criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Would You Sacrifice Your Hard-Won Hero in Order to Save a GA Match?

13Next

Replies

  • Liz4rD
    374 posts Member
    I do it ALL THE TIME
  • Relmets wrote: »
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

    Implying blast takes less skill than GA somehow

    fqf39mu40291.gif
    Let's see here, one game mode is solely based on kills with 6 different unit options at a players disposal, smaller maps, and much smaller team sizes i.e. Blast. The other game mode involves those same 6 units + vehicles (most maps) + starfighters (most maps) + heroes/villains + objectives over the course of multiple phases with bigger teams i.e. GA. Yep, it goes without question that Blast takes a lot less skill to be good at as there are clearly less variables involved. But yeah, you go on pretending that is not the case, laser brain.

    Nonsense. More 'variables' doesn't mean more skill. A more level playing field is a more skilled arena. Blast could still be improved in that department (enforcers and aerials) but it's certainly better than GA. And let's not even talk about the objectives. You're going to tell me the objectives of GA that hold players' hands and herd them into various rooms like cattle, exacerbating explosive spam, and making gameplay completely linear, somehow are better than a straight up deathmatch?

    Of course the concept of skill-based gameplay being completely foreign to a GA player is nothing new
    bweMMLi.gif
    FORUM JESTER
    HUTTSLEIA
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

    Never heard of you?

    Then post your ps4 handle so I can find your name on a screenshot that I saved from a game I owned you in. Otherwise, quit pretending like someone needs to stream or post YouTube vids to be damn good on the Battlefront.
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

    Never heard of you?

    Same never heard of you. It's not quite as famous as mvp8243 on the Virginia servers lmao

    Then by all means please do post your ps4 handle so that I can locate a previously saved screenshot of me owning you in GA just like Obi-Wan owned you on Mustafar.
  • Play The Objective.

    For me that's the established game objectives and winning, not the top of the leader board. So I tend to use my heroes to knock the door in every time. Sometimes people don't read that and follow up, so we lose the objective. Whatever. I can't play any other way lol.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

    Implying blast takes less skill than GA somehow

    fqf39mu40291.gif
    Let's see here, one game mode is solely based on kills with 6 different unit options at a players disposal, smaller maps, and much smaller team sizes i.e. Blast. The other game mode involves those same 6 units + vehicles (most maps) + starfighters (most maps) + heroes/villains + objectives over the course of multiple phases with bigger teams i.e. GA. Yep, it goes without question that Blast takes a lot less skill to be good at as there are clearly less variables involved. But yeah, you go on pretending that is not the case, laser brain.

    Nonsense. More 'variables' doesn't mean more skill. A more level playing field is a more skilled arena. Blast could still be improved in that department (enforcers and aerials) but it's certainly better than GA. And let's not even talk about the objectives. You're going to tell me the objectives of GA that hold players' hands and herd them into various rooms like cattle, exacerbating explosive spam, and making gameplay completely linear, somehow are better than a straight up deathmatch?

    Of course the concept of skill-based gameplay being completely foreign to a GA player is nothing new
    bweMMLi.gif

    Keep on talking up the non-existent equal par of skill level that your GA basic training mode Blast somehow shares with regards to the land, air, armor, objectives, Hero abilities/arsenals, lightsabers, and the Force present in GA. Oh, and while you are at it please go look up the word logic, and remember how the only priority in Blast is that of 100 eliminations.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

    Implying blast takes less skill than GA somehow

    fqf39mu40291.gif
    Let's see here, one game mode is solely based on kills with 6 different unit options at a players disposal, smaller maps, and much smaller team sizes i.e. Blast. The other game mode involves those same 6 units + vehicles (most maps) + starfighters (most maps) + heroes/villains + objectives over the course of multiple phases with bigger teams i.e. GA. Yep, it goes without question that Blast takes a lot less skill to be good at as there are clearly less variables involved. But yeah, you go on pretending that is not the case, laser brain.

    Nonsense. More 'variables' doesn't mean more skill. A more level playing field is a more skilled arena. Blast could still be improved in that department (enforcers and aerials) but it's certainly better than GA. And let's not even talk about the objectives. You're going to tell me the objectives of GA that hold players' hands and herd them into various rooms like cattle, exacerbating explosive spam, and making gameplay completely linear, somehow are better than a straight up deathmatch?

