criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Would You Sacrifice Your Hard-Won Hero in Order to Save a GA Match?

Replies

• Absolutely. I do it all the time.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Zyder wrote: »
    In HU yes, of course.
    In normal GA, absolutely not.

This is ridiculous.. I just don't understand the logic

Normal GA there is no need as 99% of all games is a steamroll

Wow you must be getting some pretty terrible players in your lobbies... I usually find after a couple of rounds and a match make there is no more steamroller
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    For me, there is no split second decision to make. Always charge in, always go for the win...especially if you can be the difference maker.

If your not playing to win, why play online against other people? I suspect ‘participation trophies’ are to blame for those that say there’s no incentive to go for it because...example: the credit payout isn’t much different.

In your case OP, you save your Rey, match ends....done deal. You go for it, you at least have a chance to capture the objective and take your Rey further. I’m betting you went for it.

I read this post in my head with the voice of Count Dooku. Because of your profile picture. I think he would actually say that though, " suspect ‘participation trophies’ are to blame for those that say there’s no incentive to go for it"
    In HU yes, of course.

This is ridiculous.. I just don't understand the logic

Normal GA there is no need as 99% of all games is a steamroll

Wow you must be getting some pretty terrible players in your lobbies... I usually find after a couple of rounds and a match make there is no more steamroller

Can’t disagree there
  • I don’t see it’s a question at all. Finishing first as Rey... Really? The skill players are the ones who know what’s going on anyway and finishing first as Rey isn’t impressing anyone. You always sacrifice whatever is needed for the win. Real players understand what’s going on and are the ones who really matter. Simply playing for scoreboard placement is... [insert derogative].
  • It's either that or lose, and I'd rather win since I get more credits and odds are that sacrifice will net experience for hero in question. Sacrificing yourself for the team to make a big play is not something to think twice about. Nor should making the play that the hero sacrificed themselves for (which still gets done only once every two times or so, somehow).
  • Yes, yes and some more yes.
    If your playing as a hero, be a hero.
    Once I got Boba fett and I flew in on the center turbolaser on Yaven 4 (When we had a few tickets left) and planted the bomb, I died instantly, but our team made it to the second phase.
    I wish everyone would use their heroes as actual heroes.
    Some random assault player who plays the OBJ is more of a hero than Yoda sitting in the back doing nothing.
    giphy.gif

“Pessimism never won any battle.”
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
    -Ronald Reagan
    In HU yes, of course.

I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain!

"Let me get the last kill! So I can look pretty at the top!"
    giphy.gif

“Pessimism never won any battle.”
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
    -Ronald Reagan
  • TjPunx
    1458 posts Member
    No I wouldnt
  • Drfeelbad wrote: »
    Yes, yes and some more yes.
    Once I got Boba fett and I flew in on the center turbolaser on Yaven 4 (When we had a few tickets left) and planted the bomb, I died instantly, but our team made it to the second phase.
    Some random assault player who plays the OBJ is more of a hero than Yoda sitting in the back doing nothing.

Yoda can be a very useful support hero on Phase 2 of Kashyyyk. I got few kills as Yoda, but, since I was buffing everyone around me in the last remaining turbo tank, no separatist ever made it inside the doors (I was also buffing a Rey in the same tank).
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • At that point, who cares? My question would be, how long had you been Rey before suddenly realizing you're going to lose? I mean, I'm guessing if you're first in points, you probably won the race to the first hero by a landslide considering Rey is out of era, which means when you got your hero there should have been about 40-60 tickets left. All isn't lost at that point. So why wait until 2 tickets left to make that decision? Why not "sacrifice" your character prior to imminent doom?

Now let's say you have the option of getting your hero late in the first round. When you spawn in as Rey, you're in first place, and your team has less than 10 tickets left. Well, why did you pick Rey? Was it for a screenshot of Rey in 1st for your archives? Was it because you felt Rey gave you the best chance of winning? Was it because Rey is the easiest to maintain your points lead due to easy wall hack kill assists?

