criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Life Day Event

2Next

Replies

• Honestly I have found I dislike the event. I have barely been able to play a hero in galactic assault. Multiple times I have been in the top 3 players in games and never had a chance to get a hero. If you want to discount the cost for everyone fine, but make all heroes after the 2nd or third spawn full price so they are not monopolized by other players camping in the respawn room. Kinda makes one angry to get over 25k in points in a game and not and not given one chance at an elite.
  • Honestly I have found I dislike the event. I have barely been able to play a hero in galactic assault. Multiple times I have been in the top 3 players in games and never had a chance to get a hero. If you want to discount the cost for everyone fine, but make all heroes after the 2nd or third spawn full price so they are not monopolized by other players camping in the respawn room. Kinda makes one angry to get over 25k in points in a game and not and not given one chance at an elite.

To be fair if u got them and used them rather than hide at the back, you didn't level them up much, as you got a right kicking and didn't last long, i think as part of the mayhem every one just went to kill any hero who dared show their face, which is different to normal play. I think the mayhem just ensued and nobody really gave a thought to it, and abandoned caution.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Honestly I have found I dislike the event. I have barely been able to play a hero in galactic assault. Multiple times I have been in the top 3 players in games and never had a chance to get a hero. If you want to discount the cost for everyone fine, but make all heroes after the 2nd or third spawn full price so they are not monopolized by other players camping in the respawn room. Kinda makes one angry to get over 25k in points in a game and not and not given one chance at an elite.

To be fair if u got them and used them rather than hide at the back, you didn't level them up much, as you got a right kicking and didn't last long, i think as part of the mayhem every one just went to kill any hero who dared show their face, which is different to normal play. I think the mayhem just ensued and nobody really gave a thought to it, and abandoned caution.

Yeah it's like Starfighter Assault. People see Slave 1 or the Falcon and everyone stops what they're doing and proceeds to go about murdering them.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    jonci wrote: »
    Honestly I have found I dislike the event. I have barely been able to play a hero in galactic assault. Multiple times I have been in the top 3 players in games and never had a chance to get a hero. If you want to discount the cost for everyone fine, but make all heroes after the 2nd or third spawn full price so they are not monopolized by other players camping in the respawn room. Kinda makes one angry to get over 25k in points in a game and not and not given one chance at an elite.

Yeah it's like Starfighter Assault. People see Slave 1 or the Falcon and everyone stops what they're doing and proceeds to go about murdering them.

I'm guilty of that. It's almost impossible to not do it once you notice them, but I will only do that if I am defending or mostly against the Slave 1 if attacking, because if left unchecked it can do a lot of damage to the ticket number with a careless team. After tossing the seismic charge, the ship is usually vulnerable and has to go on the run if nobody defends it.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Is this still going on? Have not played for a few days due to the lag and playing the same maps over and over again is getting boring. It looks like the lag is still a problem as I see new threads about it.
  • IronSoldier
    3219 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Is this still going on? Have not played for a few days due to the lag and playing the same maps over and over again is getting boring. It looks like the lag is still a problem as I see new threads about it.

Yes :) Until the 27th.
  • Is this still going on? Have not played for a few days due to the lag and playing the same maps over and over again is getting boring. It looks like the lag is still a problem as I see new threads about it.

...yes lag until the 27th and beyond

Thank you. Will try it tonight.
  • Variety is the spice of life.

Variety of new maps yes
  • Uncle_Ruckus02
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Did'nt all the people who wanted to level up Heroes use the Glitch Gift ? Hasn't the horse left the stable?

No cause they were too selfish to level me up😡
  • Did'nt all the people who wanted to level up Heroes use the Glitch Gift ? Hasn't the horse left the stable?

No cause they were too selfish to level me up😡

Some of us didn't do it because it doesn't feel like it is in the spirit of the game. It takes a hero out of the game so the other people on your team cannot use that hero or the slot either and if people are spawning on that hero it takes more players out of the game.

A friend of mine got really annoyed about this and let the person doing it know and got chat banned for a couple of weeks. He was pretty annoyed because, as he put it ( and I agree ), he was defending the integrity of the game.

It's also worth noting that if you just level up the hero that quickly, you get no feel for how to play them. The learning curve is pretty useful to get some idea of what the character can and cannot do. I guess some players are just so good they don't need to worry about that but for a lot of people they are going to end up with Level 40 heroes which they'll play like something twenty or more levels lower.
  • Happy Life Day!
    Add more Extraction maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Not sure if I ever received 1.5xp but not working today and not working the last time I was playing. HvH