criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

PSA: How lightsaber blaster deflection works

I've been playing for a year and never understood how deflecting blaster shots worked. I thought it was random and that if you had a card like Luke's, that it made the "deflection auto aim" more lucky, so I never really tried to do it much (maybe that's how Kenobi's works now? I haven't tried since figuring out how it works the regular way).

Soooo, in case you're like me and have been living under a rock like a sand person, it turns out that you use the reticle to aim the blaster shots back at the shooter, or anyone you want.

I thought I would check YouTube and see if there was a video on it (if not, I'd have made one myself) and there is, so here it is.

I know we have new people joining all the time, and since this game is absolutely horrible about explaining how anything works (except for Iden's alt fire) I figured I'd post this.

Feel free to make fun of me, if you must. :p
ZI7BNkU.gif
^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
(Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.

Replies

• nah its not really clear in the game. though I figured this our in arcade after dying a bunch of times when all my abilities were on cool down I noticed I could kill people by deflecting and it was the trooper facing me.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    nah its not really clear in the game. though I figured this our in arcade after dying a bunch of times when all my abilities were on cool down I noticed I could kill people by deflecting and it was the trooper facing me.

Nice! I'm glad you mentioned that. I need to go practice this in arcade!

Better to learn on that than on an online Iden, intent on killing me! :)
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Billkwando wrote: »
    I've been playing for a year and never understood how deflecting blaster shots worked. I thought it was random and that if you had a card like Luke's, that it made the "deflection auto aim" more lucky, so I never really tried to do it much (maybe that's how Kenobi's works now? I haven't tried since figuring out how it works the regular way).

Soooo, in case you're like me and have been living under a rock like a sand person, it turns out that you use the reticle to aim the blaster shots back at the shooter, or anyone you want.

I thought I would check YouTube and see if there was a video on it (if not, I'd have made one myself) and there is, so here it is.

I know we have new people joining all the time, and since this game is absolutely horrible about explaining how anything works (except for Iden's alt fire) I figured I'd post this.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww really i thought it was common sense. Why have a aiming reticle
  • Some users deflect more accurately than others Honestly I think it should be closer to 80% accuracy for all users, spreads too tight atm.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Billkwando wrote: »

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww really i thought it was common sense. Why have a aiming reticle

For aiming your force powers. Something else I didn't realize you could do with the reticle, for months. I thought maul/luke's push only worked on flat ground, facing forward.

Before that, I also wondered why we had an aiming reticle.

Sorry if my common sense regarding the use of technology and magic from long long ago, in a galaxy far far away, is rusty. :p
    ZI7BNkU.gif