criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes & Villains: Informational Thread (READ DESC)

Replies

• Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Ah stealth adjustments, aren't they pretty?

Because I spotted one: Dooku's attack speed with Duelist was nerfed. I'll look into that deep down. Also it seems that his dodge is faster too, much like Obi-Wan and Anakin levels of speed.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »

Because I spotted one: Dooku's attack speed with Duelist was nerfed. I'll look into that deep down.

wzdoh406vc0a.gif

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

I find yoda is hopeless at save tracking

He's actually pretty good with saber tracking; even I've heard some users on here emphasize how good his tracking is, so it's likely definitely at the top.

Yodas saber tracking is terrible, by far the worst of any hero.. i.e jumps up and down in place when doing his lil flip animation negating forward momentum and barely lounges at objects in front of him.
  • Dascooker wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »

He's actually pretty good with saber tracking; even I've heard some users on here emphasize how good his tracking is, so it's likely definitely at the top.

Yodas saber tracking is terrible, by far the worst of any hero.. i.e jumps up and down in place when doing his lil flip animation negating forward momentum and barely lounges at objects in front of him.

Outdated post. He was better before everyone else came along. Also whenever he locked onto a target, he usually hits that target 100% of the time whereas other characters would sometimes miss.

Because I spotted one: Dooku's attack speed with Duelist was nerfed. I'll look into that deep down.

wzdoh406vc0a.gif

Unrelenting Advance also drains block nearly instantly for anakin, luke, yoda, and rey if it hits them
    Dascooker wrote: »

Outdated post. He was better before everyone else came along. Also whenever he locked onto a target, he usually hits that target 100% of the time whereas other characters would sometimes miss.

Even if what you say is true, which I agree to disagree with you amicably of course based on my own experience, his swing speed has been the slowest of any hero since launch which is represented in your stats. His lounge distance using a basic attack to a hero or trooper is very clunky, easily dodgable during his flip animation that seems to stop his forward progress.I would rather miss 1 swing here or there with 130 swings per minute than have 100% tracking (which is debatable) with 100 swings per minute.

Even if what you say is true, which I agree to disagree with you amicably of course based on my own experience, his swing speed has been the slowest of any hero since launch which is represented in your stats. His lounge distance using a basic attack to a hero or trooper is very clunky, easily dodgable during his flip animation that seems to stop his forward progress.I would rather miss 1 swing here or there with 130 swings per minute than have 100% tracking (which is debatable) with 100 swings per minute.

I did not consider lunge range as saber tracking however. Him being able to hit enemies outside melee range whenever he locked onto them was far more consistent than any other hero bar Rey despite shorter range and 0 momentum, was an example of him having the best saber tracking, as in hit consistency. This might be different nowadays.
  • Dascooker
    88 posts Member
    edited October 2019

I did not consider lunge range as saber tracking however. Him being able to hit enemies outside melee range whenever he locked onto them was far more consistent than any other hero bar Rey despite shorter range and 0 momentum, was an example of him having the best saber tracking, as in hit consistency. This might be different nowadays.

Great thread, thanks for all your hard work!
  • Thanks for keeping up with this
  • @DiamondxStyles

Dooku's nerf was only a slight nerf. He's at around nearly 2.7 (2.67) attacks per second with Duelist, so he's still the fastest by far.

I remember when that was true, and I abused of this Yoda's feature back then. It was indeed very reliable.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
    @Clone201
    I feel Palpatine is taking stamina from blocking enemies faster then before, but not so different though. Do you have any idea why? Could Palpatine's lightning also be included in this blaster deflection stamina?

Force Lightning seems to drain 3 times per tick with a small time delays in between. It's not a continuous process so I could only record how long each saber hero could sustain against Palpatine's two-handed lightning without anything else involved.

Rey, Luke, and Anakin could hold for roughly 3.5 seconds, whilst Obi-Wan held for 10 seconds against Force Lightning. Somehow Yoda does NOT lose stamina from blocking Palpatine at all. This is without star cards.

Thanks for the research! Now that about Yoda is insane, I'll have to try it out. With the new emperor hitting soeasily due to the block changes, maybe Yoda can fill the role of his counter.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Amazing info here
    @Clone201
    I feel Palpatine is taking stamina from blocking enemies faster then before, but not so different though. Do you have any idea why? Could Palpatine's lightning also be included in this blaster deflection stamina?

