criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Arcade Mode Offline Ways to Make it the Best Game Mode Ever Created, of All Time

Starmasui73146
1054 posts Member
edited December 2018
Arcade Mode Offline Ways to Make it the Best Game Mode Ever Created, of All Time
Tagliagole wrote: »
I am totally not interested in the multyplayer heroes vs villains because i play most of the time in custom arcade, and i think an hero showdown offline mode is what miss now... Why is not possible to make a lightsaber iconic fight vs the AI?

Developer said that AI is an hard task to make, due to the differences and the ability of different heroes, thei ssid that they won't make a mode where an hero fall from high grouds or a force push improprly use send the player out of the arena... BUT actually the multyplayer mode is exacly like this, and is also true that miss a one vs one matchup. Damn... Star wars is also this.... Luke and vader duel in the death star... And is stupid that no one search for something like this...

I hope dei make an AI mode fore heroes soon...

Sorry for my english

Tagliagole: Here is your original typed words put in a better grammatical format hopefully
Tagliagole wrote: »
I am totally not interested in the multiplayer “Heroes vs Villains” because I play most of the time in “Custom Arcade”, and I think a “Hero Showdown” Offline mode is what is missing now... Why is it not possible to make a lightsaber iconic fight vs the A.I.?

The Developers said that A.I. is a hard task to make, due to the differences and the ability of different heroes, they said that they won't make a mode where a Hero falls from high ground or a Force Push that is improperly used sending the player out of the arena... BUT actually the multyplayer mode is exacly like this, and it is also true that their missing one vs one matchups. D#$n... Star wars the films are like that.... Luke and Vader duel on the Death Star... And it’s stupid that no one searches for ways for something like this...

I hope they make an A.I. mode for heroes soon...

Agreed, I have been working out a solution to there dilemma and actually I believe I have several well conceived sollutions:

(1.) Solving the Developers Heroes and Villains A.I. Issues:

Problem: A.I. tends to use there ability and it sends them right over a cliff...example:
(1.) Rey’s strafing (7 paces) and “Dash Strike” (25 paces forward)
(2.) Darth Maul’s strafing (7 paces) and Spin Attack” (24 paces forward)
(3.) Luke Skywalker’s strafing (7 paces) and Rush” (9 paces forward)
(4.) Obi Wan Kenobi’s strafing (7 paces) and “Defensive Rush” (16 paces forward)
(5.) General Grievous’s strafing (7 paces) ,Claw Rush” (38 paces forward) and “Thrust Surge” (10 paces forward)
(6.) Chewbacca’s “Charge Slam” (28 paces forward)
(7.) Han Solo’s “Shoulder Charge” (25 paces forward)
(8.) Darth Sidious’s “*sideways slide” (7 paces) and “*Spiral Rush” (12 paces forward) *note- not one of his three actual abilities
(9.) Jump Troopers - strafing (19 paces sideways), “Jetpack Boast” (27 paces forward) and “Jetpack Dash” (14 paces forward)
(10.) Kylo Ren “Frenzy” (mild jump forward
(11.) Yoda’s “Dash Attack” (20 paces forward)
(12.) Bobba Fett- Strafing (7 paces sideways), Rocketing in all directions including up 80 paces
(13.) Captain Phasma 8’ sideways roll, 7’ forward roll and 7’ backward roll
(14.) Iden Versio 9 paces sideways roll 6 paces forward and 6 paces backwards roll

Soooooooo yeah that’s a lot of movement to keep track of, how to fix this?

Solution: Assign a specific route for the A.I. to travel and forbid them to exceed that boundary. In other words if using there special move would send them out of bounds the ability would NOT function. So basically a special program running along side the main Team Battle program designed to circumvent any boundary issues for A.I...Also same thing with Jump Troopers, this will prevent falling off ledges on Bespin. The Jump Troopers can go up on top of things...but just NOT if they have to travel over a drop off; if they’d have to travel over a drop off the attempt would be prevented.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Multiple Melees Causing enemy A.I. to go over edge.

