criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes & Villains: Informational Thread (READ DESC)

Replies

• I find yoda is hopeless at save tracking
  • I find yoda is hopeless at save tracking

He's actually pretty good with saber tracking; even I've heard some users on here emphasize how good his tracking is, so it's likely definitely at the top.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Updates:
    • Added Count Dooku to the OP
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi's All-Out Push now does different damage values between infantry and heroes.
    • Captain Phasma's Staff Strikes now does different damage values between infantry and heroes.

• I think Kylo staggers after striking lightsabers again
  • I think Kylo staggers after striking lightsabers again

Oh yeah, I actually knew about that earlier. Can't believe I forgot to remove that.

EDIT - It's removed...
  • Bump. Can we have some sweet Anakin stats ?

• Bump. Can we have some sweet Anakin stats ?

I'll get on this in a few. Thanks for the bump too. :)
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    Bump. Can we have some sweet Anakin stats ?

I'll get on this in a few. Thanks for the bump too. :)

I'm not the one to thank here but hey i'll take that.

• @TheUltimateHope

And now... it is finished...!

Check for Anakin the OP...
    @TheUltimateHope

And now... it is finished...!

Check for Anakin the OP...

Thank you very much good sir.

• thanks
  • Not going to lie, it kinds of irks me that Rey attacks faster than Anakin and Obi-Wan (130 strikes per min vs 120). Look at Anakin's and Obi-Wan's speed in the movies compared to Rey's:

• Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @ZephanUnbound

I am bumping this thread from the dump since I have update some information on here, information regarding the lightsaber attack speed of some of the characters. I found most of them to remain the same during extensive time periods of testing, however Anakin Skywalker & Kylo Ren were both a bit higher than I previously assumed (Man! Looks as though testing for these was really NOT an easy task). These two heroes have been corrected to match the new results I got today and the new ranking should be more like this now:

Note: As in # of attacks per second

1. Anakin Skywalker ( 2.4 max , 2 min )
    2. Darth Maul & Rey ( 2.2 max , 2 min )
    3. General Grievous & Count Dooku ( 2 attacks/s )
    4. Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, & Luke Skywalker ( 2 max , 1.8 min )
    5. Obi-Wan Kenobi ( 2 max , 1.5 min )
    6. Yoda ( 1.3 attacks/s )

*I do not consider Count Dooku's Duelist on this list. It's around 2.4 attacks/s with no increase or drop-off though If you guys wanna know already*

About Anakin:

- So not only does Anakin have the highest lightsaber damage per swing, he also has the fastest possible attack speed of all the heroes as well. He uses that such speed for at least half of his time.
  • Thanks a lot for the effort you put into this. I'm shocked that Anakin's the best at this too.
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    Munedawg wrote: »
    I'm shocked that Anakin's the best at this too.

Yeah, I recently found out about him today. The developers said before his release that his attacks would be "fast and vicious unlike any Jedi", obviously in that he would of had both the highest damage per swing and the fastest attack speed of all the Jedi. He is in fact not only better than all the Jedi, but also all the Sith too in both categories.

• well luckily they offset that by giving him the cheapest and most effective Force powers to use
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    Bump...

This thread is now up-to-date with the recent patch.

ANAKIN SKYWALKER DETAILS

Pull Dominance:

The range of this ability had been decreased from 20 to 18 base meters.

Retribution:

Retribution had its effective range decreased from 20 to 15 meters.

Passionate Strike:

The knockdown effect from the Passionate Strike ability was removed.

YODA DETAILS

Lightsaber Combat:

So Yoda did end up receiving a block function against lightsabers in this patch, being able to block 10 lightsaber attacks before running out of stamina. Unfortunately for Yoda, this came with a cost: Yoda will no longer be able to damage enemy lightsaber villains whilst they are blocking with his Dash Attack ability.

Presence:

I want to make it clear that while the patch notes said something about reducing the bonus health gain from Presence from 200 to 100 points, this only actually applies to how Yoda's allies will receive those buffs, which means Yoda will retain the +200 bonus health all for himself.

OBI-WAN KENOBI DETAILS

Lightsaber Animation Changes:

The developers have managed to improve Obi-Wan's Lightsaber combat animations, particularly reworking the jump attack and speeding up his lightsaber attacking animation sequences. One of his lightsaber attacking animation sequences was fairly effective in attack speed that sat around 2 attacks per second or 120 attacks per minute; whereas his other sequence was quite slow which sat at 1.5 attacks per second or 90 attacks per minute.