    Of course the concept of skill-based gameplay being completely foreign to a GA player is nothing new
    bweMMLi.gif

    Keep on talking up the non-existent equal par of skill level that your GA basic training mode Blast somehow shares with regards to the land, air, armor, objectives, Hero abilities/arsenals, lightsabers, and the Force present in GA. Oh, and while you are at it please go look up the word logic, and remember how the only priority in Blast is that of 100 eliminations.

    Your argument is nothing other than GA takes "more skill" because "it hav moar stuff!!11!", which we've already discussed is completely silly. If you're going to be willfully ignorant of what I'm telling you then there's no point in saying it again.

    You're bashing blast because you either get your rear handed to you when playing it, or you don't find it that fun in general. Neither of those things have anything to do with the mode, they're both on you. You're saying there's no skill involved because you want to pretend that your choice of modes makes you a better player. Yawn.

    And telling me to "go look up the word logic" doesn't mean anything, it's just you trying to sound smart because you don't know what else to say.

    FRTZpmd.png

    FORUM JESTER
    HUTTSLEIA
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Guys guys shall we calm down.
    Can we just agree there are more variables to winning a match of GA rather than a match of blast. But it takes more skill as a killer to win on blast than GA as there are other ways to win in GA? Is that a fair compromise?
  • Guys guys shall we calm down.
    Can we just agree there are more variables to winning a match of GA rather than a match of blast. But it takes more skill as a killer to win on blast than GA as there are other ways to win in GA? Is that a fair compromise?

    The only compromise is that it's time for trooper content
    tumblr_p8zy1x6ycS1sxwyufo6_r1_400.gif
    FORUM JESTER
    HUTTSLEIA
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I will also add that you won't sacrifice your hero when you end up pushing the enemy back and winning the game
    meklhoyrcmv1.jpg

    nah you're just being a hero-hog you're supposed to suicide on the button and then let the 16th place player hide in the corner with grievance while you lose the game
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

    Implying blast takes less skill than GA somehow

    fqf39mu40291.gif
    Let's see here, one game mode is solely based on kills with 6 different unit options at a players disposal, smaller maps, and much smaller team sizes i.e. Blast. The other game mode involves those same 6 units + vehicles (most maps) + starfighters (most maps) + heroes/villains + objectives over the course of multiple phases with bigger teams i.e. GA. Yep, it goes without question that Blast takes a lot less skill to be good at as there are clearly less variables involved. But yeah, you go on pretending that is not the case, laser brain.

    Nonsense. More 'variables' doesn't mean more skill. A more level playing field is a more skilled arena. Blast could still be improved in that department (enforcers and aerials) but it's certainly better than GA. And let's not even talk about the objectives. You're going to tell me the objectives of GA that hold players' hands and herd them into various rooms like cattle, exacerbating explosive spam, and making gameplay completely linear, somehow are better than a straight up deathmatch?

    Of course the concept of skill-based gameplay being completely foreign to a GA player is nothing new

    Yeah if anything most comp environments attempt to reduce variables as it adds randomness and therefore detracts from the skill gap. I'll note that the benchmark most competitive shooter game on the market (Counter Strike) has for nearly 20 years had all of 3 viable weapons in its metagame (AK, M4, AWP for snipers)

    BF1 for another instance, they removed the "hero" classes from TDM, Dom and Incursions when they tried comp, because there was no way to predict when you'd run into one and you'd usually auto lose regardless of how skillfully you played or how sloppy the elite class player was (you could hit them enough times to kill a normal infantry 3x over and they'd still have time to turn or adjust their bad aim to oneframe you).

    I like playing GA and generally the cream rises to the top regardless of mechanics, but the actual "skill" part of heroes is keeping them alive all game while having a significant impact on the objective and end result (doing one or the other is easy).