Solution: Let the program know when it’s near dangerous edges. If the A.I. is to near an edge it will be prevented from doing multiple melees or just have it pause and change the melee angle to that of the enemy again instead of the edge.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Numerous abilities of different characters and when to tell them to use them

Solution: For this one I think the solution is to use the logic of the battle. Example:

Good Guy A.I. programming:

(1.) Chewbacca - Chewy generally functions best attacking if he attacks in this order-
a] First - “Furious Bowcaster”
b] Second- “Shock Grenade”
c] Third- Just keep firing
d.] Fourth- If enemy is right on you, A.I. should roll backwards, forwards or side to side to avoid being hit (use safe routes that the whole roll distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort) and do melees, also shoot it’s weapon.

(2.) Han Solo works best laying a trap.
a] First- “Detonite Charge” on a door or walkway, detonate when enemy walks through or by it
b] Second- “Sharp Shooter” activate when enemy is stunned
c] Third- just keep firing
d] Fourth- If enemy is right on you, A.I. should roll backwards, forwards or side to side to avoid being hit (use safe routes that the whole roll distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort) and do melees, also shoot it’s weapon.

(3.) Princess Leia - With Sith or a Dark Jedi a defensive posture (and at times) even retreating is necessary, shooting enemies at distance.
a] First- “Squad Shield” near a crossroads of many junctions to protect team
b] Second- “Flash Grenade” when enemy nears to blind them
c] Third- “Rapid Fire” on enemy (head shots) and then switch to secondary fire
d] Fourth- Keep taking advantage of Shield cover, A.I. on Bespin should prefer her to stay indoors away from ledges where she can be pushed. But let her venture out if not chased after say a few minutes.
e] Fifth- If enemy is right on you, A.I. should roll backwards, forwards or side to side to avoid being hit (use safe routes that the whole roll distance will NOT send her of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort) and do melees, also shoot it’s weapon.

(4.) Londo Calrissian
a] First- Run towards enemy yet keep a reasonable sniper distance away
b] Second- “Smoke Grenade” throw smoke to make it hard for the enemy to snipe you the A.I. hero
c] Third- “Sharp Shot” have the A.I. snip enemies through the scope with heat signature
d] Fourth- “Disabler” Place on the ground the shock trap that doubles as a scanner. When enemy is close have A.I. Londo activate “Sharp Shot” again then detonate the shock mine and open fire.
e] Fifth- If enemy is right on you, A.I. should roll backwards, forwards or side to side to avoid being hit (use safe routes that the whole roll distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort) and do melees, also shoot it’s weapon.
f] Sixth- repeat b through e to finish off the rest

(5.) Finn
a] First- Run towards enemy yet keep a reasonable sniper distance away or use “Undercover Team” to sprint faster and go into enemy territory unseen by radar
b] Second- “Dead Eye” an effective targeting system for ranged targets
c] Third- Get even closer strafing (zig zag) left to right, A.I. should use walls for cover
d] Fourth- “Undercover Team” yet again to cloak your teams movements when getting way closer and this will also show the enemy team and the A.I. Londo can use the GLE-44 now.
e] Fifth- “Big Deal” extra health for A.I. and it’s allies, damage reduction, no weapon cool-down and faster ability recharge
f] Fifth- If enemy is right on you, A.I. should roll backwards, forwards or side to side to avoid being hit (use safe routes that the whole roll distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort) and do melees, also shoot it’s weapon.
g] Sixth- if necessary A.I. should do a strategic withdrawal to wall cover and hit “Big Deal” to heal again.
i] Seventh- repeat steps b through g tell enemy is down

(6.) Wookie Warrior
a] First- Run towards enemy
b] Second- strafe (zig zag) left to right to avoid being hit
c] Third- use walls for cover
d] Forth- “Thermal Imploder” throw at distance into large enemy group
e] Fifth- “Overload” use rapid fire and mow down targets
f] Sixth- “Fortify” A.I. should seak cover behind a wall and heal itself
g] Seventh- If enemy is right on you, A.I. should roll backwards, forwards or side to side to avoid being hit (use safe routes that the whole roll distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort) and do melees, also shoot it’s weapon.
h] Eighth- repeat steps b through g tell enemy is down

(7.) Rocket Trooper- She can use numerous styles but since she is A.I. here I’d go with the high ground and be sneaky. It’s probably best to assign her on every map like 4 or 5 key high places she likes to perch. Again it is important to assigning a route of rocket movement that won’t send A.I. of a cliff, this is wise. So case specific routes on maps; I’d give her say three possible routes to his destination along safe rocket pack paterned trajectories.
a] First- “Jetpack Dash” towards enemy
b] Second- “Jetpack Boast” to strategic high ground
c] Third- “Rocket Launcher” use on enemy from distance
d] Fourth- Finish them off with main weapon
e] Fifth- if pushed of of high area have A.I. fire weapon and use Melee if they drop near a foe.

