criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Darth Vader bugged in Arcade

Can't vouch for multiplayer but Vader's choke is bugged. Activates then immediately deactivates. Fully leveled up and cards are maxed. Can't kill any AI player anymore by choking. Was working fine a few days ago, but seems like it's not now. Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

• Scoundrel wrote: »
    Can't vouch for multiplayer but Vader's choke is bugged. Activates then immediately deactivates. Fully leveled up and cards are maxed. Can't kill any AI player anymore by choking. Was working fine a few days ago, but seems like it's not now. Anyone else experiencing this?

I've always had inconsistent results with Vader's choke ability. So much so that I am often reluctant to use it unless I have friendly troopers with me.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • TheUltimateHope
    689 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It's not only in Arcade. Even in MP the force choke cancels immediatly by itself 90+% of the time (with a detonation sound). It doesn't seem to affect everyone , having talked about it with some people, some are affected, others not and you can see that with ingame experience too.
    The Geonosis update broke the movement potential of the capacity (grouping choked people, dragging them towards Vader, or being abale to move them), this bug appeared with the December update.
  • HVV it doesn't work for me at all, cancels immediately, the Kylo freeze is also glitched for me doesn't work.

• Force abilities in general are bugged. I wouldn’t mind if they dedicated an entire patch just to fixing these Force abilities alone
  • Quick update... Saw this from a user on Reddit but I can't remember who (apologies friend), and I tested it out. If you just TAP the trigger—instead of holding the button down—Vader's choke works just fine. Holding it down cancels the choke, now. It's more similar to how the choke worked in BF2015... Trigger and forget it.

However, I will say that the choke now seems to be able to "one-shot" kill all troopers EXCEPT Heavies. Brings them down to about 5-10% health.