    Individual kills basically amount to looking at a trooper and pressing one button, and any turnip with a hero can zerg the objective and die to get the bar halfway up (though many GA players even fail at that, somehow).
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I will also add that you won't sacrifice your hero when you end up pushing the enemy back and winning the game
    meklhoyrcmv1.jpg

    nah you're just being a hero-hog you're supposed to suicide on the button and then let the 16th place player hide in the corner with grievance while you lose the game

    Don't get angry at him he is having fun. This is like why HU should be permanent so he can play as his favorite robot all the time without putting in the effort to earn him.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.


  • SWymsa wrote: »
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

    Never heard of you?

    Same never heard of you. It's not quite as famous as mvp8243 on the Virginia servers lmao

    Then by all means please do post your ps4 handle so that I can locate a previously saved screenshot of me owning you in GA just like Obi-Wan owned you on Mustafar.

    I did it's mvp8243
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

    Never heard of you?

    Same never heard of you. It's not quite as famous as mvp8243 on the Virginia servers lmao

    Then by all means please do post your ps4 handle so that I can locate a previously saved screenshot of me owning you in GA just like Obi-Wan owned you on Mustafar.

    I did it's mvp8243

    you've got some cool comebacks...
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...

  • Yeah if anything most comp environments attempt to reduce variables as it adds randomness and therefore detracts from the skill gap.

    Couldn't have said it better. @ValarMorghulis81 take notes

    I like playing GA and generally the cream rises to the top regardless of mechanics, but the actual "skill" part of heroes is keeping them alive all game while having a significant impact on the objective and end result (doing one or the other is easy).

    Individual kills basically amount to looking at a trooper and pressing one button, and any turnip with a hero can zerg the objective and die to get the bar halfway up (though many GA players even fail at that, somehow).

    Agreed, it's not that a GA hero player doesn't employ skill, it's just a different kind of skill. A certain someone claiming that blast doesn't take skill because it's essentially barebones gameplay (apart from the enforcers/aerials) simply doesn't make sense.
    FORUM JESTER
    HUTTSLEIA
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Never said GA basic training (i.e. Blast) doesn't require skill. I simply pointed out the fact that it requires far less skill than GA. But hey, you go right ahead and further conjure up some more non-existent statements that you somehow previously felt the need to add to my clearly legible posts. I do not need to try to sound smart when I am very much intelligent. If you have a ps4 handle post it, and I will join up on Blast just so I can be on the opposing team. Blast is without doubt a one dimensional snooze fest that I haven't had use for since very, very early last year. I can play that game mode and win with relative ease, while also routinely placing in the Top 5. But hey, I'm sure that in your delusional mind I am now lying about that, right? I mean, so very much has changed regarding gameplay in Blast, right? Nope. A couple of different maps. So enjoy talking your nonsense over the Internet as you further catch feelings (breakdown in your already absentee logic on this matter) about a basic training game mode to an all time glitchy game title whose only saving grace is that it's based on Star Wars.
  • Never said GA basic training (i.e. Blast) doesn't require skill. I simply pointed out the fact that it requires far less skill than GA.

    Which is essentially the same nonsense argument that has been dismantled multiple times. No amount of anger-induced drivel is going to validate it.
    image0.gif
    FORUM JESTER
    HUTTSLEIA
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Always do it, 99% of my friends do not. That’s why when I play along with them chances to win increase dramatically. I don’t know bur maybe it is just millenials and z generation mentality. To them is normal to lose as long as they stay alive with their heroes.they will never sacrifice their heroes to win a match. They will try hard to win but never to the point of sacrificing their precious and valuable heroes. These kiddos this days, they should have grown in the 90s. I cannot stand to their selfish mentality. Thank’s God K/D’s no longer exist in BF2.
  • why is this thread just a whose better than who thread?
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • why is this thread just a whose better than who thread?

    My thoughts exactly. Move your arguments somewhere else please!
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    If you do something that is just for you that's lust. If you do something for others with no thought of reward that's love. If you do something that is the best possible action for all that's logic.

    The force is strong with this one.
  • Lee1981
    1240 posts Member
    edited January 12
    why is this thread just a whose better than who thread?
    Agreed

    Unfortunately too many on here like to feed their egos, and it’s not just this thread pretty much all the most populated ones end up that way as well
  • I agree ..last few weeks the forums have been full of this ego rubbish. Some very wild and bizarre claims.

