criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Heroes & Villains: Informational Thread (READ DESC)

Replies

• Clone201 wrote: »
    Finally back from a long break from BF2 just in time for this update. Information on the thread will be updated all soon.

Glad to have you back. I'm starting my day of playtest right now. Let's see what we can find out today.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • This thread is one of the best on the forums..
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • This thread is one of the best on the forums..

THE best
  • @SadderJoker Thanks! That means a lot
    This thread is one of the best on the forums..

THE best

THE Best indeed! It's great that we have this thread around here. And I really appreciate @Clone201 work here. I'd never have the patience, and this type of info helps a lot.

Too bad devs fundamentally change most things every now and then, so the load of work on him is huge. Imagine doing this for all other classes? Or taking all Star Cards into consideration? That would require a much bigger team (or someone with loads of free time).

I shall keep myself in the Bughunting area. BTW, I found out how to enter a wall on Naboo Hangar Stage with Boba Fett today on Patch day. I needed to do it to chase an enemy Arcade AI trooper that somehow fell from the map and was by the river, under the hangar. I'll get this clip to share soon (but not the method to enter the wall, as that would be against the rules ofc).

Which means there's probably a hole in the wall on Naboo Hangar (what I did was force my way through the wall using the dodge method), as troopers don't usually are able to cross walls on their own. In the past that was common on Bespin because almost every doorway had a hole into the glitchy world behind walls.

Unless it's a AI BUG like in the past we had on Jabba's Palace Arcade, where troopers were defying all laws of Physics, like entering any walls at will and levitating upwards or downwards. Good times :D
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
    Finally back from a long break from BF2 just in time for this update. Information on the thread will be updated all soon.

@OoiiHooked_22 and I already found one new bug this morning in co-op where it wouldn't let him select any character or even show the unit standing there.
  • Yupp. Spawned in, couldn’t select a class, kicked me from a friends lobby into my own by myself, and my gun was invisible while my character held nothing. Could’ve been my connection but never happened before 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’ll seee if it happens again
  • Yupp. Spawned in, couldn’t select a class, kicked me from a friends lobby into my own by myself, and my gun was invisible while my character held nothing. Could’ve been my connection but never happened before 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’ll seee if it happens again

I had abilities go through block a few times this morning too but that's not really new.
  • So any updates so far?
  • Clone201
    3993 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    So any updates so far?

Vader's 25% mitigation for Choke, Dooku's anti-bonus health expose weakness, and Boba's rocket barrage duration just to name three.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • This post should stay at the top permanently. I hate having to search for it all the time lol
    So any updates so far?

Vader's 25% mitigation for Choke, Dooku's anti-bonus health expose weakness, and Boba's rocket barrage duration just to name three.

Thanks but I meant were any stealth changes? Also, I know it’s been said a bunch already but still thank you for keeping this up. DICE should have you on payroll.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    This post should stay at the top permanently. I hate having to search for it all the time lol

I bookmarked it on my phone and refer ppl to it constantly. #Quality
  • @Clone201 do you remember that I told you to re-test force powers against blocking heroes?
    BTW any data on that yet?
  • @Clone201 Dude you should re-test force powers against lightsaber-wielders because Yoda's unleash drained a huge chunk of Vader's stamina when blocked whilst me and my brother were playing split-screen. Same with Maul's choke hold. Just some advice.

Maul's choke hold doesn't drain a ton at all - just 1 hit off your defensive stamina. I just finished searching the values on Dark Side - thread has been updated with their info as this reply is posted.

Now onto the Light Side... I wonder how I am going to test charged Unleash vs uncharged unleash.
  • Clone201
    3993 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Clone201 wrote: »
    So any updates so far?

Thanks but I meant were any stealth changes? Also, I know it’s been said a bunch already but still thank you for keeping this up. DICE should have you on payroll.

Not any that I know of. Stealth changes are hard to find, and, most of them don't take into account on what I update here, plus I really don't believe that 'secret patch notes' thread, since I never found most of what users have posted on there.
    @Clone201 Dude you should re-test force powers against lightsaber-wielders because Yoda's unleash drained a huge chunk of Vader's stamina when blocked whilst me and my brother were playing split-screen. Same with Maul's choke hold. Just some advice.

Maul's choke hold doesn't drain a ton at all - just 1 hit off your defensive stamina. I just finished searching the values on Dark Side - thread has been updated with their info as this reply is posted.

Now onto the Light Side... I wonder how I am going to test charged Unleash vs uncharged unleash.

@Clone201 thank you so much for keeping up with all the changes. If you have to go to work or school then that combined with this must be a lot of work for you, and I think many people will agree with me that this is one of the most informative threads on the forums.

