criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

BFV Impressions - Worth it with new deal? or back to BF1

stevenomes
4640 posts Member
edited December 2018
Those who own bf5, is it worth buying at this point for $30? I saw they are doing some promotion for owner of bf1 if you select through the game you can upgrade to bf5 for $30. I wasnt on it for full price but may be interested at a discount.

I played bf1 an got season pass but never got too far with it. there was soooooo much content and I played kind of casually. was fun but not something I played every day. But it was a cool game and i may be willing to give it another shot if it's still alive on ps4. If have to download bf1 again which is 100GB and then download bf5 which would likely mean I have to delete a few games to create space. has it been worth it so far or better to wait until there is more meat or a bigger discount? If not, is BF1 still able to find games at peak time on ps4?
Post edited by stevenomes on

Replies

• I don't have the full game but I did play the beta, and it's my second favorite Battlefield in the series. Despite what people say, it feels much different than Battlefield 1. The gameplay felt very smooth and it was overall very fun. The live service also looks enticing so I hope to be getting the game soon.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • Assassino37
    1100 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I played the beta and while I was really liking all the new changes, the core gameplay and maps, I was one of many who were skeptical they could ever finish the game in time for launch considering how many bugs and glitches there were. It honestly felt more like a alpha than a beta.

I ended up getting the special edition console during the black friday sale and I'm so happy I did. They honestly pulled it off and the game plays great. I'm loving it and finding it really hard to put down at night and go to bed. It's very different from BF1 with the faster time to kill and attrition which makes the battles so much more intense when ammo and your life means so much more. The maps have great flow and feel good playing, too. Guns are different, more customization and all DLC being free are among other changes. There are still a couple of bugs but nothing major that I have seen so far. $30 is definitely worth the price in my opinion.

With that said, since they are both pretty different, BF1 is still more than worth playing. I'm sure it still has a good sized player base to continue playing.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • I downloaded bf1 last night on my other harddrive so I'll play a few games see if it still has that spark. if I like I may check into bf5 for half price. I imagine it will only get better over time. probably more complete early next year. sad for those who bought at launch at full price assuming it would be a full game.
  • Bf 5 anyday over bf1. I’m not normally a battlefield guy, I’ve always been cod guy and this is the best playing battlefield game I’ve ever played as far as gameplay goes. It plays fast and tight with great maps. Definitely worth it imo.
  • Well they just made a HUGE change and everyone is angry. I have no idea who asked for it but they increased the TTK, and it kinda threw the whole atmosphere off. Close range it feels a little more balanced but honestly mid-long range is a joke now for most of the weapons. Countless hit-markers and no kill nonsense once again. :-/
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • I think core conquest is the fast ttk mode now.
  • Well they just made a HUGE change and everyone is angry. I have no idea who asked for it but they increased the TTK, and it kinda threw the whole atmosphere off. Close range it feels a little more balanced but honestly mid-long range is a joke now for most of the weapons. Countless hit-markers and no kill nonsense once again. :-/
    Lol yeah the entire Battlefield V subreddit just went into chaos
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • From what I read at least they said it was a test and nothing is permanent, so the game kinda just turned into a beta again (albeit a very well working one). I hope they don't make this "testing" last forever now that the game is released. Kinda crazy on their part however this IS EA, the shareholders were probably not happy with the numbers and made them keeping every last player a priority, even those who may only play once every couple of weeks. They rather have that then the player never playing again after the first time.

Sorry if I seem brash but I'm a bit irritated about it all. Casual players are fine of course but I never expected Battlefield to cater to anyone. It was always you put the time and effort into the game and got better, or didn't. CoD's calling card was building entire games based on the most casual players to even playing fields which got way too obnoxious. Never thought Battlefield would go this route.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    I'm holding off on BFV, not even a month in, 50% off, a big, possibly major, ttk change.

I generally like the mechanics in the beta, though felt the maps were empty. I just don't have any faith that they will be the same in the next few months and don't want to get a game for mechanics I like now, that aren't popular with the game ruiners, and have them overhauled on me.

TTK 2.0 on battlefield 1 killed the aggressive scout, which was my fav way to play, and felt WW1-ish. Now it is smg/ lmg spam everywhere.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Don't buy it new, buy it used instead. Buying the game new is supporting EA, which has been very anti consumer recently.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • I got it for $30. Seems decent so far. I was never great at bf1 but I'm enjoying the difference in this game. well see how long it lasts.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    I got it for $30. Seems decent so far. I was never great at bf1 but I'm enjoying the difference in this game. well see how long it lasts.

30 bucks on ps4? That sounds like the droids I'm looking for. Also thanks for the thread Steve and other posters. I'm sitting on the fence myself about purchasing it.