criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Let's Talk Improvements To Vehicle Classes

Alright. First things first. The V-4X-D Ski Speeder. It's base sensitivity desperately needs adjustment on the PC version. Even the lowest sensitivity level is ridiculously high making it almost impossible to pilot the craft with mouse/keyboard controls (similarly to the Bomber Class Starfighters' having a very high base sensitivity while zoomed on PC; also needs to be addressed).

Driving the 74-Z Speeder Bike, BARC Speeder and STAP can be a nightmare because they tend to get caught on every little object, and can't navigate environments seamlessly like they should. Especially steep inclines. They should be able to glide fluidly over almost any terrain, but players should also have some control over their altitude. At least to the degree we did with the 74-Z in the last Battlefront. Their responsiveness to turning is also fairly sluggish and should be improved.

I feel the 74-Z and BARC Speeder should be given the Afterburner ability (like how the 74-Z had in the last game; I hate that it was not included in Battlefront II), and the STAP's responsiveness to turning, strafing and moving in reverse should be increased so it's more maneuverable than the other two, but not as fast.

The AT-RT can be a real pain to use, too. Firstly, the animation when strafing right is using the animation for strafing left. That needs to be corrected. The more serious problems come when you need to turn or accelerate. A lot of times it won't. Or it starts to, but then stops. Same thing happens when attempting to sprint. I also find myself being unable to move through areas where there is plenty of room for the AT-RT and it's driver to fit, or I'm unable to move up against some objects or walls. Like there's an invisible obstruction.

Similarly to the speeders mentioned above, the AT-RT has some difficulty navigating rugged terrain when it shouldn't. It tends to get stuck on objects it should be able to easily step over. In addition to improving that, perhaps the AT-RT should be given the ability to "jump" like we see it do in TCW TV series. That would definitely be handy.

Regarding the Imperial and First Order AT-STs, we should have the option to toggle sprint. Especially when using a controller. Constantly having to press and hold the control stick while using it will wear it out. This was something I really wanted in the last Battlefront, but never got, and I'm really surprised it wasn't included in Battlefront II. I don't understand why such a simple function hasn't been implemented.

Another thing I've always wanted in Battlefront II is 1P and 3P views for everything. Vehicle classes are no exception. In fact, I'm pretty upset one of them was not included despite the last Battlefront having it - the 74-Z. I LOVED using the 74-Z in the last game (when the lag wasn't being a pain, at least). I would always use 1P view when I could simply for the epic level of immersion, and the 74-Z was an absolute joy to use in 1P view. I would love to have 1P and 3P views available for all Armor, Speeder and Artillery Class Vehicles, but I would like to have the Rear View available for all of them, as well.

Lastly, I have a few pet peeves over some canon related issues with the vehicles I hope will eventually be addressed:
  1. The naming convention for the V-4X-D is reversed in-game. It's currently titled as "Ski Speeder V-4X-D" when it should be "V-4X-D Ski Speeder".
  2. The designation code for the Speeder Bike and U-wing are absent in their title. They should be titled "74-Z Speeder Bike" and "UT-60D U-wing" respectively.
  3. Similarly, the LAAT is missing the variant letter designation in it's name. It should be titled "LAAT/i".
  4. The AT-AT's Orbital Strike ability on Hoth - Outpost Delta has the wrong laser bolt colors. They're red when they should be green.

Any thoughts?

@F8RGE @FireWall
"All wings report in."

Replies

• Ugh, I forgot something. :confounded: There is an additional canon related issue for one of the vehicles that also needs to be corrected:

5. The T-47 Airspeeder is missing the harpoon gunner.
    "All wings report in."
  • Zyder
    113 posts Member
    In PC I can't aim properly with Speeders. They are totally useless, I did a post about them. The Snow Speeder is cool but all others (Endor Bike, STAP, BARC, First Order Speeder...) are garbage.

If you now Destiny 2, in that game you can use some "speeders", and it is a pleasure to kill with them because they are good, but in BF2 it's lost time and lost points. Not worth even 150.
  • Zinjo
    86 posts Member
    edited December 8
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Ugh, I forgot something. :confounded: There is an additional canon related issue for one of the vehicles that also needs to be corrected:

The harpoon gunner is an auto feature when you fly into the circles around the legs of an AT-AT. It will auto deploy so long as you stay within those tracing circles. You will see them when you approach an AT-AT's legs.

I want to see the T-47 used in more maps outside of Hoth like BF1 (2015) had. These speeders were "adapted" to Hoth, not designed to only fly there...
    Someone Didn't like my signature asking for Inferno squad skins....
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Alright. First things first. The V-4X-D Ski Speeder. It's base sensitivity desperately needs adjustment on the PC version. Even the lowest sensitivity level is ridiculously high making it almost impossible to pilot the craft with mouse/keyboard controls (similarly to the Bomber Class Starfighters' having a very high base sensitivity while zoomed on PC; also needs to be addressed).

Driving the 74-Z Speeder Bike, BARC Speeder and STAP can be a nightmare because they tend to get caught on every little object, and can't navigate environments seamlessly like they should. Especially steep inclines. They should be able to glide fluidly over almost any terrain, but players should also have some control over their altitude. At least to the degree we did with the 74-Z in the last Battlefront. Their responsiveness to turning is also fairly sluggish and should be improved.

I feel the 74-Z and BARC Speeder should be given the Afterburner ability (like how the 74-Z had in the last game; I hate that it was not included in Battlefront II), and the STAP's responsiveness to turning, strafing and moving in reverse should be increased so it's more maneuverable than the other two, but not as fast.

