criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

DICE looking into removing the target system.

2Next

Replies

• Szavwa
    220 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Targets are fine. Just give the incoming target X2 speed for the 10 second countdown so they have a chance to regroup with their teammates. It's always a force user terrorizing the last standing that will be target and they almost always wait until the badge shows up for the dogpile kill. It's way too exploity right now and extra speed for that short time would help I think.
    Post edited by Szavwa on
  • jonci
    1198 posts Member
    EV02AAA wrote: »
    Perhaps they'll introduce it as a weekend test... and never, ever remove it. You know, like EoR MM...

love it keep it up my young apprentices don't let the EOR MM issue die.
    Oh and TDM will not stop teams getting steamrollered, so match over early everyone bored sooner no thanks (oops that cursed it, it will be in by new years day now).
    Speaking of New year hope you all have a good one, n Dice do a resolution "i will not try and kid people by introducing anything that isn't requested by the players"
  • Cool. Very much looking forward to trying something new in HvV. Randoms just don't gel very well and play as a team, nor should they be expected to, plain and simple. At least not with only 4 players. Sad face. Bring back BF2015 HvV, the maps too!
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Cool. Very much looking forward to trying something new in HvV. Randoms just don't gel very well and play as a team, nor should they be expected to, plain and simple. At least not with only 4 players. Sad face. Bring back BF2015 HvV, the maps too!

If it's a new mode, I could get behind that.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Dash
    11642 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    I doubt they actually do it or, if they do, do it correctly.

If they somehow go forward with this, I foresee runners and campers crying that they’re perpetually losing and complain for the target system to return.

I doubt they would publicly complain. Because doing so would 100% mark them as the runners lol. :lol: “Give me back my trolling tool because I can’t fight”! :neutral:

And to anyone who defends the target system, remember these examples:

How it was Meant to be:

v304zy37c6s2.gif
    ci9754goaust.gif

How it actually is now currently:

abbtcu4iem6k.gif
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Let the "runners" run. Let the "map exploiters" exploit. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the game mode as intended for once. Would be an interesting test event for sure.
  • Dash
    11642 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Let the "runners" run. Let the "map exploiters" exploit. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the game mode as intended for once. Would be an interesting test event for sure.

Oh for sure. I can’t wait to see the rage quitters because their “fun runs” have ended. Most satisfying indeed to see it come to fruition. :naughty:

#Karma

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    Let the "runners" run. Let the "map exploiters" exploit. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the game mode as intended for once. Would be an interesting test event for sure.

Oh for sure. I can’t wait to see the rage quitters because their “fun runs” have ended. Most satisfying indeed to see it come to fruition. :naughty:

#Karma

This would be a great first step to making a completely unplayable mode possibly playable again. Not getting excited until it's confirmed, but it's just another example of how this game is likely far from "dead".
  • I hope the target system is replaced with Hero Blast or something along those lines.

If another Hero mode is added it should be 1v1 duel imo.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • I hope the target system is replaced with Hero Blast or something along those lines.

If another Hero mode is added it should be 1v1 duel imo.

Heroes Unleashed!

😈
  • Dash
    11642 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Just knowing that there’s gonna come a day where some guy logs on to do his usual “run and done” to randoms. Then he slowly realizes the time has come. Fight or die.

Thank the Maker lol!!! :sunglasses:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    Just knowing that there’s gonna come a day where some guy logs on to do his usual “run and done” to randoms. Then he slowly realizes the time has come. Fight or die.

That random Boba/Maul main that's been wondering the last year, "hmm, one of these days I should test out what right trigger does" is going to login and be like "my run isn't working! Dice, why did you nerf it?? I have to use weapons, and tactics, and strategy now! You ruined the game!! Blast you evil Dice Devs! Blast you!"
  • Dash
    11642 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Dash wrote: »

That random Boba/Maul main that's been wondering the last year, "hmm, one of these days I should test out what right trigger does" is going to login and be like "my run isn't working! Dice, why did you nerf it?? I have to use weapons, and tactics, and strategy now! You ruined the game!! Blast you evil Dice Devs! Blast you!"

“What do you mean Dueling and engaging my enemies strategically while focusing on team play”!? “What do those words even mean”!?

u7ucgdvm6out.jpeg

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• hsf_
    1905 posts Member

“What do you mean Dueling and engaging my enemies strategically while focusing on team play”!? “What do those words even mean”!?

u7ucgdvm6out.jpeg

Speaking some kind of extinct language there Dash?
  • Dash
    11642 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »

u7ucgdvm6out.jpeg

Speaking some kind of extinct language there Dash?

I know man, it’s like “Team Work” & “Playing the Objective” were written in hieroglyphics in ancient Egypt by the Pharaoh “Tutten-Skillful” lol. :lol:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• You still don't get that the problem is not the target system.