(8.) Rey
a] First- run down target or use “Dash Strike” to get there faster (have the A.I. follow a designated pattern avoiding cliffs)
b] Second- “Insight” to locate targets hiding
c] Third- Have A.I. use block when getting close to avoid injury.
d] Fourth- “Mind Trick” when real close
e] Fifth- immediately follow up with the A.I. attacking with normal lightsaber strikes
f] Sixth- “Dash Strike” if target tries to run away and run them down
g] Seventh- Slide left, right, backwards or forwards to evade (have the A.I. follow a pattern avoiding cliffs)
h] Eighth- repeat b through g to continue eliminating targets

(9.) Yoda
a] First- run down target or use “Dash Attack” to get there faster (have the A.I. follow a designated pattern avoiding cliffs)
b] Second- “Unleash” Have A.I. use block when getting close to avoid injury.
c] Third- “Unleash” use the charged up power on enemies.
d] Fourth- close the gap on your enemy and start using normal saber strikes
e] Fifth- “Dash Attack” quickly follow up this with these deadly saber strikes (have the A.I. follow a pattern avoiding cliffs. Again if A.I. can not do this move without falling off it should be restricted from using it, since it’s to near the cliff); quite frankly a human would be restricted too or they would plunge to their doom as well.
f] Sixth- Slide left, right, backwards or forwards to evade (have the A.I. follow a pattern avoiding cliffs)
g] Eighth- repeat b through f to continue eliminating targets

(10.) Obi Wan Kenobi
a] First- run down target or use “Defensive Rush” to get there faster (have the A.I. follow a designated pattern avoiding cliffs)
b] Second- Have A.I. use block when getting close to avoid injury.
c] Third- “Restrictive Mind Trick” to temporally neutralize your enemies
d] Fourth- “All Out Push” charge up first then release on enemies
e] Fifth- A.I. should block block block incoming attacks and fire
f] Sixth- “Defensive Rush” on any perticularly difficult targets
g] Seventh- run up and finish off target with normal lightsaber attacks and finally with “Defensive Rush” again
h] Eighth- Slide left, right, backwards or forwards to evade (have the A.I. follow a pattern avoiding cliffs)
i] Nineth- repeat b through h to continue eliminating targets

(11.) Luke Skywalker
a] First- run down target or use “Rush” to get there faster (have the A.I. follow a designated pattern avoiding cliffs)
c] Third- “Push” A.I. should send enemies that are shooting at you off cliffs if possible
d] Fourth- “Rush” to quickly finish them (have the A.I. follow a designated pattern avoiding cliffs if to close to ledge walk up instead while blocking)
e] Fifth- Use normal lightsaber attacks if still not done
f] Sixth- “Repulse” A.I. if overwelled by sheer enemy numbers up close should use this
g] Seventh- Slide left, right, backwards or forwards to evade (have the A.I. follow a pattern avoiding cliffs)

Foot note: A.I. rolling to escape should be 0% of the time on “Rookie”, 40% of the time on “Normal” and 65% of the time on “Expert”

Bad Guy A.I.:

(1.) Captain Phasma
a] First- “First Order Sentry Droid” activate in a right angle corner with only two access points in front of you in defensive mode (your the target) and activate within weapon range of enemy in offensive mode (your the aggressor).
b] Second- Open fire with main weapon
c] Third- “Staff Strike” on targets
d] Fourth- If enemies are still right on you A.I. should roll backwards, forwards or side to side to avoid being hit (use safe routes that the whole roll distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort) and do melees, also shoot it’s weapon.

