criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Unlock Base Weapons For All Eras

johnny_mercury
4161 posts Member
edited January 2
For a change of pace, I used only base weapons on all classes for a week. It was fun and a few I actually forgot I like and preferred on certain maps/phases.

It'd be nice if they'd open them up to all eras, but not necessarily cross-faction. In other words, Seperatists and First Order can use the E-11 but not Rebellion, Republic or Resistance.

I'm sure some people will throw out the 'muh immersion' card but we actually have cross-era and cross-faction weapons in the game. Ex EL16HFE and SE-44C, which are Resistance and First Order weapons, respectively, yet are probably the most used blasters in the game.

Replies

• t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    Nah, that would totes destroy my immersion.
  • I go the other way.

Why can't each faction have their own appropriate versions of these weapons? Just make them skins with different looks and sounds, functionality doesn't even have to change (though, I dislike the sound of the CR-2).
  • Relmets
    2378 posts Member
    As it is now, they need to unlock the restriction completely. Not just for LS/DS, but across the board. There's plenty of official game art depicting those default weapons being used outside their faction, FO Officer with the imperial's blaster, clown troopers with E-11s, etc.

Good way to create the illusion of more weapons, with barely any effort involved. This should be easy for DICE. There really isn't any argument against it with how cross era weapons are currently managed.
    [+3748 posts]
  • I go the other way.

Why can't each faction have their own appropriate versions of these weapons? Just make them skins with different looks and sounds, functionality doesn't even have to change (though, I dislike the sound of the CR-2).
    This. Everyone is happy.