Force Lightning seems to drain 3 times per tick with a small time delays in between. It's not a continuous process so I could only record how long each saber hero could sustain against Palpatine's two-handed lightning without anything else involved.

Rey, Luke, and Anakin could hold for roughly 3.5 seconds, whilst Obi-Wan held for 10 seconds against Force Lightning. Somehow Yoda does NOT lose stamina from blocking Palpatine at all. This is without star cards.

I tried this out and if it wasn't for the new BUG with the Show No Mercy Star Card that grants Palpatine's Chain Lightning the ability to break and bypass blocks from any side, Yoda would definetly be a top pick against Palpatine due to that. It also combos very well with his Absorption feature, which grants a permanent buildup (until used that is) if it absorbed Palpatine's attack (instead of blaster shots for example).

I hope they hotfix this BUG with Palpatine before November's Main Patch
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    A few stealth changes to heroes I spotted since the update:

1. Grievous's Unrelenting Advance only has CC immunity to staggers and pushes in front of him, but not behind him.

2. Count Dooku's duelist speed has been slightly nerfed (from 3 attacks per second to 2.67). Additionally, his dodges end quicker, much to the speed of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Good buff right there!

3. Luke Skywalker's Saber Rush no longer ignores dodge immunity which means it can now be dodged without taking damage. The same applies for Grievous' Claw Rush ability. More abilities like Rey's Dash Strike and Yoda's Dash Attack may also be dodgable too, but since I have not yet been able to come up against them in multiplayer, I'll have to look into those.

4. Unrelenting Advance drains much more stamina against blocking lightsaber heroes (from 1 to 7 attacks per hit).

If you spotted any yourself, please comment down below.
  • Great stuff @Clone201 , I have checked that Grievous unrelenting advance is now dodgeable as well. Also, in my splitscreen tests, I can't block Unrelenting Advance if Grievous continues to crawl after passing through the blocking character.

I mean, I can block when he reaches me, but as he passes through me, he hits me from the back.

With precise timing I can block the incoming hit, then turn around as he passed through me to then block the hit that would come from behind.

I'll make a GIF to share it here
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• Did you notice Dooku's lunge was fixed?
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Did you notice Dooku's lunge was fixed?

As far as my tests go, the only thing they did was give his lunge attack another attacking animation for it that is faster than the old one. His old one that's he has always used before is still slow as it is. He'll be like Anakin or Vader now.

1. Count Dooku (2.2 attacks/s)

2. Anakin Skywalker, Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi, & Darth Maul ( 2.2 max , 2 min )

3. General Grievous ( 2 attacks/s )

5. Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker ( 2 max , 1.8 min )

6. Kylo Ren (2 max, 1.7 min)

7. Yoda (1.67 attacks/s)

Going into testing as of this week, I noticed that the previous ranking above was now a bit off, well with Luke and only him. While Luke's attack speed was reduced like 3 days after the RR update, the nerf turned out not to be as harsh as I once thought it was, which means his attack speed was actually faster. After doing thorough timing, I conclude that he is be tied with 4 other heroes for 2nd currently until more of these changes come through in the future, if any. Also, I simply changed the numbers from their original estimates for more precise values.

Here's the new ranking I have been able to come up with:

1. Count Dooku (2.16 attacks/s)

2. Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Maul (2.16 max, 2 min)

3. General Grievous (2 attacks/s)

4. Darth Vader (2 max, 1.83 min)

5. Kylo Ren (2 max, 1.75 min)

6. Yoda (1.67 attacks/s)

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hmmmm. Luke needs nerfing

I agree with you Grand_Admiral. With Intensify fully active he can do 360 DPS, whereas Yoda does 125 DPS as he doesn't swing twice in a second.
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Werowe4 wrote: »

Those results do turn out differently when you play among the different blasters in the game. I only posted the estimated 'minimum' value I could find for that case, since the max wouldn't be far about those results to begin with.
  • Why does Kylo's 2nd frenzy swing drain a silly amount of stamina? Are you sure it drains 4 strikes' worth?
  • Just seems like a LOT of stamina to drain in 1 hit.
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Just seems like a LOT of stamina to drain in 1 hit.

I have tested this many times. Yes, Frenzy is like that.

Ok, that's just weird. Maybe DICE messed up. And I'm not saying you're incompetent at testing BUT 4 strikes blocked by Obi will be less stamina than 4 strikes blocked by Yoda for example.

