criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why do Lightsabers Deal Different Amounts of Damage?

MyLittleGreenFriend
2235 posts Member
edited December 6
I mean just think about it logically. Every saber user is swinging a laser sword, so why should laser swords do different damage. I guess if you look at it from a physics standpoint the people who swing faster should do more damage, but the hero with the fastest swing speed (Maul) does the least damage! Why do sabers deal different damage?
jexdw69dwod3.png

Replies

  • Well for starters there are some hero cards that mean you do more sabre damage
  • It is because they can't actually cut people, they stagger them. They are baseball bats. Certain people can't swing as hard as others.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    It is because they can't actually cut people, they stagger them. They are baseball bats. Certain people can't swing as hard as others.

    But power comes from the speed at which you swing it and the people who swing faster do less damage.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • you have undermined the balance of lightsabers for this game forever...but the game isn't balanced anyway so who cares!
  • lightsabers in real life would slice through most soft tissue. so already they are different when adapting to video game. it's just the way they do it to give a different feel for each hero. Vader supposed to be strong and powerful. maul fast etc.
  • Lore wise you mean or game play?


    Not all crystals are made equal and not all of them are equally powerful. It depends on how much force power is put into the crystal.

    Which is why sith are stronger they forged their crystals rather then harvesting.


    Strength wise the list is as followed by lore at least:

    Purple: purple were red crystals created by empire and then infused to show that the wielder understood power of the light to be as strong as dark side, so it had damage of both. They do most damage

    Red: Red crystals for sith were infused and supercharged to do massive damage.

    Green (Luke exclusively): since it’s a sith crystal that was imbued with light side power

    Black/Red: Not much lore wise but in swtor said to be stronger

    Margenta-pink: not much said lore wise but in swtor listed as such

    Yellow: Yellow crystals often of the Jedi shadows were imbued to dark side from time to time, to make it possible to deflect force choke. But are fairly weak

    Green: most common crystals, generally only used to train weaklings (padawons because they barely burned enemy when hit)

    Blue: blue was colour of Jedi guardian because guardians fought against gunfire. So they did not need to do a lot of damage, but deflect well.
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Lore wise you mean or game play?


    Not all crystals are made equal and not all of them are equally powerful. It depends on how much force power is put into the crystal.

    Which is why sith are stronger they forged their crystals rather then harvesting.


    Strength wise the list is as followed by lore at least:

    Purple: purple were red crystals created by empire and then infused to show that the wielder understood power of the light to be as strong as dark side, so it had damage of both. They do most damage

    Red: Red crystals for sith were infused and supercharged to do massive damage.

    Green (Luke exclusively): since it’s a sith crystal that was imbued with light side power

    Black/Red: Not much lore wise but in swtor said to be stronger

    Margenta-pink: not much said lore wise but in swtor listed as such

    Yellow: Yellow crystals often of the Jedi shadows were imbued to dark side from time to time, to make it possible to deflect force choke. But are fairly weak

    Green: most common crystals, generally only used to train weaklings (padawons because they barely burned enemy when hit)

    Blue: blue was colour of Jedi guardian because guardians fought against gunfire. So they did not need to do a lot of damage, but deflect well.

    A load of non canon stuff.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Ppong_Man12
    1266 posts Member
    edited December 6
    Saberspeed lol, so who’s the Bryce Harper. So Vader and Grievous are the home run hitters. I guess Maul is a contact hitter.
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    speed wouldn't matter as much as the force behind the swing, but regardless, lightsabers would cut through pretty much anything like butter, with certain exceptions.

    As far as in game it is just something they used for balancing and isn't even pretending to be canon accurate.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • There not lightsabers, but giant glow sticks.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    speed wouldn't matter as much as the force behind the swing, but regardless, lightsabers would cut through pretty much anything like butter, with certain exceptions.

    As far as in game it is just something they used for balancing and isn't even pretending to be canon accurate.

    Maybe. But take swinging a golf club for example, the longest hitters aren't the biggest, they're the ones who swing the fastest.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    speed wouldn't matter as much as the force behind the swing, but regardless, lightsabers would cut through pretty much anything like butter, with certain exceptions.

    As far as in game it is just something they used for balancing and isn't even pretending to be canon accurate.

    Maybe. But take swinging a golf club for example, the longest hitters aren't the biggest, they're the ones who swing the fastest.

    Different sort of thing. A slow heavy strike will generally deal more damage than a fast light strike.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Ye i know its not tech cannon because disney cut of star wars balls with mickey mouse. But for all sake i do not care- because if disney new series wants to survive they need to go another direction. Since well the new movies were just garbage.

    Moving back makes more sense then forward at this case.

    I WANT A DARTH REVAN MOVIE. MAKE IT HAPPEN lol
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Ye i know its not tech cannon because disney cut of star wars balls with mickey mouse. But for all sake i do not care- because if disney new series wants to survive they need to go another direction. Since well the new movies were just garbage.