So my guess is that you got Rey with about 30-60 tickets left and then went on a sick killstreak, mopping up Stormtroopers, not really focusing on the objective, and when you got near the end you felt a level of guilt for your amazing first place score on a losing team, and an obligation to make a "sacrifice" to feel like a team player.

Next time play the objective from the start, especially when you get the hero, and you shouldn't run into that problem. But to answer your question, I would have immediately sacrificed my hero to cap the last objective. Because getting to phase 2 is the only possible way to win the match. Sorry if I'm coming off as grumpy, but you're "predicament" is exactly why games end in Phase 1. PTFO.

Actually, I think I was guarding the center objective while my teammates took it down. Then I ran outside, killed some stormtroopers, and then realized that we had 2 tickets left. That was when I charged in and disabled it before dying.

• At that point, who cares? My question would be, how long had you been Rey before suddenly realizing you're going to lose? I mean, I'm guessing if you're first in points, you probably won the race to the first hero by a landslide considering Rey is out of era, which means when you got your hero there should have been about 40-60 tickets left. All isn't lost at that point. So why wait until 2 tickets left to make that decision? Why not "sacrifice" your character prior to imminent doom?

Now let's say you have the option of getting your hero late in the first round. When you spawn in as Rey, you're in first place, and your team has less than 10 tickets left. Well, why did you pick Rey? Was it for a screenshot of Rey in 1st for your archives? Was it because you felt Rey gave you the best chance of winning? Was it because Rey is the easiest to maintain your points lead due to easy wall hack kill assists?

So my guess is that you got Rey with about 30-60 tickets left and then went on a sick killstreak, mopping up Stormtroopers, not really focusing on the objective, and when you got near the end you felt a level of guilt for your amazing first place score on a losing team, and an obligation to make a "sacrifice" to feel like a team player.

Next time play the objective from the start, especially when you get the hero, and you shouldn't run into that problem. But to answer your question, I would have immediately sacrificed my hero to cap the last objective. Because getting to phase 2 is the only possible way to win the match. Sorry if I'm coming off as grumpy, but you're "predicament" is exactly why games end in Phase 1. PTFO.

Actually, I think I was guarding the center objective while my teammates took it down. Then I ran outside, killed some stormtroopers, and then realized that we had 2 tickets left. That was when I charged in and disabled it before dying.

I think; the details are kind of fuzzy now. Only the sacrifice really stands out in my memory right now.

• I will also add that you won't sacrifice your hero when you end up pushing the enemy back and winning the game
    meklhoyrcmv1.jpg
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I will also add that you won't sacrifice your hero when you end up pushing the enemy back and winning the game
    meklhoyrcmv1.jpg

You do sacrifice your hero if you die in the attempt when the enemy spams their grenades at you from every direction and you don’t have a shield ability.

Btw, @Empire_TW , does Iden’s shield block grenades? I know lightsabers and melee go through it.

I will also add that you won't sacrifice your hero when you end up pushing the enemy back and winning the game
    meklhoyrcmv1.jpg

You do sacrifice your hero if you die in the attempt when the enemy spams their grenades at you from every direction and you don’t have a shield ability.

Btw, @Empire_TW , does Iden’s shield block grenades? I know lightsabers and melee go through it.

Well, it's a good thing I have that shield then. For the most part, it does block all the damage, only takes damage if it's inside the shield itself which a rarity.

It's funny how they all throw them at me and it all does nothing
    08dme40cbmmd.gif
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Charge in always, if you lose you're still probably gonna be high on the scoreboard. As others have said though, being the winning team is more important to me than scoreboard position. Plenty of times I've been the reason we've broken the line and pushed to victory but haven't been leading on the scoreboard. Victory is everything.
  • Azelrazel wrote: »
    Charge in always, if you lose you're still probably gonna be high on the scoreboard. As others have said though, being the winning team is more important to me than scoreboard position. Plenty of times I've been the reason we've broken the line and pushed to victory but haven't been leading on the scoreboard. Victory is everything.

