criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Phasma's Droid NEEDS Two (2) Very Important Nerfs

124Next

Replies

• Lol phasma droid is bad but not as people think. Lol in 2015 bossk was way worse yet it stayed in the game forever. If bossk dropped his dioxis, and died it will still damage you and it took alot of health from you. Phasma droid is going to stay the same forever i bet.
  • il96 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    il96 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    First
    I've said for a year now that Captain Phasma's First Order Sentry Droid must immediately disappear upon her death. Why it still lasts for five seconds after she has been defeated is beyond me. It used to last for around six seconds, but for some strange reason, it was lowered to five, as if that would really make a difference. There is absolutely no reason this ability should remain after death for any amount of time.

The effects of all abilities should wear off/go away immediately upon a character's death, but Phasma's droid is at the top of this list. The droid can shock you two different times between Phasma's death and its auto-destruction. Each of those shocks can can result in about 125 damage from the droid shooting you. In many situations, this is enough for death. More importantly, the shocks leave the affected open to characters like Boba Fett, Triple B, General Grievous and Iden Versio. Their high damage attacks and abilities will destroy heroes who were forced to be shocked in order to deal with Phasma.

Second
    The most recent patch has allowed the First Order Sentry Droid to become completely invincible to lightsaber attacks. I can only assume this is a bug, as it gives Phasma a huge advantage over lightsaber heroes. The droid was already too powerful and a big advantage for Phasma against Jedi, but this is overkill. It's very unfair that Jedi have no way to take out the droid. Please do not suggest switching to a blaster hero. The Dark Side is not forced to switch characters to deal with Han or Yoda or Lando, or anyone for that matter. The Light Side should not be handicapped in that way, either.

Third
    Above are the two issues with the First Order Sentry Droid that are inexcusable. Fixing those is paramount. I would be remiss not to also point out that the droid simply has too much health and it regenerates too quickly. I think the amount of health the droid can regen and/or the speed at which it can regen need to be lowered.

Oh yeah... The First Order Sentry droid also shocks and shoots players too often. It shouldn't have the ability to do both. It also locks on from too far away.

So basically, when you have a bad experience you complain on the forums with either a satire video or an essay. Got it check!

The point of a forum is to give feedback on the game.

Onto Phamsa's droid now, It is absolutely absurd that Phasma's droid can't even be harmed by lightsabers and there is 100% absolutely no reason it should stay for 5 seconds after she dies, gotta a problem with it not staying 5 seconds after she dies? Then don't die as Phasma.

I gave my feedback (after a quick rant on the tireless threads this guy keeps posting). Block your way in and push her out. Why does there ALWAYS need a nerf or buff? We have already determined there is bug.

Why can't a saber user just be able to damage it? Why does it need to stay for 5 seconds?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • hatreds_wrath
    268 posts Member
    edited January 10
    As a Phasma main since launch absolutely never touch the droid besides the saber bug until they can finally do something about the useless staff strikes.Her blaster fire is already heavily underpowered and can barely take on saber users without the droid.
    So you believe that her droid should stay around after she’s dead because you think her blaster and staff suck?

Its 5 seconds. Seriously. Are you purposefully running into the thing? Even against it Ive never had an issue with it lingering a couple seconds.
    Explain to me why any player WHO HAS DIED should be rewarded with scoring any points, kills or assists while they are not on the battlefield. Why does said player deserve such benefits?

Lmao How many kills or points do you think that thing can even rack up in 5 seconds? Its more of a nuisance than being OP. Honestly its a miracle if it ever does kill someone since the shock is more useful. Once again I think youre just running into the thing and shocking yourself.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    As a Phasma main since launch absolutely never touch the droid besides the saber bug until they can finally do something about the useless staff strikes.Her blaster fire is already heavily underpowered and can barely take on saber users without the droid.
    So you believe that her droid should stay around after she’s dead because you think her blaster and staff suck?

Its 5 seconds. Seriously. Are you purposefully running into the thing? Even against it Ive never had an issue with it lingering a couple seconds.
    Explain to me why any player WHO HAS DIED should be rewarded with scoring any points, kills or assists while they are not on the battlefield. Why does said player deserve such benefits?

Lmao How many kills or points do you think that thing can even rack up in 5 seconds? Its more of a nuisance than being OP. Honestly its a miracle if it ever does kill someone since the shock is more useful. Once again I think youre just running into the thing and shocking yourself.
    Naturally, you couldn't answer the question, because you know there is no good reason for it.

