criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Palpatine how to play ?

Just wondering if anyone can , share some of there tactics using Palpatine, I love this game but at 50 don’t get a lot of time to play , young children! , anyway I like using Palpatine and have got better but how do you go up against blaster heroes? I get eliminated nearly every time! , dodge, spin still get shot before I can do much damage to them , have tried sensitivity up high but he is really hard to control, any help appreciated

Replies

• Yeah, use both hands with him, and if they are firing at you, use dodge. Having said that, I am still terrible with him. You have to jump and then electrocute mid-air. Being almost 50 with two kids, I am on the same boat :)
  • Keep jumping. If a saber hero attacks you, spin escape through them turn around jump and electrocute. Never take them head on especially on the ground. Always jump attack and spin away...
    They'll expect you to run/ spin away but spin into them and by the time they turn around, u should already have turned around, jumped and started hitting them.
    The stun helps to if timed correctly. Gives u a bit of time to attack or escape. And the vortex thing ( i forget what it's called) is good to activate prior to attacking.

Stick with ur team (if in HvV) and attack who they are attacking rather than going after someone alone at least until you get used to him.

If in GA, lots of spins and keep jumping.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • You have to stay in the air and at medium range. Palpatin has the lowest damage in the game so you have to play the long game. You HAVE to use the range increase card at purple and keep jumping to avoid getting shot. Don't try to use powers other than chain lighting because they all self stun Palp giving the heros extra time to line up head shots. Start off just using only one hand to soften heros up then when they get to half health use two hands and chain lighting to get the kill. Always dodge and jump away if you get outnumbered. (Palp's in game description is wrong, he gets massacred when surrounded)
  • jonci
    858 posts Member
    If u are on my team stay back n support, dodge n jump.
    If your'e on the enemy team against me rush in especially as the target n let me introduce myself up close n personal.
    oh and by the way you are younger than me lol n i play every night.
  • WoodydaCuakB
    879 posts Member
    edited January 3
    You need to jump and dodge
    all - the - time
    when enemy is low health, you can get closer use LT+RT and then finish off with melee
    funny thing, it took me like 2 weeks to realize he had a melee attack :smile:
  • "Lock the door, and hope they don't have blasters."

Unfortunately, after you've dodged your two dodges, if you're up against a good blaster, then you're toast until you get your next dodge back. Jumping up in the air merely means I know you're not dodging until you get back down. Finn's Deadeye and Glie melt you. Lando melts you. Leia.... okay any blaster hero melts you. If they're really good.

Most aren't. I like to dodge through people, turn around, dodge right back through them. Sometimes, not often, but sometimes they lose me and are still looking for me behind them while I start frying them from my original position. If you are close, jump up, many have a hard time tracking this. If you're not close, it just leaves you vulnerable while you're in the air.

But against most saber guys? They are toast. Dark Aura makes it hard to close, your spin dodges keep you at distance. Jump up and over them, lightning springing from your fingers as they just attempt to block. Chain Lightning breaks block for a small millisecond. Run away, cuz you're faster, wait for them to engage someone else, lightning away.
  • Elsinore76 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can , share some of there tactics using Palpatine, I love this game but at 50 don’t get a lot of time to play , young children! , anyway I like using Palpatine and have got better but how do you go up against blaster heroes? I get eliminated nearly every time! , dodge, spin still get shot before I can do much damage to them , have tried sensitivity up high but he is really hard to control, any help appreciated