(2.) Iden Versio
a] First- run down target fire main weapon
b] Second- use secondary fire
c] Third- “Stun Droid” use it and then use primary fire again
d] Forth- “Droid Shield” activate run up and Melee the enemy
e] Fifth- “Pulse Cannon’ if killed and the A.I. respawns have Iden snipe a few if within sight.
f] Sixth- If enemy is right on you, A.I. should roll backwards, forwards or side to side to avoid being hit (use safe routes that the whole roll distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort) and do melees, also shoot it’s weapon.

(3.) Bossk
a] First- run down target
b] Second- “Proximity Mines” throw down near enemies feet
c] Third- “Predator Instincts” activate and launch mini grenades at enemy
d] Forth- “Dioxis Grenade” yourself if weakened to heal; this will also make it difficult for enemies to approach you without sustaining significant damage.
e] Fifth- run up and finish off target with melee and primary weapon
f] Sixth- If lots of enemies are still right on you A.I. should roll backwards, forwards or side to side to avoid being hit (use safe routes that the whole roll distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort) and do melees, also shoot it’s weapon.

(4.) Kylo Ren
a] First- run down target
c] Third- “Pull” enemy towards you that are shooting at you
d] Fourth- “Frenzy” quickly finish them
e] Fifth- “Freeze” Jedi targets
f] Sixth- run up and finish off target normal attacks and finally with “Frenzy” again

(5.) Darth Sidious
a] First- Spin twist towards enemy (staying on controlled paths not towards cliffs but calculated timed burst paralleling cliff not at it)
b] Second- Both triggers firing lightning from distance
c] Third- “Dark Aura” near Jedi to prevent their escape
d] Fourth- “Electrocute” to freeze enemy
e] Fifth- “Chain Lightning”
f] Sixth- run up and finish off target with short burst electric shock melees
h] Seventh- Slide left, right, backwards or forwards to evade (have the A.I. follow a pattern avoiding cliffs)
i] Eighth- Repeat b through h to finish them off

(6.) Bobba Fett - he can use numerous styles but since he is A.I. here I’d go with the high ground and be sneaky. It’s probably best to assign him on every map like 4 or 5 key high places he likes to perch. Again it is important to assigning a route of rocket movement that won’t send A.I. of a cliff, this is wise. So case specific routes on maps; I’d give him say three possible routes to his destination along safe rocket pack paterned trajectories.
a] First- “For the Hunt” to find enemy
b] Second- Run down enemy or use left trigger to jetpack there faster
c] Third- A.I should find good high ground to perch and observe
d] Fourth- “Concussion Rocket” to disorientate the enemy
e] Fifth - “Rocket Barrage” to devistate your enemy
f] Sixth- fire main gun to finish enemy off
g] Seventh- if pushed of of high area have A.I. fire weapon and use “Flame Burst” Melee if they drop near a foe.
h] Eighth- Repeat b through f to finish them off

It is important to note that “Easy” mode the A.I. Bobba Fett should NOT perch up high as often, like maybe 10% of the time the rest of the time just go straight up and shoot from there, “Normal” mode 50% of the time and “Expert” mode whenever the A.I. feels like it.

*Footnote: More technical advanced rocket pack (keep away) techniques (like flying circles around enemy) would probably be to hard to implement but if you use the program idea I suggested that avoids cliffs...maybe you can. Any none cliff maps this should be relatively easy to implement. Good fortune too you devs on the cliff maps if you try it on those.

(7.) Rocket Trooper- he can use numerous styles but since he is A.I. here I’d go with the high ground and be sneaky. It’s probably best to assign him on every map like 4 or 5 key high places he likes to perch. Again it is important to assigning a route of rocket movement that won’t send A.I. of a cliff, this is wise. So case specific routes on maps; I’d give him say three possible routes to his destination along safe rocket pack paterned trajectories.
a] First- Run down target or “Jetpack Dash” towards enemy
b] Second- “Jetpack Boast” to strategic high ground
c] Third- “Rocket Launcher” use on enemy from distance
d] Fourth- Finish them off with main weapon
e] Fifth- if pushed of of high area have A.I. fire weapon and use Melee if they drop near a foe.
f] Sixth- Rocket Slide left, right, backwards or forwards to evade (have the A.I. follow a pattern avoiding cliffs) if it can’t avoid then it should abort the attempt.
h] Repeat a through f until enemy is neutralized

It is important to note that “Easy” mode the A.I. Rocket Trooper should NOT perch up high at all but just go straight up like they did in Survival mode in the first 2015 game. In “Normal” mode of this game A.I. should perch up high 50% of the time. In “Expert” mode of this game A.I. should perch up high whenever the A.I. feels like it.

