criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes VS Villains is a joke

If you are looking for a fun way to take part of battles as a hero for a whole match, then HvV isn't for you!

Heroes vs Villains is the only actual mode of this game that allows you to play as a hero online for as long as you want without any interruption, but it's a mode that often picks you to be in a team of lost players who either go afk as soon as the game starts or just don't realize there is an objective to play...

Here how HvV ACTUALLY works:

When the match begins, all 4 of you begin to go face to face against the other 4 ennemies.
Afterwards, the team that wons that 4v4 faceoff has already won the entire match because what I call the vicious cycle of BF2 begins:

See, the 10 seconds respawn timer is perfect to let the people who died respawn fast enought to come back to the battle but not fast enough to save the one last person standing against 4 heroes/villains. Then, someone still standing becomes the target, because it seems the next target is always the person who will be alone with all ennemies in the zone, no one is here to help, it's too late. Then one of the other 3 members of your team coming to the rescue comes but too late, he's becoming the target, how suprising! But don't worry, the 3rd to die has respawned, and is here to help him. By the time the 3rd came, the target just died, and now the 3rd is becoming the target and is being chased by 4 people! (and it goes on until the game ends, face it you've all been through this).

Sometimes, people a bit clever manage to regroup instead of going directly facing all ennemies whenever they become the target (it happens, barely 10% of the time, but it happens).
When that happens, you might take part of a decent battle in which mutliples heroes AND multiples villains fight. But again, that rarely occurs.

Not to mention, some heroes/villains are just too OP for this mode, like Lando with his stunt grenade or Boba with his Jetpack and Rocket Barrage, even luke/Yoda/Obi-Wan on maps like Kashyyyk with their force push: 3/4 of the wins are made thanks to one trick ponies.

Dice, please give us another hero mode. Hero showdown is not enough, it's original, yes, it makes for battles based on tactics more than brute power (when you are assigned with a partner that does not act like an AI), but what is really needed especially with all the new heroes is just a hero blast mode.

Replies

• Mode is good , its just the bad team is a issue
  • Lee1981
    1236 posts Member
    Mode is good , its just the bad team is a issue
    Nope

Mode is so bad it’s actually a joke, to think they didn’t just bring back the superior bf15 version is laughable
  • I agree. The mode isn't very fun at all. Hero Showdown is more balanced in that regard. I think both the target system and respawn timers should be under investigation by the devs.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    I agree. The mode isn't very fun at all. Hero Showdown is more balanced in that regard. I think both the target system and respawn timers should be under investigation by the devs.

Agreed
  • I think maybe they should change the play one round as heroes and one as villains idea. As much as I hate to admit it, this factor allows the “big boi” team to once again play together. Maybe if at the end of each round the players got shuffled (which means you could possibly play light side/ Dark side two rounds in a row), it would allow for the teams to become more balanced.

What do you guys think?
  • Mode is good , its just the bad team is a issue

Most of the time this is true
  • HvV has balancing issues and stuns need reworked. Unfortunately, DICE will never address there.

• TiNie
    157 posts Member
    Not only the modus is a joke but the bugs and imbalance is a joke too.
    The modus should really be reworked, but I don't believe this is going to happen.
    Maybe in SWBF3, if there will be one.

@johnny_mercury
    You are right, but there are a lot of bugs with epics, that exists for months. So what you say is just the tip of the iceberg.
  • Yeah this mode gets really annoying when the players force you to play a game of tag for an hour and half id prefer if they made a separate mode that plays like Hero TDM then we will see who the real skilled players are