criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Radical ReAlignment and Expansion

Scoundrel
241 posts Member
edited December 2018
nrq6bhfg6kcp.jpeg

At some point in the future, (way, way in the future) I can see some reshuffling and reorganizing of smaller game modes that will reshape the game. I don't think it will happen for a long time, not until all of the new content has been added to the game...but I do think it will happen, eventually. To make it work, some smaller maps and modes would need to be added from BF2015, so this will means it won't happen until close to the end of the games' lifecycle. Any maps added to the game should also be available in ARCADE... Here's what I think will happen...

OPERATIONS
As it stands now, OPERATIONS consists of three separate modes: BLAST, EXTRACTION, AND EWOK HUNT. OPERATIONS is described in-game as "...diverse set of game modes explore scenarios from across the galaxy, challenging players in unique and exciting ways." With that in mind, as part of this realignment...

1) OPERATIONS becomes a playlist of its own, featuring a variety of game modes in rotation, instead of a collection of individual modes in separate playlists.

2) EXTRACTION is removed from OPERATIONS, and added to STRIKE instead.
Currently, that would mean that STRIKE is expanded to include JABBA'S PALACE and KESSEL in the rotation. Eventually, EXTRACTION can be expanded to include a few more maps:
JABBA'S PALACE GARAGE
qd0h96yoi9rv.jpeg

SOROSUUB PIPELINES
854p3jem2q47.jpeg

SOROSUUB REFINERY
pefawoh7qmhx.jpeg

Mixed together with the current crop of Strike missions, it would make for a much more enjoyable experience, keep more people engaged, and offer a wider variety in playable locations. And for those purists, maybe we can keep each mode playable in its own playlist as well.

3) EWOK HUNT is expanded, becoming HUNT MODE. Probably with 4-5 different scenarios. HUNT MODE will remain in the OPERATIONS rotation and be one of the core modes.

4) BLAST should remain as a separate mode and NOT be included in the OPERATIONS rotation; BLAST should be enhanced with additional maps:

GOAZAN BADLANDS.
8tyi7dpjo2jd.jpeg
This map should be changed from an OT map into a ST map. But otherwise, is a necessary addition to BF2. Sequel trilogy location.

DUNE SEA EXCHANGE
talk about iconography... This map has a Sarlaac pit. Instant win.
h2hb83ia7nof.jpeg
edixyl2us83l.jpeg

SULFUR FIELDS it was the first small map we played in the BF2015 beta.
zfcv6w1aipps.jpeg

PALACE GARAGE
SOROSUBB REFINERY
SOROSUBB PIPELINE

SWAMP CRASH SITE
jpptvgkgu5wh.jpeg

BIONIP LABORATORIES
cjiygrgtade5.jpeg

CARBONITE FREEZE CHAMBER
j97hvssqhv94.jpeg

PILLIO
0zniiojbrmu0.jpeg

VARDOS
x0e5owb084zx.jpeg

BESPIN
bo5jad1loaiy.png

(After seeing Uninspired Zebra's arcade mod for BESPIN I agree that we need it in BF2. I feel like it's a redressed version of Bionip laboratories but people who are better at game design—which is everyone—can confirm).

5) OPERATIONS is further expanded to include DROP ZONE, DROID RUN, and CARGO.

6) SABOTAGE should return and be implemented into GALACTIC ASSAULT (albeit with a player count bump from 32 to 40 to match up with the rest of GA). It's a natural fit as all of the indoor GA maps are essentially Sabotage now anyway (like DEATH STAR and the last two stages of HOTH, or KAMINO). The maps to be reintroduced:
BIONIP LABORATORIES
CLOUD CITY
ADMINISTRATORS PALACE
CARBON FREEZE CHAMBER

So when all is said and done:
OPERATIONS will have HUNT, DROP ZONE, DROID RUN, and CARGO in rotation.
BLAST will remain its own mode.
STRIKE will include EXTRACTION.
GALACTIC ASSAULT will include SABOTAGE.

Pipe dream? Maybe. But if these ideas gain traction, they could well be a reality.

Replies

• I support this idea
    More maps
    I think that the extraction of R2D2 in Death Star could be ported to Battlefront II in the extraction mode
    We need Death Star
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

• Zinjo
    202 posts Member
    edited January 10
    OK now I'm all weapy missing those old BF1 maps you just posted pics of... :'(

I so desperately want to see those old gems back so we can play them with the class system. particularly Sulphur Fields, with the T47 speeders and fighters and all. That was a great large map to play. Too bad there was no class system to really open it up. It would be like the Hoth GA battle, but in the sand.
    l9f9dxn8dc3e.jpg

• I agree with all the places you've just said