(8.) Death Trooper
a] First- Charge toward enemy strafe left to right (zig zag) to make them harder to hit
b] Second- Have A.I. take advantage of walls for cover, duck down if necessary (remember devs they are the elite)
c] Third- “Sonic Imploder”- When large groups of enemies are present have A.I. take advantage of this and throw the grenade to greatly weaken their foes.
d] Fourth- “Overload” now kick in the rapid fire to end them
e] Fifth- “Fortify” While taking cover behind a wall or ducking behind a wall have the A.I. health themselves if they sustain to much damage.

(9.) Darth Vader
a] First- Rush towards enemy
c] Third- “Lightsaber Throw” - to snipe distant targets
d] Fourth- “Choke” closer targets
e] Fifth- Have A.I. use block again for protection to avoid to much injury.
f] Sixth- “Focused Rage” if taking on to much damage A.I. should heal
h] have A.I. repeat b through g tell enemies are down

(10.) Darth Maul - it is important that the A.I. recognizes it needs to use walls for cover when health is low
a] First- Rush towards enemy running or use “Spin Attack” (use safe routes that the whole attack distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort)
b] Second- strafe (zig zag) left to right to avoid being hit (be careful to program strafing routes that won’t send them off cliffs)
c] Third- “Furious Throw” - to snipe distant targets
d] Fourth- “Choke Hold” closer targets preferably launching the A.I.s enemy off a cliff if at all possible.
e] Fifth- “Spin Attack” to get in close and knock enemies down (use safe routes that the whole attack distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort)
f] Sixth- finish them of with normal lightsaber strikes

(11.) General Grievous
a] First- Run towards enemy or use “Claw Rush” (use safe routes that the whole attack distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort)
c] Third- “Claw Rush” to knock enemies down (use safe routes that the whole attack distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort)
d] Fourth- use regular saber strikes
e] Fifth- “Unrelenting Advance” A.I. should use if out numbered at close range and overwhelmed
f] Sixth- “Thrust Surge” should be used to finish off any enemies further away then 7 to 10 paces, especially those with guns.
d] Seventh- use regular saber strikes
e] Eighth- Have A.I. use block again for protection to avoid to much injury.
f] Nineth- “Claw Rush” to knock enemy down (use safe routes that the whole attack distance will NOT send him of a cliff otherwise A.I. should abort)
g] Tenth- Slide left, right, backwards or forwards to evade (have the A.I. follow a pattern avoiding cliffs)

————————————————

Foot note: A.I. rolling or strafing to escape should be 0% of the time on “Rookie”, 40% of the time on “Normal” and 65% of the time on “Expert”

Devs if you have the Hero and Villain A.I. do these things in Arcade you should not have any drastic great issues.

————————————————-

One last problem you mentioned devs:
A.I. getting force pushed into an area and not being able to get out of that spot.

Solution:
(1.) Have A.I. respawn even if they are still alive and stuck back on the map to unstick them, no different then any human would do...they would have to take a death stat.
oooooor
(2.) Have A.I. if stuck in some place they can’t get get out of, be able to for only 1.5 seconds phase through the object.

Final disclaimer- all these strategies are just one of many methods for A.I. and in no way am I claiming they are the only ones but they are solid ones for A.I. to use.

Thank you devs for your time, I hope some of my ideas help you solve your dilemma for Offline Heroes and Villains matches in what ever game modes you create.

I really hope the Devs read the above, it should really help on A.I Heroes and Villains Offline. Dear game makers, if you did see my ideas above, a brief thanks or acknowledgement would be hot so I atleast know you read it, it would ease my mind, thanks again, your the greatest.
[/quote]

“There is always hope.”