The fastest sequence remains unchanged, while the slowest sequence out of the two has been increased to 2.2 attacks per second or 130 attacks per minute, leaving Obi-Wan with a minimum attack speed of 2 attacks per second (or 120 attacks per minute) and a maximum of 2.2 attacks per second (or 130 attacks per minute). This means Obi-Wan will have the second-fastest attack speed out of all lightsaber wielders, now tied with Rey and Darth Maul.

Restrictive Mind Trick:

The time delay when using the ability has been greatly reduced, allowing Obi-Wan to move almost immediately after using Restrictive Mind Trick.

DARTH MAUL

Darth Maul's block feature has been added into him. He can now block both lightsabers and blasters.

CHEWBACCA AND HAN SOLO (POTENTIAL NERFS)

The developers have recently revealed to have fixed an issue with Han Solo's Shoulder Charge and Chewbacca's Ground Slam abilities. They will no longer damage enemy lightsaber wielders that defend (block) against them (only stagger them), reducing their effectiveness against lightsaber wielders overall. I know this one will suck for a lot of you guys.

• Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    New Lightsaber attack speed rankings for heroes, as in # of attacks per second:

2. Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Maul ( 2.2 max , 2 min )
    3. Count Dooku & General Grievous ( 2 attacks/s )
    4. Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, and Luke Skywalker ( 2 max , 1.8 min )
    5. Yoda ( 1.3 attacks/s )
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Thread has been updated once more following the Droideka's patch. One thing I will go over in this post is the attack speed ranking for all the lightsaber wielders. Luke Skywalker and Yoda's attack speed has been increased in this patch.

Here's the original ranking via my last post:
    Clone201 wrote: »
    [/b]

2. Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Maul ( 2.2 max , 2 min )
    3. Count Dooku & General Grievous ( 2 attacks/s )
    4. Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, and Luke Skywalker ( 2 max , 1.8 min )
    5. Yoda ( 1.3 attacks/s )

Now here is the new one found from today.

Note: Count Dooku with attack speed with Duelist will not be considered in both rankings...

1. Luke Skywalker ( 2.4 max, 2.2 min )

2. Anakin Skywalker ( 2.4 max , 2 min )

3. Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Maul ( 2.2 max , 2 min )

4. Count Dooku & General Grievous ( 2 attacks/s )

5. Darth Vader and Kylo Ren ( 2 max , 1.8 min )

6. Yoda ( 1.67 attacks/s )

Anakin Skywalker used to hold for the fastest, now that goes on to his son Luke. Yoda still has the slowest attack speed among everybody else, but not as far this time around.

• Hey @Clone201 , if it's not too much to ask, whenever you go to test things again, could you test the range of Kylo's Frenzy? I mean, how far must you be from an enemy for it to lock into said enemy. This piece of info would be of great use!

BTW, this thread is amazing, I come here frequently to check details about all heroes. Keep up the great work!

giphy.gif
    BUGs? No, never heard of
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    Hey @Clone201 , if it's not too much to ask, whenever you go to test things again, could you test the range of Kylo's Frenzy? I mean, how far must you be from an enemy for it to lock into said enemy. This piece of info would be of great use!

BTW, this thread is amazing, I come here frequently to check details about all heroes. Keep up the great work!

Found it -- It's a 10-meter lock-on range without the "Closing In" modifier.
    Hey @Clone201 , if it's not too much to ask, whenever you go to test things again, could you test the range of Kylo's Frenzy? I mean, how far must you be from an enemy for it to lock into said enemy. This piece of info would be of great use!

Found it -- It's a 10-meter lock-on range without the "Closing In" modifier.

Thanks! Your job here has been amazing!

giphy.gif
    BUGs? No, never heard of
  • Hey @Clone201 , with the recent patch on the horizon I remembered I wanted to ask you about Dooku. People have been complaining that one of the previous patches has introduced a BUG that changed Dooku's attack speed. And now we have the new patch notes stating this will get fixed:

awbozzqc8566.png

So I'd like to ask you if you have tracked these changes over the patches and if so if you can elaborate a bit on the issue. As I never play Dooku, I'm oblivious to most of stats, characteristics, and associated BUGs.

Once again thanks a lot for your amazing work here.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Hey @Clone201 , with the recent patch on the horizon I remembered I wanted to ask you about Dooku. People have been complaining that one of the previous patches has introduced a BUG that changed Dooku's attack speed. And now we have the new patch notes stating this will get fixed:

awbozzqc8566.png

So I'd like to ask you if you have tracked these changes over the patches and if so if you can elaborate a bit on the issue. As I never play Dooku, I'm oblivious to most of stats, characteristics, and associated BUGs.

Once again thanks a lot for your amazing work here.

@RogueZeroRendar

The issue I saw with Dooku's attack speed was the delay between his first strike (lunge) and being able to attack again, which was increased unintentionally. His attack speed when not running or lunging forward remained the same, which is exactly what I considered for all the lightsaber wielders at the beginning.

