criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

The Road Ahead, Part 9 — July 2020

Scoundrel
254 posts Member
edited December 2018
One of the things I think the team at DICE has been very good about is including all the major bits of Star Wars. Me personally... I'm a OT fan, first. But More importantly, I'm a Star Wars Fan. Clone Wars is great and the Prequels offer lots of great characters and content, and were highly requested by the fan base. Sequel Trilogy content needs to be represented as well. Fans of the ST need to be catered to just like everyone else. There is a lot of essential content that I've outlined in these 'Road Ahead' posts that I've hoped to get for a long time. Point is, ALL of Star Wars should be included here (I'm talking about Film and TV, here). The Movies have been pretty well represented by this point. So has the Clone Wars TV show. That is why I think that this month should be dedicated to...

REBELS
5rtk50l0scyf.jpeg
There is a lot of great content from Rebels to be had. A ton, actually. In case you weren't aware, those Imperial Jumptroopers that are already in Battlefront 2..? Those are straight outta Compton (I mean, Rebels). If you have never seen Rebels, or quit after the first few episodes, give it another shot. You won't be disappointed.

July 2020

GALACTIC ASSAULT / CONQUEST

BATTLE OF LOTHAL
p4a3kkr8czy1.jpeg

Lothal was the home planet of Ezra and focal point of Star Wars Rebels. Here, the crew of the Ghost will do battle with Imperial forces in and above the streets of Lothal.
9s7trie6nk29.jpeg
zngkcdw0wy0f.png
qalv4r5bhkfd.jpeg

STARFIGHTER ASSAULT

SIEGE OF LOTHAL
The Rebels will try to stave off the Imperial Occupation of Lothal among the stars.
g6u7my0sbtkl.jpeg
9adoyuao7igw.jpeg
qcmzmrt2blig.jpeg
4nrtl0putgxm.jpeg
5xkol6v7qvct.png

HERO STARFIGHTER
GHOST (Piloted by HERA and CHOPPER)
The heart and soul of the Rebels Crew and the place where they called home.
The Ghost was a character unto itself.
2cb5u6jwo74x.jpeg
p2uhuu0lyqx3.jpeg
nbpkh62stkpd.png

With Hera and Chopper in the cockpit, it will be one fun ride.
3lahncxu9p6e.png

And there was that time that the Ghost appeared in Rogue One:
p93uk1ndg02p.jpeg
cu4br8l7sf1b.png

VEHICLES, REINFORCEMENTS, and WEAPONS
There are a few options of the team at DICE want to bring us some new vehicles, reinforcements, and weapons from Rebels. Quite a few actually could be added:

AT-DP WALKER
hdu1etify99g.jpeg
m52lp2jq1tjp.png

IMPERIAL COMBAT DRIVER
A potential Reinforcement Skin.
zw4t14ysrnoc.jpeg

IMPERIAL SPEEDERS
If we are to get another Speeder variation, there are plenty from Rebels to choose from.
udqgwx2iudqp.jpeg
c2l6qq0l729k.jpeg
9828oi2zai9x.png

CJ-9 BO RIFLE
I don't usually mention weapons, but this makes too much sense. Originally from Rebels and appearing in BF2015 the BoRifle with its unique Melee ability should return...even if Zeb doesn't. a3u52rwbqzat.png

TIE DEFENDER
Thrawns secret military project would be a great addition to STARFIGHTER ASSAULT. it last appeared in BF2015.
mmzt9q696d5i.jpeg

B-WING
While I agree that this should have been in since launch, what a great time to add it STARFIGHHTER ASSAULT. This was also in BF2015, and of course, Return of the Jedi.
4cg468ncxwf5.jpeg

HEROES

KANAN JARRUS
e68e208cdktq.jpeg
The Cowboy Jedi. The samurai gunslinger. KANAN is a blaster wielding, lightsaber swinging Rebel Jedi who belongs in Battlefront 2. Unique playstyle with a lightsaber as the primary weapon and a blaster as a secondary ability (like Leia's E-11).
a3s015zqwwb6.jpeg
gzeozh1hg4r0.jpeg
7e2twyeuzdxi.jpeg
onczrzp5foau.png

EZRA BRIDGER
j6h0327a5yqp.jpeg
Ezra's Lightsaber/Blaster would be one of the most unique weapons in the entire game.Primary lightsaber with a few bolts to be blasted at a time when the saber is charged... Could work.
x35zkt8h0bhs.jpeg
qwpgl1dq7dmm.jpeg

SABINE WREN
sabj98s9gzcc.jpeg

Dual Blaster wielding. JetPack flying. Explosives expert. Mandalorian bada$$. Female. Colorful. And wih a detonite ability similar to Han Solo, and a Darksaber ability to also use for a brief time.
d7u9ks4c9ftb.jpeg
htaorfsp8s06.jpeg
1q73eqnl1m6v.png

GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN
976m21h6w9zz.jpeg
The expert strategist. Cold. Calculating. Ninja-like hand to hand combat skills. THRAWN is a threat not to be taken lightly.
subhz9feka5u.jpeg
mbwsx6lwx4dw.jpeg
icqy790m5eej.jpeg
vr62dqomtclb.jpeg

GRAND INQUISITOR
pddbwxwb6x9w.jpeg
The Grand Inquisitor helped Darth Vader hunt down and destroy the Jedi. Enough said.

3imaro1i6dbz.jpeg
r6cr2wtv1qsz.jpeg

HERO APPEARANCES
Some new looks for Classic Characters are here as well.

PRINCESS LEIA
nmtznhhdozng.jpeg

DARTH VADER (Battle Damaged) following his duel with Ahsoka
c4rhkisyl15c.jpeg
hlxvwytg817w.jpeg
llgsjrc3rshz.jpeg

LANDO CALRISSIAN
dgiv48arpx7o.jpeg
h6kay2d912yi.png
jrimysz9wq5g.png

This will mark the end of "new" conent for Battlefront 2, but the rest of 2020 should be spent bringing back maps from Battlefront 2015... A look at the wrap up next. And truth be told, I think I'm more excited for this than anything else.

Replies

• 1, 2, a 1, 2, 3, 4, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Okay... I'll take that as you like the ideas.
  • Perfection. Could we maybe also see the inquisitor's tie to match the Ghost?
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Perfection. Could we maybe also see the inquisitor's tie to match the Ghost?

I forgot all about his TIE. Maybe... Trying to stick to the essentials. Which is why Zeb didn't make the cut. Love the character, but there ark their more important heroes. That's how I feel about Clone Wars too. So many characters to choose from but we need only the essentials.
  • let's not, let's do clone wars and prequel content instead :D
  • angrycal04 wrote: »
    let's not, let's do clone wars and prequel content instead :D
    Not instead... There's plenty of clone wars/prequel conent to come before this happens.
  • Is it your special new year post?
  • what's with the clickbait thread titles, making it look like actual upcoming stuff.

the forums are full of way too many ideas threads.

have yet to see any ideas actually get in game.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • Is it your special new year post?

Lol... No, parts 1-8 have already seen the light of day. I do think that the bulk of 2019 will,be clone wars related. I might put together a summary for 2019 and 2020 so it's easier to follow and read.
  • Id be up for some Rebels content.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Id be up for some Rebels content.
    There's a surprising amount that would be really cool. It wasn't until I took a good look did I realize exactly how much...