Replies

• Hero showdown in Arcade would be one of the best things they could add to it, IMO. If there are specific skills that require to much work, I would be cool if the AI didn't use them. Hopefully, EA Play will have something about this.

Regarding Offline A.I.: Well the only issue that I recall hearing was the issue of A.I. Maul doing his lightsaber spin forward right off of ledges. If I recall I offered a solution of how about making it were if they are within say a certain distance from a cliff that that skill would deactivate.

For example: if the A.I. Darth Maul can move a total distance of say 15’ on his light saber spin attack, then they could have it were when he is within 15’ of a cliff edge that that skill is un-useable by the computer. Thus protecting the A.I. from accidental self termination; just a thought. :)
    Hero showdown in Arcade would be one of the best things they could add to it, IMO. If there are specific skills that require to much work, I would be cool if the AI didn't use them. Hopefully, EA Play will have something about this.

Regarding Offline A.I.: Well the only issue that I recall hearing was the issue of A.I. Maul doing his lightsaber spin forward right off of ledges. If I recall I offered a solution of how about making it were if they are within say a certain distance from a cliff that that skill would deactivate.

For example: if the A.I. Darth Maul can move a total distance of say 15’ on his light saber spin attack, then they could have it were when he is within 15’ of a cliff edge that that skill is un-useable by the computer. Thus protecting the A.I. from accidental self termination; just a thought. :)

I heard the same thing but regarding Han's shoulder charge. Your idea is excellent. If that idea doesn't work for the devs, I would be fine with the devs deactivating the charge skills all together or replacing them.
    ZEEBRAWOLF wrote: »
    Hero showdown in Arcade would be one of the best things they could add to it, IMO. If there are specific skills that require to much work, I would be cool if the AI didn't use them. Hopefully, EA Play will have something about this.

Regarding Offline A.I.: Well the only issue that I recall hearing was the issue of A.I. Maul doing his lightsaber spin forward right off of ledges. If I recall I offered a solution of how about making it was if they within say a certain distance from a cliff that that skill would deactivate.

For example: if the A.I. Darth Maul can move a total distance of say 15’ on his lightsaber spin attack, then they could have it where when he is within 15’ of a cliff edge that that skill is un-useable by the computer. Thus protecting the A.I. from accidental self-termination; just a thought. :)

Definitely, think that this could/should be implemented. I don't feel as though heroes should be used to accomplish objectives, they should just be like tanks and the regular AI could accomplish the objectives with the heroes defending the objective and drawing fire.

Also regarding Boba's jetpack, he should only move over gaps for a certain time before he returns to hover over land so that when the fuel starts to run out he wouldn't fall to his death.
    ZEEBRAWOLF wrote: »

Regarding Offline A.I.: Well the only issue that I recall hearing was the issue of A.I. Maul doing his lightsaber spin forward right off of ledges. If I recall I offered a solution of how about making it was if they within say a certain distance from a cliff that that skill would deactivate.

For example: if the A.I. Darth Maul can move a total distance of say 15’ on his lightsaber spin attack, then they could have it where when he is within 15’ of a cliff edge that that skill is un-useable by the computer. Thus protecting the A.I. from accidental self-termination; just a thought. :)

Definitely, think that this could/should be implemented. I don't feel as though heroes should be used to accomplish objectives, they should just be like tanks and the regular AI could accomplish the objectives with the heroes defending the objective and drawing fire.

Also regarding Boba's jetpack, he should only move over gaps for a certain time before he returns to hover over land so that when the fuel starts to run out he wouldn't fall to his death.

These sound like awesome ideas.
    I hope the hero circles I read about in user Scoundrel's Skirmish testing thread means they are working on hero AI.
    Hopefully, hero AI in time for the new heroes so they can be fought in Arcade at launch.
    If the large mode for Arcade is Conquest, they could script the hero AI to patrol the command points and kill enemies with in them.
    If we get hero AI, which match ups are you looking forward to? I think Luke and Rey vs Kylo and Vader would be cool.

Thanks guys and all good thoughts, wonderful brainstorming.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I tend to disagree with making out of bound areas link with hero’s.
    I think what is much simpler and more convenient for all maps is making the Character stop once he has reached his target regardless if he misses.

