like a Tatooine with first order vs resistance and maybe add another of the many famous planets! Just do it!:)
  • Would this be a separate playlist?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Here’s an idea...map select.

Then we could actually play the maps we want and not get stuck on Kashyyyk three matches in a row...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • rollind24
    4704 posts Member
    edited December 6
    This will be in addition to the full rotation being available, correct? That's how I read the original post, but you never know around here.

I dunno. I asked for a month for them to confirm the playlist would be separate or in place of GA last month. Got confirmation it would be separate on Twitter and lo and behold what we got
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • xSloky
    16 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Kashyyyk
    Endor
    Geonosis
    Yavin IV
    Naboo
    That rotation would be awesome :D
  • Theed, Kamino, Hoth, Death Star II, Crait
    All of them look absolutely stunning with gorgeous lighting, Hoth is terribly exciting from a 'childhood memories of the Empire Strikes Back' perspective, I love starting off on a blockade runner on Death Star II... these are definitely my favourites. Tatooine WOULD be on my list, as it is very pretty, but it usually ends up in rotation a fair bit and you have the landspeeder problem (although I've not played it since the ramming issue was apparently fixed).
  • My 5 favourite maps are Naboo, Death Star II, Crait, Endor and Geonosis so a rotation of those would be awesome :D
  • With end of round match making this question is tough for me to comprehend.

However. A thought of adding the top 5 maps within the original map rotation would yield a higher percent chance of playing a more popular or favored map.

Either way I’d rather have the flexibility to choose which map I want to play.