criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

That Didn't Take Long... Banter Broken

Hero Banter worked for three glorious days (the past three days) and now it's back to not working again on PS4. When it works it's great. Please fix this.

Replies

• You sure? I noticed when it was working again but they still weren't speaking as much as they were when the game first came out.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Well, I noticed a few days ago that it as back in full force. No pun intended. In-era heroes talking to other in-era heroes—a lot. For the last three days it's been that way. Playing HvV. It was working great. Fired it up today and no combo of heroes is talking at all. They still banter with villains, but not each other. Unless it was tuned waaaaaaayyy down, it's broken again.

I hope I'm wrong, but the last few days it was contestant. Now it's very noticeably absent.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    You sure? I noticed when it was working again but they still weren't speaking as much as they were when the game first came out.

You're right. The first day I noticed it there was a little banter, the next day more. day three it was nearly constant. Now radio silence.
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    You sure? I noticed when it was working again but they still weren't speaking as much as they were when the game first came out.

You're right. The first day I noticed it there was a little banter, the next day more. day three it was nearly constant. Now radio silence.

Really begs the question of what is causing this bug and why it is just a PS4 thing.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I agree.

I don't pretend to know anything about programming or game development. But this is very disappointing. The hero banter is one of the things that make this game a true "Star Wars" experience. I can't imagine why this bug is such a tough one to fix for good. There was no patch within the last three days (unless there was a server side update we don't know about.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Really begs the question of what is causing this bug and why it is just a PS4 thing.

Its not just a PS4 thing. There is no banter on PC too.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• I'm not sure if I noticed, I'll keep an ear open to see if it applies to Xbox One (while typing I remembered that a charging Grievous shouted "Suprise!" while claw rushing at me).

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • It seemed like there was a lot of banter when kenobi dropped, now not so much
  • It's fine heard luke & Leia talking
  • NomiSunstrider
    1766 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It's fine heard luke & Leia talking

No its not, friendly banter on pc is non existent.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Yeah, on PS4 I haven't heard much at all. I hear alot of Obi-Wan banter with enemies, but I rarely hear anything from other characters.