The AT-RT can be a real pain to use, too. Firstly, the animation when strafing right is using the animation for strafing left. That needs to be corrected. The more serious problems come when you need to turn or accelerate. A lot of times it won't. Or it starts to, but then stops. Same thing happens when attempting to sprint. I also find myself being unable to move through areas where there is plenty of room for the AT-RT and it's driver to fit, or I'm unable to move up against some objects or walls. Like there's an invisible obstruction.

Similarly to the speeders mentioned above, the AT-RT has some difficulty navigating rugged terrain when it shouldn't. It tends to get stuck on objects it should be able to easily step over. In addition to improving that, perhaps the AT-RT should be given the ability to "jump" like we see it do in TCW TV series. That would definitely be handy.

Regarding the Imperial and First Order AT-STs, we should have the option to toggle sprint. Especially when using a controller. Constantly having to press and hold the control stick while using it will wear it out. This was something I really wanted in the last Battlefront, but never got, and I'm really surprised it wasn't included in Battlefront II. I don't understand why such a simple function hasn't been implemented.

Another thing I've always wanted in Battlefront II is 1P and 3P views for everything. Vehicle classes are no exception. In fact, I'm pretty upset one of them was not included despite the last Battlefront having it - the 74-Z. I LOVED using the 74-Z in the last game (when the lag wasn't being a pain, at least). I would always use 1P view when I could simply for the epic level of immersion, and the 74-Z was an absolute joy to use in 1P view. I would love to have 1P and 3P views available for all Armor, Speeder and Artillery Class Vehicles, but I would like to have the Rear View available for all of them, as well.

Lastly, I have a few pet peeves over some canon related issues with the vehicles I hope will eventually be addressed:
    1. The naming convention for the V-4X-D is reversed in-game. It's currently titled as "Ski Speeder V-4X-D" when it should be "V-4X-D Ski Speeder".
    2. The designation code for the Speeder Bike and U-wing are absent in their title. They should be titled "74-Z Speeder Bike" and "UT-60D U-wing" respectively.
    3. Similarly, the LAAT is missing the variant letter designation in it's name. It should be titled "LAAT/i".
    4. The AT-AT's Orbital Strike ability on Hoth - Outpost Delta has the wrong laser bolt colors. They're red when they should be green.

Any thoughts?

@F8RGE @FireWall
    Ugh, I forgot something. :confounded: There is an additional canon related issue for one of the vehicles that also needs to be corrected:

Yes to ALL of these. Great list, Ace!

I love how thorough you usually are, but I'm surprised you didn't mention the AT-AT Orbital Strike lasers having the wrong color on Endor: Research Station 9. They're blue and should be red.
    Zinjo wrote: »

The harpoon gunner is an auto feature when you fly into the circles around the legs of an AT-AT. It will auto deploy so long as you stay within those tracing circles. You will see them when you approach an AT-AT's legs.

I want to see the T-47 used in more maps outside of Hoth like BF1 (2015) had. These speeders were "adapted" to Hoth, not designed to only fly there...

I've seen him post about this issue several times before. He means the Rebel gunner that is suppose to be sitting back-to-back with the pilot is missing. The gunner seat is empty. It was like this in the last game. Honestly, it bothers me too and should be fixed.

I'd definitely love to have the T-47 on more maps, though. It would also be awesome if the other speeders were playable on more maps like the BARC Speeder and STAP on Naboo and Kashyyyk, and having the 74-Z Speeder Bike with a Galactic Republic paint scheme would be cool as an alternative to the BARC Speeder.

I'd like to see the Flash Speeder and Gian Speeder return for Naboo too.
    Geronimo!
  • Its really hard to hit enemys with the at-rt in my opinion.
  • Zinjo wrote: »

I know. Like Evod_1501 said, I meant the gunner is missing in the T-47's back seat and needs to be added, but I agree with you about having the T-47 available on more maps. That'd be fantastic.
    Evod_1501 wrote: »

Any thoughts?

@F8RGE @FireWall

Yes to ALL of these. Great list, Ace!

I love how thorough you usually are, but I'm surprised you didn't mention the AT-AT Orbital Strike lasers having the wrong color on Endor: Research Station 9. They're blue and should be red.

Thanks. It's appreciated. :blush:

OMG, you're right about the AT-AT's Orbital Strike ability. That's odd. I could've sworn the bolts were red on Endor. Welp, that needs to be fixed, too. :lol:
    Evod_1501 wrote: »
    I'd definitely love to have the T-47 on more maps, though. It would also be awesome if the other speeders were playable on more maps like the BARC Speeder and STAP on Naboo and Kashyyyk, and having the 74-Z Speeder Bike with a Galactic Republic paint scheme would be cool as an alternative to the BARC Speeder.

I'd like to see the Flash Speeder and Gian Speeder return for Naboo too.

Totally. I've been hoping the STAP and BARC Speeder would be added to those maps. Having the 74-Z with the Republic paint scheme as an alternative would also be epic.

Man, I would love for DICE to bring back the Flash and Gian Speeders.
    Basti1284 wrote: »
    Its really hard to hit enemys with the at-rt in my opinion.

Yeah, it really can be. Especially if you encounter serious lag. That exacerbates the issue.

I believe having 1P view and centering the camera behind the driver in 3P view (or having the ability to switch shoulders in 3P view) would be a great improvement.
    "All wings report in."