For example mauls dash. When the AI has a lock on a player and has a dash available it will be given a distance between the AI and the player. So even if the player dies or dodges, maul will end his animation where the player would have been.

This already is a function In the game where Luke or maul will stop when there’s a player in front of them. And the reason they won’t go out of Bounds is that the AI and the player don’t go out of Bounds on a regular bases. The AI don’t need to act exactly like the player. You see that in the old battlefront where the ai will not triple jump around crazy like the player.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1291 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Wow Starmasui, nice work. I would love to see all that in the game. I hope @F8RGE has seen this.

Another way around hero AI running off the map could be to put a trigger that immediately stops the AI from continuing in that direction close to all the holes. If it not too difficult to program, the trigger could also cause any charge moves to be cancelled.

If the previous way I mentioned is to difficult to program, a second way could be place invisible walls around all the holes so no one can fall out of the map in Arcade.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • MACK_BAT wrote: »
    I tend to disagree with making out of bound areas link with hero’s.
    I think what is much simpler and more convenient for all maps is making the Character stop once he has reached his target regardless if he misses.

For example mauls dash. When the AI has a lock on a player and has a dash available it will be given a distance between the AI and the player. So even if the player dies or dodges, maul will end his animation where the player would have been.

This already is a function In the game where Luke or maul will stop when there’s a player in front of them. And the reason they won’t go out of Bounds is that the AI and the player don’t go out of Bounds on a regular bases. The AI don’t need to act exactly like the player. You see that in the old battlefront where the ai will not triple jump around crazy like the player.

(1.) The A.I. character stop once he has reached his target? Wouldn’t that require the computer to constantly be calculating distances to accomplish this and over tax the system?

(2.) Ooooooor do you mean some kind of override that makes them come to a dead stop near heroes or villains no matter what? If that’s the case, this sounds promising and interesting but I worry it might be buggy as all heck and cause a massive pause before they attack but maybe it would work. Good thoughts.
    Wow Starmasui, nice work. I would love to see all that in the game. I hope @F8RGE has seen this.

Another way around hero AI running off the map could be to put a trigger that immediately stops the AI from continuing in that direction close to all the holes. If it not too difficult to program, the trigger could also cause any charge moves to be cancelled.

If the previous way I mentioned is to difficult to program, a second way could be place invisible walls around all the holes so no one can fall out of the map in Arcade.

(1.) Thank you, I’m blushing.

(2.) Your first thought is much like Mack_Bat and good ideas.

(3.) Your second thought, taking away the ability to fall off ledges via invisible walls would suck, it is so fun to launch people. I hope it does not come to this.

Way to be on the ideas.
    “There is always hope.”
  • MACK_BAT wrote: »
    I tend to disagree with making out of bound areas link with hero’s.

(1.) The A.I. character stop once he has reached his target? Wouldn’t that require the computer to constantly be calculating distances to accomplish this and over tax the system?

(2.) Ooooooor do you mean some kind of override that makes them come to a dead stop near heroes or villains no matter what? If that’s the case, this sounds promising and interesting but I worry it might be buggy as all heck and cause a massive pause before they attack but maybe it would work. Good thoughts.

(1.) Thank you, I’m blushing.

(2.) Your first thought is much like Mack_Bat and good ideas.

(3.) Your second thought, taking away the ability to fall off ledges via invisible walls would suck, it is so fun to launch people. I hope it does not come to this.

Way to be on the ideas.

I hope the devs have the resources to program some good hero AI.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • mandalorj
    158 posts Member
    edited January 27
    These are great ideas. We got a focused feedback for arcade mode a few months ago so hopefully something is in the works to make it a better experience.

The A.I. programming for Hero's does seem like it would take a significant amount of effort and resources to sort out for arcade b/c of how different they all are. Before this game came out, the one thing I wanted to experience was capturing points in the streets of Naboo or boarding an enemy capital ship and destroying it. These are still things I hope we get before it's all said and done, since it doesn't seem we will ever get the option to chose what map/era we play for GA or have some sort of private match.

