criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Trooper Weekend

Replies

• T0TALfps
    1167 posts EA Community Manager
    rollind24 wrote: »
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    Awh thanks @F8RGE, I hope you have a trooper weekend too!

I just want to congratulate you on one of the best dad jokes I’ve seen on this forum lol. You have my respect and hopefully I can use this one on the kids to get an eye roll in the future!

uzlq8xknlzwc.gif
    beq77m6aitvn.png
    EA Community Coordinator, Anthem, Battlefield & Battlefront
    Twitter - Board Guidelines
    // Some of my posts may not represent the opinions of EA or DICE.
  • I don't think I like this idea.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Um. Somewhat pointless. “Live service”, I guess?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I hate to be negative, but since there are options to choose the game mode on the menu, how is it an event to give you a mode you would never normally play?
  • I have a bad feeling about this!
  • Heroes are the only thing I play GA for.

*Cringe* Like, go play HvV then.

That's like telling someone who adores chocolate they should swallow a jar of Cocoa powder and enjoy it.

That's like telling someone who adores chocolate they should swallow a jar of Cocoa powder and enjoy it.

GA offers so much more than heroes; they're just a minor inclusion that so many people seem to fuss over so you couldn't be more incorrect. Have a nice day.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • YODA100
    957 posts Member
    edited December 6
    If there’s 7 sec respawn I won’t be playing.
  • I played Blast, then Strike twice, then Blast.

I thought it was a good rhythm. I enjoyed blast a lot more than usual. Was actually looking forward to it after 2 matches of Strike.

GA offers so much more than heroes; they're just a minor inclusion that so many people seem to fuss over so you couldn't be more incorrect. Have a nice day.

GA offers everything you could want from the Star Wars universe. Heroes, Enforcers, classic vehicles, iconic trooper classes, all bundled up into a chaotic objective based mode of madness. You may enjoy the trooper portion of that experience while I may enjoy straffing you with an X-wing, while Georgie enjoys force choking you with Vader. Maybe you getting off playing as a trooper makes me "cringe"? Who cares? To each their own, bro. Calm down and stop acting all high and mighty. You're just a bottom feeder like the rest of us.

But hey...you have a nice day too.

So this is what players who frequent the bottom of the leaderboard sound like hahaha, you keep farming for those little heroes now #amateur
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    I played Blast, then Strike twice, then Blast.

I thought it was a good rhythm. I enjoyed blast a lot more than usual. Was actually looking forward to it after 2 matches of Strike.

It's okay, but could be so much better if GA removed heroes for a weekend to see how that experience plays out as it hasn't been done before. Mixing modes was a terrible feature in the previous game and hope it doesn't become too prominent in this game.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

GA offers everything you could want from the Star Wars universe. Heroes, Enforcers, classic vehicles, iconic trooper classes, all bundled up into a chaotic objective based mode of madness. You may enjoy the trooper portion of that experience while I may enjoy straffing you with an X-wing, while Georgie enjoys force choking you with Vader. Maybe you getting off playing as a trooper makes me "cringe"? Who cares? To each their own, bro. Calm down and stop acting all high and mighty. You're just a bottom feeder like the rest of us.

So this is what players who frequent the bottom of the leaderboard sound like hahaha, you keep farming for those little heroes now #amateur

🤔

For whatever reason my OneDrive isn't cooperating tonight. My screenshots aren't loading properly. I'm on Xbox. You think I'm a scrub? Put your money where your mouth is and come find me. I like being proven wrong. Bring it.
  • Lame. Where's heroes unleashed?

don't worry 9v9 heroes unleashed over christmas and new year.

just imagine that on geonosis.

absolute chaos muahahahaha!
  • Lame. Where's heroes unleashed?

don't worry 9v9 heroes unleashed over christmas and new year.

just imagine that on geonosis.

absolute chaos muahahahaha!

OMG yes! Cannot wait

For whatever reason my OneDrive isn't cooperating tonight. My screenshots aren't loading properly. I'm on Xbox. You think I'm a scrub? Put your money where your mouth is and come find me. I like being proven wrong. Bring it.

This is exactly why we need Hero Showdown changed to a 1V1 duel mode! So all you allegedly sweaty big talkers can square off! Record it and of course post it on the forums for all to enjoy.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

This is exactly why we need Hero Showdown changed to a 1V1 duel mode! So all you allegedly sweaty big talkers can square off! Record it and of course post it on the forums for all to enjoy.