There's one example. The droid after death nearly results in the demise of no less than REY. That should not be possible.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    First
    I've said for a year now that Captain Phasma's First Order Sentry Droid must immediately disappear upon her death. Why it still lasts for five seconds after she has been defeated is beyond me. It used to last for around six seconds, but for some strange reason, it was lowered to five, as if that would really make a difference. There is absolutely no reason this ability should remain after death for any amount of time.

The effects of all abilities should wear off/go away immediately upon a character's death, but Phasma's droid is at the top of this list. The droid can shock you two different times between Phasma's death and its auto-destruction. Each of those shocks can can result in about 125 damage from the droid shooting you. In many situations, this is enough for death. More importantly, the shocks leave the affected open to characters like Boba Fett, Triple B, General Grievous and Iden Versio. Their high damage attacks and abilities will destroy heroes who were forced to be shocked in order to deal with Phasma.

Second
    The most recent patch has allowed the First Order Sentry Droid to become completely invincible to lightsaber attacks. I can only assume this is a bug, as it gives Phasma a huge advantage over lightsaber heroes. The droid was already too powerful and a big advantage for Phasma against Jedi, but this is overkill. It's very unfair that Jedi have no way to take out the droid. Please do not suggest switching to a blaster hero. The Dark Side is not forced to switch characters to deal with Han or Yoda or Lando, or anyone for that matter. The Light Side should not be handicapped in that way, either.

Third
    Above are the two issues with the First Order Sentry Droid that are inexcusable. Fixing those is paramount. I would be remiss not to also point out that the droid simply has too much health and it regenerates too quickly. I think the amount of health the droid can regen and/or the speed at which it can regen need to be lowered.

Oh yeah... The First Order Sentry droid also shocks and shoots players too often. It shouldn't have the ability to do both. It also locks on from too far away.

So basically, when you have a bad experience you complain on the forums with either a satire video or an essay. Got it check!

Onto Phamsa's droid now, It is absolutely absurd that Phasma's droid can't even be harmed by lightsabers and there is 100% absolutely no reason it should stay for 5 seconds after she dies, gotta a problem with it not staying 5 seconds after she dies? Then don't die as Phasma.

I gave my feedback (after a quick rant on the tireless threads this guy keeps posting). Block your way in and push her out. Why does there ALWAYS need a nerf or buff? We have already determined there is bug.

Why can't a saber user just be able to damage it? Why does it need to stay for 5 seconds?

Another stupid bug. Of course it needs fixing. The five seconds is meh.. I main Phasma and couldn’t care less if they take it away. It’s of little consequence either way so the base point stands. All abilities should deactivate immediately upon death.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    I was playing the other night, and after I killed the droid, Phasma stayed in for a full 5 seconds!

Phasma should die as soon as her droid does!

Sad thing is she's so useless alone that this actually is the top level Phasma meta.

Literally just redeploy so you can get your droid back, because killing yourself is more effective at that point.

Sad is right. I’m not sure the solution either. I suggest fluid, non-breaking Staff Strikes, but that’s probably not enough. What do you think? That, bringing back Staff Strike knockdown, or the ability to move the droid? Perhaps something else...

Honestly? I'd completely redesign her to be a support hero ala Finn with an AOE damage modifier instead of health buff, make the staff her normal melee (give it buffed damage like Chewie/Bossk) rather than wasting an ability with it, give her a normal HoK card and an ability that breaks saber blocks (grenade launcher, charge shot or something, don't care what) and ditch the camper droid. That's not going to happen at this point, though. Not enough dev or player interest to essentially create a new hero (sans model and voice lines) from scratch.

Realistically I'd say fix the droid to not be immune to sabers and let her move it, 25% blaster DPS increase (would make hers slightly weaker than Iden's TL-50), normal HoK, give Staff strikes 150 damage on the first hit (mostly for GA) and the same aimbot level tracking/lunge that the sabers currently have.

Oh and the droid despawn immediately when she's defeated instead of 5 seconds later I can take or leave. Personally doesn't bother me, but I don't see why it has to stick around either. Must be noted that heavy/officer turrets are the same way with still shooting after the users death and are also now immune to sabers, so they're probably all running the same code.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • il96 wrote: »
    First

Second

Third

Luke uses push, phasma dodged it, Luke gets stunned & headshots til he dies.

Thats y u got to time her rolls. Lol . in 1v1 stronger push is a must or else a push is a waste.
  • hatreds_wrath
    268 posts Member
    edited January 10

Naturally, you couldn't answer the question, because you know there is no good reason for it.

