criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Salty and abusive troll players

Prev1
jonci
897 posts Member
What is up lately with the player base in this game? There seems to be a big increase in salt and abusive trolls whilst playing.
For example just this past week. (Yes you can report them but that's likely to work).
  • Players being rude, racist, offensive and down right ignorant in chat (yes you can turn it off but that's not the point if u are communicating with your team).
  • Players deliberately glitching and bragging about it, knew about most, but not an area on Kamino below the flight decks, and one on Kessle where it looks like they are underground.
  • Players moaning about cheats when there are non, just because they get killed, had a guy on Hoth yesterday, every time he got killed by anyone he kept reporting them, i got reported apparently 9 times he was level 21 Luke, didn't like my level 40 Vader whooping him time after time (though weirdly said i was aimbotting with the light sabre ).
  • Mos Eisly, a member of a clan was being abusive, he had a level 15 Vader didn't like getting stunned n shot by level 40 Chewie or Lando on Mos Eisly so reports people for cheating, then decides to spam the chat with abuse.
  • Getting called a noob when you are giving them a hammering (actually I don't see the point in that one lol as noobs generally don't batter the opposition).

If you want to play then at least have some manners, if you decide you are going to try to spoil it remember its not just the enemy team you are annoying, its also your own.
If your one of those players do everyone a favour and stay away, if you have some one on your team who does it politely ask them to stop or at least leave .

Replies

• Dash
    11478 posts Member
    edited January 7
    TheScape wrote: »
    Might have to do with a recent increase of (younger) players thanks to the sale, Christmas, etc.? I have noticed a lot of low level players, new runners and a lot more scrubs using emotes after killing someone (even if they are at the bottom of the scoreboard).

Yup.

This coincides with recent sales, new player population surges, and sudden influx of these posts being created here.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• jonci
    897 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »
    Might have to do with a recent increase of (younger) players thanks to the sale, Christmas, etc.? I have noticed a lot of low level players, new runners and a lot more scrubs using emotes after killing someone (even if they are at the bottom of the scoreboard).

Yup.

This coincides with recent sales, new player population surges, and sudden influx of these posts being created here.

Yeah suspect its just going to get worse, hopefully the little trolls will get bored and move on, or i just continue to farm them and accept the continued abuse. Weirdly its also happening in Star fighter assault, and that's a game they will get wiped up time after time, and a lot quicker by me lol.
    Shame we didn't have a kill a Salty player 200 milestone would have gotten it this weekend.

Oh n Dash, me n the clan often switch to Virginia Ping to up the pace from the European one, so hope to see you on the battlefront bro. (promise we wont run, glitch,hack or abuse you (well maybe the last one but it will be in jest) <3
  • Dash
    11478 posts Member
    edited January 7
    jonci wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »

Yup.

Yeah suspect its just going to get worse, hopefully the little trolls will get bored and move on, or i just continue to farm them and accept the continued abuse. Weirdly its also happening in Star fighter assault, and that's a game they will get wiped up time after time, and a lot quicker by me lol.
    Shame we didn't have a kill a Salty player 200 milestone would have gotten it this weekend.

Oh n Dash, me n the clan often switch to Virginia Ping to up the pace from the European one, so hope to see you on the battlefront bro. (promise we wont run, glitch,hack or abuse you (well maybe the last one but it will be in jest) <3

@jonci , Should be fun dude! I look forward to it! Add me on Origin so we can warm up and game together dude! Would love to game with you and your boys. NWG_Dash is my account name. :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Well yes, I encountered a ton of new low levels this weekend. But aside from a single match where I stomped them with a level 40 Leia with them subsequently calling me a cheater, I don't have much to complain about though the runners rate was quite higher.
    In any case, I have thick skin and I am more than happy to put up with some trolls if it populates the game, even more so in modes like SA or HSF.
  • jonci
    897 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »
    Well yes, I encountered a ton of new low levels this weekend. But aside from a single match where I stomped them with a level 40 Leia with them subsequently calling me a cheater, I don't have much to complain about though the runners rate was quite higher.
    In any case, I have thick skin and I am more than happy to put up with some trolls if it populates the game, even more so in modes like SA or HSF.