    I'd like to go back to comments on gameplay,content and how we can improve the game please.

    Let's accept that different people will have different opinions because we are all different and there is nothing wrong with that
  • I agree ..last few weeks the forums have been full of this ego rubbish. Some very wild and bizarre claims.

    I'd like to go back to comments on gameplay,content and how we can improve the game please.

    Let's accept that different people will have different opinions because we are all different and there is nothing wrong with that

    I completely agree.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I will also add that you won't sacrifice your hero when you end up pushing the enemy back and winning the game
    meklhoyrcmv1.jpg

    nah you're just being a hero-hog you're supposed to suicide on the button and then let the 16th place player hide in the corner with grievance while you lose the game

    Don't get angry at him he is having fun. This is like why HU should be permanent so he can play as his favorite robot all the time without putting in the effort to earn him.

    Lmao "earn". How2Earn hero since the 4500 BP change

    1) spawn into the match on clown wors map

    2) team completes objectives. You get 575 points for doing nothing. Also get 1-200 points everytime you die.

    3) By P3/4 you can camp respawn screen and be guaranteed to play general robot and go on your 3 killstreak

    that assuming the terrible map design doesn't prevent your team ever reaching the last phase in the first place
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Never said GA basic training (i.e. Blast) doesn't require skill. I simply pointed out the fact that it requires far less skill than GA.

    Which is essentially the same nonsense argument that has been dismantled multiple times. No amount of anger-induced drivel is going to validate it.
    image0.gif

    Amazing how you believe a one dimensional game mode that solely revolves around first team to 100 eliminations is somehow on par skill wise with an objective based, multi-phase land, armor, air, and Hero game mode. Do yourself a favor you popculture zombie (as your lame GIFs betray you), and go take an Elements of Logic class. Unless you are too busy inserting some more non-existent statements/emotions into another person's coherent thoughts, you naive child.
  • Zyder wrote: »
    In HU yes, of course.
    In normal GA, absolutely not.

    I agree with this 100%
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

    Never heard of you?

    Same never heard of you. It's not quite as famous as mvp8243 on the Virginia servers lmao

    Then by all means please do post your ps4 handle so that I can locate a previously saved screenshot of me owning you in GA just like Obi-Wan owned you on Mustafar.

    I did it's mvp8243

    I've lost to you and I've beaten you. But hey, I guess that is far too much honesty for you to believe, huh? In some of those games the losses & wins were much the result of terrible teams, as is to be expected with the joke EA somehow deems to be matchmaking. Believe what you will, as it can't and won't take away from what I know.
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    I do it nearly every match due to all of the bantha poodoo players whom I have the displeasure of being on a team with. Most of those weak minded fools should stick to Blast (that's how I got good) and then move up to GA. I'm not the best BF2 player but if you play GA on PS4 you know the handle ValarMorghulisDL.

    Never heard of you?

    Then post your ps4 handle so I can find your name on a screenshot that I saved from a game I owned you in. Otherwise, quit pretending like someone needs to stream or post YouTube vids to be damn good on the Battlefront.

    Such salt, check your blood pressure wee man :smiley:
  • It doesn’t make sense why someone would sacrifice a hero to PTO. You can provide support from the back, and why waste all those BPs
  • I usually save to have my heroes towards the ends of matches for that reason. Last night I waited to the last phase to use Lando to keep the droids away from the fuel cells on kashyyyk. I did eventually do but I kept their metallic fingers away from the objective long enough to ensure a win.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Never said GA basic training (i.e. Blast) doesn't require skill. I simply pointed out the fact that it requires far less skill than GA.

    Which is essentially the same nonsense argument that has been dismantled multiple times. No amount of anger-induced drivel is going to validate it.
    image0.gif

    Amazing how you believe a one dimensional game mode that solely revolves around first team to 100 eliminations is somehow on par skill wise with an objective based, multi-phase land, armor, air, and Hero game mode. Do yourself a favor you popculture zombie (as your lame GIFs betray you), and go take an Elements of Logic class. Unless you are too busy inserting some more non-existent statements/emotions into another person's coherent thoughts, you naive child.