There's one example. The droid after death nearly results in the demise of no less than REY. That should not be possible.

I just answered your question multiple times. Theres plenty of other things to focus on for Phasma than that minor problem that you seem to continually run into to get shocked. Only then would I say yes nerf her droid.

Btw your video is entirely situational. The droid is not to blame for losing your partner and resulting in a 2v1. That was going to be a tough fight for Rey regardless in Showdown.
    Post edited by hatreds_wrath on
  • As a phasma main I'm happy to learn you can't break my sentry droid. Time to unleash the CHEESE
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    I was playing the other night, and after I killed the droid, Phasma stayed in for a full 5 seconds!

Sad thing is she's so useless alone that this actually is the top level Phasma meta.

Literally just redeploy so you can get your droid back, because killing yourself is more effective at that point.

Sad is right. I’m not sure the solution either. I suggest fluid, non-breaking Staff Strikes, but that’s probably not enough. What do you think? That, bringing back Staff Strike knockdown, or the ability to move the droid? Perhaps something else...

Staff Strikes needs to be a viable ability. That should be a priority for her before doing anything else. Maybe make it non-breakable and add knockback on the second strike? Or give some superarmor frames so it is easier to combo it but it is still breakable if timed right but revert the knockback nerf. I would even suggest change the animation so it can be sped up.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »

Staff Strikes needs to be a viable ability. That should be a priority for her before doing anything else. Maybe make it non-breakable and add knockback on the second strike? Or give some superarmor frames so it is easier to combo it but it is still breakable if timed right but revert the knockback nerf. I would even suggest change the animation so it can be sped up.
    I don't get it. Why do people want to see the knockdown return? It's essentially another form of a stun. We don't need any more of those.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

No it should not be breakable at all, only dodgable.
  • This thread is like a commentary on this community. It's very telling that some people don't think lightsabers should damage the droid, and that others believe the droid should remain after death and continue shocking and shooting.

The defending of the Dark Side never stops here. I'd venture to say that most people who don't want the droid fixed/nerfed are those who quit when they're Light Side.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
    TheScape wrote: »

I don't get it. Why do people want to see the knockdown return? It's essentially another form of a stun. We don't need any more of those.

Didn't it just stagger for the first 2 hits? Also her staff strike was at least a viable ability in HvV with the stagger/knockdown
  • AHugeHeckinNerd
    109 posts Member
    edited January 10
    Because of its stationary nature I really don't think its TOO huge of a deal. I've held off an entire team as Phasma before, sure many times even, but I was rolling for my life and never had a chance to deal real damage to any of the people swinging their glowsticks at me. The cooldown time paired with the stationary nature of the ability and its deploy time already limits her from moving her setup too often.

A well timed force push takes you out of the circle, resulting in an lashing and any light side hero with a blaster can melt phasma if they know how to aim at all.

I love her and while at times she is a very good pick, she is mostly underwhelming; unless my team sticks to my circle and enjoys a nice cheese meal with me she is the weakest link on the dark side.

i do clean up as her but ill chalk that up to skill

Didn't it just stagger for the first 2 hits? Also her staff strike was at least a viable ability in HvV with the stagger/knockdown

As I recall, every hit was a knockdown. Stupid and unnecessary in you ask me.

Actually, I don't see why it's so important to people that he staff become useful. She has two other excellent abilities. Several other heroes only have two or fewer great abilities.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

Wth???
  • hatreds_wrath
    268 posts Member
    edited January 10

Wth???

The way her staff is set up, a melee from even a ground troop stops the animation entirely. This is why it should return to the knockback.

And LOL at lero, maybe because a chunk of her star cards and especially her hok are tied to this very ability?

The staff eithe needs to be fixed or removed entirely for something else.

I don't really want another stun, but they need to do something to make the ability more easy to combo. The whole point of the ability is that you should chain the strikes to get to a "finisher". Unless they make it unbreakable or give her superarmor, the only viable choice is to let her stun while using it. Either that or completely redo the flashy animations. They are cool but also too long.
  • TheScape
    1942 posts Member
    edited January 10

As I recall, every hit was a knockdown. Stupid and unnecessary in you ask me.

Actually, I don't see why it's so important to people that he staff become useful. She has two other excellent abilities. Several other heroes only have two or fewer great abilities.