Runner rate increase. I wonder if the NIKE or Reebok or Adidas sales have increased as well, or are they just practicing for the 100 metre sprint trying to beat Hussein Bolts record.
    Suggest we rename HVV "Battlefront Olympics", even have special events for special people.
    • Waved off by Obi, we have
    • 600 metre cant reach me Bobba bat and Palps high jump.
    • 1000 metre cant catch me chicken kylo - maul run,
    • 200 metre Yoda Muppet race,
    • 5 minute stun wrestling from Iden, chewwie and Lando,
    • The blind dash crash and bash from Leia,
    • The toxic tussle from Bossk,
    • Front crawl from Greivouse,
    • Han i cant be bothered i am on a substance cos i'm bombed
    • All choked up at the end by vader in an emotional presentation ceremony of
    • Who died most,
    • Who ran most,
    • Who glitched most

Les face it any noob worth his SALT will run at the chance of a go.
  • TheScape wrote: »

Played a lot of HvV this weekend and one player in particular stood out. Used the "cowards" emote after every kill with Kylo. It got to be a little frustrating but it was absolutely hilarious a couple of times when he got wrecked in the middle of the emote. Trolls gonna troll, trolls gonna get trolled, lol.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    What is up lately with the player base in this game? There seems to be a big increase in salt and abusive trolls whilst playing.
    For example just this past week. (Yes you can report them but that's likely to work).
    • Players being rude, racist, offensive and down right ignorant in chat (yes you can turn it off but that's not the point if u are communicating with your team).
    • Players deliberately glitching and bragging about it, knew about most, but not an area on Kamino below the flight decks, and one on Kessle where it looks like they are underground.
    • Players moaning about cheats when there are non, just because they get killed, had a guy on Hoth yesterday, every time he got killed by anyone he kept reporting them, i got reported apparently 9 times he was level 21 Luke, didn't like my level 40 Vader whooping him time after time (though weirdly said i was aimbotting with the light sabre ).
    • Mos Eisly, a member of a clan was being abusive, he had a level 15 Vader didn't like getting stunned n shot by level 40 Chewie or Lando on Mos Eisly so reports people for cheating, then decides to spam the chat with abuse.
    • Getting called a noob when you are giving them a hammering (actually I don't see the point in that one lol as noobs generally don't batter the opposition).

If you want to play then at least have some manners, if you decide you are going to try to spoil it remember its not just the enemy team you are annoying, its also your own.
    If your one of those players do everyone a favour and stay away, if you have some one on your team who does it politely ask them to stop or at least leave .

Not a single thing you just listed sounds like "abuse" to me... as far as other players being upset/"salty"... why are you concerned with the mood of other players... who cares?
  • jonci
    897 posts Member
    oh ok so racist and offensive language isn't abuse then? NP will amend my thought process.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

Not a single thing you just listed sounds like "abuse" to me... as far as other players being upset/"salty"... why are you concerned with the mood of other players... who cares?

You don't think racism is abuse?
  • People take this game wwaaaaay too seriously!

There are tonnes of irritating things about this game and nobody likes being stomped by another player. But if youre humble and admit theyre a great player they may even teach you some tips.

I know as one of if not the beat player of SFA on Xbox One in the world. That if someone compliments me i always offer to show them some of my skills!

We all need a little less ego. We cant all be gods at everything. I for one am just above average at GA and am awful at HVV unless I have a banging team.

There are also certain heroes i just cannot seem to play with.

Im awful as Vader cause i have so little patience. Im pretty bad at Bossk cause im too aggresive and cant snipe for **** (id sooner try to snipe with an officer with no scope haha.) Ngl pretty bad at grievous too.

Im half decent with Luke, Rey, Palpatine, Maul, Iden and Lando but only half decent i still have times where i spawn and proceed to completely waste my hero haha.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited January 7

Saying something which may/not be subjectively racist is not the same as engaging in an action which is racist. Fools saying words online does not constitute "abuse" to me, as the supreme court has previously ruled there is no such a thing as "hate speech" and thus potentially offensive speech is protected by the 1st amendment. This is markedly different from someone engaging in an action such as denying services to someone else based upon their race... and the two should not be conflated.

So no, you can call me whatever names you want, I don't care and I won't consider myself "abused"... I will instead consider you a petulant fool and ignore you lol.