They have been somewhat coy on how the large scale mode is going to accomplish destroying capital ships but I feel both Kamino and Naboo are being under utilized, as these maps are perfect for offline or co/op private forms of what so much of the community has been asking for since the game launched. Hopefully we eventually see Utapau and Mygeeto as well and I don't think I'm alone when I say folks would be willing to shell out money to see those 2 maps featured in the large scale mode battles.
    Post edited by mandalorj on
  • mandalorj wrote: »
    These are great ideas. We got a focused feedback for arcade mode a few months ago so hopefully something is in the works to make it a better experience.

The A.I. programming for Hero's does seem like it would take a significant amount of effort and resources to sort out for arcade b/c of how different they all are. Before this game came out, the one thing I wanted to experience was capturing points in the streets of Naboo or boarding an enemy capital ship and destroying it. These are still things I hope we get before it's all said and done, since it doesn't seem we will ever get the option to chose what map/era we play for GA or have some sort of private match.

They have been somewhat coy on how the large scale mode is going to accomplish destroying capital ships but I feel both Kamino and Naboo are being under utilized, as these maps are perfect for offline or co/op private forms of what so much of the community has been asking for since the game launched. Hopefully we eventually see Utapau and Mygeeto as well and I don't think I'm alone when I say folks would be willing to shell out money to see those 2 maps featured in the large scale mode battles.

I think the new mode in Arcade will be Conquest based on the number of people asking for it. While seeing complex hero AI would be awesome, I would be super happy with simple Hero AI as well.
  • This thread is exactly what we need right now. I love all of your ideas so much.
  • Sim
    44 posts Member
    Still confident...?

• ELIMELECH0401
    1291 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Sim wrote: »
    Still confident...?

I am because I think it is delayed not cancelled.
  • Starmasui73146
    1054 posts Member
    edited March 11
    mandalorj wrote: »

Totally agree on all points mostly, though A.I. programming is easier for those with the experience in doing it well...like COD or Jedi Knight Jedi Academy for example.

I just got done playing through Star Wars Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy and wow was the lightsaber dueling and the A.I. good.
    (1.) The A.I. was continuesly improvising, changing things up. If you died the A.I. would never fight the same way, each time it was a new experience.
    (2.) The A.I. fought on precarious precipices and did well. Oh sure occasionally it would do a back flip and fall off a cliff but it was rare. The funny thing is humans are not immune to this as I occasionally did it as well. The A.I. actually felt rather alive, sure they could use a few more extra lines to say but still quite the achievement.
    (3.) The saber locks with sparks was epic.
    (4.) Back flips, side ways flips soooo epic.
    (5.) All jedi able to duck down.
    (6.) All jedi has access to massive abilities.
    (7.) All jedi besides the lightsaber has the option of a huge list of guns, bombs, grenades, missile launchers etc.
    (8.) All jedi could interact with the environment (open doors, press elevator, etc)

I am still just blown away that this was done on the classic X-Box.

I hope the devs have the resources to program some good hero AI. I think the new mode in Arcade will be Conquest based on the number of people asking for it. While seeing complex hero AI would be awesome, I would be super happy with simple Hero AI as well.

Yeah if they could get the programmer from the Jedi Knight series who did the A.I. that would be insane. As for Conquest so far it seems somewhat like a cross between Conquest and Titan mode from Battlefield.
    This thread is exactly what we need right now. I love all of your ideas so much.

Thank you friend, we try. Keep up the brainstorming people.
    Still confident...?

It will get here (i.e.- the new Online mode) in March, as for the Offline version...the kinks need to be worked out first. QA (Quality Assurance) is important least it’s buggy as all heck.
    Still confident...?

I am because I think it is delayed not cancelled.

Agreed, let it be. The Online version of the new Control Point mode arrives on March 26th.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

This guy breaks down all the issues in Arcade “Team Battle” very well, please watch it DICE:

His advice about:

(1.) give us the whole map - how about give us three size choices small, medium or large full size in the menu select. This way the ones who like large maps can play in large maps, the ones who say the maps too big can play on the smaller maps, simple, everybody wins.

(2.) more A.I. enemies to fill the map - how about the option of increasing player A.I. count to at least equal that of Skirmish, now that shouldn’t cause lag should it?

(3.) give us an objective - yes hopefully this will be given soon in the new mode coming Offline in April or May, hopefully...
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”