Agree.

Empire_TW wrote: »
    meklhoyrcmv1.jpg

Well, it's a good thing I have that shield then. For the most part, it does block all the damage, only takes damage if it's inside the shield itself which a rarity.

08dme40cbmmd.gif

Lol. Thanks for the info. I will bear that in mind for future reference.

Empire_TW wrote: »
    meklhoyrcmv1.jpg

08dme40cbmmd.gif

Lol. Thanks for the info. I will bear that in mind for future reference.

Doesn't block ion grenade
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    Drfeelbad wrote: »
    Yes, yes and some more yes.

Yoda can be a very useful support hero on Phase 2 of Kashyyyk. I got few kills as Yoda, but, since I was buffing everyone around me in the last remaining turbo tank, no separatist ever made it inside the doors (I was also buffing a Rey in the same tank).

If you get Rey and Yoda in a turbo tank, the game is over.
  • I ALWAYS play the objective, even if it means sacrifice.
  • I always play to win, even in ridiculous scenarios. I frequently Vanguard Rush those “secure” objects in overtime for the sole purpose of not losing footing- even if I die 10 seconds later and tank my K:D ratio. Same applies for heroes.
  • I don’t see it’s a question at all. Finishing first as Rey... Really? The skill players are the ones who know what’s going on anyway and finishing first as Rey isn’t impressing anyone. You always sacrifice whatever is needed for the win. Real players understand what’s going on and are the ones who really matter. Simply playing for scoreboard placement is... [insert derogative].

I think this is happening more because of new influx of players after Xmas. The amount of players in the last couple of weeks I've seen finishing top of the leader board but on the losing team in GA is hilarious. Racking up loads of points and huge kill streaks but doing nothing to help their team. Well I understand it to a degree but it does make me laugh too.

My satisfaction comes from winning.

Very often the most important person on a team is not anywhere near the top of the leader board.

I think this is happening more because of new influx of players after Xmas. The amount of players in the last couple of weeks I've seen finishing top of the leader board but on the losing team in GA is hilarious. Racking up loads of points and huge kill streaks but doing nothing to help their team. Well I understand it to a degree but it does make me laugh too.

Very often the most important person on a team is not anywhere near the top of the leader board.

Agree. Especially those who play as a heavy for the last two phases of Geonosis for the droids, even when they can get a hero.

• No need to ask ....go for the team win
  • No need to ask ....go for the team win

Exactly. That’s what I did. ;)

• Chico
    339 posts Member
    I don’t see it’s a question at all. Finishing first as Rey... Really? The skill players are the ones who know what’s going on anyway and finishing first as Rey isn’t impressing anyone. You always sacrifice whatever is needed for the win. Real players understand what’s going on and are the ones who really matter. Simply playing for scoreboard placement is... [insert derogative].

Totally agree with this. The number of matches recently where top scorer on the losing team has 60+ elims and I haven't seen them near the objective all match is ridiculous. I always PTO and rarely get over 10 elims with a hero because I can't help jumping into hopeless situations to try and turn things around for my team (plus I pretty much suck at hero play so I know I won't be taking them to the end anyway).
  • I always make a big move right before the match ends. Even though your hero dies you still remain at the end of match screen as the hero you played as if you don't choose another character.
    Current Topics:
    Hero/Villain Star Card Concepts
    Leia Organa Ability Improvements

b1p3arep6n15.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩. 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙛𝙪𝙡, 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧! ❞
    - Captain Phasma

• Depends. What phase & how many tickets are left. If it's the first no way let the game keep going if it's the second may be & if it's the third yes
  • Chico wrote: »
    I don’t see it’s a question at all. Finishing first as Rey... Really? The skill players are the ones who know what’s going on anyway and finishing first as Rey isn’t impressing anyone. You always sacrifice whatever is needed for the win. Real players understand what’s going on and are the ones who really matter. Simply playing for scoreboard placement is... [insert derogative].