I see that most force powers drain stamina equivalent to 1 hit, although Anakin's Heroic Might, according to you, drains no stamina at all when blocked, so this may be a potential stealth change/nerf/bug for Anakin?

Also, I don't think a charged Unleash drains any more stamina than a non-charged one.

I also noticed that Grievous' Thrust Surge, an ability which deals high damage, will drai stamina equivalent to 2 attacks blocked. Maybe the amount of stamina an ability drains when blocked is linked to the damage it deals (hence why Unrelenting Advance drains a stupid amount of stamina). What do you think?
  • Clone201
    3993 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    @Clone201 Dude you should re-test force powers against lightsaber-wielders because Yoda's unleash drained a huge chunk of Vader's stamina when blocked whilst me and my brother were playing split-screen. Same with Maul's choke hold. Just some advice.

Maybe the amount of stamina an ability drains when blocked is linked to the damage it deals (hence why Unrelenting Advance drains a stupid amount of stamina). What do you think?

No, I think they somehow got some of these abilities to deal more stamina damage against lightsaber defense like in lightsaber combat. It is not linked to the damage it deals to enemy players when they are not blocking though.

UA deals 110 damage per hit every 0.45 seconds. If that was the case, UA would need 10 hits to or a good 4.5 seconds (to break 1,100 stamina health that most heroes have) which would give defending players plenty of time to move away from Grievous.

Maybe the amount of stamina an ability drains when blocked is linked to the damage it deals (hence why Unrelenting Advance drains a stupid amount of stamina). What do you think?

No, I think they somehow got some of these abilities to deal more stamina damage against lightsaber defense like in lightsaber combat. It is not linked to the damage it deals.

UA deals 110 damage per hit every 0.45 seconds. If that was the case, UA would need 10 hits to or a good 4.5 seconds (to break 1,100 stamina health that most heroes have) which would give defending players plenty of time to move away from Grievous.

Dudee.. you're forgetting that it drains 7 lightsaber hits/0.45 secs, not 110 health/s

No, I think they somehow got some of these abilities to deal more stamina damage against lightsaber defense like in lightsaber combat. It is not linked to the damage it deals.

Dudee.. you're forgetting that it drains 7 lightsaber hits/0.45 secs, not 110 health/s

Yeah, I knew that. I was just speaking as if UA drained stamina based on damage dealt, which is not the case.
  • yoda901
    206 posts Member
    edited December 2019

Charged vs uncharged Unleash is the same, almost 1/4 of the stamina bar for most Dark Side lightsaber heroes, no buffs/star cards. It drains the most stamina of any force ability I tested by a large margin. I wish there was more benefit in charging it against villains, the base range is also really short as well.
  • yoda901 wrote: »

Charged vs uncharged Unleash is the same, almost 1/4 of the stamina bar for most Dark Side lightsaber heroes, no buffs/star cards. It drains the most stamina of any force ability I tested by a large margin. I wish there was more benefit in charging it against villains, the base range is also really short as well.

Yeah, I know. I remembered to use Emperor Palpatine's force lightning which, in fact, can allow Yoda to hold his full unleash charge indefinitely.
    yoda901 wrote: »

Yeah, I know. I remembered to use Emperor Palpatine's force lightning which, in fact, can allow Yoda to hold his full unleash charge indefinitely.

Yeah, sadly even though Yoda can block it forever, and hold the charge forever, Palpatine is still superior. Yoda has just been over nerfed, and could use some quality of life changes for HvV. I would like to see a Fully Charged unleash do more damage against villains, if its 190 against troopers, it could be around 230-250 against villains and should drain say 75% more stamina than uncharged Unleash. One can dream lol.
  • @Clone201
    Can we expect you next Monday? I'm missing your inputs here in the forum, you've always done a great work for the community
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• @Clone201
    Can we expect you next Monday? I'm missing your inputs here in the forum, you've always done a great work for the community

He might've retired bf
  • @Clone201

He might've retired bf

If that's so, then that's really bad. This amount of work is out of my reach. If he doesn't comeback we'll need someone to continue this awesome work, or else we'll go back to the Dark Ages, with no hints of the stealth changes DICE delivers here and there.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• @Clone201

I have been watching this forum despite not posting on here. I'll be there upon the update.
    Just updated the thread for the original heroes as I could.

Gonna need a few hours before I can do BB-8 and BB-9E. I have work today.

Please link your thread here.
  • Great thread. However it would be even better if all hero information (both force-users and blaster-users) was added into the original post. Or have you reached a character limit for the original post?
  • Would be wonderful if the actual devs make a stats tab showing this data?

