criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The past year of BFII has basically felt like a BETA

Everything in the game added, changed, and improved so far feels like it should've been in the game since launch. I think we can all agree it's disappointing that this wasn't the case and has taken so long to get to where we are already, especially when the game has so much potential and is beautiful visually.

tenor.gif?itemid=12393901

But it's also great in seeing the game finally heading in the right direction and gaining increased support / positive feedback in bringing back players, as well as new ones. The game definitely feels "revived" as a sort of second release.

There's still plenty of essential content that needs to find its way into the game, and still feel like content will trickle in next year but without the delays this year brought. Keep up the solid work and communication, devs. Just gotta be more effective in preventing ridiculous bugs / glitches.

Don't see why players / friends of players shouldn't get back onto this game if you / your friends haven't played it since release or like 6 months, etc. You'd be a fool not to buy it / recommend it considering how gutted the price of the game has become (might be even lower come Christmas time lol). Let's see what 2019 brings.

giphy.gif?****=19f5b51a5c11bd563042744767e85463

Off topic:
tenor.gif?itemid=6055762

Anyone keen for Crash Team Racing?
"DEW IT."
p1jlhhgtai3b.png
"I am the Senate."

Replies

• gibran5000
    75 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    i posted about this awhile back and i believe your title is still the case. its just open beta now and we are all the testers. their art team is great but, im not sold on the rest of the team over there. in my experience with this game over the last year, id have to say they still need to step it up because they continue to make terrible decisions concerning the game and their track record with bug fixes is almost non-existent. i do agree that it seems like they are beginning to begin to move in the right direction on some things though. maybe its all a little too late though cause they had a great opportunity to revitalize the game with the drop of the heroes and geonosis. i think they dropped the ball on that a bit because they havent addressed all the bugs (even with the newly released heroes). i just know players arent going to sit around and wait for something like fixes and content when there are so many different options out there.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Hey as long as the content keeps a flowing, I'll beta test this **** for years to come. DICE is swell

If they deliver content next year that's vital for the game then it'll have plenty of years ahead of it
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • It’s definitely in a better place, but it’s still too early to say whether or not it’s been revived.

It all comes down to consistency of of content and what sort of content they’re adding.

If we see “Saber Combat Changes” and “Emote Wheel” as significant bullet points on our next Road Map, then I will be justifiably worried.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Draco_RSA
    377 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    "Don't see why players / friends of players shouldn't get back onto this game if you / your friends haven't played it since release or like 6 months, etc. You'd be a fool not to buy it / recommend it considering how gutted the price of the game has become (might be even lower come Christmas time lol). Let's see what 2019 brings."

My friends stopped playing as the local server in South Africa was deleted during match making improvements and adjustments by the devs. I can't recommend they play on the closest server which is germany with a latency of 200ms+. The lag is unreal. I still play as I love the game but it really **** me off that they removed our local server.

• I always said this game needed another year in development. But because of the movies and Battlefield it had to be released earlier than it should have been.

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Where the hell are new Trooper weapons? I'm tired of waiting.

But, then again, DICE most likely lied about adding them in.
  • DarthJ
    6331 posts Member
    It’s definitely in a better place, but it’s still too early to say whether or not it’s been revived.

It all comes down to consistency of of content and what sort of content they’re adding.

If we see “Saber Combat Changes” and “Emote Wheel” as significant bullet points on our next Road Map, then I will be justifiably worried.

This. Next roadmap after Anakin and Dooku will be make or break.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    It’s definitely in a better place, but it’s still too early to say whether or not it’s been revived.

They need to start revealing more on the roadmaps
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I think the reason most people left is bc of how unbalanced and casual the game is. A lot of people now want at least a semi-competitive mode and even private matches. The fact that EA doesn’t even have stats in the game shows you how casual they made the game and so bad players don’t feel bad about their stats. But I hope you’re right and they add more content and people eventually come back and make it popular again like rainbow 6 siege
  • DarthJ wrote: »