Ok, that's just weird. Maybe DICE messed up. And I'm not saying you're incompetent at testing BUT 4 strikes blocked by Obi will be less stamina than 4 strikes blocked by Yoda for example.

Well, Obi-wan can block 25 attacks; Yoda can only block 10.
  • 25????? That needs a nerf! Like, he has 2 cards which increase his defending vs saber stamina. Apply them both, and he will be able to block around 80 attacks (I think) which is too much IMO.
  • Werowe4
    396 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    25????? That needs a nerf! Like, he has 2 cards which increase his defending vs saber stamina. Apply them both, and he will be able to block around 80 attacks (I think) which is too much IMO.

Obi’s supposed to be defensive. As to 80, with both cards equipped and maxed (40% reduced stamina drain each), I thought the max values for Obi were 69 melee blocks and 5,972 damage for blaster blocking (or 128 blaster deflections under previous system). Did this change?
  • AnakinVader33
    327 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I think I miscalculated, but 69 is too many melee blocks IMO. Same for 128 deflected shots or 5972 damage deflected.
    Post edited by AnakinVader33 on

Yeah. Luke's is best. He has tracked me, my brother and my friends across maps numerous times through 2018
  • @Clone201 shouldn’t Dooku have 2 animation sequences as he has 2 lunge attacks?

@Clone201 Combined with the Grievous drain thread, this has me a bit confused: with the blaster stamina defense change, force powers drain stamina for wasted (for lack of a better word), potential damage but melee attacks still drain based upon the number of strikes. For melee powers used by saber users, however, from what I’ve read here, only some drain per hit (ex. Rey’s dash) like a normal melee, while others like Kylo’s Frenzy and Grievous’ Unrelenting Advance drain differently, right? Is it that the latter group are treated as force abilities for the purposes of determining their effect on draining stamina, or something else? Also, are Frenzy and UA the only two melee powers that drain differently like this or are there others?
  • @Clone201 shouldn’t Dooku have 2 animation sequences as he has 2 lunge attacks?

No. Attack sequences don't involve lunge attacks.
    Werowe4 wrote: »

@Clone201 Combined with the Grievous drain thread, this has me a bit confused: with the blaster stamina defense change, force powers drain stamina for wasted (for lack of a better word), potential damage but melee attacks still drain based upon the number of strikes. For melee powers used by saber users, however, from what I’ve read here, only some drain per hit (ex. Rey’s dash) like a normal melee, while others like Kylo’s Frenzy and Grievous’ Unrelenting Advance drain differently, right? Is it that the latter group are treated as force abilities for the purposes of determining their effect on draining stamina, or something else? Also, are Frenzy and UA the only two melee powers that drain differently like this or are there others?

I would think that Unrelenting Advance and Frenzy were purposefully designing to drain more stamina off a blocking user when each of those attacks are blocked. Those two aren't the only ones; Obi-Wan's Defensive Rush can deal at least 2 hits instead of one to a blocking saber hero.

Rey's dash strike wasn't tweaked to drain for more than 1 hit in such a manner, and it's most likely like that since it never actually staggered blocking heroes to ever begin with like Frenzy and Unrelenting Advance did.
  • @Clone201 I remembered I wanted to ask you about a card Luke has. It's called deflection mastery. The card is supposed to make Luke's deflection more accurate but drain more of his stamina. Do you know how much more accurate his deflection becomes? As for the stamina, I can say that, according to Reddit, he can deflect 1002 damage instead of 1116. Am I right?
  • Kylo Ren’s frenzy is supposed to be blockable now?
    I thought that was a glitch
  • Kylo Ren’s frenzy is supposed to be blockable now?

It isn't a glitch
  • @Clone201 I remembered I wanted to ask you about a card Luke has. It's called deflection mastery. The card is supposed to make Luke's deflection more accurate but drain more of his stamina. Do you know how much more accurate his deflection becomes? As for the stamina, I can say that, according to Reddit, he can deflect 1002 damage instead of 1116. Am I right?

I have no way of testing blaster deflection angles with his Deflection Mastery.

And... when testing among different blasters against blocking heroes, you may possibly get different results for each one. It's kinda confusing to begin with. All my tests with the different blasters for Luke have relayed at least 1,100 points. It will stay that until more players look into it and consistently reach lower values like those.
    Kylo Ren’s frenzy is supposed to be blockable now?

