criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Better Matchmaking

I've been having a problem with the matchmaking in this game since launch. I don't know if it's just me, but I've been consistently put in lobbies where every player on the opposing team has maxed out star cards. Which puts not just me, but my entire team at a massive disadvantage. This has been apparent especially in this weekend's triple XP event for Heroes vs. Villains. I hope someone from the development team is reading this because it seems this is coming up too often for it to be a coincidence. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this. Still looking forward to Count Dooku and Anakin though.

Replies

• I've been having the same problem. Been getting matched with people who have all maxed out cards
  • Pamela
    142 posts Member
    I’ve noticed this issue for the last month.
  • The current problem with the matchmaking is that game tries to balance the team.....when you are playing by yourself.....so that you win approximately every 3 rounds and balance the team so that you lose every 3 rounds. I've played thousands of games on Battlefront 2 and I would wager everything that Dice has made the game to balance it so you win and lose pretty evenly, so that you have an approximately 50% win/lose rate. Here is a video that describes what I am talking about with the game balancing.
    START WATCHING AROUND 6:30 FOR THE RELEVANT INFO!

They need to just do balance players based on a moving average rank that takes in consideration the last 10-20 games you have played and how you have ranked in those games to determine your rank and then balance each team so that the ranks come out to be as even as possible. That way the players determine the outcome of the game and not the game balancing throwing all the noobs on one side and most of the skilled/experienced players onto the other.
    FLAG
  • I have noticed since Christmas that most of the assault and blast matches I’ve been in are very one sided.
  • They have been one side almost since the game launched. They haven't really fixed the matchmaking since the game began.

They attempted to fix it once, but it doesn't really seem to work. Every third game you teams are suppose to be shuffled, but the matchmaking to place people onto teams when they join the game and the reshuffle after every third round doesn't work in the first place.