Also note: I recently discovered his attack speed without Duelist to be slightly slower than I thought before. He'll be sitting at 1.8 attacks per second now.

Post edited by Clone201 on
  • how to tell how many meters is how far when you are playing the game?
  • Vader is down to 8 swings now...
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    Vader is down to 8 swings now...

Heard of it on here. I'll put it down...
    what's with all of these stealth adjustments? Nowhere in the recent notes indicate Vader's nerf?
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    So as of today, I have recorded potential stealth changes among the heroes that came into play shortly after the Roger Roger update.

For one, Luke and Anakin's attack speed has been reduced and Vader's stamina was lowered from 10 swings to 8 as far as I know. Furthermore, jump striking with a lightsaber hero no longer drains 3x the stamina output anymore.

I'll be extensively testing out these heroes for further changes. I appreciate the attention this thread has gotten so far!
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    -Deleted Comment-

Post edited by Clone201 on
    Now here is the new attack speed ranking between lightsaber wielders found from as of 9/1/19. Please note that Dooku's duelist ability will not be considered here...

1. Count Dooku ( 2.2 attacks/s )

2. Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul & Anakin Skywalker ( 2.2 max , 2 min )

3. General Grievous ( 2 attacks/s )

5. Darth Vader & Luke Skywalker ( 2 max , 1.8 min )

6. Kylo Ren ( 2 max, 1.7 min )

7. Yoda ( 1.67 attacks/s )

I don't feel like Dooku's was buffed. Kylo & Yoda need a increase in speed. Kylo should be with grevious & yosa should be with vader & luke
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Now here is the new attack speed ranking between lightsaber wielders found from as of 9/1/19. Please note that Dooku's duelist ability will not be considered here...

1. Count Dooku ( 2.2 attacks/s )

2. Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul & Anakin Skywalker ( 2.2 max , 2 min )

5. Darth Vader & Luke Skywalker ( 2 max , 1.8 min )

6. Kylo Ren ( 2 max, 1.7 min )

7. Yoda ( 1.67 attacks/s )

I don't feel like Dooku's was buffed. Kylo & Yoda need a increase in speed. Kylo should be with grevious & yosa should be with vader & luke

Dooku was definitely buffed. I could easily tell the difference between how slow he was before and how fast he is now. He's only half-way worth using in my opinion until Duelist is fixed and/or usuable (which it still isn't by the way even after resetting the game twice in my case).

His lunge attack animation is still too long like it was before, I'll give you that.
  • So from messing around in arcade obi-wan & Luke have faster stamina regen from empty. Obi-Wan is 1 second & Luke's is about 2 seconds. They appear to be bugged
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    So from messing around in arcade obi-wan & Luke have faster stamina regen from empty. Obi-Wan is 1 second & Luke's is about 2 seconds. They appear to be bugged

@Grand_Admiral

Well, looks like you were proven wrong on your thread about Luke and Obi-Wan's stamina regen being bugged. Better luck next time...
  • Holy crap dude, that’s a lot of stuff. How long did it take you to test this stuff?
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    Holy crap dude, that’s a lot of stuff. How long did it take you to test this stuff?

It was only a matter of hours when I first started and completed this.
  • This is simply beautiful 😭
  • Thank you for consistently updating this!

1. Count Dooku (2.2 attacks/s)

2. Anakin Skywalker, Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi, & Darth Maul ( 2.2 max , 2 min )

5. Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker ( 2 max , 1.8 min )

6. Kylo Ren (2 max, 1.7 min)

7. Yoda (1.67 attacks/s)

Going into testing as of this week, I noticed that the previous ranking above was now a bit off, well with Luke and only him. While Luke's attack speed was reduced like 3 days after the RR update, the nerf turned out not to be as harsh as I once thought it was, which means his attack speed was actually faster. After doing thorough timing, I conclude that he is be tied with 4 other heroes for 2nd currently until more of these changes come through in the future, if any. Also, I simply changed the numbers from their original estimates for more precise values.

Here's the new ranking I have been able to come up with:

1. Count Dooku (2.16 attacks/s)

2. Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Maul (2.16 max, 2 min)

3. General Grievous (2 attacks/s)

4. Darth Vader (2 max, 1.83 min)

5. Kylo Ren (2 max, 1.75 min)

6. Yoda (1.67 attacks/s)

I apologize for the inconvenience.