    A pop culture zombie? Do you know where you are? This is a STAR WARS video game forum
    giphy.gif

    FORUM JESTER
    HUTTSLEIA
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I will also add that you won't sacrifice your hero when you end up pushing the enemy back and winning the game
    meklhoyrcmv1.jpg

    nah you're just being a hero-hog you're supposed to suicide on the button and then let the 16th place player hide in the corner with grievance while you lose the game

    Don't get angry at him he is having fun. This is like why HU should be permanent so he can play as his favorite robot all the time without putting in the effort to earn him.

    Lmao "earn". How2Earn hero since the 4500 BP change

    1) spawn into the match on clown wors map

    2) team completes objectives. You get 575 points for doing nothing. Also get 1-200 points everytime you die.

    3) By P3/4 you can camp respawn screen and be guaranteed to play general robot and go on your 3 killstreak

    that assuming the terrible map design doesn't prevent your team ever reaching the last phase in the first place

    if it's one of those maps you can guarantee it ends on phase 2, if not odds are the defenders are really bad and the attackers will have won before the Silly Robot can even get to the final control point.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.


  • Relmets wrote: »
    Never said GA basic training (i.e. Blast) doesn't require skill. I simply pointed out the fact that it requires far less skill than GA.

    Which is essentially the same nonsense argument that has been dismantled multiple times. No amount of anger-induced drivel is going to validate it.
    image0.gif

    Amazing how you believe a one dimensional game mode that solely revolves around first team to 100 eliminations is somehow on par skill wise with an objective based, multi-phase land, armor, air, and Hero game mode. Do yourself a favor you popculture zombie (as your lame GIFs betray you), and go take an Elements of Logic class. Unless you are too busy inserting some more non-existent statements/emotions into another person's coherent thoughts, you naive child.

    What's the matter?! Don't like GIFs? Now you've done it! Come here, you!
    jtf1qru08wr7.gif
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • This thread is becoming so salty 😂
  • @Relmets @ValarMorghulis81

    I saw the banter between you two and thought I may add my two cents, for what it's worth.

    If you want to measure which mode (between Blast & Galactic Assault) requires the most amount of skill; you must first agree on how you will define "skill". Some quick options include: K/D ratio per match; impact on outcome of match (objective play or for Blast it would be team support with higher eliminations); placement on leaderboard; etc. Once you can define "skill" you can start comparing modes.

    I would define "skill" by a combination of your impact on the outcome of the game along with placement in the round's final result.

    I personally believe that Galactic Assault would require the most skill. Reason being, in order to impact the match and lead your team to a victory, you cannot focus on one single aspect of the game (Eliminations). In order to make a full impact on a round, you have to be able to adapt to the conditions of a particular round. Conditions will change much more frequently in Galactic Assault.

    For example: I may need to jump in a Starfighter on Starkiller Base as the Resistance, not because I want to fly, but because we're getting straffed by the same 2 First Order players over and over holding us back from getting the objective. In order to maximize my impact on that round, I absolutely have to adjust my play to counter the Starfighters if I want to win. That requires me to be skilled on multiple available units in that round. If I can't fly well, I may not be able to make a big enough impact on the round. Now look, before you retort with "there's other ways to counter a Starfighter" please understand the reasoning behind the example. I understand a Heavy or Specialist can also successfully counter a Starfighter, and that's totally fine and leads me to my next point.

    Each class is designed to excell in different scenarios, but each class is also designed to kill "equally"....in theory anyway. So let's say you main Officer in all modes. You are the most skilled Officer that's ever played Battlefront. You rank 70. All other classes, you rank below 30. Very little experience. In Blast, you crush it with your Officer. There really isn't a situation that will force you to change classes. Now go back to the my example above. So you're crushing troopers with your Officer all round. You've activated the objective more than anyone on your team. But you can never hold the objective because you're getting straffed and have no legit counter. Sure, you could argue that your team let you down and why do you have to do everything yourself. But if you were slaughtering 18/20 opponents but never touched the two pilots that dictated the outcome of the match, I personally would give the "higher skill" reward to the pilots. Because they impacted and won the round.

