criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Slow internet- unplayable. What's the solution?

I get the Slow internet warning in the right corner.
Game is also lagging as not responting as hell.
I doubt it is my internet connection. Have a 500MB/s network with every other MP online game working just fine.
Anyone other have this issue?
What is the solution? Game was running just fine a year ago.

Replies

• Nihil wrote: »
    I get the Slow internet warning in the right corner.
    Game is also lagging as not responting as hell.
    I doubt it is my internet connection. Have a 500MB/s network with every other MP online game working just fine.
    Anyone other have this issue?
    What is the solution? Game was running just fine a year ago.

Mine is always fine, feel bad for u OP
  • i had the same problem. turns out my ethernet cable plug/head was frayed!
  • that used to happen to me in the past I used to just laugh at it knowing it was actually just the garbage servers and not my internet Lol.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

• It's not your connection. The netcode and servers are crap and that's a fact.
  • i had the same problem. turns out my ethernet cable plug/head was frayed!

Yeah usually i use to investigate these issues, but since this problem occures with Battlefront, and every other MP game I play is running flawlessly.......and any kind of download i make is also perfect, the issue has to be with the game.
    It's not your connection. The netcode and servers are crap and that's a fact.

Well I can believe that. :(
  • OcDoc
    1679 posts Member
    Your listed internet speed does seem sufficient OP and it was good a year ago.

Would plug in directly to modem to rule out WiFi issue and disconnect any headphones from your controller as well as any external devices such as usb hubs.

Assuming you are on console.
  • Nihil wrote: »
    i had the same problem. turns out my ethernet cable plug/head was frayed!

Yeah usually i use to investigate these issues, but since this problem occures with Battlefront, and every other MP game I play is running flawlessly.......and any kind of download i make is also perfect, the issue has to be with the game.

my every other internet use was fine too. but as soon as i re-crimped by ethernet cable and put on a new plug freezing issues disappeared!
  • Do you have your server setting at default? I find that if I do, I can get put into servers with a high ping and get the Internet connection warning. If I set to Germany (my closest server) I don't have this issue, but finding games outside peak hours can be patchy.
  • I don't think I had problems with the game, but my internet was always spotty. A few weeks ago the router was replaced, and the guy that came to check it out equated it to a Cave Man... Needless to say it's doing better now that it's replaced, except on the iPad. I think thats more mixed now.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    Your listed internet speed does seem sufficient OP and it was good a year ago.

Would plug in directly to modem to rule out WiFi issue and disconnect any headphones from your controller as well as any external devices such as usb hubs.

Assuming you are on console.

Nope, I'm on PC and directly plugged into the Router/Modem (modem is also a router which is the own device of the ISP)
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I don't think I had problems with the game, but my internet was always spotty. A few weeks ago the router was replaced, and the guy that came to check it out equated it to a Cave Man... Needless to say it's doing better now that it's replaced, except on the iPad. I think thats more mixed now.

So, yesterday had some bumps (in duration. In potency it felt like being pelted with flaming bricks), but my IdeaPad was freaking out worse than usual.
    Maybe something is loose? I think I had a few problems where a wire wasn't plugged in all the way, which caused some problems.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Eormm will put you in bad servers