They need to start revealing more on the roadmaps

They need to start revealing roadmaps... It was supposed to be a dynamic and monthly thing...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Not getting the revived feeling OP, I'm getting bored.
    Same maps.
    Same blasters/weapons.
    Same map design for most GA maps.
    Same map exploits.
    Same bugs.
    Same lack of balance.
    Same lack of communication.
    Same drip fed release of minimal content.
    This game had the potential to be the best game of 2018, instead, it is what it is. Will 2019 be better? Not from what has been communicated so far.
    If 2019 is going to be more of the same, then I'm not interested as emote wheels are not make or break for me.
    #StarWars-y
  • Xerogon wrote: »
    I think the reason most people left is bc of how unbalanced and casual the game is. A lot of people now want at least a semi-competitive mode and even private matches. The fact that EA doesn’t even have stats in the game shows you how casual they made the game and so bad players don’t feel bad about their stats. But I hope you’re right and they add more content and people eventually come back and make it popular again like rainbow 6 siege

People expect Battlefront to be casual. The original Pandemic games were very casual, and didn't even track stats. No one had a problem with it. You played Battlefront to have fun with Star Wars content in a fresh new way. Counter Strike, Socom, and Halo were around for competitive gaming.

I think people left because DICE decided to go in a very different direction than those old Battlefront games. Here we are still waiting on Conquest mode after 3 years and 2 games. In this regard, they have gone way too casual. They have chosen to feature linear, more simplistic modes like Galactic Assault. In an age of open world gaming, gamers aren't looking for that.

The loot box stink still hasn't completely left the game either.
  • I do agree this game feels like a beta or early access game. I keep checking back from time to time when some major content drops. Significant steps forward have certainly been made, but there's always some kind of frustrating aspect to it. The latest of course being the fact Geonosis is now buried in the normal Galactic Assault playlist. A server browser is desperately needed in this game.
  • I love this game but the MM killed it for me. If they improve that I'll be back for good. I will def be back when Anakin/Dooku drop, but not for a prolonged period.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • I love this game but the MM killed it for me. If they improve that I'll be back for good. I will def be back when Anakin/Dooku drop, but not for a prolonged period.

That's exactly why I stopped too. I don't want to slog through the same GA maps I got tired of all for a single Geonosis map. And if they don't give the new Conquest mode it's own playlist, I won't be on that long either.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    906 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Totally a Beta year. I beta tested so many BUGs and reported them. But many still haunt this game to this day, so have we moved on from the Beta stage already?

Here's the BUGs playlist on my channel:

Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • If people came back know the EoR and lag will drive them away again?
  • True.
    I was ready to give up on this game but these slight changes and content drops have ignited the spark of hope in me.

• What gets me is they ask for feedback, cause the feedback isn't what they want to hear they just ignore it, also how long it took to fix the exploit glitch is laughable, ark, fortnite and many other games have had 2 patches in 1 day, fortnite last month reacted to a YouTubers glitch within hours and disabled it. But yet a big company like ea/dice can't and make up excuses why they can't, the only excuse I see is there incompetent.
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    True.
    I was ready to give up on this game but these slight changes and content drops have ignited the spark of hope in me.

Reignited is definitely how the game feels now. I'm treating it as if the game just released, with content being given to us all throughout next year. As for 2020, maybe some patch updates to help polish off the game, but no more content. Just hope next year delivers.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    True.

Reignited is definitely how the game feels now. I'm treating it as if the game just released, with content being given to us all throughout next year. As for 2020, maybe some patch updates to help polish off the game, but no more content. Just hope next year delivers.

Me too. As far as I'm concerned it just launched and is going through some launch bugs. I'm holding out playing regularly until February. I'll then dive into the current content leading up to the new game mode. Can't wait for that!
  • BB9
    21 posts Member
    Outside of the graphics this is still a horrible game. It controls like garbage it feels like I'm walking in mud.
  • As much as I’d like to, I can’t pretend that it “just launched”. I’ve been playing on the same maps with the same blasters for almost 13 months now.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • As much as I’d like to, I can’t pretend that it “just launched”. I’ve been playing on the same maps with the same blasters for almost 13 months now.

Exactly why I haven't been playing this game much lol. I did that with the 2015 game, and got so fed up with the large maps in the game I didn't last past the Death Star DLC.

I purposefully made the decision I wouldn't burn out like that before they fixed this game. Then they announced the Clone Wars DLC with this new game mode at E3, so I tagged that as the time to play this game regularly.

I've been playing Planetside 2, Battlefield 4, Titanfall 2, Spider-man, etc. in the mean time.