criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes VS Villains is a joke

If you are looking for a fun way to take part of battles as a hero for a whole match, then HvV isn't for you!

Heroes vs Villains is the only actual mode of this game that allows you to play as a hero online for as long as you want without any interruption, but it's a mode that often picks you to be in a team of lost players who either go afk as soon as the game starts or just don't realize there is an objective to play...

Here how HvV ACTUALLY works:

When the match begins, all 4 of you begin to go face to face against the other 4 ennemies.
Afterwards, the team that wons that 4v4 faceoff has already won the entire match because what I call the vicious cycle of BF2 begins:

See, the 10 seconds respawn timer is perfect to let the people who died respawn fast enought to come back to the battle but not fast enough to save the one last person standing against 4 heroes/villains. Then, someone still standing becomes the target, because it seems the next target is always the person who will be alone with all ennemies in the zone, no one is here to help, it's too late. Then one of the other 3 members of your team coming to the rescue comes but too late, he's becoming the target, how suprising! But don't worry, the 3rd to die has respawned, and is here to help him. By the time the 3rd came, the target just died, and now the 3rd is becoming the target and is being chased by 4 people! (and it goes on until the game ends, face it you've all been through this).

Sometimes, people a bit clever manage to regroup instead of going directly facing all ennemies whenever they become the target (it happens, barely 10% of the time, but it happens).
When that happens, you might take part of a decent battle in which mutliples heroes AND multiples villains fight. But again, that rarely occurs.

Not to mention, some heroes/villains are just too OP for this mode, like Lando with his stunt grenade or Boba with his Jetpack and Rocket Barrage, even luke/Yoda/Obi-Wan on maps like Kashyyyk with their force push: 3/4 of the wins are made thanks to one trick ponies.

Dice, please give us another hero mode. Hero showdown is not enough, it's original, yes, it makes for battles based on tactics more than brute power (when you are assigned with a partner that does not act like an AI), but what is really needed especially with all the new heroes is just a hero blast mode.


Replies

  • I agree. The mode isn't very fun at all. Hero Showdown is more balanced in that regard. I think both the target system and respawn timers should be under investigation by the devs.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    I agree. The mode isn't very fun at all. Hero Showdown is more balanced in that regard. I think both the target system and respawn timers should be under investigation by the devs.

    Agreed
  • I think maybe they should change the play one round as heroes and one as villains idea. As much as I hate to admit it, this factor allows the “big boi” team to once again play together. Maybe if at the end of each round the players got shuffled (which means you could possibly play light side/ Dark side two rounds in a row), it would allow for the teams to become more balanced.

    What do you guys think?
  • Mode is good , its just the bad team is a issue

    Most of the time this is true
  • HvV has balancing issues and stuns need reworked. Unfortunately, DICE will never address there.

  • TiNie
    171 posts Member
    Not only the modus is a joke but the bugs and imbalance is a joke too.
    The modus should really be reworked, but I don't believe this is going to happen.
    Maybe in SWBF3, if there will be one.

    @johnny_mercury
    You are right, but there are a lot of bugs with epics, that exists for months. So what you say is just the tip of the iceberg.
  • Yeah this mode gets really annoying when the players force you to play a game of tag for an hour and half id prefer if they made a separate mode that plays like Hero TDM then we will see who the real skilled players are
  • Agreed. This mode is an utterly atrocious. It's a mode for no skill players that can't do anything but stun and back stab to get easy kills by ganging up on individuals that can't get back to there group. It's a joke. There needs to be a one on one mode. There is no fixing it though. This has been an issue from the start. They just slap some new paint on, throw in a new character and pretend it works, and ignore all other issues. Better to turn it off then get frustrated, it's never gonna get better!
  • TjPunx
    1116 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Mode is good , its just the bad team is a issue
    Nope

    Mode is so bad it’s actually a joke, to think they didn’t just bring back the superior bf15 version is laughable

    BF15 hvs v was a joke. HvV is to play the hero not an officer
  • Maybe they could adjust the target selection to only happen when at least 3 members of a team are alive. It does suck when you get the bad cycle of being the only one alive and then being chosen when the enemy is closer than your spawning mates.
  • Best advice for those who like HvV but get frustrated, play with friends.
    TiNie wrote: »
    Not only the modus is a joke but the bugs and imbalance is a joke too.
    The modus should really be reworked, but I don't believe this is going to happen.
    Maybe in SWBF3, if there will be one.