Hey man, I agree. It's ridiculous I have to jump through hoops to post a simple screenshot.
  • rollind24
    4701 posts Member
    edited December 7
    Heroes are the only thing I play GA for.

Hey man, I agree. It's ridiculous I have to jump through hoops to post a simple screenshot.

It’s almost like pulling teeth trying to find and then convert OneDrive stuff to YouTube, I feel the pain lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • OcDoc
    449 posts Member
    I will give it a try. But I can’t say I understand the blast/strike combo with “new tech” description. A touch more detail would have been nice.
  • I'll probably give this a try! I was personally hoping for a Hero-free GA, as well. It would have been interesting to see play out.
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    1950 posts Member
    edited December 7
    OcDoc wrote: »
    I will give it a try. But I can’t say I understand the blast/strike combo with “new tech” description. A touch more detail would have been nice.

I tried the Strike/Blast combo. All I got was a half empty lobby that did not fill. Quit.

DICE has to provide some new maps. Sullust, Bespin, Eadu, Mustafar, Mygeeto, Coruscant, Scarif, Vados, Pillio.
  • Should've been for GA. Remove vehicles, heroes, reinforcements. Only the 4 classes and nothing else.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    You know, you could've turned it into a GA troopers only tbh. It's only a weekend.

Yep but that might have shown how popular it would be and no Heroes needed buying
  • if it was trooper only on GA, i would have come back on and tried it.
    The game has gone too far to the Hero side for me.

Modes for trooper only are good, extraction especially, but they get no updates, no maps. i guess the merging of strike and blast is because of player count, which i can fully understand, the modes have become stale.

I don't play the game anymore, but would be back in a shot if we had some updates for the trooper only modes, as its a casual enjoyable game, and its star wars. But i doubt it will happen, guessing it is much easier to program a new hero than an entire map/mode.
  • Docb wrote: »

Modes for trooper only are good, extraction especially, but they get no updates, no maps. i guess the merging of strike and blast is because of player count, which i can fully understand, the modes have become stale.

This is what I fear, it’s a test run for a permanent mix of the small modes and that’s not good, especially without the ability to select a map.
  • I really like blast (but I would like it much more If the Timer to respawn was set permanently to ZERO), and I do like very much Strike (and I think its a shame this mode is abandoned by DICE) so mixing the modes (One close quarters fast action with JUST TROOPERS in small mediom maps and the other a small mode with objectives)...I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA for all those, like me, who like to play both modes; wich are lately hard to find games in.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Should've been for GA. Remove vehicles, heroes, reinforcements. Only the 4 classes and nothing else.

This sounds great to me.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Should've been for GA. Remove vehicles, heroes, reinforcements. Only the 4 classes and nothing else.

I'm all for experimenting with anything, but my personal preference would be to keep vehicles and aerial troopers.
  • jonci
    555 posts Member
    Played it, didn't get the hype, its Strike and Blast how is that a trooper event? Wheres the event bit? is that the rotation?Why didn't you just call it what it is a strike/blast rotation combo or something?
    Rebellions are built on hope.
  • If you could roll at a weekend event that doesn't cause the game to crash that's be nice. Been trying to get a game for 20 minutes now...keep getting booted back to main screen. Ps4 europe

It's okay, but could be so much better if GA removed heroes for a weekend to see how that experience plays out as it hasn't been done before. Mixing modes was a terrible feature in the previous game and hope it doesn't become too prominent in this game.

I'd say at least the majority ( or at least 50% ) that play this game LIKE that heroes are in GA so I wouldn't get your hopes up of them removing them, or a big hero-less mode.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • dont know if I really see my self playing the garbage known as strike.
  • Look, it’s good you guys are doing events, but blast isn’t that good and strike is about as lame as it gets. Get a big clue and fire the guy that had the bright idea to dump dropzone, droidrun, cargo, extraction, and sabotage. GA and HvV is all this game has worth playing imo and HvV needs work. Extraction is ok but not like the original, you guys messed up a great thing by leaving these modes out yet you add modes like freakin Ewok Hunt, just wow.

I'd say at least the majority ( or at least 50% ) that play this game LIKE that heroes are in GA so I wouldn't get your hopes up of them removing them, or a big hero-less mode.