1. Count Dooku (2.2 attacks/s)

2. Anakin Skywalker, Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi, & Darth Maul ( 2.2 max , 2 min )

5. Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker ( 2 max , 1.8 min )

6. Kylo Ren (2 max, 1.7 min)

7. Yoda (1.67 attacks/s)

Going into testing as of this week, I noticed that the previous ranking above was now a bit off, well with Luke and only him. While Luke's attack speed was reduced like 3 days after the RR update, the nerf turned out not to be as harsh as I once thought it was, which means his attack speed was actually faster. After doing thorough timing, I conclude that he is be tied with 4 other heroes for 2nd currently until more of these changes come through in the future, if any. Also, I simply changed the numbers from their original estimates for more precise values.

Here's the new ranking I have been able to come up with:

1. Count Dooku (2.16 attacks/s)

2. Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Maul (2.16 max, 2 min)

3. General Grievous (2 attacks/s)

4. Darth Vader (2 max, 1.83 min)

5. Kylo Ren (2 max, 1.75 min)

6. Yoda (1.67 attacks/s)

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hmmmm. Luke needs nerfing
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    News Update: Lightsaber stamina vs blaster mechanics were changed for all lightsaber wielders. When I get back from work today at 4:30 PM EST, I'll look into discovering the new stamina that is going to be based off blaster damage rather than fixed values. Beware that lightsaber combat statistics may be unchanged, but correct me if I am ever wrong here.

If you have these values already, please share them below so that I can immediately update this thread. Please be accurate with your testing on it. Thanks.
  • I'm looking forward to your updates on this @Clone201 . I'll focus my testing efforts elsewhere so we can cover different things (trying to check BUGs as usual), but if I stumble upon some of these that you work on here I'll definetly share them with you here.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
    News Update: Lightsaber stamina vs blaster mechanics were changed for all lightsaber wielders. When I get back from work today at 4:30 PM EST, I'll look into discovering the new stamina that is going to be based off blaster damage rather than fixed values. Beware that lightsaber combat statistics may be unchanged, but correct me if I am ever wrong here.

If you have these values already, please share them below so that I can immediately update this thread. Please be accurate with your testing on it. Thanks.

Updates...

The "Stamina Cost - defending vs blaster" has now been renamed into:

"Stamina Health - defending vs blaster"

The ranking and values are shown from greatest to least here:

1. Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Yoda: (2,150 points)

2. Anakin Skywalker: (1,400 points)

3. Rey, Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren & Count Dooku: (1,100 points)

4. Darth Maul: (800 points)

5. General Grievous: (200 points)

Updates...

The "Stamina Cost - defending vs blaster" has now been renamed into:

"Stamina Health - defending vs blaster"

The ranking and values are shown from greatest to least here:

1. Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Yoda: (2,150 points)

2. Anakin Skywalker: (1,400 points)

3. Rey, Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren & Count Dooku: (1,100 points)

4. Darth Maul: (800 points)

5. General Grievous: (200 points)

Thanks for this. I was about to submit a request directly to EA for this info since it wasn’t provided with the patch notes.
  • @Clone201
    I feel Palpatine is taking stamina from blocking enemies faster then before, but not so different though. Do you have any idea why? Could Palpatine's lightning also be included in this blaster deflection stamina?
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• @Clone201
    I feel Palpatine is taking stamina from blocking enemies faster then before, but not so different though. Do you have any idea why? Could Palpatine's lightning also be included in this blaster deflection stamina?

Looking into that now...
  • DiamondxStyles
    2335 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    @Clone201

Looking into that now...

I realize the update pertained to "blaster bolt" damage only, per notes, so block stamina should be unchanged. But to be certain, does this update's "stamina health" affect sabers in any way?

For instance, Anakin w/ Massive Strikes does 150. Maul does 120. Is Block stamina still no different between respective characters swinging at blocks?

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

@Clone201

Looking into that now...

I realize the update pertained to "blaster bolt" damage only, per notes, so block stamina should be unchanged. But to be certain, does this update's "stamina health" affect sabers in any way?

For instance, Anakin w/ Massive Strikes does 150. Maul does 120. Is Block stamina still no different between respective characters swinging at blocks?

Nope. Still the same as before. Just tested Dooku with Masterful Duelist against Luke and he still blocked 10 attacks.
    @Clone201

Looking into that now...

Nope. Still the same as before. Just tested Dooku with Masterful Duelist against Luke and he still blocked 10 attacks.

Gud and thanks

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• @Clone201

Force Lightning seems to drain 3 times per tick with a small time delays in between. It's not a continuous process so I could only record how long each saber hero could sustain against Palpatine's two-handed lightning without anything else involved.

Rey, Luke, and Anakin could hold for roughly 3.5 seconds, whilst Obi-Wan held for 10 seconds against Force Lightning. Somehow Yoda does NOT lose stamina from blocking Palpatine at all. This is without star cards.