criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why are lightsaber users rewarded for spamming?

Prev13
Thechosen1_anakin
1862 posts Member
edited December 6
Title. You guys catered to the casuals who complained that they couldn't beat Finn in a fight so annoying how lightsabers maul in particular can spam swing without consequence. Where as it took some skill pre nerfing of the roll

Replies

• AVGN
    418 posts Member
    You're joking...
    Spam roll forwards, never backwards... pop them in the head from the back... i'll keep a log of all the saber heroes i kill with Officers and Han...
    What were they thinking?
    ij4u9kqox4ip.gif
  • AVGN
    418 posts Member
    Oh... wait a minute. Troll post? I don't know, i'm drunk, haha. Sorry.
    What were they thinking?
    ij4u9kqox4ip.gif
  • This must be a console issue, saber hero on PC is essentially a free kill. Auto respawn is more useful
  • AVGN
    418 posts Member
    This must be a console issue, saber hero on PC is essentially a free kill. Auto respawn is more useful

I'm on console and this is not an issue...
    What were they thinking?
    ij4u9kqox4ip.gif
  • Dash
    11070 posts Member
    edited December 7
    This must be a console issue, saber hero on PC is essentially a free kill. Auto respawn is more useful

👆This.

If you spam swing as a saber Hero/Villain on PC, you’re as good as dead with enemy Blaster Villains around. They will shred you up. Even troopers on PC will make you suffer. Idk about console target acquisition, but saber spam is a big no no on PC. Same for Block spamming too. If the enemies notice what you’re doing, and they’re competent, they’ll switch to a Blaster hero to counter that nonsense immediately. And stinger pistols, don’t forget about the Stinger pistols. :naughty:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• TastyNoob
    30 posts Member
    edited December 7
    AVGN wrote: »
    You're joking...
    Spam roll forwards, never backwards... pop them in the head from the back... i'll keep a log of all the saber heroes i kill with Officers and Han...

Roll backwards whenever they are behind you
    Basically however they are facing you, roll towards them
  • AVGN wrote: »

Must be a non-issue all round...seeing a trend in topics started by this user of late
  • OcDoc
    449 posts Member
    Rule 1 to good saber play...

Don’t spam the melee, you will just swing around getting shot at and won’t make it long before your demise.

Must be a non-issue all round...seeing a trend in topics started by this user of late

Nah pro battlefront player & during the old patch what was 1.2 you couldn't spam without being severely punished. You could roll backwards & not be tracked by sabers. You're rewarded for spamming more than anything. It's am observation more than anything
  • OcDoc wrote: »

Don’t spam the melee, you will just swing around getting shot at and won’t make it long before your demise.

Idk if you read the topic but i didn't say I spam know read carefully before you comment please
  • TastyNoob wrote: »
    AVGN wrote: »
    You're joking...

Roll backwards whenever they are behind you
    Basically however they are facing you, roll towards them

Rolling does nothing to veteran players I'm afraid
    You're joking...

Rolling does nothing to me or others who wait for the roll to end.

Nah pro battlefront player & during the old patch what was 1.2 you couldn't spam without being severely punished. You could roll backwards & not be tracked by sabers. You're rewarded for spamming more than anything. It's am observation more than anything

Your referring to yourself as a pro battlefront player? and are on console?.....well ok then. Back on topic, spam on PC is a non issue, since you will be shredded the second you come against an even half competent trooper let alone blaster hero.
  • OcDoc
    449 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

Idk if you read the topic but i didn't say I spam know read carefully before you comment please

I read it. It says, “title”. Then your post goes into a rambled few sentences that make little to no sense. The title was the only thing that made sense and your post pointed me to the title, so I addressed it.

Make sure your post is clear before you criticize my interpretation of it.

I read it. It says, “title”. Then your post goes into a rambled few sentences that make little to no sense. The title was the only thing that made sense and your post pointed me to the title, so I addressed it.

I think it made sense you just have to learn how to read
  • OcDoc
    449 posts Member

Dude. I am a doctor. I can read just fine. Check yourself.

Weird flex but ok
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

• "This is turning into a bloodbath!"
    ~Resistance leader that everyone dislikes
    giphy.gif

“Pessimism never won any battle.”
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Which Doctor?...
    MD=Me Doctor.

j/k

Which Doctor?...
    MD=Me Doctor.

j/k

Maybe DocOc was already taken.
    gmd6iujj8ba5.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    What’s worse: saber spam or your thread spam?

There’s always one consistent thing about your threads, you manage get around to talking about how good you are in each one.

Yawn
    Glad I’m not the only one who noticed this

There’s always one consistent thing about your threads, you manage get around to talking about how good you are in each one.

Yawn

Wouldn’t be to bad if the evidence given proved it to be true...alas
  • This one is actually valid right now. For whatever reason, you'll get staggered into and endless stunloop and can't roll out of it, like you could after 1 swing previously. Even the dodge detection has gotten, dare I say it, even sloppier.