It never was. Perhaps Frenzy going through blocks was a glitch or perhaps an exploit with how it used to stagger the blocking hero, disabling their blocking ability temporarily.
  • DiamondxStyles
    2335 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    @Clone201 I remembered I wanted to ask you about a card Luke has. It's called deflection mastery. The card is supposed to make Luke's deflection more accurate but drain more of his stamina. Do you know how much more accurate his deflection becomes? As for the stamina, I can say that, according to Reddit, he can deflect 1002 damage instead of 1116. Am I right?

And... when testing among different blasters against blocking heroes, you may possibly get different results for each one. It's kinda confusing to begin with. All my tests with the different blasters for Luke have relayed at least 1,100 points. It will stay that until more players look into it and consistently reach lower values like those.

It never was. Perhaps Frenzy going through blocks was a glitch or perhaps an exploit with how it used to stagger the blocking hero, disabling their blocking ability temporarily.

Proof that block breaks and staggers were glitches? From where I stand, the developers had to have added it

They just recently took it away when everyone complained about abilities staggering them and momentarily breaching their defenses for a split second. Frenzy was merely among the staggers, in the same vein as the Pull-Freeze, the ChainLightning-Electrocute, the Push-Repulse, and the team combos, that happened faster than the defender could reset their block after a stagger on the final hit

Unless they explicitly stated that abilities were somehow coded to stagger, but it was never intentional, then I see zero evidence to believe it was a glitch

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

@Clone201 I remembered I wanted to ask you about a card Luke has. It's called deflection mastery. The card is supposed to make Luke's deflection more accurate but drain more of his stamina. Do you know how much more accurate his deflection becomes? As for the stamina, I can say that, according to Reddit, he can deflect 1002 damage instead of 1116. Am I right?

Proof that block breaks and staggers were glitches? From where I stand, the developers had to have added it

They just recently took it away when everyone complained about abilities staggering them and momentarily breaching their defenses for a split second. Frenzy was merely among the staggers, in the same vein as the Pull-Freeze, the ChainLightning-Electrocute, the Push-Repulse, and the team combos, that happened faster than the defender could reset their block after a stagger on the final hit

Didn't mean to say it was a glitch, I was only changing the view of the person I quoted before to abilities staggering blocking players rather than how Frenzy was unblockable because of a real glitch, which Kwamster9000 thought it as.

Didn't mean to say it was a glitch, I was only changing the view of the person I quoted before to abilities staggering blocking players rather than how Frenzy was unblockable because of a real glitch, which Kwamster9000 thought it as.

Oh oops, sorry for the misinterpretation lol

• @Clone201 Dude you should re-test force powers against lightsaber-wielders because Yoda's unleash drained a huge chunk of Vader's stamina when blocked whilst me and my brother were playing split-screen. Same with Maul's choke hold. Just some advice.

I guess where does that put him now?? I'm my own play time with him he seems to be lacking in the saber combat department, primarily due to his saber attack animation and lack of a real "lunge" in his tracking.
  • yoda901 wrote: »

I guess where does that put him now?? I'm my own play time with him he seems to be lacking in the saber combat department, primarily due to his saber attack animation and lack of a real "lunge" in his tracking.

Yoda needs a buff all round, really
  • @Clone201 Dude you should re-test force powers against lightsaber-wielders because Yoda's unleash drained a huge chunk of Vader's stamina when blocked whilst me and my brother were playing split-screen. Same with Maul's choke hold. Just some advice.

On it.
  • Oh.. and I forgot to mention... someone started a discussion about Maul's Lightsaber Defense card and how it apparently gives him 60% damage reduction during spin attack. Just another thing
  • Oh.. and I forgot to mention... someone started a discussion about Maul's Lightsaber Defense card and how it apparently gives him 60% damage reduction during spin attack. Just another thing

I know about that. It is a hidden feature.
  • @Clone201 you should remove the 90% DR for Vader’s choke that’s currently listed.
  • Werowe4 wrote: »
    @Clone201 you should remove the 90% DR for Vader’s choke that’s currently listed.

I agree with you @Werowe4.
  • Finally back from a long break from BF2 just in time for this update. Information on the thread will be updated all soon.
    Finally back from a long break from BF2 just in time for this update. Information on the thread will be updated all soon.

You’re the best.

Looking forward to seeing all the changes that weren’t documented in the notes.
    Confidence born of ignorance