    Now in reverse, you drop yourself, and your glorious Officer into blast and you wreck people, round after round, 1st place overall every round, dominating numbers. You are by far the most skilled in Blast. You singlehandedly win games And that's great! That requires a TON of skill. MVP status! But it doesn't quite translate to every Galactic Assault match.

    Galactic Assault: Some matches are dictated by a pilot. Some matches are dictated by an ATST. Some are dictated by a hero. Some by an Assault that lays scan darts and acid to hold/take an objective. Some require a Heavy/Specialist to focus on armored vehicles and planes to keep objectives cleared. Some require a combination of all of the above...in the same round...cough cough.... Starkiller Base...cough cough. But the more skilled you are at different things, the more impact you'll have on a round and generally will also place you on the leaderboard.

    Blast requires maximum skill at your chosen class. It requires strategy, quick reflexes, and strong kill streaks. All of which are required in Galactic Assault anyway.

    Now, here's the thing. Points, by themselves, are EASIER to come by in Galactic Assault. Very little skill required to run around the edge of the map with a lightsaber, picking off unsuspecting troopers. This comment is too long as is but you get the idea.

    So in Blast, your skill will translate to victories and points. In Galactic Assault, your skill will translate to either a ton of points and a losing round, or a lot of points and a win.

    There's really no right or wrong answer to which mode requires more skill. But gun to the head, I would say Galactic Assault if you play to win.

    Just my humble opinion. Thanks for reading.
  • Relmets
    738 posts Member
    edited January 13
    @Rivershark56
    I have no problem admitting that you need to be good at MORE things in GA, which I suppose can translate as needing more skillS. But the conversation struck me as somehow blast players aren't good enough to play GA, which I don't think is a fair statement. It really comes down to preferred kind of gameplay, and I prefer a more level playing field. GA introduces more variables, and like you said that means you need to be able to deal with more threats and switch up your playstyle. Which takes skill I agree with you. But blast players play blast because we just don't want to be forced into changing our playstyles. Like with your example of getting strafed. Sure you need the skill to be able to hop into a starfighter and Ace-Combat those pains in the rear out of the sky, but just because you don't want to have to deal with doing that doesn't mean you don't have the skill in the first place. It's like Xen was saying, if you want to play as a trooper in GA you're inevitably going to die to things that are mostly out of your control. Which is why blast (apart from enforcer spam) is so appealing to plenty of trooper players.

    I think you get that anyways because your post acknowledges it, I'm just saying that I don't think someone's choice of modes makes them a better player than someone else. Yes you need more skillS in GA, but one type of gameplay isn't more skillED than another.

    I do appreciate someone who can articulate their POV and type a coherent post without losing their heads though. You make some good points.
    Post edited by Relmets on
    FORUM JESTER
    HUTTSLEIA
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Very often the most important person on a team is not anywhere near the top of the leader board.

    On Kashyyyk yesterday, my droid activated and defended one of the juggernauts to explosion, and activated and defended both the front and rear pipes, winning the game. Where did I come in my team ranking? Fourteenth.

  • I did it's mvp8243

    Does that mean there's 8,242 more valuable players than you?
    ;)
  • ALL THE TIME.
    I will run in the capture zone just to contest it if it means my team gets an extra second or two to push. As all heroes should. Because you're a Hero. Heroes save the day. Even at the cost of their life.
    So yes.
  • Very often the most important person on a team is not anywhere near the top of the leader board.

    On Kashyyyk yesterday, my droid activated and defended one of the juggernauts to explosion, and activated and defended both the front and rear pipes, winning the game. Where did I come in my team ranking? Fourteenth.

    This thread is about sacrificing heroes. Still, I applaud you for not spamming Officer buffs and racing to get a hero. Players need to be awarded more BP for playing the objective, as your comment about placing shows.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • I charge in every time without hesitation, I want games to go as long as possible. Chances are if you rush in an extend the game there's plenty more time to earn another hero if you so desire. And there's more to GA than just hero play.

    Give me the win over a large hero killstreak anyday. For me, long hero killstreaks feel empty to me if my team doesn't win.
Sign In or Register to comment.