The problem is the players. And no system guarantee no lame players in the match.
  • The target system is definitely a big part of the problem.

It promotes running away. You cannot blame the player base for that much for playing the game to it's fullest extent.

It comes down to mode design.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • A4matus
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Just add a timer. Every 3 minutes the target changes. This will 1) get rid of runners, 2) incorporate teamwork more, also 3) will call for more fast paced gameplay (no campers) Simple fix
  • A4matus wrote: »
    Just add a timer. Every 3 minutes the target changes. This will 1) get rid of runners and 2) incorporate teamwork more. Simple fix

A much better solution.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I wouldn't mind a timer but it doesn't stop runners for whatever duration. It would just cycle from target to target who could run until the timer cycles into a new target who could also run until the timer runs out.

hnytpwosbe30.png
  • I wouldn't mind a timer but it doesn't stop runners for whatever duration. It would just cycle from target to target who could run until the timer cycles into a new target who could also run until the timer runs out.

I think the duration is too short for a proper battle, but it would still be better than this.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a timer but it doesn't stop runners for whatever duration. It would just cycle from target to target who could run until the timer cycles into a new target who could also run until the timer runs out.

I think the duration is too short for a proper battle, but it would still be better than this.

It definitely would be better than the current target system but adding a timer doesn't stop the running.

Running is a consequence of the target system.
    Naturally if one is a target avoiding the other team would best ensure their own survival and therefore the point.

I don't personally mind the running that much but I can imagine it be annoying when OG BF 2 had Hero Blast and it was more fun than what we have 10 years later on superior tech which should've lent towards a better player experience.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    I wouldn't mind a timer but it doesn't stop runners for whatever duration. It would just cycle from target to target who could run until the timer cycles into a new target who could also run until the timer runs out.

It definitely would be better than the current target system but adding a timer doesn't stop the running.

Naturally if one is a target avoiding the other team would best ensure their own survival and therefore the point.

I don't personally mind the running that much but I can imagine it be annoying when OG BF 2 had Hero Blast and it was more fun than what we have 10 years later on superior tech which should've lent towards a better player experience.

I meant I prefer adding the timer to removing the target system entirely.
    I barely find runners, and only run on rare occasions (the one example I can think of when the score was 2 to 8, I needed a Big Deal {or was it Deadeye?} kill with Finn, and I was the target. So my strategy was use the ability, and book it if I ran out. Then I would try to reenter the fray once it was out of cool down. Fortunately it prolonged the match, but that was one in a string of bad matches {I quit the lobby when it seemed like there was no chance of this ending well, and I didn't want it to count toward the daily challenge} where I couldn't get a single kill. Thankfully I got a good match with Bossk).
    I still think that the only good solution for everybody is to add a new hero mode (or bring back the old one, or both).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

I barely find runners, and only run on rare occasions (the one example I can think of when the score was 2 to 8, I needed a Big Deal {or was it Deadeye?} kill with Finn, and I was the target. So my strategy was use the ability, and book it if I ran out. Then I would try to reenter the fray once it was out of cool down. Fortunately it prolonged the match, but that was one in a string of bad matches {I quit the lobby when it seemed like there was no chance of this ending well, and I didn't want it to count toward the daily challenge} where I couldn't get a single kill. Thankfully I got a good match with Bossk).
    I still think that the only good solution for everybody is to add a new hero mode (or bring back the old one, or both).

Oh, if this is just a weekend event that only shows up once in awhile, I'd be fine with that too (which seems to be the case).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • You are in the minority. Most would rather have the target system replaced. Also most people encounter runners on the regular... That's why it's such a common complaint.

You also admit to running, that skews your narrative.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • The target system is ok, but give the target double health and double recharge rate (as you can do arcade).

Would give him a fair chance even if outnumbered.

Then people would look forward to become the target rather than trying to avoid it, run or hiding.
  • Dash
    11642 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The target system is ok, but give the target double health and double recharge rate (as you can do arcade).

Would give him a fair chance even if outnumbered.

Then people would look forward to become the target rather than trying to avoid it, run or hiding.

If you gave the target that power in someone’s hands, it would be even more profusely abused. More Dashes, more Rushes, More Spins. It’s Begging for abuse.

I disagree.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• You are in the minority. Most would rather have the target system replaced. Also most people encounter runners on the regular... That's why it's such a common complaint.

Once.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
    You are in the minority. Most would rather have the target system replaced. Also most people encounter runners on the regular... That's why it's such a common complaint.

Once.
    Doesn't matter. A majority of the consumer base wants Hero Blast. It outweighs the few who enjoy the target system.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

You are in the minority. Most would rather have the target system be replaced.

If they add a new mode it should be 1v1 duel imo.
    hnytpwosbe30.png