    @johnny_mercury
    You are right, but there are a lot of bugs with epics, that exists for months. So what you say is just the tip of the iceberg.

    Yes, there are balancing issues, especially with regard to the darkside/CC advantage.
  • I agree with the people who say it is an issue with the team rather than the mode. When I play with friends as a team we are usually pretty good at regrouping and we can start to make some progress with getting back on level terms.

    I actually think the targeting system is important too. Recently I have had games where because we have worked well as a team on the light side we have managed to win, or on other occasions at least taken it down to the last target. The opponents have had double, perhaps triple the number of eliminations or even more, but that is because they have just been going round getting easy kills ( which I am sure we all do from time to time, I know I have done ). The dark side has much more capacity to do this but the lightside's ability to work tactically to recover and compensate for having fewer eliminations makes it an interesting and more even contest.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Mode is good , its just the bad team is a issue
    Nope

    Mode is so bad it’s actually a joke, to think they didn’t just bring back the superior bf15 version is laughable

    I’m not saying it’s a joke but it’s close. It reminds me of the God of War games where you spam buttons as fast as you can. 15 was far more skill based but this game has faster better movement/animations imo. Other than that 15 was/is superior in design and gameplay.
  • Jinda_Lo wrote: »
    I agree with the people who say it is an issue with the team rather than the mode. When I play with friends as a team we are usually pretty good at regrouping and we can start to make some progress with getting back on level terms.

    I actually think the targeting system is important too. Recently I have had games where because we have worked well as a team on the light side we have managed to win, or on other occasions at least taken it down to the last target. The opponents have had double, perhaps triple the number of eliminations or even more, but that is because they have just been going round getting easy kills ( which I am sure we all do from time to time, I know I have done ). The dark side has much more capacity to do this but the lightside's ability to work tactically to recover and compensate for having fewer eliminations makes it an interesting and more even contest.

    Dice should make party players vs party players only
    Its so frustrating facing party players when you team is made up random
  • Jinda_Lo wrote: »
    I agree with the people who say it is an issue with the team rather than the mode. When I play with friends as a team we are usually pretty good at regrouping and we can start to make some progress with getting back on level terms.

    I actually think the targeting system is important too. Recently I have had games where because we have worked well as a team on the light side we have managed to win, or on other occasions at least taken it down to the last target. The opponents have had double, perhaps triple the number of eliminations or even more, but that is because they have just been going round getting easy kills ( which I am sure we all do from time to time, I know I have done ). The dark side has much more capacity to do this but the lightside's ability to work tactically to recover and compensate for having fewer eliminations makes it an interesting and more even contest.
    Yes!
    Jinda_Lo wrote: »
    I agree with the people who say it is an issue with the team rather than the mode. When I play with friends as a team we are usually pretty good at regrouping and we can start to make some progress with getting back on level terms.

    I actually think the targeting system is important too. Recently I have had games where because we have worked well as a team on the light side we have managed to win, or on other occasions at least taken it down to the last target. The opponents have had double, perhaps triple the number of eliminations or even more, but that is because they have just been going round getting easy kills ( which I am sure we all do from time to time, I know I have done ). The dark side has much more capacity to do this but the lightside's ability to work tactically to recover and compensate for having fewer eliminations makes it an interesting and more even contest.

    Dice should make party players vs party players only
    Its so frustrating facing party players when you team is made up random

    And yes!
  • What I find funny is that people actually think they have a right to be upset cause someone quits the match after not wanting to be constantly destroyed by 4 other players when the guy is just trying to meet up with his group. The mode is a gong show. No matter how good a player is 4 on 1 never turns out well and I for one won't stick around if I can't even get to my teammates before being annihilated. And if your the 4, it's your own fault, who wants to be a part of that? Running around with your little bumbuddiea as a group makes it even more hilarious cause they think there awesome for beating a guy 4 on 1.
    Would love a 1v1
  • It’s such a spam mode, funny, at one time I though it had a chance of being a competitive mode, DA me. It feels more like it was made for toddlers smashing a keyboard or controller. No where close to the last game skill wise.