Saying something which may/not be subjectively racist is not the same as engaging in an action which is racist. Fools saying words online does not constitute "abuse" to me, as the supreme court has previously ruled there is no such a thing as "hate speech" and thus potentially offensive speech is protected by the 1st amendment. This is markedly different from someone engaging in an action such as denying services to someone else based upon their race... and the two should not be conflated.

So no, you can call me whatever names you want, I don't care and I won't consider myself "abused"... I will instead consider you a petulant fool and ignore you lol.

I sort of see your point, but have you suffered from this kind of abuse? Please take it from me (the adivce, not the abuse :wink: !!) that it's horrible and TBH rarely subjective. Especially when you hear it every day, (e.g Have to change your resume/CV surname just to get an interview. ) It might sound like a small thing to you, but for those if us who have to 'budget' for it in our everyday lives, it's indescribable.

As far as the Supreme Court goes, that's not necessarily relevant here inasmuch as we have a global playerbase so it's not just the USA that is in this discussion.

I ignore things but as SW is possibly the most beloved thing in my life, having it soiled with racism is worse than heartbreaking, it's violating.

Mind you, at 46 years old I should stop playing video games :smiley:

pH
  • i would love to be a salty noob! never taking responsiblity for your own incompetence
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited January 7
    oh ok so racist and offensive language isn't abuse then? NP will amend my thought process.

No, it is protected speech see Matal v. Tam... this is the case which also allowed the Redskins football team to keep their name despite the fact that it was seen by many as being subjectively racist. Because it is protected speech, no claim of "abuse" can be made based upon its content unless it is accompanied by a physical action.
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

I sort of see your point, but have you suffered from this kind of abuse? Please take it from me (the adivce, not the abuse :wink: !!) that it's horrible and TBH rarely subjective. Especially when you hear it every day, (e.g Have to change your resume/CV surname just to get an interview. ) It might sound like a small thing to you, but for those if us who have to 'budget' for it in our everyday lives, it's indescribable.

As far as the Supreme Court goes, that's not necessarily relevant here inasmuch as we have a global playerbase so it's not just the USA that is in this discussion.

I ignore things but as SW is possibly the most beloved thing in my life, having it soiled with racism is worse than heartbreaking, it's violating.

Mind you, at 46 years old I should stop playing video games :smiley:

pH

Yes I have. I am a 6'5 220lb white dude with a shaved head and a Prussian last name. I have been called a racist in my everday life and on these very forums just based upon my appearance... which is interesting considering I have multiple mixed race cousins and my wife is an immigrant lol. I choose not to care about it, because at the end of the day it is just fools talking and why should I care what they have to say? This is much different from actual "abuse" in which there is a physical component such as denial of service based upon that trait.

Let me say it like this... if you truly believe that racist language itself constitutes abuse... then are you "abused" by listening to music with explicit language which is subjectively racist??? Furthermore are the artists using such language in their music/films whatever also racist based upon the use of such language? I would say no, as to constitute abuse there must be a physical component, and to judge people as racists merely based upon their language rather than their actions would mean many current top recording artists for example are in fact horrible racists.
  • jonci wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Well yes, I encountered a ton of new low levels this weekend. But aside from a single match where I stomped them with a level 40 Leia with them subsequently calling me a cheater, I don't have much to complain about though the runners rate was quite higher.

Runner rate increase. I wonder if the NIKE or Reebok or Adidas sales have increased as well, or are they just practicing for the 100 metre sprint trying to beat Hussein Bolts record.
    Suggest we rename HVV "Battlefront Olympics", even have special events for special people.
    • Waved off by Obi, we have
    • 600 metre cant reach me Bobba bat and Palps high jump.
    • 1000 metre cant catch me chicken kylo - maul run,
    • 200 metre Yoda Muppet race,
    • 5 minute stun wrestling from Iden, chewwie and Lando,
    • The blind dash crash and bash from Leia,
    • The toxic tussle from Bossk,
    • Front crawl from Greivouse,
    • Han i cant be bothered i am on a substance cos i'm bombed
    • All choked up at the end by vader in an emotional presentation ceremony of
    • Who died most,
    • Who ran most,
    • Who glitched most

Les face it any noob worth his SALT will run at the chance of a go.

