criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Over One Year Of Complaints About AFKers

johnny_mercury
4161 posts Member
edited December 2018
And nothing has been done about the issue. DICE endorses this behavior by not fixing it and remaining silent. While not as big of an issue in GA, but impacts all other modes. In HvV this is gamebreaking as it is one less player but it also gives the other team a free target kill. Why this is an issue over a year later is beyond me.
Post edited by johnny_mercury on

Replies

• IronSoldier
    3220 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    And nothing has been done about the issue. DICE endorses this behavior by not fixing it and remaining silent. While not as big of an issue in GA, but impacts all other modes. In HvV this is gamebreaking as it is one less player but it also gives the other team a free target kill. Why this is an issue over a year later is beyond me.

What would be your solution.
  • And nothing has been done about the issue. DICE endorses this behavior by not fixing it and remaining silent. While not as big of an issue in GA, but impacts all other modes. In HvV this is gamebreaking as it is one less player but it also gives the other team a free target kill. Why this is an issue over a year later is beyond me.

1) After 20 seconds of inactivity upon spawning in, you get a 10 second countdown, then you're kicked.

2) For HvV, during that 30 second inactivity period that player is not in the target selection algorithm.

• I also want to point out that I've been kicked from Starfighter Assault for being idle while actually playing.

I've been kicked from Hero Showdown for being idle while dead and spectating.

It seems really easy to get kicked for being AFK in modes that are not HvV.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    I played a match on Mos Eisley earlier with @Landeaux2 and @EventHorizionOH. There was a Boba who exercised the standard fly across the map and hide strategy. He was the target at least six times, resulting in a very long match.

Once he saw that his tactic wasn't going to work, he started AFK spinning for the next match. I would post a video, but that would be considered naming and shaming and I would be the one punished.

My point is that some people do this for no other reason than to ruin the experience for other players. They gain nothing from it but a very small amount of relatively worthless credits. They simply enjoy destroying the game for others and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

The aforementioned type of player can be neutralized with two changes: adding stats and removing the target system. If players had an actual K/D ratio for themselves and others to see, they might not be as inclined to go AFK. And I think we all know how ineffective flying around and doing nothing would be if there was no target system.

One could argue you just described the Sith. The Dark side of the force has every right to be here as we do. They always have a presence. Otherwise, there isn't balance in the force.

Come on, man. Sometimes the troll will win. But how gratifying is it when you know you single handedly crushed that troll and played the objective for a win? Only reason I'm still playing.

The trolls bring balance to the force.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    I also want to point out that I've been kicked from Starfighter Assault for being idle while actually playing.

I've been kicked from Hero Showdown for being idle while dead and spectating.

It seems really easy to get kicked for being AFK in modes that are not HvV.

Had a guy in our multiplayer group who had to go at the end of an Extraction match, left the Playstation party but not the multiplayer group. He stayed through both sides of Jabba's Palace, and when we went to Kessel he was still in the game so we backed out and formed a new group.

I was in a party/multiplayer group a few days ago playing GA. In between matches I took a call, and was kicked for being idle...maybe few minutes. The previous match, about 30 seconds in, my wife came in to ask me something. I crouched behind cover, and we were almost to the second phase of Kashyyk and was still in the game????

• I've said this before, but add the ability to pause while playing online. make it so the players character is removed from the map when you pause it and re appears when they resume it. This isn't just for AFKers either. I don't know how many times I've had to use the bathroom or something and the match was only half over or the GA objective is being contested in overtime and neither side will budge. It's a real problem.
  • I still dislike most HvV suggestions in this thread.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Spergicide wrote: »
    I've said this before, but add the ability to pause while playing online. make it so the players character is removed from the map when you pause it and re appears when they resume it. This isn't just for AFKers either. I don't know how many times I've had to use the bathroom or something and the match was only half over or the GA objective is being contested in overtime and neither side will budge. It's a real problem.

But then you would have people pausing and disappearing if they were the targeting HvV, to avoid deaths (especially if they're playing as a hero on GA); it's too open for abuse.

The previous suggestions by Rivershark56 and johnnymercury are really good ones.
    Personally, I would Have a short AFK timeout on HvV and/or disable auto-spawning in HvV; that way, at good chunk of casual idlers wouldn't be able to spawn into the game if they're killed while being idle, and you wouldn't end up with idlers being made a target. I'm sure most players would prefer 3 versus 4 rather than 3 + motionless target versus 4.
  • Majike wrote: »
    Spergicide wrote: »
    I've said this before, but add the ability to pause while playing online. make it so the players character is removed from the map when you pause it and re appears when they resume it. This isn't just for AFKers either. I don't know how many times I've had to use the bathroom or something and the match was only half over or the GA objective is being contested in overtime and neither side will budge. It's a real problem.

But then you would have people pausing and disappearing if they were the targeting HvV, to avoid deaths (especially if they're playing as a hero on GA); it's too open for abuse.

The previous suggestions by Rivershark56 and johnnymercury are really good ones.
    Personally, I would Have a short AFK timeout on HvV and/or disable auto-spawning in HvV; that way, at good chunk of casual idlers wouldn't be able to spawn into the game if they're killed while being idle, and you wouldn't end up with idlers being made a target. I'm sure most players would prefer 3 versus 4 rather than 3 + motionless target versus 4.

These make sense to me.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Dash
    11476 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Either remove the Target system entirely, or Give the players a TDM HVV alternative/variant as an option to que up for.

Trolls can’t have fun if they can’t/aren’t allowed to be trolls at all. :wink:

Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• WarfareKiller41
    6225 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Reduce the amount of time for an AFK player to get kicked to 1 minute or somewhat higher, right now it takes until about the middle of an HvV match for a player to get kicked
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • @johnny_mercury ...see you next Xmas for the reply to your suggestions .
  • Only solution are harsh kick times: after 30 seconds you are kicked in HvV (or GA) and not allowed to join any game mode for the next hour.

Also, introduce vote for kicking.
  • @johnny_mercury ...see you next Xmas for the reply to your suggestions .

Ha ha ha ha ha, that's optimistic
  • Yoda_Skywalker
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The solution for HvV is so simple. If a villian player leaves making it 4 on 3, you play unbalanced until the next hero dies and they go into watch mode until another hero dies or a 4th villian is added to the game.

And boot an AFK after 20 seconds or so.

giphy.gif
  • Spergicide wrote: »

What's the point of the pause in online games? When I used it a long time ago, I paused it and came back every time being dead. That's the lesson I learned never use that button.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • I’ve said a million times they should have a ready up button prior to match. Just press start or something otherwise you get kicked to another queue or back to menu and another player brought in.
  • Reduce the amount of time for an AFK player to get kicked to 1 minute or somewhat higher, right now it takes until about the middle of an HvV match for a player to get kicked

And just as long if not longer to get a replacement. Game needs a ready up button.