    Basically its a group up gang bang, spam whatever stun/freeze is available, kill the enemy not able to fight back, use force push/pull to knock players off maps, secondary fire, DT charges, ground slams, then run run run. It’s a bad system other than the face I’m playing an iconic SW character imo.
  • HvV is a mad rush to beat the Targets to their spawn points.
  • All this game is a joke.
  • First post on this site. I love this game, being a Star Wars nut all my life it's awesome to play as your favorite childhood hero. Games will never be perfect no matter how hard developers try, apart from the spawn issue and running into 4 enemies i don't think there's much wrong with it. And that problem has more to do with your team mates rather than the game itself. My message, if you don't like it or continually pick on it, go and play something else. Otherwise just enjoy it for what it is.
  • First post on this site. I love this game, being a Star Wars nut all my life it's awesome to play as your favorite childhood hero. Games will never be perfect no matter how hard developers try, apart from the spawn issue and running into 4 enemies i don't think there's much wrong with it. And that problem has more to do with your team mates rather than the game itself. My message, if you don't like it or continually pick on it, go and play something else. Otherwise just enjoy it for what it is.

    You might wanna bookmark this post for future reference....

    pH
  • First post on this site. I love this game, being a Star Wars nut all my life it's awesome to play as your favorite childhood hero. Games will never be perfect no matter how hard developers try, apart from the spawn issue and running into 4 enemies i don't think there's much wrong with it. And that problem has more to do with your team mates rather than the game itself. My message, if you don't like it or continually pick on it, go and play something else. Otherwise just enjoy it for what it is.

    The last part of you post is very well said. Many aspects I don’t like and are mostly the casual nature of things. Still, it’s starwars, it is what it is, take it or leave it. I know the potential 15 had and know the battlefront franchise could be a competitive juggernaut and also great for the casual gamer, I want the best of vote worlds.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    I agree. The mode isn't very fun at all. Hero Showdown is more balanced in that regard. I think both the target system and respawn timers should be under investigation by the devs.

    It has been over a year that this forum has been asking for Hero Showdown/Deathmatch without the target system. Devs simply don't care, otherwise there would be another Hero v Villain mode already.



  • jonci
    858 posts Member
    No removal of target system, you will kill the mode, people will not play when they get stomped by pre-mades, and none of that garbage replies "well i am in the top 2 and kill all pre-mades" Because it sounds like you acant cope with the mode.
    people leave now because they get killed too easily, hows it going to be when its a free for all.

    For too long you noobs have moaned about this and that because you cant play. This game has been wrecked because of it.
    Either make a separate mode so you whinny school girls can play something easier, or if they don't then i suggest you sod off and leave HVV alone for the players who do like it, if you cant cope, go play Tetris or something that will not challenge you too much. Or take up knitting.
  • Bugs aside, I think the mode would be better if when you die, you have to spawn in as a different hero until you cycled through them all.
  • Bugs aside, I think the mode would be better if when you die, you have to spawn in as a different hero until you cycled through them all.

    That sounds like a fun gamemode - other game modes are needed in HvV. King of the hill, capture the flag, and a straight up death match just to name a few. I’m tired of playing hide and seek since that’s the only strat that works if you can’t actually fight.
    The current mode could use tweaking as well, like a timer or respawn restrictions till target is dead or something. The “run like a coward when your the target” meta needs to end
  • Я игрок из России, у меня очень сильно накипело по поводу режима HvV! Почему, когда Дарт Мол использует атака с вращением , его сбивает скилл отбрасывание у Люка, почему мола не сделают неуязвивым во во время атаки с вращением? Проблема с яростным броском-меч вообще может просто исчезнуть или улететь в землю, я этого не понимаю! Боевая система игры состоит из блока и атаки, блок работает очень плохо, например: удары графа дуку под способностью дуелянта не блокируются, блок световым мечом периодически вовсе не срабатывает. Отсутствие нормальной системы боев на мечах, все сводится к блоку и 1 удару после него, повезёт, когда против тебя новичок, который бьёт тебя в блоке, а если опытный игрок, то вы тупо стараетесь друг другу забежать за спину, это боль! Ещё по поводу Дарта Мола, когда он делает атаку с вращением, находясь на уступе, а противник находится чуть ниже, то Мол просто пролетает над ним, почему нельзя сделать так, чтобы Мол летел атаковал (с вращением) близко к земле всегда, ну и всё выше сказанное поповду атаки толпой на одного и бесконечным самом сайленсов или бросков или удушений! Ужас, измените наконец эту боевую систему. Поверьте, я не профи, но и не новичок, и знаю, о чем говорю
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    First post on this site. I love this game, being a Star Wars nut all my life it's awesome to play as your favorite childhood hero. Games will never be perfect no matter how hard developers try, apart from the spawn issue and running into 4 enemies i don't think there's much wrong with it. And that problem has more to do with your team mates rather than the game itself. My message, if you don't like it or continually pick on it, go and play something else. Otherwise just enjoy it for what it is.