Totally agree with this. The number of matches recently where top scorer on the losing team has 60+ elims and I haven't seen them near the objective all match is ridiculous. I always PTO and rarely get over 10 elims with a hero because I can't help jumping into hopeless situations to try and turn things around for my team (plus I pretty much suck at hero play so I know I won't be taking them to the end anyway).

Haha yes you are not alone there. I am ok with some heros and have had some great killstreaks... I do suck at others though. but I have no desire to go on a long killstreak ..(which involves a degree of patience and/or skirting around the objective to stay alive rather than get involved)......and suffer defeat. Winning the match is everything to me.. its the main satisfaction.. not score, or credits .. I have plenty of both.. they are nto hard to come by ... racking up a good GA winstreak of matches is hugely satisfying though.....

Having said that... only if they are close . winning a steamrolled match is not enjoyable either.
  • when you sacrifice your hero to win the game (to team):
    I'm bleeding out
    Said if the last thing that I do
    Is to bring them down
    I'll bleed out for you
    So I bear my skin
    And I count my sins
    And I close my eyes
    And I take it in
    And I'm bleeding out
    I'm bleeding out for you (for you)
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • TjPunx
    1458 posts Member
    100% no. I have to keep my K/D ratio, and kill streak in tact
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    100% no. I have to keep my K/D ratio, and kill streak in tact

but you won't have it anyway if the game ends. you might as well try to keep the game going with some chance of living to get more kills
  • TjPunx
    1458 posts Member
    I’ll pass. Pto gets boring
  • children! cover your ears!
  • Hard won hero.... :smiley:
  • I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • Dash
    11556 posts Member
    edited January 8
    I gotta say, aside from the jokes here and there, I’m pretty proud to see all the Pro PTO comments. Makes me happy. :blush:

As for me, my answer to this thread/question is Without Question”. 100% would sacrifice my Hero if I had to. No doubt.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

Implying blast takes less skill than GA somehow

fqf39mu40291.gif
    [+3748 posts]
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    I’ll pass. Pto gets boring

Oh really? That’s where all the action is.

• Relmets wrote: »
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

fqf39mu40291.gif
    Let's see here, one game mode is solely based on kills with 6 different unit options at a players disposal, smaller maps, and much smaller team sizes i.e. Blast. The other game mode involves those same 6 units + vehicles (most maps) + starfighters (most maps) + heroes/villains + objectives over the course of multiple phases with bigger teams i.e. GA. Yep, it goes without question that Blast takes a lot less skill to be good at as there are clearly less variables involved. But yeah, you go on pretending that is not the case, laser brain.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • Relmets wrote: »

fqf39mu40291.gif
    Let's see here, one game mode is solely based on kills with 6 different unit options at a players disposal, smaller maps, and much smaller team sizes i.e. Blast. The other game mode involves those same 6 units + vehicles (most maps) + starfighters (most maps) + heroes/villains + objectives over the course of multiple phases with bigger teams i.e. GA. Yep, it goes without question that Blast takes a lot less skill to be good at as there are clearly less variables involved. But yeah, you go on pretending that is not the case, laser brain.

forum fight! forum fight! forum fight! FORUM FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • If you do something that is just for you that's lust. If you do something for others with no thought of reward that's love. If you do something that is the best possible action for all that's logic.
  • TjPunx
    1458 posts Member
    I like having a kill streak so I do t PTO. What fun is it having your hard earned hero shredded in seconds charging an objective
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    I like having a kill streak so I do t PTO. What fun is it having your hard earned hero shredded in seconds charging an objective
    What fun is it when the match ends in phase 1, yet you stayed alive as your hero, you gain nothing from that
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    What fun is it when the match ends in phase 1, yet you stayed alive as your hero, you gain nothing from that

exactly...thank you....
  • I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

Never heard of you?
  • SWymsa wrote: »

Never heard of you?

Same never heard of you. It's not quite as famous as mvp8243 on the Virginia servers lmao
  • i'll never be famous...
  • If its down to the last straw and I feel the team is competent, yes. IF not, then no
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force