To me, this things with this game seems absurd. Like the weapon stats, a simple bar/square system... It's completely non sense. It can be so hard to, instead of simple/Boring/non sense bar, they provide actual data (for every unit, of course).

One of the many things this game completely flaw. Again, if this game wouldn't be a Star Wars franchise game, It would be considerered a poor/unpolished/childly game. But, you know, Star Wars.
    Just updated the thread for the original heroes as I could.

Gonna need a few hours before I can do BB-8 and BB-9E. I have work today.

Please link your thread here.

It's here? I mean, it's in the first page of this thread.

@Clone201
    It's great to see you're still with us! Thought you might have quit this game.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• BB-8 and BB-9E are finally added into the thread. Go back to the 1st page and move 15 posts down to find my updated comment.
    BB-8 and BB-9E are finally added into the thread. Go back to the 1st page and move 15 posts down to find my updated comment.

May I?

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1289767/#Comment_1289767

Thanks for your awesome work!
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• @Clone201
    People have been mentioning Grievous abilities now have a longer recharge time then before Feb 12's patch. Can you confirm this?
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• Genin
    352 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Wow.... just discovered this GREAT thread!

What do you think is the strongest attack single hit? (considering also the right starcards to buff it)

P.S. Does Obi wan's push improve also damage with the card that improve the range?
  • Doctor_Jones
    80 posts Member
    edited February 17
    Genin wrote: »

What do you think is the strongest attack single hit? (considering also the right starcards to buff it)

P.S. Does Obi wan's push improve also damage with the card that improve the range?

Sup dude. Obi-Wan's push always does the same damage regardless of what cards you use. His push deals a base 150 damage to villains, and 180 when max charge; but it does 170 base to infantry, & 200 when max charge. Did some math and it looks like out of all the heroes & villains, Iden has the strongest single-hit attack. Her Pulse Cannon does 362 damage when you headshot an enemy who's 50m away. In close second place is Chewie. His Bowcaster can do 360.8 damage in one hit with this setup: Shocked and Vulnerable card equipped, throw your Shock Grenade at someone, and land a headshot with all 5 projectiles from your Bowcaster. I think @Clone201 needs to update the damage values of Chewie's Bowcaster on the original post, because it does less damage now. The lightsaber hero with the most damage is Dooku. He can do 345 damage in one hit with this setup: Masterful Duelist, Dominance & Initiative cards are equipped, you activate Duelist and Expose Weakness, then you hit an enemy in the back for the total.

Edit: Dooku can actually do 357 damage in one hit, my math was wrong.
    Post edited by Doctor_Jones on
  • Genin wrote: »

Sup dude. Obi-Wan's push always does the same damage regardless of what cards you use. His push deals a base 150 damage to villains, and 180 when max charge; but it does 170 base to infantry, & 200 when max charge. Did some math and it looks like out of all the heroes & villains Iden has the strongest single-hit attack. Her Pulse Cannon does 362 damage when you headshot an enemy who's 50m away. In close second place is Chewie. His Bowcaster can do 360.8 damage in one hit if you're within 25m of an enemy, hit them with the shock grenade (with the Shocked and Vulnerable card equipped), and land a headshot with all 5 projectiles. I think @Clone201 needs to update the damage values of Chewie's Bowcaster on the original post, because it does less damage now. The lightsaber hero with the most damage is Dooku. He can do 345 damage in one hit with this setup: Masterful Duelist, Dominance & Initiative cards are equipped, you activate Duelist and Expose Weakness, then you hit an enemy in the back for the total.

@Genin

Actually the max value is slightly higher:

Front Damage: (155 (Duelist) + 20 (Masterful Duelist) + 50 (Initiative) * 40% Increase (Dominance)) = 315 damage.
    Rear damage: (155 (Duelist) + 55 (Rear damage) + 20 (Masterful Duelist) + 50 (Initiative) * 40% Increase (Dominance)) = 392 damage.
  • Wow... Thank u guys, you are great!
  • Doctor_Jones
    80 posts Member
    edited February 14
    anidriX wrote: »
    Genin wrote: »

Sup dude. Obi-Wan's push always does the same damage regardless of what cards you use. His push deals a base 150 damage to villains, and 180 when max charge; but it does 170 base to infantry, & 200 when max charge. Did some math and it looks like out of all the heroes & villains Iden has the strongest single-hit attack. Her Pulse Cannon does 362 damage when you headshot an enemy who's 50m away. In close second place is Chewie. His Bowcaster can do 360.8 damage in one hit if you're within 25m of an enemy, hit them with the shock grenade (with the Shocked and Vulnerable card equipped), and land a headshot with all 5 projectiles. I think @Clone201 needs to update the damage values of Chewie's Bowcaster on the original post, because it does less damage now. The lightsaber hero with the most damage is Dooku. He can do 345 damage in one hit with this setup: Masterful Duelist, Dominance & Initiative cards are equipped, you activate Duelist and Expose Weakness, then you hit an enemy in the back for the total.

