criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How About Doing Skins By Community Request?

Prev1
@F8RGE

Just curious as to your thoughts on this. How about doing skins by community request? For example, every 2 weeks or so DICE put out a list of 5 (ish) hero skins and allow the community to vote on which one gets made? This wouldn't have to be exclusive to hero skins and also wouldn't be in place of more significant skin releases with specific "Seasons" or content drops.

I personally feel this would be a more than decent way to get us, the players and the Battlefront community, more involved. This would also give us something to consistently look forward to without taking too much development time away from the more crucial parts of the game.

Also, I would have each batch of skins dedicated to a specific era so that the attention is spread out evenly between the PT, OT and ST.

Any thoughts?
PSN: BucksawBoushh

Replies

• Roger Roger, that would be great
  • Absolutely agree. This would increase the game’s chances of success with a huge amount.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Agreed. But I doubt it will happen as they only seem to be taking TCW requests currently
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • TheScape
    1878 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Dash wrote: »
    This is quite the important topic. And I do agree of all the posts we see daily, I would appreciate this one getting a response. Skins are sorely lacking for a multitude of heroes & villains alike. And this wouldn’t be a daunting task either. It would take time like all work, but it’s one important aspect of the game’s attractiveness to current players and future players in regards to interest and appeal.

A few things come to mind immediately starting with Old Luke. How is this not even a thing yet!? Seriously!? Bespin Luke!? [Legendary] Old Ben :wink: #DH!? Darth Maul with Droid legs!? Holiday Boba Fett!? Battle Damaged Vader!? General Leia (Older), Old Han!? Force Ghost Yoda!? I can quite Literally go on listing more.... There’s so much untapped potential. All of it leads to credits & dollars spent.

Dew it.

Not to mention that is going to give them more money through microtransactions, which in the long term is good for everyone.

EDIT: I didn't read that last sentence :D
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • WodiQuix
    4414 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Good idea! I have a lot of ideas! Granted, they're mostly for infantry.
  • @F8RGE @FireWall @Guillaume_Dice

Any thoughts on implement this?
  • @F8RGE

Just curious as to your thoughts on this. How about doing skins by community request? For example, every 2 weeks or so DICE put out a list of 5 (ish) hero skins and allow the community to vote on which one gets made? This wouldn't have to be exclusive to hero skins and also wouldn't be in place of more significant skin releases with specific "Seasons" or content drops.

I personally feel this would be a more than decent way to get us, the players and the Battlefront community, more involved. This would also give us something to consistently look forward to without taking too much development time away from the more crucial parts of the game.

Also, I would have each batch of skins dedicated to a specific era so that the attention is spread out evenly between the PT, OT and ST.

Any thoughts?

It's a good idea, but it takes 2 weeks just to get patches approved by Sony and Microsoft so having new skins every 2 weeks isn't likely because of that plus it likely takes a lot longer than 2 weeks to develop a skin, even for simple ones for troopers.
    Secondly, what happens if a skin that wins a public vote ends up being difficult to develop and requiring more time or not possible to develop at all? A lot of people wanted a cloaked Grievous skin, which would be a serious contender and likely winner in a public vote, but DICE have said that it can't work and so we won't be getting it. Perhaps it would be better if DICE develop the skins before going to a vote and then have players decide which one they want first, then release them in the order of 1st to 5th, or however many they have in the vote.
    Again, good idea to get the community involved, but probably not deliverable in that timeframe and DICE would need to be sure they can make the skin and in relatively quick order.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • @F8RGE

Any thoughts?

It's a good idea, but it takes 2 weeks just to get patches approved by Sony and Microsoft so having new skins every 2 weeks isn't likely because of that plus it likely takes a lot longer than 2 weeks to develop a skin, even for simple ones for troopers.
    Secondly, what happens if a skin that wins a public vote ends up being difficult to develop and requiring more time or not possible to develop at all? A lot of people wanted a cloaked Grievous skin, which would be a serious contender and likely winner in a public vote, but DICE have said that it can't work and so we won't be getting it. Perhaps it would be better if DICE develop the skins before going to a vote and then have players decide which one they want first, then release them in the order of 1st to 5th, or however many they have in the vote.
    Again, good idea to get the community involved, but probably not deliverable in that timeframe and DICE would need to be sure they can make the skin and in relatively quick order.

2, 3, 4 weeks. Whatever. That’s up to them as they’re the ones developing the skin.

In terms of the specific skins, that’s also up to their discretion. They wouldn’t allow a vote on skins that they couldn’t deliver.

It’s just a skin. There shouldn’t be that many (if any) surprises during development.
  • @F8RGE

Any thoughts?

2, 3, 4 weeks. Whatever. That’s up to them as they’re the ones developing the skin.

In terms of the specific skins, that’s also up to their discretion. They wouldn’t allow a vote on skins that they couldn’t deliver.