You forgot 5 minute freezer with Kylo

No, it is protected speech see Matal v. Tam... this is the case which also allowed the Redskins football team to keep their name despite the fact that it was seen by many as being subjectively racist. Because it is protected speech, no claim of "abuse" can be said based upon its content unless it is accompanied by a physical action.

What you're defining then is abuse not racism. Anwyay I don't want to derail this thread so I won't go on, but I do want to say that claim of non-racism is preposterous (see my post above about getting a job interview) and that it's offensive for majorities to tell minorities what counts as racist abuse. But hey, we've been used to that for 500 years so...
    pH
  • bfloo
    14044 posts Member
    If you can't take trash talk from an internet troll you really need to grow a thicker skin.

I love getting hate mail, it is how I know I'm good at a game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    If you can't take trash talk from an internet troll you really need to grow a thicker skin.

I love getting hate mail, it is how I know I'm good at a game.

Exactly.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited January 7
    Luiz wrote: »

From Oxford Dictionary: "Racism: Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior." "Antagonism" includes expressions of hostility against someone else. So yes, saying something racist to someone IS engaging in an action which is racist.

What does the definition of the word "abuse" have to do with a SCOTUS ruling concerning the 1st Amendment? Hint: nothing. Nothing here involves the government restricting anyone's speech. Further, discrimination on the basis of race isn't the only form of racism.

So yeah, there goes all those mental gymnastics you just did to trivialize OP's experience with racist trolls.

The OP is claiming that potentially racist speech online = abuse. To have a valid claim of abuse requires more than saying "someone said racist stuff" as racist language itself is protected speech. And yes, people talking mess to you in a online video game is about as trivial as you can get in the greater scheme of things lol.

No, it is protected speech see Matal v. Tam... this is the case which also allowed the Redskins football team to keep their name despite the fact that it was seen by many as being subjectively racist. Because it is protected speech, no claim of "abuse" can be said based upon its content unless it is accompanied by a physical action.

What you're defining then is abuse not racism. Anwyay I don't want to derail this thread so I won't go on, but I do want to say that claim of non-racism is preposterous (see my post above about getting a job interview) and that it's offensive for majorities to tell minorities what counts as racist abuse. But hey, we've been used to that for 500 years so...
    pH

The OP is claiming that racist language is = to abuse... I am saying that is not true. Racist language itself is not a sufficient condition from which you can conclude the necessary condition of "abuse".

If we are going to redefine "abuse" to what is basically being proposed here, than I am a victim of "abuse" in this very thread as @Luiz denigrated my previous posts as being "mental gymnastics" while at the same time accusing me of "trivializing"... I have been offended by this language, and thus I have been abused because abuse apparently no longer requires any objective measure of wrongdoing, merely my subjective assertion that it occurred.

The OP is claiming that potentially racist speech online = abuse. To have a valid claim of abuse requires more than saying "someone said racist stuff" as racist language itself is protected speech. And yes, people talking mess to you in a online video game is about as trivial as you can get in the greater scheme of things lol.

From Merriam-Webster: "Abuse: 3. language that condemns or vilifies usually unjustly, intemperately, and angrily. Verbal Abuse." So yes, saying racist things to someone is abuse.

A valid claim of abuse? Protected speech? Um, what? Did I miss the memo where the OP wanted to sue someone or have them imprisoned for being racist? What are the legal elements of this "abuse" cause of action? Is it common law or statutory?

Sadly, racial abuse from faceless cowards is common and trivial in online video games. Especially when you have an "ethnic" sounding name. Doesn't make it right. I just brush it off at this point or troll back when it happens to me. But I don't blame people for being upset about it.
  • if they get angry just target them so they get even more angry cause they can't do anything about it
  • Wow.

Just...

No words.

I hope you never have to experience not-abuse yourself.

ph
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member

From Merriam-Webster: "Abuse: 3. language that condemns or vilifies usually unjustly, intemperately, and angrily. Verbal Abuse." So yes, saying racist things to someone is abuse.

A valid claim of abuse? Protected speech? Um, what? Did I miss the memo where the OP wanted to sue someone or have them imprisoned for being racist? What are the legal elements of this "abuse" cause of action? Is it common law or statutory?