    You might wanna bookmark this post for future reference....

    pH

    I was thinking the exact same thing :D
  • Bugs aside, I think the mode would be better if when you die, you have to spawn in as a different hero until you cycled through them all.

    Interesting concept, I'd love more modes like this, it would be good if ideas like this were the 'events' we keep getting, then the most popular one's could be made a permanent mode option.
  • Don't play it then
  • You right
  • The 4vs4 of heroes vs. villains is fine. Should not change anything, since we have been playing that way for more than a year and a change at this point would be very unpleasant however the showdown mode should change making it 4vs4 instead of 2vs2 so we would have 2 game modes for those who do not like the objectives.
  • The 4vs4 of heroes vs. villains is fine. Should not change anything, since we have been playing that way for more than a year and a change at this point would be very unpleasant however the showdown mode should change making it 4vs4 instead of 2vs2 so we would have 2 game modes for those who do not like the objectives.
  • Agreed. This mode is an utterly atrocious. It's a mode for no skill players that can't do anything but stun and back stab to get easy kills by ganging up on individuals that can't get back to there group. It's a joke. There needs to be a one on one mode. There is no fixing it though. This has been an issue from the start. They just slap some new paint on, throw in a new character and pretend it works, and ignore all other issues. Better to turn it off then get frustrated, it's never gonna get better!
  • Nah HvV is so cool :D today at 4 am i meet my team and the oposite team, and we had so much fun together :D we talked to eachother, and laughed out our heads on Khasyyyk Beach. We even talked to teh oposite team as well and we had so much fun about teh absurd deaths on the Beach :D. Honestly i never felt that much fun before in this game :D
  • bfloo
    13721 posts Member
    It has the same issue every other mode has, it turns into one steam roll after another 90% of the time.

    The rare competitive games are a lot of fun.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • theleebryan
    161 posts Member
    edited February 21
    This is the only mode I genuinely have to not play as it insight violence towards controls, tv screens… sofas, floors…
  • I think maybe they should change the play one round as heroes and one as villains idea. As much as I hate to admit it, this factor allows the “big boi” team to once again play together. Maybe if at the end of each round the players got shuffled (which means you could possibly play light side/ Dark side two rounds in a row), it would allow for the teams to become more balanced.

    What do you guys think?
    I think maybe they should change the play one round as heroes and one as villains idea. As much as I hate to admit it, this factor allows the “big boi” team to once again play together. Maybe if at the end of each round the players got shuffled (which means you could possibly play light side/ Dark side two rounds in a row), it would allow for the teams to become more balanced.

    What do you guys think?

    Playing the same side twice in a row is absolutely disgusting and would kill the game for sure, it's bad enough with eormm which with all its hate is still here so a big no
  • What do you mean this mode is terrible? Do you not have fun chasing Boba, Maul, Luke, and Rey across the map for 5 minutes while they spam their abilities to keep you away? Most importantly how can you not love it when the target finds an exploit in the map and becomes nearly untouchable? This mode is perfect in every way, anyone that complains about it is just bad, GG.
  • brienj
    232 posts Member
    edited February 25
    Jinda_Lo wrote: »
    I agree with the people who say it is an issue with the team rather than the mode. When I play with friends as a team we are usually pretty good at regrouping and we can start to make some progress with getting back on level terms.

    I actually think the targeting system is important too. Recently I have had games where because we have worked well as a team on the light side we have managed to win, or on other occasions at least taken it down to the last target. The opponents have had double, perhaps triple the number of eliminations or even more, but that is because they have just been going round getting easy kills ( which I am sure we all do from time to time, I know I have done ). The dark side has much more capacity to do this but the lightside's ability to work tactically to recover and compensate for having fewer eliminations makes it an interesting and more even contest.

    Dice should make party players vs party players only
    Its so frustrating facing party players when you team is made up random

    +1

    Although I still play it, just to finish leveling up my heroes. I guess once they are all leveled up, I probably won't play it much anymore.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!