Sure, she has two excellent abilites (and that's undeniable) but she doesn't have the best blaster in the game and that's her main damage source. They also decided to "cleverly" give her health on kill to her strikes.
  • This is my absolute disdain for sabers talking, but:

Fix their insane staggering and the inability to dodge out without taking 3-4 extra swings, then we can talk about making their life easier when dealing with the Droid.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • The_Count
    100 posts Member
    edited January 10
    Don’t nerf her droid, it’s the only saving grace she has! I will agree with nerfing it only if they rework the staff strike like everyone suggests, it’s literally the most useless ability in the game, I would rather her have an ability where she crouches to avoid damage then the staff.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    This is my absolute disdain for sabers talking, but:

Fix their insane staggering and the inability to dodge out without taking 3-4 extra swings, then we can talk about making their life easier when dealing with the Droid.

Pretty sure you can only take 3 swings when getting snuck up on.
  • Gotta agree that a Phasma with her droid on Bespin corridors it's invencible at 1v1.
  • Raylol wrote: »
    Gotta agree that a Phasma with her droid on Bespin corridors it's invencible at 1v1.

Han says hello
  • Raylol wrote: »
    Gotta agree that a Phasma with her droid on Bespin corridors it's invencible at 1v1.

Han says hello

If she places her droid at the stairs where Han can't destroy without entering and this limits when he trhows his detonite and she goes next to the droid, damn can't really explain it well, the point is that Han can do nothing without getting shocked and being headshotted to death, let alone a saber hero.
  • @F8RGE do you have an answer to the issues outlined in the original post?
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • bfloo
    14497 posts Member

The knockdown gave Phasma a chance if a saber user caught her toe to toe. We don't all glue ourselves to her droid. Plus seeing how far I could knock Yoda across the map was the most fun I had using her.

The staff has never been good, but the knock down was the only useful part of it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

The knockdown gave Phasma a chance if a saber user caught her toe to toe. We don't all glue ourselves to her droid. Plus seeing how far I could knock Yoda across the map was the most fun I had using her.

The staff has never been good, but the knock down was the only useful part of it.

Her staff was a super fun ability now it's just a terrible
  • bfloo
    14497 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Super fun might be pushing it, but it was at least viable.

They changed it because people couldn't do the challenge, but instead of tweaking the challenge they made her staff pretty much worthless.

h846398gb27k.png

They changed it because people couldn't do the challenge, but instead of tweaking the challenge they made her staff pretty much worthless.

Nah baseballing yoda was super fun to me heck anyone getting hit with it was fun. & having the last strike do bonus damage card on goodness gracious
  • bfloo
    14497 posts Member

Nah baseballing yoda was super fun to me heck anyone getting hit with it was fun. & having the last strike do bonus damage card on goodness gracious

She could send Yoda pretty far. It wasn't as pronounced with the others.

h846398gb27k.png

I'm also guilty of that. I couldn't stop laughing everytime a naive Yoda was shocked and I could hit him. In fact, I had a lot of fun while trying to finish her milestone before they "improved" the staff.
  • bfloo
    14497 posts Member

I'm also guilty of that. I couldn't stop laughing everytime a naive Yoda was shocked and I could hit him. In fact, I had a lot of fun while trying to finish her milestone before they "improved" the staff.

I hit a lot of home runs in Yoda ball, good times <3

h846398gb27k.png

• i was one on oneing my brother and he was lando on bespin and i knocked of a cliff like a week ago
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • It is true that the Droid needs to be destructible again by lightsaber attacks.

But even right now, if you approach the droid while blocking, and the droid along with phasma are shooting at you, the deflected blaster bolts quickly reduce the droid's health.

some things just take more time and skill than others. And I fear that casual players are leading to the dilution of this game because they are getting frustrated and not taking the time to really understand the mechanics and find creative ways to overcome challenges.

Before much longer, this game could very well end up becoming a barrel full of fish. Casual players will then be able to shoot said fish, beat on their chest, and proclaim their beasthood.
  • It is true that the Droid needs to be destructible again by lightsaber attacks.

But even right now, if you approach the droid while blocking, and the droid along with phasma are shooting at you, the deflected blaster bolts quickly reduce the droid's health.

some things just take more time and skill than others. And I fear that casual players are leading to the dilution of this game because they are getting frustrated and not taking the time to really understand the mechanics and find creative ways to overcome challenges.

Before much longer, this game could very well end up becoming a barrel full of fish. Casual players will then be able to shoot said fish, beat on their chest, and proclaim their beasthood.
    Maybe you’re the casual player if you think any Phasma with half a brain allows you to block the droid to death. The health regens so quickly that the deflection damage you do to it is of little consequence.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853