It’s just a skin. There shouldn’t be that many (if any) surprises during development.

I think the surprise factor is the best thing about it. To make an announcement of, "New Luke Skin", is better than, "Luke ANH Skin", because whilst it would be nice to know the exact thing we're getting, I like the guesswork and speculation as it does far more to keep people interested than knowing exactly what we're getting.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • @F8RGE

Any thoughts?

I think the surprise factor is the best thing about it. To make an announcement of, "New Luke Skin", is better than, "Luke ANH Skin", because whilst it would be nice to know the exact thing we're getting, I like the guesswork and speculation as it does far more to keep people interested than knowing exactly what we're getting.

To each their own. I much prefer the idea of knowing what we’re getting and when. A system like this would also hopefully keep skins consistently being added.
  • @F8RGE

Any thoughts?

To each their own. I much prefer the idea of knowing what we’re getting and when. A system like this would also hopefully keep skins consistently being added.

But still, modes > everything else.
    My Concepts
  • DarthLando
    742 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It’s a cool idea, albeit I don’t think it’d ever happen. Especially not in 2 week increments.

At best I could maybe see EA doing it one time
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    I will send this suggestion through to the team, I personally feel like it is a brilliant idea and would give the community more of a vote in 'what happens next' although it is also important to remember that there are limitations and challenges such as timeframes and approvals from within DICE etc.

It would be a great little mini-event where the community can decide what sort of direction to go though.

Will see with the team!

Thanks!
  • imagine all the luke skins cha-ching >:)
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
    I will send this suggestion through to the team, I personally feel like it is a brilliant idea and would give the community more of a vote in 'what happens next' although it is also important to remember that there are limitations and challenges such as timeframes and approvals from within DICE etc.

It would be a great little mini-event where the community can decide what sort of direction to go though.

Will see with the team!

i love democracy
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Dash
    11474 posts Member
    T0TALfps wrote: »

Will see with the team!

7j67qnh97hl0.jpeg
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Will see with the team!

Someone just got an Awesome. Thank you.
  • As has be mentioned before, an in game poll would be a better way of gathering information on this and other topics.
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes! I want the Raimi Suit!i

EDIT: sorry wrong forum
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • shutpath_xbox
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @F8RGE

Any thoughts?

DEW IT!
    I want Jango Fett!!!

[Edited caps]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • Very cool!
    But not only for heroes. I'd also like to see Shock Trooper and Shoretrooper appearances for OT era.
    :-)
  • The community here is pretty legit. Slightly less toxic than reddit HUEHUEHUE
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks to t0tal for responding! But I would also worry that the vocal TCW fans would take this over - they would want a random clone skin over Bespin Luke for example
  • gibran5000
    75 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    luke needs skins more than anyone in the game imo. here are a few and one kenobi i think would be cool

atvyuic6wkfl.jpg

r5bbm4zc965n.jpg

5mq0nhl8mvqd.jpg

bnwwm96hq5qu.jpg

Post edited by gibran5000 on
  • DCDT
    115 posts Member
    You know what? I would even accept a small fee (maybe 5 crystals) as an anti-cheat protection.

Will see with the team!

6ha56c82kerl.gif
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Thanks to t0tal for responding! But I would also worry that the vocal TCW fans would take this over - they would want a random clone skin over Bespin Luke for example

Fully agree. That’s why having the skin bunches for specific eras is crucial. One week it’s all OT skins we’re choosing from, next PT or ST. That way the eras aren’t competing against each other and they all get equal attention. It’s the only way it would work.

Sounds great, you have my love and support as always :wink:
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

Fully agree. That’s why having the skin bunches for specific eras is crucial. One week it’s all OT skins we’re choosing from, next PT or ST. That way the eras aren’t competing against each other and they all get equal attention. It’s the only way it would work.

Sounds great, you have my love and support as always :wink:

zo5vk8of2tzf.jpeg
  • Shore troopers

Clone wars dark saber maul
  • Gender select

Skin selector in arcade
  • Starwarsfanboosk_com
    1142 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    wclarniab6ta.jpg

The hero skins I want the most in one picture (Pilot Luke missing)

Thank you @ross42899 very cool
  • @ross42899

Very nice. Only skin I wouldn’t want of that lot is BD Vader.

Two I really want are red robed Palpatine and Kylo with mask and no hood.
  • Id rather not have a trash vote system and potentially miss out on great skins just prioritise the winners but make them all
  • still hoping to see an Old Luke skin in 2019.
  • This would be a great way to start 2019.
  • Man, Gotta add some skins suggestions to this topic sometime.
  • Id rather not have a trash vote system and potentially miss out on great skins just prioritise the winners but make them all

As much as I would love to have every single one of them, going off of past experience, we just won’t get them all. I mean, we still don’t have Luke sans glove or infantry skins that are in the Campaign. If this system was consistent and we got a skin every 3 weeks I would be stoked.