But then, I've always been in favour of returning the dodgeroll back to launch-tier.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif

Yawn

Lmao nah there's a lot of people who constantly say git gud so i just back it up were others can't

Yawn

Well I've never been called a bad player by anyone soooooo
  • NomiSunstrider
    1361 posts Member
    edited December 7
    Piscettios wrote: »

Yawn

Come play with me ;)

Well if you're good at the game why should they call you a baddie.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Yawn

Come play with me ;)

Lmao aren't you on pc
  • NomiSunstrider
    1361 posts Member
    edited December 7

Yawn

Come play with me ;)

Lmao aren't you on pc

Yeah I thought you have both Pc and Ps4 accounts.

If you have you can add me I like playing with forum members.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Yawn

Come play with me ;)

Lmao aren't you on pc

Oh I thought you just had a pc. My psn is mvp8243. Feel free to add me. I also don't have a pc

Yawn

Come play with me ;)

Lmao aren't you on pc

Oh I thought you just had a pc. My psn is mvp8243. Feel free to add me. I also don't have a pc

I only have a Pc lol. Oh well nvm then xD
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Dash
    11070 posts Member
    edited December 7

Yawn

Come play with me ;)

Lmao aren't you on pc

@NomiSunstrider , I will protect you in battle! :sunglasses:

💪

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• Dash wrote: »

Yawn

Come play with me ;)

Lmao aren't you on pc

💪

Who needs a Bodyguard starcard when you are around :D
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Yawn

Come play with me ;)

Lmao aren't you on pc

💪

y4gsml4zpi7f.gif
  • Dash
    11070 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »

Yawn

Come play with me ;)

Lmao aren't you on pc

💪

“I am the Bodyguard Star Card”!!! 💪

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

Dash wrote: »

Yawn

Come play with me ;)

Lmao aren't you on pc

💪

“I am the Bodyguard Star Card”!!! 💪

f4baii6938gg.gif
  • 2 cents.
    • Game runs 100x better on PC than it does Consoles.
    • Keyboard and Mouse makes Blasters/Blaster heroes easier to play.
    • Many won't agree, consoles take more skill to be good, but there are less skilled players due to controller. So steam rolls are more frequent.
    • I have 0 trust on computer when playing. Even the short times I have played and played with @Dash
    • we have ran into exploiters and hackers. Smart cheaters will not make it super obvious and just seems like they have a slight edge on you. seen this in streams etc all the time.

"I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Lol they should make battlefront cross-platform I can easily handle anyone on PC wouldn't be hard to keep up with the god they all hail as there lord and savior the mouse and keyboard with my 100 sensitivity on my controller.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Lol they should make battlefront cross-platform I can easily handle anyone on PC wouldn't be hard to keep up with the god they all hail as there lord and savior the mouse and keyboard with my 100 sensitivity on my controller.

No you can't, you will not be keeping up with KB&M.

I play on 90% sensitivity and it's still 1000% easier to shoot with KB&M. It's vastly superior than controllers.

PS4 EventHorizonOH
    Lol they should make battlefront cross-platform I can easily handle anyone on PC wouldn't be hard to keep up with the god they all hail as there lord and savior the mouse and keyboard with my 100 sensitivity on my controller.

You're joking right.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

I play on 90% sensitivity and it's still 1000% easier to shoot with KB&M. It's vastly superior than controllers.

I never understood what the big deal is outside of sensitivity I play better with a controller then I do KB&M (going to use that now) its to the point were im thinking about getting a controller for my computer maybe im just not good with KB&M.
  • either way I still say my skill level and game knowledge would easily make up for any difference between KB&M and a controller.
  • Me when a pc v console debate starts

icc37fncaksq.gif
    either way I still say my skill level and game knowledge would easily make up for any difference between KB&M and a controller.

Unit you're a good player, which means you would preform on Computer also. As I did. When you're good you're good. when you're bad, on console, KB&M can make up for a lot on computer, I mean a lot. Which is why there are a "lot more" better players on computer than consoles. Skill gap is easier on computer.

PS4 EventHorizonOH
    either way I still say my skill level and game knowledge would easily make up for any difference between KB&M and a controller.

c71o3amvun7d.gif

How good do you think you are son? I agree it takes more skill to be good on console but I still don’t think you could be as good as a great pc player bc the “skill ceiling” for aiming is higher on PC.
  • BucksawBoushh
    2182 posts Member
    edited December 7
    unit900000 wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »

I never understood what the big deal is outside of sensitivity I play better with a controller then I do KB&M (going to use that now) its to the point were im thinking about getting a controller for my computer maybe im just not good with KB&M.

Do you use a M&K on console?

Edit: Missed your earlier posts. People that use M&K on console need to, dare I say it, not do that.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • TheUltimateHope
    429 posts Member
    edited December 7
    I have played for a long time with a controller on PC before switching to the Mouse and KB, never felt disadvantaged a single time in any gamemode. And i know people who still play with controllers and have no issue. So i invite any console player to come on PC with their usual controller, if you're good on console you're going to be good on PC, i don't buy any of these PC stories for kids.