@Genin

Actually the max value is slightly higher:

Front Damage: (155 (Duelist) + 20 (Masterful Duelist) + 50 (Initiative) * 40% Increase (Dominance)) = 315 damage.
    Rear damage: (155 (Duelist) + 55 (Rear damage) + 20 (Masterful Duelist) + 50 (Initiative) * 40% Increase (Dominance)) = 392 damage.

Oh yes forgot to add rear-damage into the equation for Expose Weakness. Also when you hit someone in the back with Dooku you only get 30 bonus damage, so really his max damage total is 357, still just behind Iden & Chewie.
  • @Clone201
    People have been mentioning Grievous abilities now have a longer recharge time then before Feb 12's patch. Can you confirm this?

@RogueZeroRendar, They were not changed.

13, 11, and 13 seconds - Thrust Surge, Unrelenting Advance, and Claw Rush respectively, as they have always been.
  • great post
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • freshseth83
    1057 posts Member
    edited February 16
    BB-8 seems to have immunity to some things when he's using cable spin. Couldn't shock him with Iden's Droid yesterday when he was spinning his way towards me.

BB-9E seems to be able to cancel abilities that have CC immunity. At least some of them (including Anakin's heroic might).
  • @Clone201
    Hey are you ever gonna edit blaster hero data into the original post? Kinda awkward having all blaster hero data in its own separate comment halfway down the page? Or have you reached the "character limit" for the original post?
  • BB-8 seems to have immunity to some things when he's using cable spin. Couldn't shock him with Iden's Droid yesterday when he was spinning his way towards me.

BB-9E seems to be able to cancel abilities that have CC immunity. At least some of them (including Anakin's heroic might).

I think some of that has to do with bugs. The BB droids seem to be "physically" unaffected by most CC abilities from other heroes.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    2174 posts Member
    edited February 17
    @Clone201

Can you share with us your method to check Lando's Disabler Immobilization time?

Me and @anidriX have been hard at work testing and recording footage to check its value (but especially the effects of his Star Card Quick Shock, which isn't working as intended).

The IMMOBILIZED label vanishes from the target before he's able to do anything. And checking against iden, it was very consistent that she could resume firing before being able to walk again.

So we're unsure when it really starts and when it really finishes. How have you measured this time on your analysis?
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• @Clone201
    Hey are you ever gonna edit blaster hero data into the original post? Kinda awkward having all blaster hero data in its own separate comment halfway down the page? Or have you reached the "character limit" for the original post?

Character limit has been reached.
    @Clone201

Can you share with us your method to check Lando's Disabler Immobilization time?

Me and @anidriX have been hard at work testing and recording footage to check its value (but especially the effects of his Star Card Quick Shock, which isn't working as intended).

The IMMOBILIZED label vanishes from the target before he's able to do anything. And checking against iden, it was very consistent that she could resume firing before being able to walk again.

So we're unsure when it really starts and when it really finishes. How have you measured this time on your analysis?

This thread and battlefront fandom states 1.1 seconds stun time for Lando's disabled, though once I get back on, I'll double check it for myself.
  • @RogueZeroRendar I remember in a another thread you mentioned that star cards for Lando's increased smoke area, and Bossk's increased Dioxis area didn't do anything. Do you know if those cards work now?

• MikeDog5k wrote: »
    @RogueZeroRendar I remember in a another thread you mentioned that star cards for Lando's increased smoke area, and Bossk's increased Dioxis area didn't do anything. Do you know if those cards work now?

I still have to test Lando's card that increases smoke area currently, but for Spreading the Disease, Bossk's Star Card that increases the AoE of his Dioxis, that card does absolutely nothing. I've just checked it in our February 2020 Hero Star Cards' tests.
    And it's still the same like it was in October 2018, when I had last done a full test of all Hero Star Cards.

I've been sharing the results of the tests on the Discord, you can check it there, we have created a channel just for testing the game. I'll tag you there.

@Clone201 Thanks man! BTW, we'd like to invite you to join the Discord. A few players here started a discord first for PC players to finde each other, but now it turned into sort of a discord for this forums' members, and we have a section dedicated to testing and bughunting. Your participation would be very welcomed!
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• Lingering Dioxis is the only card I'd use besides the health from Dioxis. I do wonder if the damage reduction card during predator instincts is working?