Sadly, racial abuse from faceless cowards is common and trivial in online video games. Especially when you have an "ethnic" sounding name. Doesn't make it right. I just brush it off at this point or troll back when it happens to me. But I don't blame people for being upset about it.

Good stuff...

So you "abused" me when you engaged in langauge that condemned me (trivializing my reasoning as "mental gymmastics"). You also attempted to vilify me by accusing me of trivializing the OP's assertions. You have also engaged in intemperate and angry vilification by accusing others of being "faceless cowards" while at the same time admitting to engaging in "abuse" yourself ("or troll back").

I have to say, I am going to enjoy utilizing this brave new criteria going forward!
  • EventHorizionOH
    1337 posts Member
    edited January 7
    You know what it doesn't matter.
    Post edited by EventHorizionOH on
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Is this PC? I play XB1 and there is no dialogue between players. Sometimes people message me but I mostly ignore randoms
  • All I am going to say,

PC does have cheaters/aimbots

Ran into a Han the other day with @Phantom_A320 @Dash , and friend.

He only ever hit the head. Doesn't matter the distance he was. He only ever hit your head. NO ONE is that crack of a shot on PC.

End match they lost 7-0 but that Han had 18 Kills and 115k points (3x was going on)

famous solo luck
    7dfz4rys7l2h.jpeg
  • All I am going to say,

He only ever hit the head. Doesn't matter the distance he was. He only ever hit your head. NO ONE is that crack of a shot on PC.

End match they lost 7-0 but that Han had 18 Kills and 115k points (3x was going on)

That’s pretty rough, sounds pretty sus. There are a few well known cheaters in my region that have been playing since launch using ridiculously blatant cheats, 1shot hero’s and the like, crazy not having a good anti cheat.

It is far less common however than people think but can’t deny it exists like in every other game.
  • EventHorizionOH
    1337 posts Member
    edited January 7

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • PC issues galore just get a console.
  • Ppong_Man12
    1887 posts Member
    edited January 7

Thank you, glad someone has [email protected]!!s around here and well said.
  • Ppong_Man12
    1887 posts Member
    edited January 7

Well said, no one has the right to not be offended, that’s what the forefathers died and fought for, its called free speech be it good or bad. There are and can be consequences though, like being banned, being fired, whatever. There’s always gonna be dirtbags op just ignore or report them. The better you are the worse they are so it seems.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • Luiz
    5 posts Member
    edited January 7
    Good stuff...

So you "abused" me when you engaged in langauge that condemned me (trivializing my reasoning as "mental gymmastics"). You also attempted to vilify me by accusing me of trivializing the OP's assertions. You have also engaged in intemperate and angry vilification by accusing others of being "faceless cowards" while at the same time admitting to engaging in "abuse" yourself ("or troll back").

I have to say, I am going to enjoy utilizing this brave new criteria going forward!
    Just going to ignore my responses to your crummy argument involving the First Amendment? Lol

The cited definition was in response to your claim that racism isn’t abuse, which it clearly is. Perhaps I did abuse you by that definition. But the issue here that you’re willfully ignoring is the “racist” part of the abuse that the OP complained about, which is pretty important. Additionally, I didn’t say that I trolled back with racism, which I didn’t. If you can’t see why being insulted with racial epithets is any big deal, there’s nothing I can do for you.

You’re really taking leaps here to defend racism, man. Tell you what, DICE probably isn’t going to do anything to you for being racist on BF2’s in game chat anyway, so you do you, girlfraaaan.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    Good stuff...

Just going to ignore my responses to your crummy argument involving the First Amendment? Lol

The cited definition was in response to your claim that “racism isn’t abuse,” which it clearly is. Perhaps I did abuse you by that definition. But the issue here that you’re willfully ignoring is the “racist” part of the abuse that the OP complained about, which is pretty important. Additionally, I didn’t say that I trolled back with racism, which I didn’t.

You’re really taking leaps here to defend racism, man. Tell you what, DICE probably isn’t going to do anything to you for being racist on BF2’s in game chat anyway, so you do you, girlfraaaan.