    Moving back makes more sense then forward at this case.

    I WANT A DARTH REVAN MOVIE. MAKE IT HAPPEN lol

    This thread isn't about the ST.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I mean just think about it logically. Every saber user is swinging a laser sword, so why should laser swords do different damage. I guess if you look at it from a physics standpoint the people who swing faster should do more damage, but the hero with the fastest swing speed (Maul) does the least damage! Why do sabers deal different damage?

    Logically speaking, yes you are totally right, and it is a really valid point I had never considered. But in the movies, it is different every time. Obi Wan chops an alien's arm off in A New Hope, but isn't there a bit where Vader gets a hit on the arm from Luke and it does nothing? Plus when Luke is really going for Vader in ROTJ, his Light Sabre doesnt slice through railings, but Rey slices a rock in half no problem.
  • I mean just think about it logically. Every saber user is swinging a laser sword, so why should laser swords do different damage. I guess if you look at it from a physics standpoint the people who swing faster should do more damage, but the hero with the fastest swing speed (Maul) does the least damage! Why do sabers deal different damage?

    azk8qwd1l1xw.gif
  • I don't know, why are obiwans abilities broken?
  • I think Maul should do more damage though I agree.
  • "Laser sword" gave you away.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Lore wise you mean or game play?


    Not all crystals are made equal and not all of them are equally powerful. It depends on how much force power is put into the crystal.

    Which is why sith are stronger they forged their crystals rather then harvesting.


    Strength wise the list is as followed by lore at least:

    Purple: purple were red crystals created by empire and then infused to show that the wielder understood power of the light to be as strong as dark side, so it had damage of both. They do most damage

    Red: Red crystals for sith were infused and supercharged to do massive damage.

    Green (Luke exclusively): since it’s a sith crystal that was imbued with light side power

    Black/Red: Not much lore wise but in swtor said to be stronger

    Margenta-pink: not much said lore wise but in swtor listed as such

    Yellow: Yellow crystals often of the Jedi shadows were imbued to dark side from time to time, to make it possible to deflect force choke. But are fairly weak

    Green: most common crystals, generally only used to train weaklings (padawons because they barely burned enemy when hit)

    Blue: blue was colour of Jedi guardian because guardians fought against gunfire. So they did not need to do a lot of damage, but deflect well.

    Youre lightsaber lore is almost completely 100% wrong.

    For a start the sith dont synthesise their crystals. They get a kyber crystal and they use the dark side to make the crystal bleed turning it red.

    While green is common it wasnt a padawan colour... yoda has a green saber for christs sake. Green is the colour for the wisest jedi around.

    The colour of the crystal isnt related to the power of the saber. The ability and will of the force user weilding the lightsaber will influence the crystals colour when the saber is created.

    All crystals are plain until they become part of the lightsaber and accepts the force user and their personality etc. Then the crystal becomes the colour that befits the force user.

    Know your lightsaber lore.
  • For gameplay reason. Although idk why rey has the fastest swings in the game & does 115 while maul is close to having a similar swing speed & does 100

  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Lore wise you mean or game play?


    Not all crystals are made equal and not all of them are equally powerful. It depends on how much force power is put into the crystal.

    Which is why sith are stronger they forged their crystals rather then harvesting.


    Strength wise the list is as followed by lore at least:

    Purple: purple were red crystals created by empire and then infused to show that the wielder understood power of the light to be as strong as dark side, so it had damage of both. They do most damage

    Red: Red crystals for sith were infused and supercharged to do massive damage.

    Green (Luke exclusively): since it’s a sith crystal that was imbued with light side power

    Black/Red: Not much lore wise but in swtor said to be stronger

    Margenta-pink: not much said lore wise but in swtor listed as such

    Yellow: Yellow crystals often of the Jedi shadows were imbued to dark side from time to time, to make it possible to deflect force choke. But are fairly weak

    Green: most common crystals, generally only used to train weaklings (padawons because they barely burned enemy when hit)

    Blue: blue was colour of Jedi guardian because guardians fought against gunfire. So they did not need to do a lot of damage, but deflect well.

    Youre lightsaber lore is almost completely 100% wrong.

    For a start the sith dont synthesise their crystals. They get a kyber crystal and they use the dark side to make the crystal bleed turning it red.

    While green is common it wasnt a padawan colour... yoda has a green saber for christs sake. Green is the colour for the wisest jedi around.

    The colour of the crystal isnt related to the power of the saber. The ability and will of the force user weilding the lightsaber will influence the crystals colour when the saber is created.

    All crystals are plain until they become part of the lightsaber and accepts the force user and their personality etc. Then the crystal becomes the colour that befits the force user.

    Know your lightsaber lore.



    I not gonna argue because you don’t know what you talking about. Yes they are grown. Read the comics. Plap destroys all natural supplies of kyber crystals and has them grown in laboratory.


    Read the lore then come back not go argue with a fool
Sign In or Register to comment.