Although many of us, (the other 50%) would like a large hero free mode, like TP from SWBF 15. I don't mind heroes in GA as GA should have every item available, heroes, armor, speeders, star fighters, reinforcements, but the heroes should be limited to the later phases of GA. If DICE can do a HU event then why not an event that limits heroes to the later phases of GA? This would probably result in longer and more intense GA battles that don't end in the first phase because heroes are camping objectives or running into spawn areas. Also this does not restrict content as all maps and heroes would still be available but heroes would arrive just in the later phases. I would say that this suggestion, to some extent, actually increases the value of heroes in battle.
    I started a thread with this request and although it would be nice to get some response from DICE, I'm not expecting one. This would only be a limited test run so why not try it for a weekend and look at the results from the community?

Honestly I don't really care if there is say a GA without heroes ( I wouldn't play it ). I see people on here request it a good amount and think it should have a mode in game. My main point was I don't see the devs doing this for a few reason. Lack of resources, they've said they don't want to "fracture " the player base ( we can even get a separate playlist ). Also, heroes is a key marketing ploy they've used and this would take away from that.

Like I said if its in the game, great because I think the demand is there.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime

Although many of us, (the other 50%) would like a large hero free mode, like TP from SWBF 15. I don't mind heroes in GA as GA should have every item available, heroes, armor, speeders, star fighters, reinforcements, but the heroes should be limited to the later phases of GA. If DICE can do a HU event then why not an event that limits heroes to the later phases of GA? This would probably result in longer and more intense GA battles that don't end in the first phase because heroes are camping objectives or running into spawn areas. Also this does not restrict content as all maps and heroes would still be available but heroes would arrive just in the later phases. I would say that this suggestion, to some extent, actually increases the value of heroes in battle.
    I started a thread with this request and although it would be nice to get some response from DICE, I'm not expecting one. This would only be a limited test run so why not try it for a weekend and look at the results from the community?

Honestly I don't really care if there is say a GA without heroes ( I wouldn't play it ). I see people on here request it a good amount and think it should have a mode in game. My main point was I don't see the devs doing this for a few reason. Lack of resources, they've said they don't want to "fracture " the player base ( we can even get a separate playlist ). Also, heroes is a key marketing ploy they've used and this would take away from that.

Not sure if you read my post completely. As an alternative to a complete hero free GA mode, I'm suggesting to limit heroes to the later phases of GA. Removing heroes from the first and or second phase of GA is very different than removing them completely. Heroes would still be available, just a little later.

JPC, EH, HvV SA are in the game, well JPC occasionally, yet I can't find a full lobby for either of the other modes so as far as demand and what's in the game goes does not always align. Not to get off topic but I've got Chewbacca with a band-aid skin but no Luke X-Wing pilot skin as another example of demand and what is available.
    Again this would be a weekend only event to see the impact on GA and what players think about the change.
  • Just a heads up. My Trooper Event picture on the main screen says "Clone Wars Playlist", then Blast & Strike, then shows a picture of First Order Troopers and Enforcers.

w1lhunut29tt.jpg

Not sure if you read my post completely. As an alternative to a complete hero free GA mode, I'm suggesting to limit heroes to the later phases of GA. Removing heroes from the first and or second phase of GA is very different than removing them completely. Heroes would still be available, just a little later.

JPC, EH, HvV SA are in the game, well JPC occasionally, yet I can't find a full lobby for either of the other modes so as far as demand and what's in the game goes does not always align. Not to get off topic but I've got Chewbacca with a band-aid skin but no Luke X-Wing pilot skin as another example of demand and what is available.
    Again this would be a weekend only event to see the impact on GA and what players think about the change.

Yea I'd be open to that as well. I think just having a hero-less only GA would be good for people that just hate Heroes in general. If it was a weekend event thats fine.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • while i do love heros and only play this game to play as heros, a trooper only weekend in ga would've actually have been neat.

• Great to be trying new stuff. Won't be for me but always good to be developing I guess
  • Perhaps the devs are thinking about mixing Strike and Blast but splitting them into eras. That might work.
  • SVEJ
    932 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    2zdehm9zuftz.png

The next event in Star Wars Battlefront II will be a Trooper weekend as we're combining Blast and Strike into one playlist.

We're utilising some new tech for this and as a result will be kicking off the event this afternoon (CET) instead of at midnight.

Can't you just combine Ewok hunt, Extraction, Cargo, Strike and Blast into one playlist then just give me Geonosis in a separate playlist?

Like Geonosis is by far the best map in the game, plus you guys stated that Geonosis will be a week long playlist but you tricked us and added Kashyyyk, Naboo and Kamino.