criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Human infantry body parts cut

RDC
38 posts Member
I think it would be cool if infantry also lost limbs like droids obviously not to kicks but the finishing blow throw a light saber would make the body part be cut or removed

Even just burns scars would be cool

Replies

• after disney took over star wars its not possible
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • No thanks.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • we don't need gore in star wars.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • RDC
    38 posts Member
    You act like no starwars film involves cutting of parts or burnt slashes
  • Ehhhhh..........

Would you find it cool the first time you saw it? Yes.
    Would it be cool the 10th time? Maybe.
    How about the 100th? The 1000th?

Yes, dismemberment in Star Wars has been there since the first movie. It's in the movies, someone loses a limb or is severed by a lightsaber in the first six. Oddly not the sequels though. Disney. But as it happens, in the first trilogy, it's actually an important story point.

It's still rare, meant to shock and awe the younger audience members. As with everything, the more it happens, the less awesome it becomes. Putting it into a video game means that you're going to see it all the time. It will simply fade into the background as just a thing, and will be no more awesome than what you get now.

If they are going to spend their time adding something to the game, I'd like it to be new content in terms of new, well-designed maps, new game modes, new blasters, new Starfighter Maps DICE.

Plus, Disney isn't going to green light turning Battlefront 2 into a "how far can I get a dismembered arm to sail into the distance game." ;)
  • RDC
    38 posts Member
    But force unleashed was basically that all over and thats a whole game
  • Zyder
    178 posts Member
    Ehhhhh..........

Would you find it cool the first time you saw it? Yes.
    Would it be cool the 10th time? Maybe.
    How about the 100th? The 1000th?

Yes, dismemberment in Star Wars has been there since the first movie. It's in the movies, someone loses a limb or is severed by a lightsaber in the first six. Oddly not the sequels though. Disney. But as it happens, in the first trilogy, it's actually an important story point.

It's still rare, meant to shock and awe the younger audience members. As with everything, the more it happens, the less awesome it becomes. Putting it into a video game means that you're going to see it all the time. It will simply fade into the background as just a thing, and will be no more awesome than what you get now.

If they are going to spend their time adding something to the game, I'd like it to be new content in terms of new, well-designed maps, new game modes, new blasters, new Starfighter Maps DICE.

Plus, Disney isn't going to green light turning Battlefront 2 into a "how far can I get a dismembered arm to sail into the distance game." ;)

Have you heard the tragedy of Snoke, the Forgotten?