criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Reduced amount of heroes during event?

Will there be a reduction in heroes at one time in galactic assault following the era only heroes?

The prequel lightside only have three era heroes, Yoda, Obi Wan and Chewbacca, whereas the Darkiside will have five era villains. This suggests it will only be 3v3 on the last phases of prequel maps, and sequel maps will only have 2v2 due to there only being Kylo Ren and Phasma available for the first order, which must mean the Resistance will be limited to just Rey and Finn.

Replies

• Will there be a reduction in heroes at one time in galactic assault following the era only heroes?

The prequel lightside only have three era heroes, Yoda, Obi Wan and Chewbacca, whereas the Darkiside will have five era villains. This suggests it will only be 3v3 on the last phases of prequel maps, and sequel maps will only have 2v2 due to there only being Kylo Ren and Phasma available for the first order, which must mean the Resistance will be limited to just Rey and Finn.

Yeah, it's just another thoughtless event. It'll be over before you know it. The best substitute for adding content is taking it away, apparently.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Clone201
    3620 posts Member
    edited January 2
    Will there be a reduction in heroes at one time in galactic assault following the era only heroes?

I hope so, especially for the sequel trilogy, when it comes down to the last phases of a map where there can be 4 heroes at a time instead of 2. They can't just possibly fail to think about and address this before or when that event launches near the end of the month.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Will there be a reduction in heroes at one time in galactic assault following the era only heroes?

I hope so
    h6z8vfq8bluj.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Exactly. The argument has both sides. While I am in favor of hero play I'm glad they are doing something for the immersion people. I'll just play HvV and Showdown for that weekend. That said I hope HU comes back at some point cause it's lots of fun
  • Era locked heroes, if they are 2 per side per map, should be the perfect time for them to also try a queue for the heroes. There already is an issue with folks camping the respawn screen waiting for a hero. My only concern with this event is this issue will be worse once people can only play as Grevious once every 4 to 6 matches.....

Also curious how they will do that map rotation. Eras grouped together, or PT, OT, ST, PT, OT, ST....? Depending on when you get into the rotation you could be waiting a long time to play the character you prefer, if you are someone that mains or has a favourite. And then when you are on the right map and side, you'll want to race to get the points, camp the screen to get it, then hang on to it for dear life while you have it.

I'm glad those who want era-locked are getting this event, but I'm curious to see what kind of a response it will get.
  • Hopefully the event gets good feedback from the community, will be interesting to see how the balance of certain maps is changed depending on certain heroes not being available. Will make a change of not seeing Finn and Yoda teamed up with constant buffs.
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    I can't wait. I hope we get a permanent version of GA with 2 heroes max, accurate era only.

• Glad the immersion crowd are getting some love.

“It’s only a few days! Go play something else!”

Sound familiar?

It is time to also make ad nauseam amount hate threads without a valid point against the event.

Now that would sound more familiar.
  • Congratulations in advance to all lightside "ST map" teams claiming their easy wins with only 2 era-appropriate heroes available.

....Because the only way they're going to lose is by choosing to do so. No one is that bad. ;)
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"