criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Royal Guards

Royal Guards are a must have for any star wars game, but they sadly aren’t in battlefront 2, would it be too difficult to port their model in, take the t21 out of the campaign and give them some abilities?
th1t3mn151el.gif

"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
-Lego Yoda

Replies

• Royal Guards are a must have for any star wars game, but they sadly aren’t in battlefront 2, would it be too difficult to port their model in, take the t21 out of the campaign and give them some abilities?

While I agree with the sentiment that they are cool, I disagree that they are a must have for a Star Wars game... in fact I am having difficulty remembering a single Star Wars game I played where they were playable... and I've been playing Star Wars games since Dark Forces (I have skipped a lot, but I have played a lot as well). How many Star Wars games have had them as playable? It can't be many...
  • Kir_Kanos123
    4 posts Member
    edited November 12
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

I disagree that they are a must have for a Star Wars game... in fact I am having difficulty remembering a single Star Wars game I played where they were playable... and I've been playing Star Wars games since Dark Forces (I have skipped a lot, but I have played a lot as well). How many Star Wars games have had them as playable? It can't be many...

That’s exactly why they should be in the game, in my opinion.
  • We need that melee class.
  • Yep they need to bring back squad based perks and incentive game play via guard squads.

Leia and a lot of blaster heroes need buffs and this could help. One buff could be adding reinforcements to the game that only spawn when those characters are in the game. Whenever those specific guards are near their hero character they must guard, then both players get a buff or at least the reinforcement characters get a buff to incentivize guarding the hero.

They need bring in:
    • royal guards for leia.....only spawn when leia is in game.
    • Imperial royal guard...... only when emperor is in the game.
    • Praetorian guard only when kylo is in the game
    • magnaguard for grievous and dooku maybe.
    • Bespin wing guard for Lando

Could do other guard for other characters this is just some ideas. Agree that these would primarily be melee class guards.
  • 100% the look,the style,iconic. Why they haven't been added is beyond me. I really hope they put half of the effort into the OT that they did for the clone wars. So much is missing, and the Emperor's guards are on the top of my list
  • I miss spawning in on the Emperor with my red suited Royal Guard with T-21, homing torpedo and rocket launcher. Great fun and actually felt unique too, not just in looks.