I said racist speech and racist actions should not be conflated... furthermore I stated racist speech in and of itself cannot constitute "abuse" as it is protected speech... good luck succeeding in an abuse claim against someone engaging protected speech.

I also said that the use of subjectively racist language does not mean the person using it is a racist... as being a racist requires actions and not merely words. If the mere use of subjectively racist words is sufficient to claim someone is a racist, than even the repetition of such a word would be enough to conclude say a newscaster commenting on a story, or a singer singing lyrics, or an actor reading lines, a comedian telling jokes, and author writing stores, are all racists because they used subjectively racist language in their works.
  • EventHorizionOH
    1337 posts Member
    edited January 7

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • All I am going to say,

That’s pretty rough, sounds pretty sus. There are a few well known cheaters in my region that have been playing since launch using ridiculously blatant cheats, 1shot hero’s and the like, crazy not having a good anti cheat.

It is far less common however than people think but can’t deny it exists like in every other game.

On top of that his star cards were made for cheaters. Headshot card and blaster cards. Lol.
  • All I am going to say,

On top of that his star cards were made for cheaters. Headshot card and blaster cards. Lol.

Lol rip. Can’t say I’ve seen too many in HvV, mainly GA. I keep them all on my ignore list since they name change so I know who they are. Most use rubbish like firing through terrain, 1 shot heroes, across map cr2 1 shots etc
  • EventHorizionOH
    1337 posts Member
    edited January 7

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    Good stuff...

The cited definition was in response to your claim that “racism isn’t abuse,” which it clearly is. Perhaps I did abuse you by that definition. But the issue here that you’re willfully ignoring is the “racist” part of the abuse that the OP complained about, which is pretty important. Additionally, I didn’t say that I trolled back with racism, which I didn’t.

If the mere use of subjectively racist words is sufficient to claim someone is a racist, than even the repetition of such a word would be enough to conclude say a newscaster commenting on a story, or a singer singing lyrics, or an actor reading lines, a comedian telling jokes, and author writing stores, are all racists because they used subjectively racist language in their works.

...What, they are not directing it at YOU. That doesn't hold up to the argument here. Well maybe the comedian might, but it's not even t3h same context when used in a story or movie.

So the determining factor of whether the use of racist language makes you a racist now is determined by whom it is directed at? Sounds awfully subjective and nebulous.
  • EventHorizionOH
    1337 posts Member
    edited January 7

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    Good stuff...

If the mere use of subjectively racist words is sufficient to claim someone is a racist, than even the repetition of such a word would be enough to conclude say a newscaster commenting on a story, or a singer singing lyrics, or an actor reading lines, a comedian telling jokes, and author writing stores, are all racists because they used subjectively racist language in their works.

...What, they are not directing it at YOU. That doesn't hold up to the argument here. Well maybe the comedian might, but it's not even t3h same context when used in a story or movie.

So the determining factor of whether the use of racist language makes you a racist now is determined by whom it is directed at? Sounds awfully subjective and nebulous.

If I am an author writing a book, using racist language in the book for a character, that doesn't make the author a racist.

IF I directly say the racist slur towards you in a game. We can assume that one is.

I disagree, I don't believe you can infer someone is racist just based upon the language they use because it is directed at someone... there are well known usages of racial slurs/pejorative language which are used as even terms of endearment between people. I guess we will just disagree ad infinitum.
    Good stuff...

You’re wasting your time.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    Good stuff...

Impossible, debate is never a waste of time!
    Good stuff...

The emphatic tone and contradictory nature of your statement towards mine has been received at my own subjective discretion as both inflammatory and dismissive. I am abused.
  • The only abuse I see is noobs who can't get a single kill comes to your corpse and taunts with Kylo Ren's "Cowards", just because another teammate killed you. lmao :D :D :D
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    Good stuff...

The emphatic tone and contradictory nature of your statement towards mine has been received at my own subjective discretion as both inflammatory and dismissive. I am abused.

I like your style.
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    Wow.

Just...

No words.

I hope you never have to experience not-abuse yourself.

ph

I worked in a locked psychiatric ward for 5 years... During that time I experienced more pejorative language being thrown at me (as well as fists and other various objects) than the vast majority of the population will experience in their lifetimes... I am none the worse for wear.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!