Sadly, as everyone has indicated, using a non-stop cheesy alteration of dodging and floaty jump-lightning is the surefire way to survive as Palpatine, but also generally a good way to have everyone fighting you to hate your guts, due to how hard it is to actually hit Palpatine when he's floating (it's doable, but just pretty darn hard outside of GA if you and your team mates are all enjoying playing as Jedi and don't want to swap to a blaster hero). It's definitely not sporting (similar to non-stop bunny-hopping Bossk), but it's the best way to play him.
    I try to play Palpatine outside of those tactics; using dodge to get some extra distance when being followed, utilizing terrain (such as huge hangar boxes in HvV Death Star II) to put some space between yourself and the heroes so you can get a chance for your health to regen, and carefully plan/time when to use your abilities: if you use Dark Aura from a good distance away in preparation, people know exactly where you are, but if you use it in the middle of combat, people have a good second or so of being able to wail on you non-stop; save Chain Lightning for when there are a multiple players together; and use Electrocute when enemies are a little too close for comfort and you need to back up.
    If you see or hear, say, Han and Chewie start up their mega-super-happy blaster ability, hide behind something as fast as you can, but if you get stunned or if you hear them start it up, lower your hopes and expect to get slaughtered.
    For Palpy, my star cards are the ones that decreases his lightning's stamina usage, has health restoration added to Chain Lightning, increases his lightning's range (on HvV), and increases the Chain Lighting targets (on GA). While health-on-kill is really useful for GA, I've found that it usually doesn't add on TOO much overall time to your average lifespan on HvV, unless you resort to unsporting tactics and/or happen to be VERY good as the character.
    On the note of unsporting tactics and/or happen to be VERY good as Palpatine, unless you use these, I would advise against charging into the fray as Palpatine, as he makes a very visible target and can't deflect. Maul has the bonus of a spinny-spinny ability and a fast run speed, but with Palpatine, I think he's generally best played while keeping in close vicinity to other players and preferring closer quarters (particularly in GA) rather than over large distances, because that just leaves Palpatine open to a heck of a lot of blasters.
    Importantly: try not to get too attached to heroes in GA and don't expect too long-a-shelf life on your HvV heroes. I have got my troopers to levels 52/52/70/52 and my heroes are all at least 25 (with two in the 40s and half of the rest in the mid-to-late 30s), but depending on how good each team is and what the map is, I can either last a long time (particularly if the enemy team isn't fantastic in GA and I get the right hero for the right map) or a minute tops (if the enemy team is particularly good and depending on the map/hero choice) as ANY given hero.
    I think that's about all the advise I have for now. Phew! Need some coffee. Hope this has been of help!
  • hurt them without them hurting you. most blunt way to put it. more specific "instructions" are to use his auto targetting to your advantage
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Are there issues with Palpatine at the moment or is he just hard to play with? it just seems I'm not doing a whole lot of damage to other heros in HVV and just get destroyed by light sabers and blasters. The other day i got 3 shot killed by an aerial trooper in GA. Just don't understand how people go on these crazy kill streaks with this guy.
  • Zinjo
    202 posts Member
    Novafire wrote: »
    You have to stay in the air and at medium range. Palpatin has the lowest damage in the game so you have to play the long game. You HAVE to use the range increase card at purple and keep jumping to avoid getting shot. Don't try to use powers other than chain lighting because they all self stun Palp giving the heros extra time to line up head shots. Start off just using only one hand to soften heros up then when they get to half health use two hands and chain lighting to get the kill. Always dodge and jump away if you get outnumbered. (Palp's in game description is wrong, he gets massacred when surrounded)
    OK, I've tried two hands, but it never works for me. How is it done?
    l9f9dxn8dc3e.jpg

• Zinjo wrote: »
    Novafire wrote: »
    You have to stay in the air and at medium range. Palpatin has the lowest damage in the game so you have to play the long game. You HAVE to use the range increase card at purple and keep jumping to avoid getting shot. Don't try to use powers other than chain lighting because they all self stun Palp giving the heros extra time to line up head shots. Start off just using only one hand to soften heros up then when they get to half health use two hands and chain lighting to get the kill. Always dodge and jump away if you get outnumbered. (Palp's in game description is wrong, he gets massacred when surrounded)
    OK, I've tried two hands, but it never works for me. How is it done?

Palps uses the ads button as his left hand and with shoot being his right hand, so together gets both at once
  • Palps can be weird.

If you play against him, it seems he just needs to lift a finger and all your life is gone. Blocks evaporate in milliseconds, especially if your name is Kenobi. Luke and Rey both run after him like helpless children while he's floating and dodging away every time until his team members catch up and give them the rest.

If you play Palps, everyone else is a blaster hero and takes you down before you even lifted your robe to jump. Lightsaber users saber-stun you into a corner and are somehow always in the spot you're landing on.

Two extremes. And if really good players are involved. Palps can whisk away most of the time. To be honest, I find it infuriating when I'm playing a lightsaber hero, but on the other hand, when I play Palps and the enemy team has no clue or no blasters, it's game over for them.

Often, Palps mains saltily quit when they are on the LS and find out they can't get a single kill without their senate.

So, yes, as others have said: With Palps it's all about mobility, i.e. constantly dodging away and flying through the air.
    Ironically, our good ex-senator teases Yoda: "You've become decrepit in your old age", while he himself might look the part but certainly is among the nimblest characters.
  • quenaelin
    678 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Jump zap jump zap jump dodge zap dodge dodge zap. Basically very simple and remember to use abilities also and sometimes melee.